An Evening Celebrating The Who with Pete Townshend, Eddie Vedder Thursday, May 14, 2015

Comments

• Another round of price reductions this morning. Sort of bummed, my seats that were $750, are now $500. Lots on the main floor being sold for $250!
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    edited May 2015

Another round of price reductions this morning. Sort of bummed, my seats that were $750, are now $500. Lots on the main floor being sold for $250!

I understand your frustration. The pricing was really wonky to begin with. You can't focus on that, just move past it and enjoy! Nothing you can do about it now. :rock_on:

Or actually, if you see a better ticket that you want, call TM and trade in your existing ticket. Or at the very least, call to see if they will refund you the difference. They very well might.
    Post edited by Suziemay on
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Can it be tomorrow already?? Pre-concert jitters setting in now! I haven't been this excited for a show in a long while. Just gotta get through this day!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    Definitely check the seating chart on TM and see what seats are available in your original purchase price range. Like others here have already mentioned, you can upgrade for free by calling TM. I exchanged 2nd row balcony in sec 203 for floor seats in sec 108, row R.
  • Thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately TM is being a prick. I was just told that I can't exchange my ticket, or receive any refund even though prices have been reduced.

This could be b/c I bought a single, but I was told I can't exchange my ticket. Even worse, if tomorrow all seats are reduced to less than what I paid ($750), they won't let me exchange for a better seat. I even asked for 2 tickets at $250, still less than I paid and they wouldn't do it...

Thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately TM is being a prick. I was just told that I can't exchange my ticket, or receive any refund even though prices have been reduced.

This could be b/c I bought a single, but I was told I can't exchange my ticket. Even worse, if tomorrow all seats are reduced to less than what I paid ($750), they won't let me exchange for a better seat. I even asked for 2 tickets at $250, still less than I paid and they wouldn't do it...

Wow, that sucks. I've heard of multiple people exchanging tickets for a better seat at the same price. Could just be the person you spoke to. I can see them not doing the refund or changing for 2 tix but that's lame if they don't let you exchange.

Don't know how much effort you want to put in, if you feel strongly you could try again and hopefully speak to a different rep. Or maybe they are getting too many of these calls and decided to put the kibosh on it which is also unfair.

Regardless of where you end up sitting. it will be a blast!
  • Thanks for the pep talk Suziemay! I'm going to try again tomorrow morning, especially if they reduce all tickets. I guess the problem is right now there is no "even" exchange for people that paid $750.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

Thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately TM is being a prick. I was just told that I can't exchange my ticket, or receive any refund even though prices have been reduced.

Call back you'll get a different rep..if you don't hear what you want..ask for management.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"

Thanks for the pep talk Suziemay! I'm going to try again tomorrow morning, especially if they reduce all tickets. I guess the problem is right now there is no "even" exchange for people that paid $750.

As someone who's a perpetual ticket upgrader (often at my own expense and sometimes not insignificant!) I feel your pain. I think the most important thing is not to let this whole ticket thing put a damper on what will be a fantastic evening. :peace:
  • Wma31394 said:

Call back you'll get a different rep..if you don't hear what you want..ask for management.
    Yep. I would hang up and call again. You're just getting some schmuck in a call center. Get another one. Totally random.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • korn-1korn-1 Posts: 930
    Anyone here know or talk to member AmyMoore? Trying to get in touch with her about a ticket to this show she bought from me, pm'd her 4 times but havent heard back from her in like 3 weeks...
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    No more tickets at $750 - price options on TM are 1000/500/250

If you call again and can't get an exchange, check to see what credit card you used to purchase the ticket and see if they have a price protection guarantee. I doubt it'll work, but it's another approach.

Wma31394 said:

Yep. I would hang up and call again. You're just getting some schmuck in a call center. Get another one. Totally random.
    Yes seriously call again! I just talked to two other people who switched to a better seat with no issues.
  • BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    Moved up 10 rows on floor via upgrade exchange. Awesome!!!!!
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    I was able to call monday and TM said they don't offer exchanges, however they would give me a "one time exchange"
    I really think the rules depend on the Customer service Rep you get on the other end.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,412
    Peter Townshend and Eddie Vedder are literally playing within walking distance of my house??
    And I am not going to the show? WTF!!!

You people are in for a GREAT TIME!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,362

Peter Townshend and Eddie Vedder are literally playing within walking distance of my house??

What gives dude? Seems like a no brainer.
    wwsuicide said:

Work.
    I have vacation coming next week, and the week after.
    Oh well.

wwsuicide said:

Work.
    Oh well.

If you had spent ALL the time you were on this thread working instead, you could have taken tomorrow night off! :wink: You still have time and as you know, your pick of below face tickets.
    Suziemay said:

wwsuicide said:

Work.
    Oh well.

If you had spent ALL the time you were on this thread working instead, you could have taken tomorrow night off! :wink: You still have time and as you know, your pick of below face tickets.
    HEY!!!
    This is where I spend my mornings, drinking coffee, and sharing a few laughs....Before I go and work my 10-12 hours! Hahahaha

Im gonna go see The Stones in 2 weeks.
    Im good.

But yeah, I am going to miss a DAMNED GOOD SHOW!
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Enjoy it. I'm extremely jealous. But, I'm seeing The Who Sunday, so that helps.

No it doesn't, I'm calling every single one of you going to the show bad names :lol:

I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    I cant fucking believe I am not going to this show...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkpos7LZrQk

Have you ever seen the faces of the children, they get so excited!!!!!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,519

Enjoy it. I'm extremely jealous. But, I'm seeing The Who Sunday, so that helps.

No it doesn't, I'm calling every single one of you going to the show bad names :lol:

LOL

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

I cant fucking believe I am not going to this show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0JHM0Q8JKQ

Ladies and gentleman
    Keith Moon
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,407
    Have you considered calling the venue directly? Maybe they could exchange your ticket for a better seat?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    Ummmmm
    Yeah I am not going to this show...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHTdrPL22-Y
  • pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 Posts: 653
    Can't wait! I might try to upgrade. Have people called ticketmaster and had luck? It seems people have had mixed responses.
  • BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    I called TM customer service in Chicago and was upgraded. Good luck, y'all.
  • pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 Posts: 653
    ^ Thanks!