Bruce Jenner - WTF?????????????????

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,524

JK_Livin said:

Is it ok if i could care less about this or is that offensive?

Ole Bruce can do as he pleases. He cant live his life anyway he chooses. I have NO PROBLEM with that aspect of this story. What I do have a problem with, is the fact that this is FRONT PAGE news. I guess its the whole "Reality TV" thing that this country has fallen in love with. This story deserves front page news on CNN, FOX, any local news page, etc. etc? Really? For months now, I have to read about this?

I think it's only front page news because of the perceived dichotomy it represents. a former olympian, a "man's man", with x amount of kids, becomes a woman. if it was a tv movie of the week, it would get panned for how implausible it is.

that and his relation to the Kardashians and Kanye.

And there ya go.
    The Kardashians and Kanye are front page news too?
    Its a pretty strange little world we live in, right?
    my personal opinion on the obsession with celebrity and reality tv is not one that should be published in public.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418

JK_Livin said:

Ole Bruce can do as he pleases. He cant live his life anyway he chooses. I have NO PROBLEM with that aspect of this story. What I do have a problem with, is the fact that this is FRONT PAGE news. I guess its the whole "Reality TV" thing that this country has fallen in love with. This story deserves front page news on CNN, FOX, any local news page, etc. etc? Really? For months now, I have to read about this?

I think it's only front page news because of the perceived dichotomy it represents. a former olympian, a "man's man", with x amount of kids, becomes a woman. if it was a tv movie of the week, it would get panned for how implausible it is.

that and his relation to the Kardashians and Kanye.

And there ya go.
    The Kardashians and Kanye are front page news too?
    Its a pretty strange little world we live in, right?
    my personal opinion on the obsession with celebrity and reality tv is not one that should be published in public.

I hear ya loud and clear.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • No, just avert your eyes when you see any mention of CJ, or anyone else for that matter that you don't want to know about. That's what I do. Don't finish reading the headline and then just skip the article all together. You can't keep it off the front page, but you can keep it out of your own head if you wish.

Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,768

Hobbes said:

is it just me or does C.J. look like an older Jessica Lange? Ironically enough, Lange was a co-star in the feature film "Tootsie"

pretty close?

PS- I'm loving all the people on facebook who say they don't care about Caitlyn Jenner, but then devote a status update about her.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/06/01/jessica-lange-learns-about-caitlyn-jenner-comparisons-that-s-so-wonderful.html
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    edited June 2015
    That must be strange for his/her children. From mom and dad to no dad and two moms.
    Post edited by Longueuil on
  • Longueuil said:

That must be strange for his/her children. From mom and dad to no dad and two moms.

I don't think she's a mom. They're kids are all grown up and everything. They still only have 1 mom. Now they have a new woman in their lives, that's all. I think....
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    edited June 2015
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Well, I guess we all knew this was coming. Apparently an eight episode "documentary series" on Caitlyn's transition will debut on E! next month.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

Well, I guess we all knew this was coming. Apparently an eight episode "documentary series" on Caitlyn's transition will debut on E! next month.

This shit's pretty much mandatory now.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    hedonist said:

But he/she wants to stay private.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

hedonist said:

But he/she wants to stay private.
    Yeah, I don't get it. And on "E!" - an entertainment channel?

CJ is an enigma.

And I feel for the regular Joe's - and Joanne's - who don't have the resources and PR abundantly available to make the transition in this manner.

I also read that someone is campainging to have CJ's prior medals revoked. Idiot.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    I have been waiting for the right side of the spectrum to start making noise. I'm really shocked it has taken this long. Now for the abomination stuff to start. When that happens then I will have some sympathy for CJ as no one should have that happen over their life choice.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited June 2015

JK_Livin said:

I think it does. Not because of the Kardashians (I was honestly not ever aware Bruce Jenner was connected to this family with a reality show until maybe a year and a half ago). It matters because he is bringing the issue of trans and gay rights to the world in a way that hasn't been seen before. The fact that people pay so much attention to the Kardashians is shameful for sure. But the fact that that is allowing the public to see Caitlyn's transformation and hear all this discussion about the stuggles of the LGBT community that is resulting from her transformation is a great thing, and if this is the way that has to be done, so be it. I think the ISSUE deserves the headline news. It being Caitlyn and her ridiculously famous family is really neither here not there IMO. All I care about is the awareness it's bringing to the masses.

