Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    btw what's the orange Fixer actually worth? I'm not gonna sell it but would trade for similar value.
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 951
    Page 100!! Woo, we made it guys :smiley:
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,318
    edited May 2015

Seriously, where are you going to get an orange Fixer for $90?

That's not really what I meant. When we started to get posts (both online and facebook) from the US members (who got their packages first). The majority of them seemed to get something rare. PJ20's, coloured fixers etc.... It seems like 80% (maybe higher) of the US packages got something rare.

Most of the posts with the Canadian packages were showing side project/lb vinyl's with christmas singles/love boat captain. It seemed like an inverse where most Canadian's were getting common vinyl and the odd person got something rare. Thus the odds of getting something good seemed way higher for US members than Canadian ones.

That's all I was trying to say. I guess I didn't quite get there.
  • Options
    AMENt_TO_THATAMENt_TO_THAT Norwegia Posts: 394
    Red Lukin said:

btw what's the orange Fixer actually worth? I'm not gonna sell it but would trade for similar value.

Riot Act price'ish.... I've got one of them.. If you're interested..

Stian
  • Options
    I'd love Riot Act on vinyl. Sealed? Where do you live? Toronto here.
  • Options
    AMENt_TO_THATAMENt_TO_THAT Norwegia Posts: 394
    Red Lukin said:

I'd love Riot Act on vinyl. Sealed? Where do you live? Toronto here.

Sorry, it's not sealed, but it's damn near mint. I can send you as many pix as you'd like. I live in Norway though, so shipping might be an issue.... I have done two trades recently, shipping vinyl to the US with tracking. Those were lARge packages and that cost me a pretty penny. That 7" fixer shouldn't be too bad. You just let me know. I've been looking for an Orange Fixer for some time now. Check out my thread in Lost Dogs:

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/244047/wanna-trade-your-pj-mystery-vinyl#latest

Stian
  • Options
    keithlaw1974keithlaw1974 Blacko, UK Posts: 137
    I had a courier note waiting for me when I got home from work today - immediately I was very excited!!
    'Could it be a Benny, PJ20 Coloured, Avocado?'.........Got the package from a neighbour across the road....and........it was my girlfriends fucking business cards, bollocks! and the wait goes on..........
    London, England 06-25-2010, Belfast, Northern Ireland 06-23-2010, Berlin, Germany 07-04-2012, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012, Seattle, WA 12-06-2013, Amsterdam, Holland 06-16-2014, Berlin, Germany 06-26-2014, Leeds, UK 07-08-2014, Milton Keynes, UK 07-11-2014, New York MSG 1 & 2
    Eddie Vedder Solo - London, England 07-30-1012
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420

Red Lukin said:

I hate to complain, but again I'm disappointed by this band. I used to love everything the band did but now it's either just bad luck or they're taking advantage of us loyal fans.

In 2013 I line up in the cold for the Seattle pop up shop for 4 hours only get have the option to buy left over merch. Waste of time.

Now my wife and I each sign up for the mystery vinyl. Hers gets cancelled and I get Moonlander. It's not even PJ. And The Fixer 7", which is possibly the worst PJ song every made.

Looks like Canada got all the crap.

I also don't want to complain but I am also very disappointed in this band.

I woke up this morning to find that Mike hadn't walked and fed my dog. Stone hadn't made me breakfast. Jeff hadn't done my laundry. Matt hadn't washed and detailed my car. Boom didn't mow my lawn. And Eddie hadn't done my grocery shopping.

Damn them :anguished:
    I had boom trim my pubes the other day though. I was all like "grooooooooooooom" while he was doing it.
    Internet = won :rofl:
  • Options
    northern spiritnorthern spirit I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream Posts: 188
    tres. mts. and 1996 7" w/ smile. 2 lbs. 4 oz. niagara falls Canada.
    1993 08-18 Toronto ON CNE w/ Neil Young, Soundgarden
    1998 08-22 Barrie ON Molson Park
    2003 05-02 Buffalo NY HSBC, 06-28 Toronto ON Molson Amp.
    2004 10-02 Toledo OH Vote For Change w/ Neil Young
    2005 09-19 Toronto ON ACC, 09-13 Hamilton ON Copps, 09-11 Kitchener ON Memorial Gardens
    2006 05-10 Toronto ON ACC, 05-09 Toronto ON ACC
    2007 EV 09-11 Toronto ON Body of War TIFF Screening Isabel Bader Theatre - Grateful to have met Ed!!
    2008 EV 08-12 Toronto ON Massey Hall
    2009 08-21 Toronto ON Molson Amp.
    2010 05-10 Buffalo NY HSBC
    2011 09-15 Hamilton ON Copps, 09-11 Toronto ON ACC, 09-12 Toronto ON ACC,
    2011 EV 06-26 Detroit MI Fox Theatre
    2013 10-12 Buffalo NY First Niagara, 07-16 London ON Bud Gardens
    2016 05-10, 05-12 Toronto ON ACC
    2022 09-06 Hamilton ON First Ontario Centre
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    edited May 2015
    My MIA package finally showed up on Saturday, I think, could have been Friday.
    Anyway I got Backspacer and Devil Doll.
    Was hoping for Avocado, Riot Act, LD or RVM. sigh.
    My Backspacer is white, but really in the end, it's still Backspacer no matter what color it is, LOL! It's going to play the same as my black one.
    I'm still happy I received something I didn't already have, was afraid I would end up with a red or black LB and I already have those.
    I sound so whiny! Really I'm happy with what I got, wasn't on my list of stuff I was hoping to get, but like I said I'm glad I got something I didn't already have.
    Hope they do this again in the future! I've never gotten to get in on any of the mystery sales before and this was fun!
    Post edited by mindi on
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Red Lukin said:

