Options

Iran Deal, the reset.....

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,888
    You seem to think I’m making “quite the leap”.  Your opinion on that matters little to me.  I do not think I’m making any leap whatsoever.  Trump’s unprovoked attack without Congressional approval on Iran has resulted in a response which has resulted in the death of innocent people, many of whom are fellow Canadians. 
    This is what despot leaders do.  This is not democracy.  Their blood is on his hands. 
    so you say to someone that their opinion matters little to you because it simply differs from yours? and with absolutely zero evidence? alrighty. 

no one even knows if it was shot down or if it was mechanical or something else. it could be a horrible coincidence. of course the timing is VERY suspect. it could be iran. it could have been russia. we don't know. 

there seems to be some misunderstanding about what a president needs when it comes to military operations. he didn't declare war. he didn't need congressional approval, to my understanding. do I agree with it? no. I never agree with murder. I didn't agree with saddam, I didn't agree with bin laden, none of it.  but as far as I've read, he didn't do anything against what is allowed by american law. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited January 2020
    You seem to think I’m making “quite the leap”.  Your opinion on that matters little to me.  I do not think I’m making any leap whatsoever.  Trump’s unprovoked attack without Congressional approval on Iran has resulted in a response which has resulted in the death of innocent people, many of whom are fellow Canadians. 
    This is what despot leaders do.  This is not democracy.  Their blood is on his hands. 
    so you say to someone that their opinion matters little to you because it simply differs from yours? and with absolutely zero evidence? alrighty. 

no one even knows if it was shot down or if it was mechanical or something else. it could be a horrible coincidence. of course the timing is VERY suspect. it could be iran. it could have been russia. we don't know. 

there seems to be some misunderstanding about what a president needs when it comes to military operations. he didn't declare war. he didn't need congressional approval, to my understanding. do I agree with it? no. I never agree with murder. I didn't agree with saddam, I didn't agree with bin laden, none of it.  but as far as I've read, he didn't do anything against what is allowed by american law. 
    Your thoughts that my opinion was “quite a leap” doesn’t matter to me mainly because you provided nothing in return. 
    If anyone believes the plane crash was a coincidence they are at a minimum gullible. 

I understand the President is the Commander-in-Chief.  I understand US government and how it works. 
    The point is, he didn’t declare war because he didn’t want have to receive Congressional Approval because he knows he wouldn’t get it. He attacked and killed a high-ranking Iranian official.  That is not an act of war? 

Also, an election is coming. He has been impeached, his approval ratings are lower than any President in history. The canned speech where he actually sounded somewhat “presidential”. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see what is going on here. 

People are going to die and he doesn’t care.. as long as he wins.  This selfish prick has to be shown the door before any more damage is done. 

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    Plot thickens but WTH would their allied Russia shoot down a plane?
    If there are indeed Putin on the ritz’s missile parts laying around, they were sold to Iran or there are Russian special ops working with the Iranians and Putin knows Team Trump Treason is in way over his head. Don’t dismiss Russia’s embarrassing withdrawal from Afghanistan as a motivator to fuck with the US in the Middle East. And yea, Iran is not finished yet. Are you confident in Team Trump Treason’s ability to act and respond rationally and in the best interests of the US?
    I don't understand why "parts" of a missile are by the crash if the damn plane was shot at further away from the crash site.

This story doesn't really add up if you think about it.  
    Unconfirmed parts “in the area of the crash site.”
    I skipped right over the "unconfiremed" part.

People just spreading hearsay then right now...
  • Options

Your thoughts that my opinion was “quite a leap” doesn’t matter to me mainly because you provided nothing in return. 
    If anyone believes the plane crash was a coincidence they are at a minimum gullible. 

I understand the President is the Commander-in-Chief.  I understand US government and how it works. 
    The point is, he didn’t declare war because he didn’t want have to receive Congressional Approval because he knows he wouldn’t get it. He attacked and killed a high-ranking Iranian official.  That is not an act of war? 

Also, an election is coming. He has been impeached, his approval ratings are lower than any President in history. The canned speech where he actually sounded somewhat “presidential”. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see what is going on here. 

