• Options
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Told you.  That fuckhead Trump is responsible for those deaths. 
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?
    I think the poster means, Trump is responsible for the escalation, therefore responsible for collateral damage. 

Regarding this issue, I cannot see the strategic sense in Iran shooting down a plane of its own people.  I also have to believe that if a rocket was launched, our satellites would pick up that activity.  However, if it was shot down by smaller fire, it would not necessarily be detected.  It's also a possibility that someone in the Iranian made a horrible, horrible mistake. 
    This is what I'm thinking without knowing the facts yet. Why wouldn't Iran maybe shoot down a plane over their airspace right after they shot missiles into Iraq? They'd be expecting a possible retaliation for their retaliation. It's a very possible mistake. The whole thing is a big and insane mistake.
    See my comment above as to why it doesn't make sense.
    That's why it would be a mistake, which is why right now, with the info available, it's the the most plausible answer. That could change as more is known.

And that said, it would make Trump somewhat responsible. Do to the escalation, none of this would have happened.
    trump is an asshole for murdering that general. however, it's not his fault the iranian military is (apparently) so fucking inept that they (apparently) shot down a civilian craft because they were nervous about an attack. 

Its easy to argue that without Trump's stupid irresponsible actions, this never would have happened. He isn't far removed from this, he is directly involved.

And if true, I will add this to the list of reasons why he shouldn't be president. This was all easily preventable.
    No, stop blaming Trump for everything, dear lord.

I said this and it completely escaped you but Hugh made mention of it.
    Why it doesn't make sense though is in this day and age all planes and their whereabouts in airspace is documented.

In other words there is radar and flight lines that are travel patterns for commercial planes so this doesn't happen.

Iran is inept if this is true.
    Yeah, mistakes are never made in the fog of war. Is that what you are trying to say?

Like the Malaysia plane that was shot down over Ukraine by the Russians. Guess that never happened either.

Or when the Americans shot down that plane in Iran. That never happened either.

You can give Trump a pass, but I won't. Irresponsible actions will have irresponsible consequences.
    These type of mistakes should NEVER happen.  Wrong people in charge of things.
    Right? I completely agree. Trump should have never been allowed to be a president.
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?
    I think the poster means, Trump is responsible for the escalation, therefore responsible for collateral damage. 

Regarding this issue, I cannot see the strategic sense in Iran shooting down a plane of its own people.  I also have to believe that if a rocket was launched, our satellites would pick up that activity.  However, if it was shot down by smaller fire, it would not necessarily be detected.  It's also a possibility that someone in the Iranian made a horrible, horrible mistake. 
    This is what I'm thinking without knowing the facts yet. Why wouldn't Iran maybe shoot down a plane over their airspace right after they shot missiles into Iraq? They'd be expecting a possible retaliation for their retaliation. It's a very possible mistake. The whole thing is a big and insane mistake.
    That's why it would be a mistake, which is why right now, with the info available, it's the the most plausible answer. That could change as more is known.

And that said, it would make Trump somewhat responsible. Do to the escalation, none of this would have happened.
    trump is an asshole for murdering that general. however, it's not his fault the iranian military is (apparently) so fucking inept that they (apparently) shot down a civilian craft because they were nervous about an attack. 

Its easy to argue that without Trump's stupid irresponsible actions, this never would have happened. He isn't far removed from this, he is directly involved.

And if true, I will add this to the list of reasons why he shouldn't be president. This was all easily preventable.

Why it doesn't make sense though is in this day and age all planes and their whereabouts in airspace is documented.

In other words there is radar and flight lines that are travel patterns for commercial planes so this doesn't happen.

Yeah, mistakes are never made in the fog of war. Is that what you are trying to say?

Like the Malaysia plane that was shot down over Ukraine by the Russians. Guess that never happened either.

You can give Trump a pass, but I won't. Irresponsible actions will have irresponsible consequences.
    I agree, Trump shouldn't be in charge of anything.

2 peas in a pod...

I agree with you but sorry, Trump shouldn't be blamed.

Obama should be blamed then for the Iran nuclear deal because he should have been smart enough with future visions of this happening so shame on him.

See how stupid this all sounds?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,022
    edited January 2020
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

Right? I completely agree. Trump should have never been allowed to be a president.
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

And if true, I will add this to the list of

2 peas in a pod...

Obama should be blamed then for the Iran nuclear deal because he should have been smart enough with future visions of this happening so shame on him.

Trump should definitely not be blamed if the story is true.  Iran is solely responsible.  Just like the shooter is to blam

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

2 peas in a pod...

Use common sense, his actions are way more direct than that. As always, bending over backwards to defend him.

Regardless, our PM sure was hinting in a press conference that he thinks that America shares some blame. Never outright said it. I guess the reporters asking those questions must be stupid too.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,436
    The nuclear deal was working all of this didn’t have to happen! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

2 peas in a pod...

Trump should definitely not be blamed if the story is true.  Iran is solely responsible.  Just like the shooter is to blam

The bartender serving the drinks has been held responsible in court many times. See how this works?

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,318
    edited January 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

2 peas in a pod...

Good thing you removed those analogies. You would have suffered the same fate as I did yesterday with constant criticism. I'd still blame the brewery though ;)
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

2 peas in a pod...

Good thing you removed those analogies. You would have suffered the same fate as I did yesterday with constant criticism ;)
    Haha. I just noticed they were edited.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,066
    of course the plane wouldn't have been shot down had Trump not been the initial aggressor. I think we can all agree on that. However, it seems NO ONE wants to hold the iranian military responsible for pulling the trigger. Which I find quite odd. Is it because everyone is just so interested in blaming trump for everything? there's plenty of blame to go around. it's not all on him. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:

dignin said:

2 peas in a pod...