there has been an orange fixer on ebay for $199 BIN, and it hasn't sold, lots of watchers...so maybe that helps you.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Zod said:

That's not really what I meant. When we started to get posts (both online and facebook) from the US members (who got their packages first). The majority of them seemed to get something rare. PJ20's, coloured fixers etc.... It seems like 80% (maybe higher) of the US packages got something rare.

Most of the posts with the Canadian packages were showing side project/lb vinyl's with christmas singles/love boat captain. It seemed like an inverse where most Canadian's were getting common vinyl and the odd person got something rare. Thus the odds of getting something good seemed way higher for US members than Canadian ones.

More specifically - it seemed the further away from Seattle someone lives, the worse their package got. Did anyone in Washington state *not* get a colored PJ20?

I'm sure it's a coincidence and it's easy to figure out how it happens. They make their packaged boxes and they of course will be in clumps of this and that. Then when they put the UPS labels on them - it probably spits them out of the machine by distance/geographical location. They probably could have just as easily gotten Moonlander's as PJ20's in Washington - but they got lucky.
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,963
    MedozK said:

Red Lukin said:

there has been an orange fixer on ebay for $199 BIN, and it hasn't sold, lots of watchers...so maybe that helps you.
    He went from saying it had no value to him to wanting Avocado or Lost Dogs in trade in the space of about 5 minutes. Last I heard he was negotiating a trade for Riot Act, which would be a great deal on his part!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Sarava said:

More specifically - it seemed the further away from Seattle someone lives, the worse their package got. Did anyone in Washington state *not* get a colored PJ20?

yes, my buddy in Washington got a sealed Avocado.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    To be honest I'm a bit bewildered that a lot of the same records have gone to the same locations. Nowhere did it say random I know but it would have been nice for it to have been, how hard would it have been to distribute the packages a bit more evenly. I would be more than happy to settle for a white Backspacer or Orange Fixer, there has been some serious duds posted here recently. Most of the first ones seemed too good so who knows what the UK will get.
  • Options
    Sarava said:

I'm sure it's a coincidence and it's easy to figure out how it happens. They make their packaged boxes and they of course will be in clumps of this and that. Then when they put the UPS labels on them - it probably spits them out of the machine by distance/geographical location. They probably could have just as easily gotten Moonlander's as PJ20's in Washington - but they got lucky.

That completely makes sense, but it's still disappointing. It's a weird way to do it (logical yes, but still weird). I guess you want a randomness to things like a lottery. If people found out that lotteries simply made the first 1000 tickets winners and everyone else losers, the lotteries would fail because no one bought tickets... lol. Randomness gives everyone a fair shot and perputuates the hope (which drives the sales).

It'll be interesting to see what overseas 10c'ers get. I wonder if this will impact international 10c'ers willingness to participate in future mystery sales?
  • Options
    monkeewrenchmonkeewrench Posts: 946
    RKCNDY said:

Sarava said:

yes, my buddy in Washington got a sealed Avocado.
    :smile:
    and another friend here in WA got a BLACK PJ20 with the 2011 fan club 7". I was convinced it was a colored one that was missing the sticker in the upper right-hand corner but nope, it was black.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,779
    Red Lukin said:

I hate to complain, but again I'm disappointed by this band. I used to love everything the band did but now it's either just bad luck or they're taking advantage of us loyal fans.

In 2013 I line up in the cold for the Seattle pop up shop for 4 hours only get have the option to buy left over merch. Waste of time.

Now my wife and I each sign up for the mystery vinyl. Hers gets cancelled and I get Moonlander. It's not even PJ. And The Fixer 7", which is possibly the worst PJ song every made.

What color is your fixer?
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,779
    RobbyD462 said:

Red Lukin said:

What color is your fixer?
    I'll trade you my package for yours
    Black RNDM and EV No More 7" from ITW
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    MedozK said:

Red Lukin said:

Thanks, so sub $200.

Andy, you got it. When I opened it I was like "I hate that song", but then I get 10 pm's asking for a trade. I was like what's up; then realized it actually had value and only about 100 were made. I'd take Riot Act in a heart beat, but the guy is in Norway. I love that album.

