Bruce Jenner - WTF?????????????????

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

HE is pathetic. The social acceptance of this is atrocious. Whatever HE chooses to do is fine, and HIS choice. Same as I have the same choice, to approve or disapprove. I really do not care what HE does, but I should be able to say i disagree with it and not be ridiculed as well.

And awareness for transgender people? That's a joke. If I decide to wear men's clothes, does that make me a man? It doesn't. Same thing goes for transgender people. Your a woman or a man. If you want to be addressed differently, then make the commitment and go all the way.

I don't care, if I see a man in the woman's restroom I'm pepper spraying his ass and calling the cops.

You're a fucking moron. You clearly care. Pretty sure I could have a better conversation with a bag of rocks. The capital letters are so subtle
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Shocked that buzz bissinger wrote the article.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996

Shocked that buzz bissinger wrote the article.

!!!! Wow, I might have to read it. He's such a great writer.
  • JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    See? Now I am a fucking moron for having an opinion.

Exactly what I said before. We're all supposed to accept something regardless of personal opinion.

Say what you want, I will no longer reply. I'll part with this. HIS name is BRUCE JENNER, and HE is a man. Just because HE wants to be called something else doesn't change what the truth is. And I shouldn't be a expected to call HIM a woman. Because he isn't. No matter how hard HE tries, this fact won't change.
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863

Exactly what I said before. We're all supposed to accept something regardless of personal opinion.

Say what you want, I will no longer reply. I'll part with this. HIS name is BRUCE JENNER, and HE is a man. Just because HE wants to be called something else doesn't change what the truth is. And I shouldn't be a expected to call HIM a woman. Because he isn't. No matter how hard HE tries, this fact won't change.

You're being unaccepting and cruel...your "opinion" is that of a pig-headed biggot...be open minded....it's 2015 for crying outloud...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

I wouldn't call you that and for one welcome you to continue to speak your mind - but know that the vitriol in your posts is palpable to some and will garner replies. This isn't a bad thing, by the way!

I don't know what the proper/PC terms are, but if it brings balance for anyone to embark on what I imagine can't be an easy road, so be it. I may not get it in full, but having a problem with it, or anger over it? Nope.

Everyone has their own truth, I believe - their own means of realizing it, of attaining peace of mind and soul.

(and I had to =) at RK's comments about Kaitlyn and Hooters)
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,419
    there isn't a more screwed up family in America than the Jenner/Kardashian clan (ok maybe the Duggars). Oh what reality television has wrought upon us. Even as I say that about that family I do have some empathy for the two younger Jenner girls . Being that young and having your father doing this in such a public way has to screw you up even more. I can't imagine those girls being anywhere near normal adults down the line.
    I think the girls being..."them"...has less to do with Jenner and more about the K's.

Don't care how they attempt to paint themselves, their actions and words reflect shallow, out-of-touch narcissists.

Can you imagine growing up in the midst of that cesspool?
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,419
    hedonist said:

I think the girls being..."them"...has less to do with Jenner and more about the K's.

Don't care how they attempt to paint themselves, their actions and words reflect shallow, out-of-touch narcissists.

Can you imagine growing up in the midst of that cesspool?

agree but they are teenagers. I mean I was pretty screwed up at that age and I had an incredibly normal relatively quiet suburban family. I can't imagine being a teenager and growing up with those parents and older siblings. hard to anywhere close to normal with that above you.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    edited June 2015
    hedonist said:

I don't know what the proper/PC terms are, but if it brings balance for anyone to embark on what I imagine can't be an easy road, so be it. I may not get it in full, but having a problem with it, or anger over it? Nope.

Everyone has their own truth, I believe - their own means of realizing it, of attaining peace of mind and soul.

(and I had to =) at RK's comments about Kaitlyn and Hooters)

For Caitlyn: she is 'transgender', her body may be male, but her mind is female. There have been studies that actually back it up. Females have more of one certain chemical in their brain that men have less of. These people go through hormone therapy and reassignment surgery. And what about people who are intersex (aka hermaphrodites)? Would our ignorant poster up there go on a rant about those people? Should they be shamed as well?

Cross-dressing: is when a person of one sex dresses in opposite sex clothing...like drag.

This is what I understand it to be...Prince of Dorkness, if you are here, please feel free to correct me or clarify.
    Post edited by RKCNDY on
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

For Caitlyn: she is 'transgender', her body may be male, but her mind is female. There have been studies that actually back it up. Females have more of one certain chemical in their brain that men have less of. These people go through hormone therapy and reassignment surgery. And what about people who are intersex (aka hermaphrodites)? Would our ignorant poster up there go on a rant about those people? Should they be shamed as well?

Cross-dressing: is when a person of one sex dresses in opposite sex clothing...like drag.

This is what I understand it to be...Prince of Dorkness, if you are here, please feel free to correct me or clarify.