Speedy, you don't' have to read about it if you don't want to. Just keep scrolling or turn the channel. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Longueuil said:

They still have a mom and dad. She is still their dad (she's said that herself).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

I have been waiting for the right side of the spectrum to start making noise. I'm really shocked it has taken this long. Now for the abomination stuff to start. When that happens then I will have some sympathy for CJ as no one should have that happen over their life choice.

I'm sure the Westboro Baptist Church will be out to protest whatever event Caitlyn attends. Is the Arthur Ashe award a public presentation? Chances are they will be there. This is the kind of thing they thrive off of--controversy, and a way to get their name in the paper.
    ELITIST FUK
    a very interesting take on it, and one I hadn't thought of, is Jon Stewart's rant about how shameful it is that the media is focusing so much on her looks. "welcome to being a woman in America, Caitlyn" (paraphrasing). But it's very true.

www.headstonesband.com

a very interesting take on it, and one I hadn't thought of, is Jon Stewart's rant about how shameful it is that the media is focusing so much on her looks. "welcome to being a woman in America, Caitlyn" (paraphrasing). But it's very true.

Totally true. Same with any woman in the public eye, like politicians. It's shameful. Although in this particular case at least it's understandable given that her appearance is so much a part of her transformation, unlike when people talk about Hilary Clinton or someone like that in the same way, which is a fucking abomination.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I was gonna write this long thing but decided, fuck it, I'll stay out of this. He has every right to do what he wants, I just think he's a phony about it. Nobody signs a 7 part mini series if they weren't doing it for the money. Be who u want to be, but don't sit here and pretend he's some hero.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    badbrains said:

I was gonna write this long thing but decided, fuck it, I'll stay out of this. He has every right to do what he wants, I just think he's a phony about it. Nobody signs a 7 part mini series if they weren't doing it for the money. Be who u want to be, but don't sit here and pretend he's some hero.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    He (she?) one-up'd his daughters sex tape.

America, what a country!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Buzz Bissinger said that the show is about the money. I don't see what is wrong about that. This is America. Why can't she capitalize off this if there is interest?
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Buzz Bissinger said that the show is about the money. I don't see what is wrong about that. This is America. Why can't she capitalize off this if there is interest?

So basically whore herself out? That's fine by me, it is America after all.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    edited June 2015
    badbrains said:

So basically whore herself out? That's fine by me, it is America after all.
    If you want to look at it that way, I guess. I guess I see it as there is interest in what she has done and she is going to capitalize off it and I don't see a problem with that.

If you don't like it, don't tune in. I certainly don't plan on it.
    Ohhh dear lord the mess (or fun depending on how you look at it) has started. The local rock station out here put up billboards with their biggest DJ's head on Caitlyn's body all over town.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    people can do what ever they like with them self..im ok with it..
    and as we say in Greece.."from the moment is not in my ass,i dont give a fuck where it goes.."
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

people can do what ever they like with them self..im ok with it..
    and as we say in Greece.."from the moment is not in my ass,i dont give a fuck where it goes.."

:rofl:

www.headstonesband.com

• MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,515
    I just listened to the christmas single olympic platinum and Eddie says, I will be like Bruce Jenner, or something like that in the song. I saw talk on the Porch of Eddie taking botox before Letterman.
    Will someone have to start a thread:
    Eddie Vedder - WTF???????????????????????
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    HughFreakingDillon, thanks for mentioning Jon Stewart's comments. I thought Jon Stewart's perspective was interesting too.

I wonder if Caitlyn will finally see what advantages she had and took for granted back when she was a man once she has fully transitioned into the role of a woman? Not many people get a chance to live on both sides of the fence! Not many men get to experience the unfairness of being judged more for their looks than for their accomplishments.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam said:

HughFreakingDillon, thanks for mentioning Jon Stewart's comments. I thought Jon Stewart's perspective was interesting too.

I wonder if Caitlyn will finally see what advantages she had and took for granted back when she was a man once she has fully transitioned into the role of a woman? Not many people get a chance to live on both sides of the fence! Not many men get to experience the unfairness of being judged more for their looks than for their accomplishments.

The number one she will miss once the snip is done, being able to stand and pee in a gross public restroom. Oh wait, I doubt the Kardashian crew has ever been in a public restroom. Never mind.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957

justam said:

The number one she will miss once the snip is done, being able to stand and pee in a gross public restroom. Oh wait, I doubt the Kardashian crew has ever been in a public restroom. Never mind.
    I think she said she is keeping Mr. Peepers.