Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Read the thread.

https://twitter.com/sethabramson/status/1215337524064915456?s=12

Thanks Hannity, playing your part.
    The Iranian govt. watches Fox news and more importantly Sean Hannity for military info?  God help us all...

Hannity is an idiot too.
    They would be stupid not to, after all he does advise the president and is in constant communication with him. If anyone is in the know.

And I agree, Spaghetti Monster, help us all.

The plane left from their own airport and airspace...
    I don't follow.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    dignin said:
    why is it if anyone makes a comment that in any way doesn't want to put trump to death, they are automatically biased/supporter/uninformed/etc? 
    Why is it you always use hyperbole? 

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:
    why is it if anyone makes a comment that in any way doesn't want to put trump to death, they are automatically biased/supporter/uninformed/etc? 

Haha.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,053
    edited January 2020
    dignin said:
    You're basically saying he's a troll then, yes?

I always thought he has been a voice of reason too and calls it like he sees it.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Read the thread.

The Iranian govt. watches Fox news and more importantly Sean Hannity for military info?  God help us all...

Hannity is an idiot too.
    They would be stupid not to, after all he does advise the president and is in constant communication with him. If anyone is in the know.

Right, it was heading away from Tehran.  I know you all hate trump but man to somehow pin partial blame on him?  That is crazy. 
    We won't see eye to eye on this. It has nothing to do with hate for Trump, if Obama pulled the same shit I would say he would be partly to blame. I think it's crazy to say he has zero responsibility for this.

Anyways, I've made my point, I'm moving on.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Read the thread.

Hannity is an idiot too.

Right, it was heading away from Tehran.  I know you all hate trump but man to somehow pin partial blame on him?  That is crazy. 
    Why? Team Trump Treason doesn’t drone strike Soleimani, tensions are not ratcheted up, Iran doesn’t feel the need to fire missiles at US bases in Iraq and 172 innocents may have been sleeping in their beds last night. How this is lost on any of you is beyond me. But at least some of you are sleeping better. And the lack of evidence provided of the “imminent” terrorist attack just adds further justification for Team Trump Treason to share in the blame. Think he’ll invite the relatives of those 172 killed to the White House so he can apologize? Maybe treat them to some fast food?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dignin said:

I always thought he has been a voice of reason too and calls it like he sees it.
    No, and pretty much everyone calls it like they see it.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    good grief
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

I see you didn't comment on the "voice of reason" portion.  :D
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Your avatar pretty much says which way you swing no matter what...
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    This is a plane that originally departed from the Tehran airport. It's 100% Iran's responsibility. Trump has done plenty wrong, but it's not a zero sum game.
    Sure, if you willfully ignore all the events that led up to and surrounded the tragedy. I'm sure historians will look at it that way, why would anyone be interested in context?
    Hahaha this is pretty comical really.  So, now that Iran sent ballistic missiles at americans, if Trump shoots down a plane over one of those bases that is carrying americans, it's Iran's fault?   
    You respond to a comment about ignoring context with a comment ignoring context. Congratulations on the most useless comment in this thread today, but it's still early, I'm sure you have more.
    You should focus on the topic more and deflect by focusing on the posters by trying to belittle them less. 

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Haha, most of the time. But everyone also thinks they are the voice of reason. I guess it depends on if more people think you are a voice of reason than not? How does one go about figuring that out?
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Haha, most of the time. But everyone also thinks they are the voice of reason. I guess it depends on if more people think you are a voice of reason than not? How does one go about figuring that out?
    Polling data
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    This is a plane that originally departed from the Tehran airport. It's 100% Iran's responsibility. Trump has done plenty wrong, but it's not a zero sum game.
    Sure, if you willfully ignore all the events that led up to and surrounded the tragedy. I'm sure historians will look at it that way, why would anyone be interested in context?
    Hahaha this is pretty comical really.  So, now that Iran sent ballistic missiles at americans, if Trump shoots down a plane over one of those bases that is carrying americans, it's Iran's fault?   
    You respond to a comment about ignoring context with a comment ignoring context. Congratulations on the most useless comment in this thread today, but it's still early, I'm sure you have more.
    You should focus on the topic more and deflect by focusing on the posters by trying to belittle them less. 