Use common sense, his actions are way more direct than that. As always, bending over backwards to defend him.

Regardless, our PM sure was hinting in a press conference that he thinks that America shares some blame. Never outright said it. I guess the reporters asking those questions must be stupid too.
    If it was common sense then most people would have it but people blindly blame Trump for literally everything.

I only defend what should be obvious.  You have a whole slew of reporters that can't stand Trump.  You think for a second that if they can make some sort of connection in the slightest to blame him for something they won't?

That's not smart that's brilliantly biased.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,387
    This is a plane that originally departed from the Tehran airport. It's 100% Iran's responsibility. Trump has done plenty wrong, but it's not a zero sum game.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,436
    of course the plane wouldn't have been shot down had Trump not been the initial aggressor. I think we can all agree on that. However, it seems NO ONE wants to hold the iranian military responsible for pulling the trigger. Which I find quite odd. Is it because everyone is just so interested in blaming trump for everything? there's plenty of blame to go around. it's not all on him. 
    You are correct! Point taken ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Go back to my first comment. You will notice that I said he was partly responsible. So don't say NO ONE.

It's obvious Iran shares the blame. That doesn't give the instigator a pass.
  • Options
    Read the thread.

https://twitter.com/sethabramson/status/1215337524064915456?s=12

Thanks Hannity, playing your part.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,153
    dignin said:
    Go back to my first comment. You will notice that I said he was partly responsible. So don't say NO ONE.

Iran "shares" the blame if they shot down a passenger plane that left their airport and was over their country?  I'd say they get 99% at least.

Not to excuse the idiot president that created the tension for the idiot and dangerous stuff he has done.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    dignin said:

oh FFS, fine. ALMOST NO ONE. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:

dignin said:

2 peas in a pod...

If it was common sense then most people would have it but people blindly blame Trump for literally everything.

I only defend what should be obvious.  You have a whole slew of reporters that can't stand Trump.  You think for a second that if they can make some sort of connection in the slightest to blame him for something they won't?

Says the guy that still thinks Trump did nothing wrong withholding aid from Ukraine for political gain. If we want to bring up brilliantly biased.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    Read the thread.

The Iranian govt. watches Fox news and more importantly Sean Hannity for military info?  God help us all...

Hannity is an idiot too.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

2 peas in a pod...

Good thing you removed those analogies. You would have suffered the same fate as I did yesterday with constant criticism. I'd still blame the brewery though ;)
    Yeah I was having a tberg moment lol
    forget the analogies, I m big on putting blame on the person who does the action.  No way trump shares the blame on this one.  

• Options
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

2 peas in a pod...

The bartender serving the drinks has been held responsible in court many times. See how this works?

I edited it. Nothing to see here. ;)
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    This is a plane that originally departed from the Tehran airport. It's 100% Iran's responsibility. Trump has done plenty wrong, but it's not a zero sum game.
    Sure, if you willfully ignore all the events that led up to and surrounded the tragedy. I'm sure historians will look at it that way, why would anyone be interested in context?
  • Options
    dignin said:
    Read the thread.

The Iranian govt. watches Fox news and more importantly Sean Hannity for military info?  God help us all...

Hannity is an idiot too.
    They would be stupid not to, after all he does advise the president and is in constant communication with him. If anyone is in the know.

And I agree, Spaghetti Monster, help us all.

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,153
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    Sure, if you willfully ignore all the events that led up to and surrounded the tragedy. I'm sure historians will look at it that way, why would anyone be interested in context?
    Hahaha this is pretty comical really.  So, now that Iran sent ballistic missiles at americans, if Trump shoots down a plane over one of those bases that is carrying americans, it's Iran's fault?   
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Man beats wife within an inch of her life, leaves the house
    wife is shaken up, unsure what to do. 
    wife hears someone coming up the driveway, she panics, finds gun. it's dark, she assumes it's him
    she comes outside, shoots and fires and kills the person in the driveway. 
    except it wasn't her husband. it was their neighbour. 

who in this situation gets charged with the death of the neighbour, and goes to trial?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,387
    Man, even if two countries are in a full-on hot war and Country A shoots down a civilian airplane, that shit is on Country A
  • Options
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    Hahaha this is pretty comical really.  So, now that Iran sent ballistic missiles at americans, if Trump shoots down a plane over one of those bases that is carrying americans, it's Iran's fault?   
    You respond to a comment about ignoring context with a comment ignoring context. Congratulations on the most useless comment in this thread today, but it's still early, I'm sure you have more.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:

dignin said:

2 peas in a pod...

Says the guy that still thinks Trump did nothing wrong withholding aid from Ukraine for political gain. If we want to bring up brilliantly biased.
    Difference is I see it differently, the Ukraine thing, sorry not sorry.  That's not biased that's me arguing that I don't see it like you do.

I am in the center man, don't get confused over a few things you don't particularly like about where I stand.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Read the thread.

Hannity is an idiot too.
    They would be stupid not to, after all he does advise the president and is in constant communication with him. If anyone is in the know.

The plane left from their own airport and airspace...
  • Options
    why is it if anyone makes a comment that in any way doesn't want to put trump to death, they are automatically biased/supporter/uninformed/etc? 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Read the thread.

Hannity is an idiot too.

The plane left from their own airport and airspace...
    Right, it was heading away from Tehran.  I know you all hate trump but man to somehow pin partial blame on him?  That is crazy. 
  • Options
    why is it if anyone makes a comment that in any way doesn't want to put trump to death, they are automatically biased/supporter/uninformed/etc? 
    Why is it you always use hyperbole?