Options

Iran Deal, the reset.....

Comments

• Options
    dignin said:
    why is it if anyone makes a comment that in any way doesn't want to put trump to death, they are automatically biased/supporter/uninformed/etc? 
    Why is it you always use hyperbole? 
    Great question 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    mrussel1 said:
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/national/politics/2020/1/9/1_4759850.html

Diplomacy is to say “it may have been unintentional” so you can get access to the black box.  Dollars to doughnuts it wasn’t unintentional.  Once again, this doesn’t happen if Trump isn’t a complete meat stick. 
    What's the value or upside of Iran shooting down a plane, with no Americans, in its own airspace, leaving from Tehran?  What does that accomplish?
    it accomplishes zero. it wasn't on purpose. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited January 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/national/politics/2020/1/9/1_4759850.html

Diplomacy is to say “it may have been unintentional” so you can get access to the black box.  Dollars to doughnuts it wasn’t unintentional.  Once again, this doesn’t happen if Trump isn’t a complete meat stick. 
    What's the value or upside of Iran shooting down a plane, with no Americans, in its own airspace, leaving from Tehran?  What does that accomplish?
    The foreigners on the plane. Retaliation. On NATO allies.... is this that hard to fathom? 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    dignin said:
    why is it if anyone makes a comment that in any way doesn't want to put trump to death, they are automatically biased/supporter/uninformed/etc? 
    Why is it you always use hyperbole? 
    Great question 
    people use language, sometimes strong language, to make a point.

clear now?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    edited January 2020
    mrussel1 said:

The foreigners on the plane. Retaliation.... is this the that hard to fathom? 
    I think you are dead wrong. Someone read the radar wrong, got nervous and gave the command to fire an anti-aircraft missile.  

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    iranian #1: hmmm, now what is the plan again for american aggression?

iranian #2: let's murder a bunch of their innocent civilian friends! that'll teach them!

iranian #1: great plan!

if that indeed turns out to be their plan, which I'm certain it won't, it's a pretty fucking stupid one. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    mrussel1 said:

The foreigners on the plane. Retaliation.... is this the that hard to fathom? 
    It's hard to fathom when currently not one nation (maybe Israel?) has stood with us on this issue, and no Americans were on the plane.  And there were Iranians on it.  Why would they shoot at Ukes, Brits, and Canadians in this scenario?  I'm not saying it's impossible, but it also doesn't appear to further their goals.  They have a vested interest in keeping Europe neutral and quiet on the whole conflict.  
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited January 2020
    mrussel1 said:

It's Trumps fault, shut up...
    Actually, it’s uneducated American voters fault. Actually it’s the Americans insane celebrity-fascination is to blame. Actually it’s the Democrats fault for putting Clinton against him. Actually it’s the decline of the American education system fault. Actually it’s the fault of the Republicans for the constant de- regulation which caused the wealth gap which resulted in job less which led to populist sentiment which led to desperate people voting for a maniac.

If one of your loved ones was on that plane you would be singing a different fuckin tune... 
  • Options
    Anyways.... I know where the boys in PJ would stand on this... and they will tell us all during the spring tour.  If you want to say none of this is Trumps fault,  that’s your right. I think you are all just sheep. 

I’m out. 
  • Options
    having loved ones on the plane doesn't change common sense. 

is it possible? of course, anything is. maybe obama fired the missile from his home in kenya. but it's clearly not the answer that makes the most sense. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    how is the alleged stance by our favourite rock band relevant to this? do your formulate all your opinions based on the teachings of The Almighty Vedder?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    how is the alleged stance by our favourite rock band relevant to this? do your formulate all your opinions based on the teachings of The Almighty Vedder?
    To add, who cares what members of Pearl Jam think?  I don’t make my opinion based on what Ed says at a show.  
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    I know some don't want this video shared (no idea why) but I see no problem with sharing it. If you don't want to see it, don't watch it. Every action has a consequence.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1215370845637500928

Personally I see no motive for Iran to do this on purpose.

• Options
    having loved ones on the plane doesn't change common sense. 

is it possible? of course, anything is. maybe obama fired the missile from his home in kenya. but it's clearly not the answer that makes the most sense. 
    Dude, I told you earlier, your opinion doesn’t matter to me. I’m here to vent about Trump. I’ve paid attention since day one and PREDICTED HE WOULD WIN the presidency. 
     I knew this would be a shitshow... only it isn’t funny anymore.  Peoples lives are at stake, including yours. But if you want to make excuses, you go right ahead. I’m not taking this shit lying down. 
  • Options
    It’s a Pearl Jam forum knucklehead lmao
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    To add, who cares what members of Pearl Jam think?  I don’t make my opinion based on what Ed says at a show.  
    One of the reasons I was drawn to the band in the first place was their social conscience. Of being good to each other. Of spreading love and good will.  AND they make great music.  I share their vision of a better world. 
    Don’t make an opinion on what the band thinks, it’s a free world dude. I was just stating a fact. 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    dignin said:
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:
    Yeah, mistakes are never made in the fog of war. Is that what you are trying to say?

Like the Malaysia plane that was shot down over Ukraine by the Russians. Guess that never happened either.

Or when the Americans shot down that plane in Iran. That never happened either.

You can give Trump a pass, but I won't. Irresponsible actions will have irresponsible consequences.
    These type of mistakes should NEVER happen.  Wrong people in charge of things.
    Right? I completely agree. Trump should have never been allowed to be a president.
    dignin said:

Yeah, mistakes are never made in the fog of war. Is that what you are trying to say?

Like the Malaysia plane that was shot down over Ukraine by the Russians. Guess that never happened either.

You can give Trump a pass, but I won't. Irresponsible actions will have irresponsible consequences.
    I agree, Trump shouldn't be in charge of anything.