Says the one jumping into a conversation by going hahaha, pretty comical really. I should really take anything that person has to say after that seriously. 

I won't be taking your advice on how to navigate around here, but thanks for the tip.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,904
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Read the thread.

Hannity is an idiot too.

We won't see eye to eye on this. It has nothing to do with hate for Trump, if Obama pulled the same shit I would say he would be partly to blame. I think it's crazy to say he has zero responsibility for this.

All good.  Beers on you in Quebec City. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Read the thread.

Hannity is an idiot too.

Are they going on tour? I havent gotten an email, or do they still send out an email?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

Says the one jumping into a conversation by going hahaha, pretty comical really. I should really take anything that person has to say after that seriously. 

I won't be taking your advice on how to navigate around here, but thanks for the tip.
    I didn't figure you would.

FYI - it's a messageboard. People are just jumping into private conversations.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,904
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Read the thread.

Hannity is an idiot too.

Are they going on tour? I havent gotten an email, or do they still send out an email?
    Rumors abound!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

I don't personally think of myself that way, but if others do, so be it. and yes, you are right, I would HOPE everyone calls it as they see it. when I see people saying that about themselves it drives me crazy, like they deserve a medal for being honest. or that they are some renegade who has no fear. 

'I'm a real straight shooter, y'all". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Strange that they would allow a commercial flight to take off so soon after launching missiles.  Of course I'm judging from the standpoint of not living in a region where I worry about surface to air missiles when heading to San Diego ... but still, why would a commercial pilot even agree to fly in such a perilous moment in history?  You know every radar in the world is going to be locking on to you.  But it was a Ukraine operator so maybe getting hit by a SAM is like us worrying about hitting a deer on the way to work.
  • Options
    NY Times has video of the plane being shot down.  I'm not posting.  Nor should anyone.
  • Options
    It is, without question, a surface to air missile fired from not too far away.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,076
    Jason P said:
    Strange that they would allow a commercial flight to take off so soon after launching missiles.  Of course I'm judging from the standpoint of not living in a region where I worry about surface to air missiles when heading to San Diego ... but still, why would a commercial pilot even agree to fly in such a perilous moment in history?  You know every radar in the world is going to be locking on to you.  But it was a Ukraine operator so maybe getting hit by a SAM is like us worrying about hitting a deer on the way to work.
    Man, I had the same thought. Although, with what was going on that night, which would you rather - get in a commercial jet departing Tehran or be grounded and stay in Tehran for the next 12-24 hours? I don't know if there is an obvious answer.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    Jason P said:
    Man, I had the same thought. Although, with what was going on that night, which would you rather - get in a commercial jet departing Tehran or be grounded and stay in Tehran for the next 12-24 hours? I don't know if there is an obvious answer.
    heartbreaking story of a woman who is from winnipeg. she was supposed to come home in december, but decided to stay longer and changed her flight to the one that got shot down. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,076
    pjl44 said:
    Jason P said:
    heartbreaking story of a woman who is from winnipeg. she was supposed to come home in december, but decided to stay longer and changed her flight to the one that got shot down. 
    Jesus. I can't even imagine. 
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    NY Times has video of the plane being shot down.  I'm not posting.  Nor should anyone.
    Horrible...  The plane tried to make it back to the airport too.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,666
    Jason P said:
    It's astounding how poor the judgment was to leave the airspace open.  They should have been expecting a retaliation from the US, so why were they even running flights?  
  • Options
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/national/politics/2020/1/9/1_4759850.html

Diplomacy is to say “it may have been unintentional” so you can get access to the black box.  Dollars to doughnuts it wasn’t unintentional.  Once again, this doesn’t happen if Trump isn’t a complete meat stick. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,666
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/national/politics/2020/1/9/1_4759850.html

Diplomacy is to say “it may have been unintentional” so you can get access to the black box.  Dollars to doughnuts it wasn’t unintentional.  Once again, this doesn’t happen if Trump isn’t a complete meat stick. 
    What's the value or upside of Iran shooting down a plane, with no Americans, in its own airspace, leaving from Tehran?  What does that accomplish?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

What's the value or upside of Iran shooting down a plane, with no Americans, in its own airspace, leaving from Tehran?  What does that accomplish?
    It's Trumps fault, shut up...