People are going to die and he doesn’t care.. as long as he wins.  This selfish prick has to be shown the door before any more damage is done. 

nice chatting with ya, champ! 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,709
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/downing-street-calls-for-urgent-inquiry-pentagon-confirms-plane-in-iran-was-shot-down-by-a4330741.html

According to this, speculation is that it was an error by the military.  Terrible collateral damage.  
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,340
    mrussel1 said:
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/downing-street-calls-for-urgent-inquiry-pentagon-confirms-plane-in-iran-was-shot-down-by-a4330741.html

According to this, speculation is that it was an error by the military.  Terrible collateral damage.  
    I don’t believe any info coming from Iran , Russia, America at all ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,000
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

If this is true that's horrible.

Why it doesn't make sense though is in this day and age all planes and their whereabouts in airspace is documented.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,775
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Told you.  That fuckhead Trump is responsible for those deaths. 
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?
    I think the poster means, Trump is responsible for the escalation, therefore responsible for collateral damage. 

Regarding this issue, I cannot see the strategic sense in Iran shooting down a plane of its own people.  I also have to believe that if a rocket was launched, our satellites would pick up that activity.  However, if it was shot down by smaller fire, it would not necessarily be detected.  It's also a possibility that someone in the Iranian made a horrible, horrible mistake. 
    This is what I'm thinking without knowing the facts yet. Why wouldn't Iran maybe shoot down a plane over their airspace right after they shot missiles into Iraq? They'd be expecting a possible retaliation for their retaliation. It's a very possible mistake. The whole thing is a big and insane mistake.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?
    I think the poster means, Trump is responsible for the escalation, therefore responsible for collateral damage. 

Regarding this issue, I cannot see the strategic sense in Iran shooting down a plane of its own people.  I also have to believe that if a rocket was launched, our satellites would pick up that activity.  However, if it was shot down by smaller fire, it would not necessarily be detected.  It's also a possibility that someone in the Iranian made a horrible, horrible mistake. 
    This is what I'm thinking without knowing the facts yet. Why wouldn't Iran maybe shoot down a plane over their airspace right after they shot missiles into Iraq? They'd be expecting a possible retaliation for their retaliation. It's a very possible mistake. The whole thing is a big and insane mistake.
    See my comment above as to why it doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,274
    I guess I shouldn't have compared the president to a rapist or abuser yesterday. It would have been more appropriate to group him with a serial killer.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    I guess I shouldn't have compared the president to a rapist or abuser yesterday. It would have been more appropriate to group him with a serial killer.
    Just add it to the already long list of titles he already holds ...
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

That's why it would be a mistake, which is why right now, with the info available, it's the the most plausible answer. That could change as more is known.

And that said, it would make Trump somewhat responsible. Do to the escalation, none of this would have happened.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

That's why it would be a mistake, which is why right now, with the info available, it's the the most plausible answer. That could change as more is known.

And that said, it would make Trump somewhat responsible. Do to the escalation, none of this would have happened.
    trump is an asshole for murdering that general. however, it's not his fault the iranian military is (apparently) so fucking inept that they (apparently) shot down a civilian craft because they were nervous about an attack. 

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

I don’t believe it’s a mistake. But in the unlikely event it was, it all began with Trump attacking Iran.  Everyone is on high alert and “collateral damage” results.   Everyone on board suffered that fate because of his decision one way or the other. 

• Options
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

trump is an asshole for murdering that general. however, it's not his fault the iranian military is (apparently) so fucking inept that they (apparently) shot down a civilian craft because they were nervous about an attack. 

Its easy to argue that without Trump's stupid irresponsible actions, this never would have happened. He isn't far removed from this, he is directly involved.

And if true, I will add this to the list of reasons why he shouldn't be president. This was all easily preventable.
  • Options
    The easy thing to do is to impose sanctions and be belligerent. The difficult thing to do is to engage. Obama did it with the best and brightest in the US nuclear arms control sphere and engaged 5 other countries to sign on and support it. Obama opened a door for the potential to normalize relations and bring Iran into the fold. Team Trump Treason blew it all up because of the black guy. The Iranian nuclear deal wasn’t the be all-end all. It was a new beginning. And poof, it’s gone and we’re back to 1979 again. Maybe we’ll sell them arms if they invade Greenland?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,709
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

Its easy to argue that without Trump's stupid irresponsible actions, this never would have happened. He isn't far removed from this, he is directly involved.

And if true, I will add this to the list of reasons why he shouldn't be president. This was all easily preventable.
    Second and third order effects...
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

No, stop blaming Trump for everything, dear lord.

I said this and it completely escaped you but Hugh made mention of it.
    Why it doesn't make sense though is in this day and age all planes and their whereabouts in airspace is documented.

