Options

An Evening Celebrating The Who with Pete Townshend, Eddie Vedder Thursday, May 14, 2015

Comments

• Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974

i'm thinking about going to the cubs game

if it's raining i figure i'd save myself the expense - will bleacher seats be available day of?

well first... will they be open? may 11th the bleachers open? is that still true?

Left Field bleachers are supposed to be open on May 11th but it looks to be not even close to ready.
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Okay I have for sale 1 pair of $100 seats. I can transfer them through TM so they are officially yours.

Pm me if interested.
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    Pm sent
  • Options
    korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 929
    2 weeks!
    Pmd lukin
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    Mr. FixerMr. Fixer Posts: 586
    edited May 2015
    I have ONE ticket in Section 201, Row B available for this show. The Ticket is a Regular Hard Copy Ticket and is Full Unobstructed View. Below Face Value at $145 for the ticket. Paypal only and I will ship it to you via USPS Priority Mail Delivery with Signature Confirmation. Or, if you are downtown, we could meet up and exchange via cash during the week. Please PM me if you are interested. Thanks!
    Post edited by Mr. Fixer on
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    edited April 2015
    Red Lukin said:

Okay I have for sale 1 pair of $100 seats. I can transfer them through TM so they are officially yours.

Pm me if interested.

still available?
    if so I am interested
    thanks!

• Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    Now looking for just one $100.00 ticket. Anyone have an extra they need to get rid of please let me know.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    $250 pairs on tm now
  • Options
    andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,792
    theres a FB raffle going on in one of the groups
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    Less than 2 weeks away! It'll be interesting to see if there are other guests added between now and then. Should be a killer show!
  • Options
    N_Jay_HN_Jay_H Posts: 171
    A lot of tickets still available on TM. Does TM ever drop the prices on remaining tickets closer to the event?
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    N_Jay_H said:

A lot of tickets still available on TM. Does TM ever drop the prices on remaining tickets closer to the event?

I have seen tickets go on Groupon if they weren't selling well. I would love to upgrade my $250 seats if i didn't have to pay $250 more per ticketl
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    JG64307JG64307 Posts: 37
    edited May 2015
    Hi. I have a few pairs of extra seats that I thought I'd try to liquidate here and give you guys a great deal way below face value, if you're interested. PM me if interested. Or you can email me at joshuagold@yahoo.com

Pairs:
    107V ($750+fees seats - yours for $500/ticket)
    108N ($1000+fees seats - yours for $700/ticket)
    111T ($750+fees seats - yours for $500/ticket)

Single:
    104G ($1000+fees seat - yours for $700)

I have the e-tickets on Ticketmaster and can transfer them for paypal payments. I'll pay the PayPal fees.
    Post edited by JG64307 on
  • Options
    Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 794
    Have to cancel my trip for the show and have an extra pair.
    These are great seats for the $500 face. I'll take $800 total for the pair (save 200)

106 row M seats 5 and 6. Not stuck on the far aisle. I haven't seen any seats better than these for the price level.
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 929
    edited May 2015
    Wow, still TM tix left and sooo many people trying to sell extras... really hoping i can make my way closer to some of the seats that are bound to be empty.
    Post edited by korn-1 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    korn-1 said:

Wow, still TM tix left and sooo many people trying to sell extras... really hoping i can make my way closer to some of the seats that are bound to be empty.

Same boat here. I'm not willing to spend the outrageous amounts for a ticket. Just want a $100 ticket. I might just drive to the show and see if anyone is selling their tickets cheap instead of eating it.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    Scored a $500 ticket dead center upper level in the first few rows. So excited. OMG
    Flying in day of the show and out the next morning. Airport & venue very close together which helped the decision to go.
    This show is a dream come true, as an old Who fan(been seeing them since the early 1980's) and the fact that EV is host is a TOTAL win/win
    10days and counting!!!!!!
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    korn-1 said:

"your in my seats"...lol

From what i recall there are ushers everywhere looking at stubs...
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    JG64307 said:

Hi. I have a few pairs of extra seats that I thought I'd try to liquidate here and give you guys a great deal way below face value, if you're interested. PM me if interested. Thanks.