2 peas in a pod...

I agree with you but sorry, Trump shouldn't be blamed.

Obama should be blamed then for the Iran nuclear deal because he should have been smart enough with future visions of this happening so shame on him.

See how stupid this all sounds?
    Use common sense, his actions are way more direct than that. As always, bending over backwards to defend him.

Regardless, our PM sure was hinting in a press conference that he thinks that America shares some blame. Never outright said it. I guess the reporters asking those questions must be stupid too.
    If it was common sense then most people would have it but people blindly blame Trump for literally everything.

I only defend what should be obvious.  You have a whole slew of reporters that can't stand Trump.  You think for a second that if they can make some sort of connection in the slightest to blame him for something they won't?

That's not smart that's brilliantly biased.
    this attempt to keep from blaming trump is a joke, right?

he is the commander in chief. he gets the glory when things go right, correct? just like a quarterback. who gets the blame when things go bad? the quarterback. trump is the president. the buck stops with him. period. all of this is trump's fault. he tore up the iran deal that was working well. trump blew up a high ranking general when he did not have to. this provoked the retaliation from iran. a plane was downed. trump knocked down the first domino in the line. everything that happens after that initial move is all trump's responsibility. fuck trump. he needs to go to the hague.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    dignin said:
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:

Right? I completely agree. Trump should have never been allowed to be a president.
    dignin said:

2 peas in a pod...

Obama should be blamed then for the Iran nuclear deal because he should have been smart enough with future visions of this happening so shame on him.

Use common sense, his actions are way more direct than that. As always, bending over backwards to defend him.

Regardless, our PM sure was hinting in a press conference that he thinks that America shares some blame. Never outright said it. I guess the reporters asking those questions must be stupid too.
    If it was common sense then most people would have it but people blindly blame Trump for literally everything.

I only defend what should be obvious.  You have a whole slew of reporters that can't stand Trump.  You think for a second that if they can make some sort of connection in the slightest to blame him for something they won't?

he is the commander in chief. he gets the glory when things go right, correct? just like a quarterback. who gets the blame when things go bad? the quarterback. trump is the president. the buck stops with him. period. all of this is trump's fault. he tore up the iran deal that was working well. trump blew up a high ranking general when he did not have to. this provoked the retaliation from iran. a plane was downed. trump knocked down the first domino in the line. everything that happens after that initial move is all trump's responsibility. fuck trump. he needs to go to the hague.
    Love it. Fight for what you believe.  Couldn’t agree more with everything you posted. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

how do we know it was an iranian?

are russian special forces in the region?

i find it hard to believe that some rogue iranian platoon would shoot down a commercial airliner. what is the motive in that? who benefits?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,261
    dignin said:
    I know some don't want this video shared (no idea why) but I see no problem with sharing it. If you don't want to see it, don't watch it. Every action has a consequence.

They purposefully fired the missile, just didn't hit what they thought. Either way, I doubt we'll ever know all the details or the whole truth.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    mrussel1 said:

i find it hard to believe that some rogue iranian platoon would shoot down a commercial airliner. what is the motive in that? who benefits?
    Unreal what has transpired in the last two weeks!

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:

They purposefully fired the missile, just didn't hit what they thought. Either way, I doubt we'll ever know all the details or the whole truth.
    Not when they are the only ones analyzing the recovered black boxes.  

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    mrussel1 said:

That’s my thoughts, Lavrov probably told Trump to kill Soleimani too.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    edited January 2020
    someone has to admit fault for this. 

at this point, not to knock our military, but i would not be surprised in the least if we accidently shot it down. i have zero confidence in our military brass. the brass follows orders from the buffoon in chief without question, so i have lost respect for the brass.

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,029
    Man beats wife within an inch of her life, leaves the house
    wife is shaken up, unsure what to do. 
    wife hears someone coming up the driveway, she panics, finds gun. it's dark, she assumes it's him
    she comes outside, shoots and fires and kills the person in the driveway. 
    except it wasn't her husband. it was their neighbour. 

who in this situation gets charged with the death of the neighbour, and goes to trial?
    Are you suggesting Iran mistook this commercial jet for a military one? Even 1960s radar would easily tell the difference. I have zero doubt they knew exactly what they were shooting at.
  • Options

at this point, not to knock our military, but i would not be surprised in the least if we accidently shot it down. i have zero confidence in our military brass. the brass follows orders from the buffoon in chief without question, so i have lost respect for the brass.
    How could we fire missiles from the ground wiithin Iran?
  • Options
    dignin said:
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:

dignin said:

2 peas in a pod...

Love it. Fight for what you believe.  Couldn’t agree more with everything you posted. 
    thank you. 

i am just sick to death of people defending the indefensible. 

we had other options. we could have used diplomacy. we could have used sanctions. we would have put further restrictions in place. we could have done small military engagements. we could have done a targeted assassination of a high ranking official with a drone. we could have used a nuke. 

fucking moron chose to forego the other routes and blow up the general because he wants to be a war hero. i am disgusted that people would defend this choice. it is easy in hindsight to condemn him, but WHO IN THE HELL IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HAVING THE FORESIGHT TO PREDICT THE RESPONSE AND FOLLOWING ACTIONS?? THE FUCKING MILITARY BRASS.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    mcgruff10 said:

How could we fire missiles from the ground wiithin Iran?
    good point.

sorry i got confused. i thought the plane crashed within iraQ.

we have to have people on the ground over there. 
    Post edited by gimmesometruth27 on

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    mrussel1 said:

Well it was 2 miles from Tehran's airport,  so I doubt it was Russian forces.  Anything it's possible I suppose. 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    He doesn't understand or believe in the constitution so what makes congress think their resolution will stop him?