In other words there is radar and flight lines that are travel patterns for commercial planes so this doesn't happen.

Iran is inept if this is true.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,039
    What a piece of shit. 
    that's quite a leap
    Your opinion matters little to me quite frankly 
    um, what?
    Did I stutter? 
    True story. I had a sever stutter as a kid (and still have a mild one). My dad thought he could cure me by just making me talk more. He made me repeat tongue twisters and such. In the 3rd grade he would make me recite the times table. It didn't do anything for my stutter, but within weeks my 3rd grade teacher would send me to the 4th grade class for my math lessons.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

In other words there is radar and flight lines that are travel patterns for commercial planes so this doesn't happen.

Yeah, mistakes are never made in the fog of war. Is that what you are trying to say?

Like the Malaysia plane that was shot down over Ukraine by the Russians. Guess that never happened either.

Or when the Americans shot down that plane in Iran. That never happened either.

You can give Trump a pass, but I won't. Irresponsible actions will have irresponsible consequences.
    Post edited by dignin on
  • Options
    The easy thing to do is to impose sanctions and be belligerent. The difficult thing to do is to engage. Obama did it with the best and brightest in the US nuclear arms control sphere and engaged 5 other countries to sign on and support it. Obama opened a door for the potential to normalize relations and bring Iran into the fold. Team Trump Treason blew it all up because of the black guy. The Iranian nuclear deal wasn’t the be all-end all. It was a new beginning. And poof, it’s gone and we’re back to 1979 again. Maybe we’ll sell them arms if they invade Greenland?
    He doesn’t understand diplomacy.  He doesn’t understand foreign policy. He doesn’t have knowledgeable advisors because he either fired them or they quit.  He doesn’t listen to his own intelligence community (although all of a sudden he believes them that Iran was a threat). 
    The guy is clueless to be quite honest. 
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

He deserves to be blamed for everything period , just like Obama was and is still being blamed by this idiot or did you not watch the briefing he spewed nothing but falsehoods about the Iran nuclear deal! So   Yeah the idiot in chief is to blame for everything! Fuck him ..

• Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

He deserves to be blamed for everything period , just like Obama was and is still being blamed by this idiot or did you not watch the briefing he spewed nothing but falsehoods about the Iran nuclear deal! So   Yeah the idiot in chief is to blame for everything! Fuck him ..

See difference here is I wasn't blaming Obama for everything so I sure as hell aren't blaming Trump for this.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

So, your solution is to make it public knowledge where any planes at all times to who? Foreign governments, the military, anyone who wants it?

Cause and effect man. If Trump doesn't make the moves he does and then broadcast to the world that he intends to retaliate significantly (and maybe even disproportionately), this doesn't happen. Sure, he didn't make Iran fire at that plane, but his actions directly led to it. A genuine and empathetic human being would be haunted by this the rest of their life, but not him, and apparently you wouldn't be either.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

See difference here is I wasn't blaming Obama for everything so I sure as hell aren't blaming Trump for this.
    Not talking about us here! Did you watch the briefing? How many times did he mention Obama? Incarceration of immigrants, separating kids , totally disrespecting gold star families everything is he’s fault so yeah I’m blaming the idiot on this too! 
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

So, your solution is to make it public knowledge where any planes at all times to who? Foreign governments, the military, anyone who wants it?

Cause and effect man. If Trump doesn't make the moves he does and then broadcast to the world that he intends to retaliate significantly (and maybe even disproportionately), this doesn't happen. Sure, he didn't make Iran fire at that plane, but his actions directly led to it. A genuine and empathetic human being would be haunted by this the rest of their life, but not him, and apparently you wouldn't be either.

This is basic commercial aviation 101.  The controllers tell you what route to take.  If they didn't planes would be crashing in mid air.

Pt 2, no I wouldn't.  See my reasoning above.  This has zero to do with being empathetic.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

Yeah, mistakes are never made in the fog of war. Is that what you are trying to say?

Like the Malaysia plane that was shot down over Ukraine by the Russians. Guess that never happened either.

You can give Trump a pass, but I won't. Irresponsible actions will have irresponsible consequences.
    These type of mistakes should NEVER happen.  Wrong people in charge of things.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

Right? I completely agree. Trump should have never been allowed to be a president.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a piece of shit. 
    link?

I agree, Trump shouldn't be in charge of anything.