Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    spawn492spawn492 Posts: 12
    Anyone purchase the Mystery box? I couldn't find it in the store/ site anywhere. Did i overlook it?
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,861
    spawn492 said:

Anyone purchase the Mystery box? I couldn't find it in the store/ site anywhere. Did i overlook it?

On sale 4/18

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    spawn492spawn492 Posts: 12
    Hah! Thanks!!!!!
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,327
    It'll be midnight in Australia and I'll be on holiday so my chances are pretty slim but I'll still try to have a crack at this.

Whenever the "I received ___ in my mystery box" thread is started it'd be awesome to see Leezestarr and MFC2006 tell us that they found Bennys on their doorsteps! :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

spawn492 said:

On sale 4/18

And they will be gone like Keyser Soze, so you better be F5ing early.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,389
    goldrush said:

It'll be midnight in Australia and I'll be on holiday so my chances are pretty slim but I'll still try to have a crack at this.

Whenever the "I received ___ in my mystery box" thread is started it'd be awesome to see Leezestarr and MFC2006 tell us that they found Bennys on their doorsteps! :)

Thanks! It's a long shot, but fingers crossed!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    JexJex Posts: 283

Has anyone done the math and add them all up to see how many will be available?

847-1065 will be made.
    "Mine is mine and yours won't take its place.."
    1.Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 / 2.Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 / 3.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 07-19-2013 / 4.iWireless Center Moline, IL 10-17-2014 / 5.Bradley Center Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 / 6.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-20-2016 / 7.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-22-2016 / 8.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-18-2018 / 9.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,327
    mfc2006 said:

goldrush said:

Yep it's a long shot... but at least it's a shot!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited April 2015
    Why only 5 of the Vs. reissue? why even include it if there are only 5? Is it the boxset? are they autographed?

hmmmm
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,179
    Jex said:

847-1065 will be made.
    So $42,350 - $53,250 for a mystery vinyl sale.

• Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 953
    demetrios said:

Jex said:

847-1065 will be made.
    So $42,350 - $53,250 for a mystery vinyl sale.

Wow, that's not bad for a Saturday afternoons work
  • Options
    according to my quick off the top of my head math there is an approximately 50% chance of getting one of the rarer or out of print 12"

approximately 500 rare 12"
    approximately 500 non-rare 12"

then factor in the 7"

I just hope they don't use the low end projections for rare stuff and the high end projections for the other stuff... that would be dirty pool

The best part is I wouldn't mind getting the Tres Mts, RNDM, or Brad LP because I don't own them so my odds of getting something I will spin and enjoy is very high
  • Options
    RASTA MOUSERASTA MOUSE Posts: 278
    Mega
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,708
    Shipping will begin on or around January 2016.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    goldrush said:

mfc2006 said:

goldrush said:

Yep it's a long shot... but at least it's a shot!
    Yes, and you are too awesome :smiley: We can do it! Something awesome will show up, and there is a slight chance that it might be a Benny. This is more of a chance than I ever had at getting one, so I'm keeping my fingers, toes and the kitty's paws crossed.

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,259

Lol,
    Yea and for Canadians $50 for the vinyl and $75 for shipping
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,179
    Horse2345 said:

Lol,
    For one 7" single & one 12" album, it's Standard International Shipping is $20.99. So $70.99 US = $89.23 CDN. D'oh! :(
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    Horse2345 said:

Lol,
    Really? Then I don't want to know this rates for shipping to Netherlands. Could better buy Yield then....
  • Options
    love this idea but it kinda defeats the RSD purpose, this 10am sale on RSD will keep many people from visiting their local record shops (east coast) my shop opens at 11 and I would have to be inline by 10ish. I'm torn. Wish they did this before or after RSD.
    primitiveshirts.com
  • Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730
    pdalowsky said:

Whatever happens - this is awesome and I think everyone needs to enter this expecting any combinations ... Much less Chance to be disappointed

Treat it as a little fun, I can't wait to try and snag one and wait for the mail to arrive

thank you
    it's $50 lottery ticket and everyone wins. unbelievable amount of concern over a RSD gimmick which happens to be pretty cool. the i didn't get one thread will be priceless! good luck
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683

Here's an idea... instead of buying more stuff, how about donating the $50 to your local animal welfare charity, which they desperately need & then listen to the stuff you already have

terrible idea
    :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

love this idea but it kinda defeats the RSD purpose, this 10am sale on RSD will keep many people from visiting their local record shops (east coast) my shop opens at 11 and I would have to be inline by 10ish. I'm torn. Wish they did this before or after RSD.

Smartphones are an amazing invention. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    100 Pacer said:

Benaroya box set is among the mystery records. Now this forum will explode!

I imagine the sets will be numbered RSD2015 or similar. I'm sure the purists wouldn't want these sets to count lol.
    Who cares......I just want to spin the vinyl of one of my favorite recordings ever! :)
    I'll take the odds.
    Thanks Santos!

• Options
    I think this is an awesome idea and I am super pumped!

However it's a bit of a drag to read all the negative comments about it. If you feel that sour about your chances or the 10C for doing this; do us a favor and don't enter for a chance to get one. That way there will be more opportunist for those who dig the idea.

Here is my promise: I will try to get a Mystery Box next Saturday. If I get one great...I will anxiously await it's arrival. If I don't; I will crack a beer (or pour a bloody buddy since it will be in the am) and go about my day. Probably jump on the forum to congratulate those who did. Life for me will go on and I won't let RSD sale ruin my afternoon...I'll let my wife and kids do that.
  • Options

I won't let RSD sale ruin my afternoon...I'll let my wife and kids do that.

:sunglasses:
    priceless!
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    Have any Mirrorball's collecting dust to throw in for the 20th anniversary?
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,708
    edited April 2015
    Good luck everyone
    Post edited by THEBIBLEISTEN on
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Not sure if this was already mentioned, but just wondering if they plan on stopping orders as soon as the requisite number of pairs are bought up, or if they plan on letting us all complete the orders and then just cancel most of them randomly (which would amount to a lottery). I am wondering about the second option just because of the statement about having the right to cancel orders for any reason. I would personally prefer option number two. I like lotteries, and not a huge fan of being an F5 victim. But it looks like the assumption is that we'll just see "sold out" at about 10:03am.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,352
    Anyone else notice the 1999 and 2000 holiday singles are listed twice? Both listed with different quantity amounts??
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,049
    Did anyone else stop reading the newsletter after Mystery Vinyl news?! I just went back to it and their is a chance to win Benny vinyl...if interested.