Options

An Evening Celebrating The Who with Pete Townshend, Eddie Vedder Thursday, May 14, 2015

Comments

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    Yeah, you are all right, I will be there with damn good seats to see the man that has been the words and voice of my soul since I was 16. Pete is a part of who I am, and the fact Ed is doing this is icing on the cake.

I harbor no ill will. This is a dream come true for me.

See you all next week!!!
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283

This is BS. I bought $250 seats the day the went on sale in Section 201 and now there are much better seats available now they repriced some of the $500 seats down to $250

I can definitely understand the anger about the reprice though--it's one thing if someone is selling a ticket they bought for less, but if the venue suddenly marks better seats down (and significantly), not too cool at all.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Now if it's the venue that's doing it, that's total BS. If it were asshole scalpers taking a huge loss, that's one thing. But the venue, no. Not cool.
  • Options
    N_Jay_HN_Jay_H Posts: 171

Now if it's the venue that's doing it, that's total BS. If it were asshole scalpers taking a huge loss, that's one thing. But the venue, no. Not cool.

I don't understand the hate for the venue doing this. If the tickets aren't selling, then they can lower the price in order to sell them. This happens in all sorts of business: hotels, airlines, retail etc.
  • Options
    I guess I just look at this differently, but yeah you have a point. Those businesses do.

But you're not getting first class seat at a lower price than I paid for coach airfare. You're getting a coach seat cheaper than me.

Here, You're getting a better seat at a show that I was willing to put a lot more $ for the day of the sale because I had to be at this show.

Just doesn't seem right to me.
  • Options
    N_Jay_HN_Jay_H Posts: 171

I guess I just look at this differently, but yeah you have a point. Those businesses do.

But you're not getting first class seat at a lower price than I paid for coach airfare. You're getting a coach seat cheaper than me.

Here, You're getting a better seat at a show that I was willing to put a lot more $ for the day of the sale because I had to be at this show.

Just doesn't seem right to me.

These tickets are perishable goods. You don't have to be at this show. No one does. I understand your frustration. I was frustrated I wasn't able to buy tickets during the presale.
  • Options
    No see that's where you're wrong, I DO need to be at this show. But that's a long story. I'm going and that's good enough for me.

Good luck to all seeking tix, see you next week.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

This is BS. I bought $250 seats the day the went on sale in Section 201 and now there are much better seats available now they repriced some of the $500 seats down to $250

Call TM. I think they will let you trade.
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    Someone is selling a pair of $100.00 tickets in the Lost Dogs forum! Here come the cheap tickets!

As the Joker said in The Dark Knight... "And here we go..."
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    **SOLD**
    **PRICE LOWERED TO $300 (OBO)!** Section 106 row J (front row of that section)
    360 view (click on "View Tour" then scroll to the right and click on section 106): http://www.rosemont.com/theatre/events/360-view/
    Suziemay said:

Yes, I too have a spare ticket to this show (section 106, row J). This was the first ticket I grabbed, then because I'm obsessive, I checked back a few days later and grabbed another closer to the stage.

This was originally a $500 ticket ($518.55 with fees), willing to part with it for $400 (or best offer, seeing that concert is a little more than a week away!). It's in the front row of section 106, and you'll have a great view/ample leg room :D Will only accept PayPal, I will transfer ticket once I receive payment.

Seating chart: http://www.rosemont.com/theatre/tickets-events/seating/
    360 view (click on "View Tour" then scroll to the right and click on section 106): http://www.rosemont.com/theatre/events/360-view/

Post edited by Suziemay on
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

No see that's where you're wrong, I DO need to be at this show. But that's a long story. I'm going and that's good enough for me.

Good luck to all seeking tix, see you next week.

I wouldn't worry about the cost of your ticket vs others. You'll be there, I won't. I'd gladly trade places with you.

I wish I could pull it off, but I can't.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809

I'll admit, I paid $500+ in presales, I'll be pissed if there's someone in better seats that paid less. That's not right.

There will be.

FU Speedy and F Cincy. :)

Just kidding mods, don't ban me. Please.

It's all good. I'm 20 rows from stage, I shouldn't complain. Sooooo excited.
    Down to $98 on Vivid Seats.

I call that a Bargain. The best I ever had.

*SPEEDY runs*

My life's in Jeopardy..
    Burning cold blood is what I'm gonna be....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    JG64307JG64307 Posts: 37
    There are a few sadistic people on this forum that seem to take immense pleasure in seeing people who unfortunately ended up with extras lose money and accusing them of untoward behavior. I hope they all get bad karma.
  • Options
    JG64307 said:

There are a few sadistic people on this forum that seem to take immense pleasure in seeing people who unfortunately ended up with extras lose money and accusing them of untoward behavior. I hope they all get bad karma.