Also I didn't realize Lost Dogs and Avocado were worth more. I'd throw in a sealed Coke bottle if that evened it out. I wasn't trying to under cut anyone.
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

Suziemay said:

Red Lukin said:

Hmm I had no clue it was rare. It's not worth much to me since it's not my favorite song, but I do take back what I said. Cool of the TC to give one rare and 1 unrare album. That evens it out. Hopefully it's the same with others.

I'll take that orange Fixer off your hands if you hate the song so much :grin: , I'm quite fond of the song because it's written by Matt, plus it's one of the few songs all the guys are singing at the same time. So what if they are only singing Yea Yea Yea Yea :smile:
    absolutely, I know Su May got locked out of the sale, so it'd be cool to let her take the orange fixer if its not appreciated. That's a really nice item, and for the record, whilst its maybe not their strongest track, its still solid.
    I wish I could help another jammer out and I have in the past, but I basically paid $90 for it with shipping and fx. Plus I don't really have anything too rare that PJ related. Sorry.
  • Options
    Sarava said:

Zod said:

Well, I for one hope that theory is wrong.......living in the UK may mean we really could get the shitty end of the stick......or we may be the ones that get Riot Act etc as none have turned up yet......
    London, England 06-25-2010, Belfast, Northern Ireland 06-23-2010, Berlin, Germany 07-04-2012, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012, Seattle, WA 12-06-2013, Amsterdam, Holland 06-16-2014, Berlin, Germany 06-26-2014, Leeds, UK 07-08-2014, Milton Keynes, UK 07-11-2014, New York MSG 1 & 2
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,963
    Red Lukin said:

MedozK said:

Red Lukin said:

Thanks, so sub $200.

Andy, you got it. When I opened it I was like "I hate that song", but then I get 10 pm's asking for a trade. I was like what's up; then realized it actually had value and only about 100 were made. I'd take Riot Act in a heart beat, but the guy is in Norway. I love that album.

Also I didn't realize Lost Dogs and Avocado were worth more. I'd throw in a sealed Coke bottle if that evened it out. I wasn't trying to under cut anyone.
    No worries at all, I think that you should go for the Riot Act trade to be honest, it sounds like that would be perfect for both of you. The shipping cost might make it more than you want to spend, but the way I see it you would end up spending $90 plus shipping for Riot Act, which you would never be able to beat anywhere else! I wish I had something that you wanted but that is the way of the world - good luck with it whatever you decide to do!
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    We haven't seen many Coke Bottle Tens have we? And there were quite a few on the list! Doesn't seem like many Riot Act LPs have been reported but there wasn't that many in the first place. Not many Benny's but they would be recorded delivery so they would have hit Europe by now. UK get Coke Bottle 10 or side projects I predict.
  • Options
    Andy, as much as I love riot act and would really like that vinyl I never buy or trade for anything but new. Riot act is probably worth more straight up but the fact that it's opened probably makes it more fair. Sure it's a good trade but I liked sealed vinyl.

Just something about opening a fresh piece of vinyl.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,653
    Man, I wish I could afford to buy only sealed vinyl!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    FR181798 said:

We haven't seen many Coke Bottle Tens have we? And there were quite a few on the list! Doesn't seem like many Riot Act LPs have been reported but there wasn't that many in the first place. Not many Benny's but they would be recorded delivery so they would have hit Europe by now. UK get Coke Bottle 10 or side projects I predict.

i scored a Ten Coke Bottle and Devil Doll 7" in Maryland.
    thanks Santos and 10c B)
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• Options
    FR181798 said:

Only 2 Benny's have been reported, one was numbered 5 and the other 18. The remaining x number must be going international then as US and Canada got these 2 quite quick. Mind you I sent a recorded delivery package to San Francisco from UK and that only took 5 days, so where are these other Benny's if they are being sent 'special delivery'?
  • Options

FR181798 said:

Only 2 Benny's have been reported, one was numbered 5 and the other 18. The remaining x number must be going international then as US and Canada got these 2 quite quick. Mind you I sent a recorded delivery package to San Francisco from UK and that only took 5 days, so where are these other Benny's if they are being sent 'special delivery'?
    Maybe it was a fluke it got to Canada so quickly and they weren't shipped via special shipping.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,653
    edited May 2015
    Zod said:

FR181798 said:

Maybe it was a fluke it got to Canada so quickly and they weren't shipped via special shipping.
    Pretty sure it was delivered by UPS directly, so they definitely used a different shipment method for the Benny in Canada. Normally UPS transfers the packages to Canada Post, and that's how everyone else in Canada so far has been getting theirs, besides the Benny guy. So I doubt anyone else in Canada should be expecting or even remotely hoping to get that Benaroya Hall album. :frowning: (although never say never of course. They could have staggered the mailings of the Bennys for all we know)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata