Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    goldrush said:

Once again, thanks a fucking bunch 10C! What a complete shitshow that was.

Like a ton of others, I finally got through to shipping/cc details/confirmation... "SORRY THIS ITEM IS NOT IN STOCK IN YOUR REQUESTED QUANTITY" If people can get it in their cart they should be allowed to complete the purchase. Otherwise it's like going into a record store, picking up an album, getting to the counter only to be told "SORRY THIS ITEM IS NOT IN STOCK IN YOUR REQUESTED QUANTITY"

It seems more like having someone else steal it from you while you're in line and jump to the front. That would NEVER stand in a real store. There'd be a riot.

...Oh, wait. This thread is the riot.
    11/24/13 - LA, Night 2
    11/23/13 - LA, Night 1
    11/21/13 - San Diego
    10/30/00 - Sacramento
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    It keeps telling me I have something in my cart...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

ME"Sorry girl,couldnt score..i tried for u
    she:thanks....oh wait..someone said are back in stock..
    me.let me check..

1 min after..

me.congrats..i got u one!!!happy birthday!!!hahaha..

what a day!!

If anybody here deserves good fortune, it's you. Congrats!
    my friend will be very happy!!....i wish was easy and all score what they want!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,443

Just checked my credit card and it was charged. Email and charged, but nothing in order history. I'm hoping a miracle just happened.

Just called my CC and it says it is STILL pending , so i'm not liking that. I may be SOL
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

It keeps telling me I have something in my cart...

dont quit then
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    We pay $40 a year to get pissed off a few times a year by Ten Club sales apparently. Glad I'm paying for the privilege of getting screwed over on limited vinyl a few times a year.
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options

RKCNDY said:

I thought Vanilla forums was supposed to be able to handle all the traffic

HAHAHAHAHH..BEST POST AT 2015!!!! :)
    Hey it's true, the forum itself was fine through all of it. :)
    yep..its two seperate thing ,forum and the rest of the site
  • Options
    jweyersjweyers Lincoln,NE Posts: 364
    I got the confirmation screen, but it's not in my order history? And the confirmation screen did not have order number assigned?? What???
  • Options

my cc has a pending charger for 1 hour now and no email confirmation and it wont let me purchase!!??? what the heck

Same here.

• Options
    Hub. said:

morello said:

RKCNDY said:

i eneterd my CC info, then got a white screen...nothing in order history...no confirmation email...yet...*pleaseshowuppleaseshowuppleaseshowuppleaseshowup*

+1 x1000!!!!
    Same here too!!! :cry:
    Still no email...well, off to the glass beach for me, maybe I'll have better luck there.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,989
    Act
    RKCNDY said:

Hub. said:

morello said:

RKCNDY said:

i eneterd my CC info, then got a white screen...nothing in order history...no confirmation email...yet...*pleaseshowuppleaseshowuppleaseshowuppleaseshowup*

+1 x1000!!!!
    Still no email...well, off to the glass beach for me, maybe I'll have better luck there.
    I actually managed to get one when it came back.
  • Options
    SD186683SD186683 Posts: 6
    cutz said:

my cc has a pending charger for 1 hour now and no email confirmation and it wont let me purchase!!??? what the heck

Same here.

Same deal here in Australia, very disappointing......
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,209
    I win some and lose some with the 10c. When you think about it the exact same number of fans end up with the mystery vinyl. The amount of copies don't change. It's simply that the website makes it an aggrivating experience. They announced it two weeks in advance so everyone knew about it which crashed the website. I suppose randomly putting it on sale or doing a lottery would remove the agitation of the website crashing. If you randomly put it on sale, then the random members online at that time get a copy. If you do it via lottery then people randomly win.

Announcing that your having a sale of your most coveted vinyl two weeks in advance is asking to bring down the website :) It's like having a pop up shop in seattle right after a Seattle Pearl Jam concert... the lineups going to be huge.
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Well I´m searching for Icecreme now... lol
  • Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 773
    Damn, now I'm even more frustrated, finding out that there was a second round that I missed. Seriously, a lottery is just WAY MORE KIND. This was mean.
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)
  • Options
    Hub. said:

Act

RKCNDY said:

Hub. said:

morello said:

RKCNDY said:

+1 x1000!!!!
    Congrats!

Good to see you back too! :)

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    SD186683 said:

cutz said:

Same here.

It's still in my order history though, but it also has that (pending). Does that have (pending for those who received a confirmation e-mail?

• Options
    BR2428BR2428 Posts: 120

Experienced all of the issues everyone else did - logout loop, white screen after selecting shipping address and then when I finally got to the screen where i can enter my billing information and complete the order I got a white screen with no confirmation. Refreshed the screen and then I got the message that it was sold out.

However, I checked my inbox just now and I did receive a confirmation email with an order number! But the order doesn't show in my order history.

Don't really know what to think and not completely sure where I stand.

Turns out, this was my exact experience.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    cutz said:

SD186683 said:

cutz said:

Same here.

It's still in my order history though, but it also has that (pending). Does that have (pending for those who received a confirmation e-mail?

Yes I got confirmation email immediately and it still says pending in my order history.
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,989
    RKCNDY said:

Hub. said:

Act

RKCNDY said:

Hub. said:

morello said:

RKCNDY said:

+1 x1000!!!!
    Congrats!

Good to see you back too! :)
    Thanks a lot, RKCNDY :wink:

I had two really busy years. I came here quite regularly but didn't really have time to post.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,238
    aurynsdad said:

Damn, now I'm even more frustrated, finding out that there was a second round that I missed. Seriously, a lottery is just WAY MORE KIND. This was mean.

Same.
    Ran out to get some food, and missed when they went back up.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    jnikojniko Posts: 292
    I got one though my cell phone while at a record store getting the vinyl I wanted. Some get lucky. Thanks 10 club. Now I have to wait to see what my money bought. C'mon Benny!!!
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    I didn't get though for an order, but my girlfriend did. Which in essence is the same as me since we live together and share everything. Yay! I still wish they would consider a lottery system for future rushes like this. That's just frustrating for everyone involved. Their system can't handle the load.

Now...I need a nap. I think I'll dream of a Benny coming to our doorstep in the next week or two! :)
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,209
    cutz said:

SD186683 said:

cutz said:

Same here.

I think it's ok. Due to glitches my order went in twice. Both were in order history and I ever got a confirmation email. I did get an email when they cancelled the duplicate order. The first order is still in there ok. I imagine the cancelling of the duplicate orders is where the 2nd round came from.
  • Options
    LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 141

cutz said:

SD186683 said:

cutz said:

Same here.

Yes I got confirmation email immediately and it still says pending in my order history.
    Same here, cards been charged too. First hurdle cleared. Now to avoid the side project lp's... Except mad season of course.
  • Options
    BMF2004BMF2004 Posts: 129
    Ordered one at 10:35 eastern time. It is in my order history but never received a confirmation email. When I tried again when they came back up it said that I had already ordered a similar item. What are the chances the order went through? :(
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,015
    I'm guessing they just threw in more RNDM and Tres Mtns for the second round and figured it was a good way to sell those for $50.
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,554
    Got through 32 minutes in. No confirmation email and not in order history, credit card is charged. Could be anyone's guess at this point.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905
    My order just changed from pending to released to warehouse!
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    is there any word from santos in any of these threads?
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.