Options

An Evening Celebrating The Who with Pete Townshend, Eddie Vedder Thursday, May 14, 2015

Comments

• Options
    SR59979SR59979 Posts: 6
    Ready to drop the price on my $250 ticket, half off anyone? 112, AA.
    IrishSpartan
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    SR59979 said:

Hmmmmm...
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    SR59979 said:

PM sent.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809

SR59979 said:

PM sent.
    there ya go!

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    the current bid for meet and greet with Ed/Pete/etc is $6600, with 4 days to go. how much would you pay to meet Ed?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    Decided to make the trip, ISO 1 single ticket.

Please feel free to flood my inbox with amazing deals.
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • Options
    DSTRUB said:

Decided to make the trip, ISO 1 single ticket.

Please feel free to flood my inbox with amazing deals.

many being sold on the lost dogs forum.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

the current bid for meet and greet with Ed/Pete/etc is $6600, with 4 days to go. how much would you pay to meet Ed?

nothing
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

3 times for free. Actually once was at a blackjack table in Vegas, so I kinda blew through $50 really quick, but I think Ed lost more. :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    JG64307JG64307 Posts: 37
    Which hotel? Eddie doesn't strike me as the gambling type. Drinking and smoking? Sure.
  • Options

nothing
    me neither. not a big "meeting celebrities" type. I think it would be awkward, unless it was happenstance.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    JG64307 said:

Which hotel? Eddie doesn't strike me as the gambling type. Drinking and smoking? Sure.

Yes, he was just having fun. Didn't even know to split aces. :) True story. It was in Vegas after the 2003 show. Met Boom and Mike too the same night and saw Stone gambling at a table too.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    This is BS. I bought $250 seats the day the went on sale in Section 201 and now there are much better seats available now they repriced some of the $500 seats down to $250
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options

This is BS. I bought $250 seats the day the went on sale in Section 201 and now there are much better seats available now they repriced some of the $500 seats down to $250

I'm in the same boat, but I'm just happy to go. It makes me feel better knowing that it's a charity benefit concert.

If it's a great show, you won't think twice about paying the $250 with money to charity too. If it's not so good, well...you could always tell the story about how you blew $250 on concert tickets. Just leave the part off where they dropped the ticket prices by half the week before...you'll seem much cooler.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    Ed

Ed? Fucking Pete is the question. :).
  • Options
    I'll admit, I paid $500+ in presales, I'll be pissed if there's someone in better seats that paid less. That's not right.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809

I'll admit, I paid $500+ in presales, I'll be pissed if there's someone in better seats that paid less. That's not right.

There will be.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

There will be.

FU Speedy and F Cincy. :)

Just kidding mods, don't ban me. Please.

It's all good. I'm 20 rows from stage, I shouldn't complain. Sooooo excited.
  • Options
    N_Jay_HN_Jay_H Posts: 171

There will be.

Down to $98 on Vivid Seats and $134 on StubHub. At this rate, I will for sure be in better seats than Pureandeasy, at a much better price!
  • Options
    N_Jay_H said:

There will be.

Down to $98 on Vivid Seats and $134 on StubHub. At this rate, I will for sure be in better seats than Pureandeasy, at a much better price!
    No need to sound so GD happy about it. Wtf?
  • Options

N_Jay_H said:

There will be.

I'm giddy. Why wouldn't I be excited about potentially getting great seats at a great price?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    N_Jay_H said:

There will be.

Well, Well... I will now I have to wait until next week. Tickets will be $50 bucks by Wednesday!
  • Options

N_Jay_H said:

There will be.

Well, Well... I will now I have to wait until next week. Tickets will be $50 bucks by Wednesday!
    Where do you live? In case a great pair are sold in only 2's I was thinking we could split. I'm in Orland Park.
  • Options
    bb4packersbb4packers Posts: 176
    I bought a $750 seat and then discovered I need to be out of town for work that night. Put it up for way less than face on Lost Dogs and StubHub. Feel lucky someone bought it on StubHub but took a bath. Never bought the ticket with the intent to sell but learned the hard way its a pretty limited secondary market for the expensive seats so I feel good for the people that waited it out. After the Wrigley craziness I thought this would sell out pretty fast but clearly misread the tea leaves on this one. By far the worst part is missing Pete and Ed together for what will surely be a memorable night. I'm hoping the fact that it's all for charity makes me feel better at some point but right now I'm way more pissed about missing the show than losing some $. As a final kick in the seeds the Who canceled their show tonight in my town (Stl) so I am missing that as well.
  • Options
    N_Jay_H said:

N_Jay_H said:

There will be.

Where do you live? In case a great pair are sold in only 2's I was thinking we could split. I'm in Orland Park.
    I'm in Madison, Wisconsin. About an hour and forty five minutes away. Let me know if you see anything!
  • Options
    N_Jay_H said:

N_Jay_H said:

There will be.

I'm giddy. Why wouldn't I be excited about potentially getting great seats at a great price?
    For sure, but evoking my name is like a slap in the face. We tend not to do that around here. Do you think I have no reason to be upset by this?
  • Options

N_Jay_H said:

N_Jay_H said:

There will be.

For sure, but evoking my name is like a slap in the face. We tend not to do that around here. Do you think I have no reason to be upset by this?
    At least you have a ticket, right? No reason to be upset. I'm still playing my chances. Enjoy the show.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    If I would have known I could probably get a $100 seat for much closer than 4 rows from the top like I snagged, I maybe would have waited lol! But really can hardly complain, I'm excited to be in the venue. A week from tonight, we will be rocking out with Ed and Pete!!!! So pumped!! I hope this week flies by!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam said:

If I would have known I could probably get a $100 seat for much closer than 4 rows from the top like I snagged, I maybe would have waited lol! But really can hardly complain, I'm excited to be in the venue. A week from tonight, we will be rocking out with Ed and Pete!!!! So pumped!! I hope this week flies by!

Exactly. I tried for tickets from day 1, with no luck (the $100 tickets), and essentially wrote off the chances of going to this concert.
  • Options
    N_Jay_H said:

samjam said:

Exactly. I tried for tickets from day 1, with no luck (the $100 tickets), and essentially wrote off the chances of going to this concert.
    Same here. Tried and was denied at every sale.