Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited April 2015
    PP193448 said:

Yeah. Boo hoo. How dare they charge $50 for chance to get some rare vinyl, some of which has market value of $750-1200. I cannot believe it!!

I know, right? AND they don't have Live on Two Legs listed! What kind of a Mickey Mouse operation is this? Pffffffft!
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,385

Too much thinking. Too much!!

I know right? I'm like ..

Though I am hoping the Canadian dollar closes @ .99 cents to the USA dollar by this Friday. Wishful thinking right? lol Would take some kind of miracle to make that happen.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

Yep. I'm not hoping for a certain record. I'm just hoping I get to buy one. I would like to see the odds of that. 200,000 members vying for 1000 things. hmmm isnt that like something like I have a .5% chance of actually buying it.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420

not another "this is not the pearl jam of old" comment. ugh.

• Options
    Coadster1Coadster1 Posts: 14
    Hoping for Yield LP and Sevens Box Set 7"! But I'll be happy with anything, I actually don't have anything listed, well, besides Vs. Reissue LP :blush:
    Dallas, TX - 11/15/13
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,041
    KP198228 said:

Wow, this is exciting! Sorry but I have some strong feeling on this that I would like to express. First off, this is a really cool idea and the best thing about RSD IMO. Now having said that $50.. plus shipping is a bit of a rip off. period. $35/$40 makes more sense to me. As a fan this is not the pearl jam of old. What happen to the band that tried to lower ticket prices for their fans? It just smacks of being taken advantage of to me. I can't help but say it feels like they (PJ and their people) have become what they use to fight against and that is disappointing. At the end of the day we are talking about $70 plus dollars for an LP and single!!! and that's on the cheap end. I also believe that not much care will be put into the selection. I think most of us will get 2 of what we'd rather not have, and that is disappointing. But... the concept is brilliant, and I love to gamble a bit, so the anticipation (just like with gambling) will most likely be better than the outcome...which is why you get this rant from me, cus it's me having fun. So I'm in (reluctantly) and OK if I lose out. Now, if I was to snatch an LP that I actually wanted.... then it will be a great experience. If I don't get in, or don't get something I love, or learn to love.... then it's the same feeling I get after buying a scratch ticket... in hind sight, hardly worth it. Sorry if I bored you but thanks for listening!

Now.. what is with all the Benaroual talk, why is that the one a lot posters want? Is it the collect- ability or the actual performance that is sought?

Love the "this is what I want" posts... here's mine and maybe we could keep this up.

3 LP's I would love to land... plus 2 honorable mentions:

Lost Dogs
    Avocado "Self Titled"
    Mad Season

Coke Bottle Ten
    Yield

Single's:

Sevens box set
    2003 Annual 7" single
    Mother Love Bone "Hold Your Head Up"

Mad Season River of Deceit
    Merkin Ball

You see the only LP of PJ's I have is Vitalogy and I'm more into what I like rather then what is rare.

Lastly, Thank you to everyone that submitted an odds chart. Those are awesome and really get you thinking.

For a lot of us I think its more trying to get what we don't already have.
    I remember being in Jr. High and asking my mom to write a check so I can buy Vit. or No Code on vinyl through their newsletter, not realizing they would be collectibles one day (and I still play them on vinyl 20 years later more than I play the actual CD by the way. The vinyl sits in my living room and all my CD's are boxed up in the basement. I don't care how rare it is, I'll still spin it). The only vinyl I didn't buy was Binaural because I was a poor college student, and my record player was back home. That was also about the time vinyl made a comeback and I wasn't able to buy it later! Didn't make that mistake again.
    I've only been able to get my hands on a couple limited edition vinyl, so here's a chance at a reasonable price, even though odds are I will end up with something I already have.
  • Options
    ...and it may open the window for fans that get duplicates and others want to trade or buy. At least this is getting these to the open market and not in a warehouse. =)

If you get a rarity, and it is a duplicate of what you have, and can sell it for way more than what you bought it for, are you?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,356
    MedozK said:

Yep. I'm not hoping for a certain record. I'm just hoping I get to buy one. I would like to see the odds of that. 200,000 members vying for 1000 things. hmmm isnt that like something like I have a .5% chance of actually buying it.
    I know the band sometimes randomly puts stuff on sale. I'm wondering how I feel about it not going on sale as soon as the newsletter when out. With everyone getting almost a two weeks heads up it's going to be a shitshow on here at 7am PST.... lol. Website is going to crash, people are going to lose their cart item during the checkout process etc.. Giving two weeks to us ravenous collecting PJ fans is going to be messy :)
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,049
    I think the Riot Act wish list is up to TWO...for all the Benny fanatics I hope to get Riot Act over Benny. Yes, I know I can buy 5 copies of Riot Act with 1 Benny...or that Riot Act will probably be reissued by the year 2019. But it's the least I can do for not contributing to the reissue Benny thread. I love you Riot Act.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I Love Riot Act too. But I have it already :) If I get one, would you trade it for a Benny with me?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,385
    Zod said:

MedozK said:

I know the band sometimes randomly puts stuff on sale. I'm wondering how I feel about it not going on sale as soon as the newsletter when out. With everyone getting almost a two weeks heads up it's going to be a shitshow on here at 7am PST.... lol. Website is going to crash, people are going to lose their cart item during the checkout process etc.. Giving two weeks to us ravenous collecting PJ fans is going to be messy :)
    Wanna know what would be sweet? That if this Saturday's 10club Mystery Vinyl jam turned into a lottery. That's right. A lottery. A time window of 10am - 10:30am EST all who enter will be put into a lottery. Give 10club some time to pick the winners. Say around 5pm EST ? we will know who scored & who didn't. Make it even an hour or 2 window.

It would be great because there will be many folks attending RSD at their local record stores next Saturday morning. To try @ 10am EST on our smart phones when the majority of record stores will be opening that time on the East Coast & Central USA, it makes things a little tough to take part in.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    I'm hoping for a Benny and a sevens. Not a big deal. I'm going to lose it if I don't get them both.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options

on2legs said:

Anyone not going to try for this?

me

So I see I'm not the only one! LOL.

"A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,950

on2legs said:

Anyone not going to try for this?

me

So I see I'm not the only one! LOL.

I am hot and cold on vinyl. I do like the romanticism of it (pouring a whiskey, sitiing back and listening while looking at the giant artwork), but practically, its too expensive for me, and with two small kids i dont have a bunch of uninterrupted vinyl time anyway. And im not a "vinyl sound" person. It just doesnt matter to me that much. I used to be happy with lowquality digital versions of their b sides before lost dogs came out, so what do i care about the supposed warm sound of a $400 record? Lol

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    As much as I love vinyl, I've reached a point in my life where I am really trying to cut back on stuff. I guess this will give more people an opportunity on Saturday!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,222
    So which is the more sought after vinyl,Benny or Lost Dogs? And how significant does the value go down depending on played or never played?
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,993
    joseph33 said:

So which is the more sought after vinyl,Benny or Lost Dogs? And how significant does the value go down depending on played or never played?

I would say Benny.

• Options
    I got a LD, so Benny for me. LD is a wonderful album, I would be all after it if we didn't have it yet...
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,748
    im gonna say it again, im super happy this is being run and think its gonna be excellent fun.

the price is fine, the information provided in advance is top notch, and the scheduled time for all to take part with a week advance notice.

That's pretty solid all around really

I see a gripe posted above based on how they assume in advance the ten club will process the order, that is a new low right? griping about their own perceived notions?

anyway, bring on Saturday, my only hope is that I can score, then it'll be the waiting game.
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,993
    i just hope my order doesnt get stopped at custums and i get a PJ LP lol , only got LB Black so anything is good
  • Options
    jaykay20jaykay20 Mannheim, Germany Posts: 379
    edited April 2015
    I thought they said 10 AM PDT, but it is 10 AM EDT at saturday. Just to tell you, if I'm not the only one who had a wrong assumption.
  • Options
    jaykay20 said:

I thought they said 10 AM PDT, but it is 10 AM EDT at saturday. Just to tell you, if I'm not the only one who had a wrong assumption.

You are correct. I'm kind of hoping that 90% of this board has missed that detail. "It sold out in seconds. I was on right at 10. Geez, man!"
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

jaykay20 said:

You are correct. I'm kind of hoping that 90% of this board has missed that detail. "It sold out in seconds. I was on right at 10. Geez, man!"
    lol
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,879
    Not that anyone here gives a rats ass about my opinion...
    Im going to give it to you anyway..Haha

I think this is a great idea.
    I wont purchase this, but like the mystery boxes last year, it will be fun to follow along and see what everybody got.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    So EDT it is? Eastern Time? My time?
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

Yes DET is Eastern time. So when your clock says 10am it's time. Now to just figure out which section they'll put it in lol...
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,356

EDT is probably Eastern Daylight (Savings) Time and EST is Eastern Standard Time.... were on summer time now so it's technically EDT.

Sucks for us out west. 7am is when I would normally be in the RSD lineup.
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,944
    I'm hoping to buy one of the packages Saturday, and I'd be ecstatic if I got Merkinball. I only have the last two albums and the reissues, so I can't tell what my chances of getting something new are, but I bet I'd still be happy.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

Yes DET is Eastern time. So when your clock says 10am it's time. Now to just figure out which section they'll put it in lol...
    gotta be featured items
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Agreed on the props to 10c. They've given us all the info we need. It'll be a cluster that's for sure
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.