Options

An Evening Celebrating The Who with Pete Townshend, Eddie Vedder Thursday, May 14, 2015

Comments

• Options
    Stickman12Stickman12 Posts: 504
    Hoping for some more "friends" to join the stage
  • Options
    I have an extra section 108 GG. PM if interested
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    Does The Who do individual concert posters like PJ? Any chance we see one for the Townshend/Vedder show?
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Rossum20 said:

Does The Who do individual concert posters like PJ? Any chance we see one for the Townshend/Vedder show?

I am seriously hoping there is a sweet poster for sale!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,177
    If anybody has any $100 extras please let me know.
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    samjam said:

Rossum20 said:

I am seriously hoping there is a sweet poster for sale!
    I was wondering about any merchandise as well.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,540
    demetrios said:

Eddie Vedder on 97.1FM The Drive WDRV-FM Chicago
    MP3 Download .. http://we.tl/lHBL1Uni9y

Thanks Demetrios.

Appreciate you doing this for those of us who couldn't listen when it was on LIVE.

THANKS AGAIN!!

• Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    Both of The Who's prior charity shows in Chicago with EV or PJ had show specific posters.
    http://www.fivehorizons.com/tour/99/ed_who.shtml
    http://pearljam.com/setlists/0/0/20449/2002-09-23
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    I have 2 sec 203 uppers (100 face) that I'm looking to trade for Chicago dead tix for July 3 or 5.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631
    It will be interesting to see how this show goes.
  • Options
    Would it be possible that Ed tried getting in touch with Jack White and couldn't because he's on his solo acoustic tour right now? I mean, maybe Ed meant that he just couldn't get in touch with him, and that's why Jack isn't on the list. Jack's acoustic tour is only 5 shows and he's done 3 of them already. A month from now, he doesn't have anything going on in regards to touring. I'm holding onto hope (and fanning the flame of the rumor) that Jack may still be a part of this....

"In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,881

It will be interesting to see how this show goes.

Agreed.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

Would it be possible that Ed tried getting in touch with Jack White and couldn't because he's on his solo acoustic tour right now? I mean, maybe Ed meant that he just couldn't get in touch with him, and that's why Jack isn't on the list. Jack's acoustic tour is only 5 shows and he's done 3 of them already. A month from now, he doesn't have anything going on in regards to touring. I'm holding onto hope (and fanning the flame of the rumor) that Jack may still be a part of this....

I feel like he will be there. i don't see the purpose of dropping his name if he knows he isnt going to show... whites shows are supposed to be a mystery after all, right?
  • Options
    Personally I don't care to see any of these guests..I think it will water down the show a la pj20
  • Options
    BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    Can't stop thinking about this show. Gonna be so great. Imagine about 10 Ed songs, one each from guests, and then collaborations with Roger and group.

Anyone saying Daltrey or 2 other guests is gonna water down is a jealous fool.

This isn't a PJ show. It's about Pete, Roger and The Who. Anything more than 5 songs from Ed -- which almost has to happen -- is historic in a single Ed/Who show.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,781

Can't stop thinking about this show. Gonna be so great. Imagine about 10 Ed songs, one each from guests, and then collaborations with Roger and group.

This isn't a PJ show. It's about Pete, Roger and The Who. Anything more than 5 songs from Ed -- which almost has to happen -- is historic in a single Ed/Who show.

I'm hoping to hear a lot of Pete singing, even solo Pete stuff. It is after all being billed as a celebration of Pete Townshend and The Who. I find it hard to believe it would be just Ed singing Who songs in lieu of Roger.

Doesn't matter, been a Pete/Who fan forEVER. Can't wait.
  • Options

Haha jealous fool?? I'm going to the show..
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Gonna be a great show regardless of WHOever is there or not! We know we've got Pete and Eddie with to p billing, so you really can't lose.
    Post edited by 3days on
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    Wma31394 said:

I have 2 sec 203 uppers (100 face) that I'm looking to trade for Chicago dead tix for July 3 or 5.

good luck with that! the pete/vedder show is not even close to being sold out. there's more tickets today on ticketmaster than there was yesterday. prices will drop and you should sell me your pair.lol. i'm going to july 4th as well :)

• Options

Wma31394 said:

good luck with that! the pete/vedder show is not even close to being sold out. there's more tickets today on ticketmaster than there was yesterday. prices will drop and you should sell me your pair.lol. i'm going to july 4th as well :)

Yea but 99% of the peeps here and elsewhere won't pay the prices for the tix still available..I have offers for $200 each for uppers..sell me your dead tix!!
  • Options
    wnh1977wnh1977 Iowa Posts: 596
    Looking to sell two tickets for face vaule... $500 section. Section 208, Row A, seats 5 & 6 (First row of balcony). Grand total was $1,038.50.
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006: 5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
    2024: 5/18
  • Options

Wma31394 said:

There are actually less tickets available today than there were yesterday. The ff presale tickets were finally made available to the public, and several of the expensive ones sold.
  • Options
    MB41770MB41770 Posts: 18
    I have 2 tix for the show and unfortunately can't make it (grrr!!!!) because of my work schedule.
    I am selling them at face value. I splurged and got some of the better seats.
    They are in section 107 row R. The total I paid ticketmaster was $1,554.70
    If anyone is interested let me know.
    Matt Brotzge
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    Still looks like lots of $500 tickets available. If they don't sell them I wonder if they will allow for "upgrade options" the day of the show so they can make $ (upgrade from $250 to back of $500 but for less than the $250 difference). Might as well get some $ if the ticket would go unsold otherwise
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    3days said:

Wma31394 said:

There are actually less tickets available today than there were yesterday. The ff presale tickets were finally made available to the public, and several of the expensive ones sold.
    almost 4 whole rows in 209 open today. that was new to me. and i've been looking daily as i am still deciding what my best route is for a single ticket(airline booked). there's 459 tickets on stub hub that will mostly all sell for face or less. there's 200 tickets left on ticketmaster.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

3days said:

Wma31394 said:

almost 4 whole rows in 209 open today. that was new to me. and i've been looking daily as i am still deciding what my best route is for a single ticket(airline booked). there's 459 tickets on stub hub that will mostly all sell for face or less. there's 200 tickets left on ticketmaster.
    Those rows were locked as part of the friends and family presale. The 4 rows in 209 have been available for over a week, you just had to have the code. The friends and family presale was supposed to be over the night before the public sale, but the seats remained locked unless you had the f&f presale code. It looks like they finally unlocked those seats.
    Several of the closer seats sold after the presale seats were made public.
    Post edited by 3days on
  • Options
    JG64307JG64307 Posts: 37
    There are $1000 seats going for $800ish on Stubhub and $750 seats going for $480ish. Bargains to be had! Go get them!
  • Options
    3days said:

Those rows were locked as part of the friends and family presale. The 4 rows in 209 have been available for over a week, you just had to have the code. The friends and family presale was supposed to be over the night before the public sale, but the seats remained locked unless you had the f&f presale code. It looks like they finally unlocked those seats.
    Several of the closer seats sold after the presale seats were made public.

thanks for clearing that up. i thought they had unblocked all of the seats at the same time
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,800
    edited May 2015
    Jack White's last acoustic show was announced this morning, so he'll be up to no good for a while. Still not sure if Eddie's messing with our heads or not.

(edit: extra ticket sold)
    Post edited by tschav on
  • Options
    Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    I was just looking at my stats on PJ Stat Tracker (best app ever!). The first song I ever saw at a concert was Blue Red and Grey. The last song I saw was Baba O'Riley. Now I feel like it was destiny for me to get tickets to this concert!!!
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.