So mind (soul?) can be female...and then, from that perspective, gay, bi, etc? Not that it really matters, just curious as some of this is new to me.

And yes, I don't think shitting on someone for pursuing the life they want / need for themselves is right (I was going to say fair, but that doesn't really apply). It's more about the simplicity of just live and let live, if done in peace. Not hurting anyone, just doing your thing.

How anyone could be so outraged by that is beyond me.

From here, it seems like a heavy weight to bear.

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    hedonist said:

So mind (soul?) can be female...and then, from that perspective, gay, bi, etc? Not that it really matters, just curious as some of this is new to me..

Brain function/waves...I saw some program and they were studying the brains of gay people versus straight, and their brain is wired differently. Nobody 'chooses' to be gay or transgender. They really were born with a brain that was wired differently.

I feel bad that Caitlyn is part of that whole fame whoring family, perhaps she would gain more credibility if she was from a more private type of family. I do understand people being upset, but she was taking hormones before she met Kris and got involved with that whole circus.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    Imho the "socially acceptable" label should apply to pretty much every type of sexuality/gender/mindset, with the exception of people who harm others, such as pedos/kid touchers/child molesters, rapists, and any other type of abusers.

Oh, and PUAs/MRAs. Cuz fuck those guys.

Like we don't got enough shit to worry about already, concerning ourselves as a society with who's wearing make up & a dress when they've got testicles. PUH-LEEZ.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    RKCNDY said:

hedonist said:

So mind (soul?) can be female...and then, from that perspective, gay, bi, etc? Not that it really matters, just curious as some of this is new to me..

Brain function/waves...I saw some program and they were studying the brains of gay people versus straight, and their brain is wired differently. Nobody 'chooses' to be gay or transgender. They really were born with a brain that was wired differently.

I feel bad that Caitlyn is part of that whole fame whoring family, perhaps she would gain more credibility if she was from a more private type of family. I do understand people being upset, but she was taking hormones before she met Kris and got involved with that whole circus.
    Yep, with you on that bolded part. And I think that that - again, call it brain, soul, self - extends beyond sexuality.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,664

HE is pathetic. The social acceptance of this is atrocious. Whatever HE chooses to do is fine, and HIS choice. Same as I have the same choice, to approve or disapprove. I really do not care what HE does, but I should be able to say i disagree with it and not be ridiculed as well.

And awareness for transgender people? That's a joke. If I decide to wear men's clothes, does that make me a man? It doesn't. Same thing goes for transgender people. Your a woman or a man. If you want to be addressed differently, then make the commitment and go all the way.

I don't care, if I see a man in the woman's restroom I'm pepper spraying his ass and calling the cops.

Sad to see so much fear, hate, and ignorance from someone who claims to be a Pearl Jam fan
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,524

Sad to see so much fear, hate, and ignorance from someone who claims to be a Pearl Jam fan
    pearl jam fans are just as representative a group of the population as any other. we're not all liberal, we're not all socially progressive, we're not all comfortable in our own skin.....

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661

You can call it what you want, but your opinion makes you a bigot.

Who does this shit at 60 something yrs old ...

why is it ever too late to be who you are?

www.headstonesband.com

Jason P said:

What if he was feeling pressure because his Kardashian Clan was leaving him in the background (divorce) and he decided this was his only way to jump to the foreground?

Under normal circumstance, this would be nuts. But the Kardashians don't operate under normal circumstance.

Is this the public version of Randy Marsh turning himself into a dolphin?

I still don't understand why he's going public like this. Other than these people just love the attention. It looks to me like all of them just live being on camera.
    because getting in front of the story is important for quality of life. if he didn't go public, his face would be on the front of every tabloid in every store in North America for months, speculating on this and that, and believe it or not, north americans, LOTS OF THEM, are dumb enough to believe that shit. so putting all the facts out there from the get-go is the smartest move.

www.headstonesband.com

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661

Jason P said:

What if he was feeling pressure because his Kardashian Clan was leaving him in the background (divorce) and he decided this was his only way to jump to the foreground?

Under normal circumstance, this would be nuts. But the Kardashians don't operate under normal circumstance.

I still don't understand why he's going public like this. Other than these people just love the attention. It looks to me like all of them just live being on camera.
    because getting in front of the story is important for quality of life. if he didn't go public, his face would be on the front of every tabloid in every store in North America for months, speculating on this and that, and believe it or not, north americans, LOTS OF THEM, are dumb enough to believe that shit. so putting all the facts out there from the get-go is the smartest move.

There are other ways to be a role model to a group of people other than putting yourself in front of a camera. Jenner has stated that she doesn't want the attention. I can understand that. But not after a Diane Sawyer interview, a vanity fair cover shoot, and new Twitter account. Seems she is getting the opposite of what she wants.
    Question - I caught a bit of video taken during (or after?) the shoot. How has there been no change in voice? I thought hormone therapy has been in place for awhile.