I for one DO NOT want to see anyone lose money. Its a shame that these tickets aren't selling, especially considering the charity. Nobody here wants anyone to lose money or feel cheated.

I am just having a little fun with PureandEasy.

• Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    JG64307 said:

I don't think that is the case as most of could not afford the higher prices tickets and got shut out of every pre-sale and regular sale for the $100.00 tickets. I don't want too see people lose money but if those who want to go and are excited to get cheaper tickets shouldn't we be a little happy? If I could help someone out with a $300-$500 ticket I would... I just cant and I really want to go to this show. I know the others on the forum feel the same way. Bad karma or not... it's the truth.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Wow, this thread has gone to shit! Anyone excited for the show? I am! And where have all the smileys gone, I can't find an appropriate one to express my emotions right now.

OK, found one: gifwave.com/2Mr/excited-screaming-cat-gif">gifwave.com/2Mr/excited-screaming-cat-gif">gifwave.com/2Mr/excited-screaming-cat-gif

I don't know how to post a gif :(
    Post edited by Suziemay on
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    I am excited also... less than 1 week! I hope they play "Heaven and Hell". I doubt they will because it seemed like The Who don't touch that one much, even when John Entwistle was alive. I think that one would be perfect for EV both vocally and lyrically.
  • Options
    3days said:

I am excited also... less than 1 week! I hope they play "Heaven and Hell". I doubt they will because it seemed like The Who don't touch that one much, even when John Entwistle was alive. I think that one would be perfect for EV both vocally and lyrically.

I'm mostly looking forward to Ed geeking out around Pete and Roger!
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    I am so very excited, too! Very curious to see how the show's gonna turn out, cause it could go in so many directions! I think that adds to the excitement for me--I truly don't know what I'm in for, but I know it's gonna be amazing!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i hope we get binaural start to finish.
  • Options
    rival. said:

I hope Joan Jett plays for 1 1/2 hours.
  • Options

rival. said:

agreed. my level of excitement about this show shot up ten fold when she was announced.
  • Options
    rival. said:

rival. said:

agreed. my level of excitement about this show shot up ten fold when she was announced.
    Hahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    you get tickets speedy??
  • Options
    don't make me read through 20 pages of this shit.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    rival. said:

you get tickets speedy??

I did not
    I live 2 miles from the venue, I am a HUGE WHO fan, I am obviously a BIG fan of Eddie....
    Yet this show really does nothing for me.

When I see THE WHO....I want to see Roger sing
    Ya know what I mean?

But I am sure it will be a GREAT TIME!
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    This thread is like a reverse of the run-up to Cinci '06 . Lower expectations to then be blown away.
  • Options

rival. said:

you get tickets speedy??

I did not
    I live 2 miles from the venue, I am a HUGE WHO fan, I am obviously a BIG fan of Eddie....
    Yet this show really does nothing for me.

When I see THE WHO....I want to see Roger sing
    Ya know what I mean?

But I am sure it will be a GREAT TIME!
    bummer! it will be fun. scored two in the $100 section. wouldn't have pulled the trigger on anything more expensive than that though.

shit, for the amount people have spent on these tickets, they could have just purchased the mystery vinyl of their choice that they are complaining about not receiving over in those threads. PERSPECTIVE!

cubs game this summer. slowly getting organized. i'll purchase you a couple old styles.
  • Options

This thread is like a reverse of the run-up to Cinci '06 . Lower expectations to then be blown away.

Should be interesting how this all goes down. My biggest fear, is since it is such a small venue, The Eddie Vedder worshippers will act like they do during one of his solo shows.

As I sit and ask my wife if she wants a beer, the guy next to me, who has had his eyes glued to Eddie Vedder for 2 hours, looks at me with hatred in his eyes and says...

"Be quiet! Eddie Vedder is speaking!"

Hahahahaha
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,908

Should be interesting how this all goes down. My biggest fear, is since it is such a small venue, The Eddie Vedder worshippers will act like they do during one of his solo shows.

As I sit and ask my wife if she wants a beer, the guy next to me, who has had his eyes glued to Eddie Vedder for 2 hours, looks at me with hatred in his eyes and says...

"Be quiet! Eddie Vedder is speaking!"

Hahahahaha
    God this is so true! Ed ved solo shows have really become a train wreck due to the psycho pj fans.
    I m not surprised at all that there are so many tickets available for this show, it was extremely overpriced.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......