Pairs:
    107V ($750+fees seats - yours for $500/ticket)
    108N ($1000+fees seats - yours for $700/ticket)
    111T ($750+fees seats - yours for $500/ticket)

Single:
    104G ($1000+fees seat - yours for $700)

I have the e-tickets on Ticketmaster and can transfer them for paypal payments. I'll pay the PayPal fees.

wow that's a $1600 loss...any "good" reason why you ended up with so many extras....
  • Options
    N_Jay_H said:

why go TM when the "resellers market" has officially bottomed out. Stubhub can be your best friend at times likes these. To answer your question if TM will have a "fire sale" and lower face value then the answer is almost a 99.9% NO. I have never seen that done ever to any act/show.
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152

N_Jay_H said:

why go TM when the "resellers market" has officially bottomed out. Stubhub can be your best friend at times likes these. To answer your question if TM will have a "fire sale" and lower face value then the answer is almost a 99.9% NO. I have never seen that done ever to any act/show.
    Agreed on Stubhub being a good route, especially closer to the show.
    However, I actually have seen TM offer deals on shows that weren't selling. I remember in 2000, The Who and Jimmy Page/Black Crowes were playing shows at Tinley Park. Apparently, the tickets weren't selling as well as hoped (high prices + shitty venue), so TM started offering lawn seats to both shows for the price of one.
    Another possibility is that the theatre may sell reduced tickets at the box office on the 14th.
    I also remember 10c offering a limited number of very affordable tickets to fanclub members for PJ/Robert Plant at the House of Blues after the original public onsale.
    If you're looking for cheaper seats, don't give up just yet.
  • Options
    3days said:

N_Jay_H said:

If you're looking for cheaper seats, don't give up just yet.
    That's the plan! I'll be standing with a $100.00 sign up five minutes before the show if that's what it takes.
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
    edited May 2015
    2 tickets, Sec 108, Row EE. $500 face.
    $250 a piece, $500 for the pair.
    PayPal, transferred from TM

Pm me or email jdowsianny@gmail.com
    Post edited by jdopj on
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    WeddingParade: No comment. But this offer is legit. I'm legit. At this point, just trying to give people some good deals compared to what's left on TM. I'd rather lose a bit less and have someone here get a good deal. Yes, there's some stuff on TM still, but mine are better/cheaper. This is still a lot of dough, so I'd be happy to do a Skype video call or do 2 PayPal transfers where I send over 1 ticket via TM at a time to build confidence if needed. You can PM me here or email me at joshuagold@yahoo.com if you or someone you know is interested. Thanks.
  • Options
    Let's change the title of this thread to "Scalper bought too many tickets and need to unload".

Seriously who buys tickets to a show and doesn't go unless there's a good reason why like a funeral of a close family member. Coincidence so many people bought tickets they now have to unload?

I know people on this forum have no problem with people selling merch and posters for a profit but I bet that same people who bought "too many tickets by accident" are the same ones who have profited from the band.
  • Options
    N_Jay_HN_Jay_H Posts: 171

N_Jay_H said:

I've been checking Stubhub on a daily basis. With the amount of tickets on Stubhub and Tickemaster, I imagine good deals will be available the day of. I'm in Orland Park, so it's not a far drive at all.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    Red Lukin said:

Let's change the title of this thread to "Scalper bought too many tickets and need to unload".

Seriously who buys tickets to a show and doesn't go unless there's a good reason why like a funeral of a close family member. Coincidence so many people bought tickets they now have to unload?

I know people on this forum have no problem with people selling merch and posters for a profit but I bet that same people who bought "too many tickets by accident" are the same ones who have profited from the band.

Yeah, some folks probably thought it would sell out really quickly but overestimated the draw of Eddie without Pearl Jam at the price point of the tickets.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Red Lukin: I *am* going to the show. And the person that buys that single in 104G that I'm trying to unload will be sitting next to me. Not sure why you are saying "scalping" since the offers that I (and, as far as I can tell, everyone else in this thread) were all face value or well-below.

As to the specific reason I have those extra sets: I have some wealthy and charitable friends in the Chicago area who like Pearl Jam and The Who. I figured I'd fly into town and see the show with them and have a grand ol' time. They even said that sounded like a good idea. I overestimated their willingness to pay these prices and they don't really care about the charities involved in this show. Since I'm coming to town and will meet-up with them all anyway, I decided that I'd rather unload these on the secondary market than give them away to the friends (who can afford it) for free or next to nothing. Should have put in for the cheaper Balcony tix. My loss is your gain.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    Ok, let's stop this now. I too have been pissed at all the tix for sale, my feeling being that if you held tix in presales, then bought more than you needed, that took tix from those hoping to get them.

Obviously, there may be circumstances where you can no longer go and are looking to sell.

Whatever the reason behind why you have them, I just hope those who really want to be there, get to be there, without anyone profiting from a charity event.
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    you figured they would go, beings they are wealthy and charitable folks. they decided that's too much, and they don't really care about teens with cancer anyway. but, they will take em for free and rock out for the cause... good grief