Jason P said:

There are other ways to be a role model to a group of people other than putting yourself in front of a camera. Jenner has stated that she doesn't want the attention. I can understand that. But not after a Diane Sawyer interview, a vanity fair cover shoot, and new Twitter account. Seems she is getting the opposite of what she wants.
    yeah, i was a little surprised at the vanity fair thing. maybe she's surprised at the amount of positive coverage it's getting? who knows.

www.headstonesband.com

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Reality TV baffles me. I guess I haven't thought about it enough to try to make sense of it. The people portrayed have to enjoy both the intrusion on their lives and the money it pays and I guess viewers are reassured when they can think "At least I'm not like them!" I don't have cable/satellite/whatever so I miss out on lot, lol.

Anyway, I hope that Jenner's very public journey will benefit others, either those going through gender identity issues or creating a greater understanding among the general public. I'm wondering if people will think that all this is great if you're rich and famous and can afford the multiple treatments and surgeries. I've only met a few transgender people and it was clear that their lives were difficult in many ways.

I'd really like to learn more about all this but I'm not sure where to start. Probably not with a TV show.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."

Reality TV baffles me. I guess I haven't thought about it enough to try to make sense of it. The people portrayed have to enjoy both the intrusion on their lives and the money it pays and I guess viewers are reassured when they can think "At least I'm not like them!" I don't have cable/satellite/whatever so I miss out on lot, lol.

Anyway, I hope that Jenner's very public journey will benefit others, either those going through gender identity issues or creating a greater understanding among the general public. I'm wondering if people will think that all this is great if you're rich and famous and can afford the multiple treatments and surgeries. I've only met a few transgender people and it was clear that their lives were difficult in many ways.

I'd really like to learn more about all this but I'm not sure where to start. Probably not with a TV show.

yeah, I have never watched reality tv , except survivor, but to me that was more of a competition show. and haven't watched it in years. and I don't think people really seem to get the intrusion factor. some of the contestants on survivor, for instance, say that after even just a few minutes of the cameras being around, you don't even realize it. I don't think it becomes real to them until they see it on tv, and how it's edited to make them seem this way or that way. I remember in the 90's, there was this one guy that brought his video camera to all parties, and for a while people hammed it up in front of it, but after a while it was just another part of the room. no one acted any different (until drunk, then everyone was a comedian-myself included). it was just an extension of his face. I would think it's the same with reality tv.

www.headstonesband.com

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822

Jason P said:

yeah, i was a little surprised at the vanity fair thing. maybe she's surprised at the amount of positive coverage it's getting? who knows.

Yep. People are calling her a hero for doing this in the public eye. While it may be helpful to some out there that are struggling with something similar, Jenner will make millions off of this. It's why I can't stand that entire family....they'll exploit anything for money.

Jason P said:

Yep. People are calling her a hero for doing this in the public eye. While it may be helpful to some out there that are struggling with something similar, Jenner will make millions off of this. It's why I can't stand that entire family....they'll exploit anything for money.
    I do hope this helps people who need it. Including Caitlyn. However - my husband heard someone comparing Caitlyn to Jackie Robinson. No. I don't think so. (Jackie in a cheesecake shot on a Vanity Fair cover and doing a reality show?)

Jason P said:

well, maybe, but it's also just as possible that she's doing this for the "right" reasons and the money she will probably make is just gravy.

I think anyone who needs the eternal spotlight of a reality show has some issues, more than just "we want money", and I kind of feel sad for people like that, but whatever.

I will never understand the draw of watching other people, these people that are famous for being famous, on tv. I find that almost as bizarre as wanting to be on the show.

www.headstonesband.com

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Enkidu said:

I do hope this helps people who need it. Including Caitlyn. However - my husband heard someone comparing Caitlyn to Jackie Robinson. No. I don't think so. (Jackie in a cheesecake shot on a Vanity Fair cover and doing a reality show?)

I'm a little flabbergasted that she's receiving the Arthur Ashe award. Yes, she is brave in a sense to do all this in the public eye, but for people like me who remember Arthur Ashe and what a humanitarian he was, working to end apartheid in South Africa, only going public with his AIDS diagnosis because he was being outed by a newspaper and then fighting to make improvements in care--I just can't make the comparison.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    It's funny that some people still people still believe reality shows are real and not scripted. So who knows what's true and what's not on these shows? That new show on Lifetime, UnReal, is a fictionalized version of The Bachelor, co-written by a woman who worked on The Bachelor so that could be interesting.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    I have an issue with the hero thing as well. While if Caitlyn is doing this publicly to bring awareness to the way transgenders are treated and their struggle she is doing something commendable. Firefighters, police and our military are hero's.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle