Bruce Jenner - WTF?????????????????

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    I guess the show isn't stupid enough to get the good ratings. It has to be more pointless and shallow to attract the size of audience she was hoping for.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    PJ_Soul said:

I guess the show isn't stupid enough to get the good ratings. It has to be more pointless and shallow to attract the size of audience she was hoping for.

So does that include his transgendered audience?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,768
    So OP are you gonna change the title now to Caitlyn Jenner WTF???????????
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    PJ_Soul said:

How much more shallow and pointless can you get?
    edited August 2015

PJ_Soul said:

Seriously? Compared to The Kardashians, I Am Cait is like watching the BBC, lol. I Am Cait has a pretty focused theme (acceptance and understanding for transgendered people and their struggles), served up with a helping of Caitlyn's personal experiences while she transitions. That doesn't translate for those used to the other show, which is just a bunch of idiots running around blabbing about nothing.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited August 2015
    FoxyRedLa said:

PJ_Soul said:

Huh?
    What I meant was that she was probably thinking the massive Kardashian audience would transfer over. But it didn't, because her show isn't stupid and vapid enough for most of them. To many messages about social change and support for people and stuff like that. The message is too positive and focused for most of the Kardashian audience.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Seriously? Compared to The Kardashians, I Am Cait is like watching the BBC, lol. I Am Cait has a pretty focused theme (acceptance and understanding for transgendered people and their struggles), served up with a helping of Caitlyn's personal experiences while she transitions. That doesn't translate for those used to the other show, which is just a bunch of idiots running around blabbing about nothing.
    You can't defend this show. I don't care what the theme is. Doesn't make it good. Or not as bad as other reality tv. You don't lose over half of your audience in one week if the show is good.
    http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/04/caitlyn-jenner-ratings

I can defend it.
    I didn't say the show was good. I said it has a positive and helpful message.
    PJ_Soul said:

FoxyRedLa said:

PJ_Soul said:

Huh?
    What I meant was that she was probably thinking the massive Kardashian audience would transfer over. But it didn't, because her show isn't stupid and vapid enough for most of them. To many messages about social change and support for people and stuff like that. The message is too positive and focused for most of the Kardashian audience.
    I knew what you meant.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,768
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    ^^^ Co workers were talking about this today.
    edited August 2015
    Haha! Would come in 2nd for craziest plan, right after the Twinkie defense (which totally worked!). :tongue:
    Rumor has it Bruce now regrets becoming a woman.

Supposedly he told Hussler he loves p*ssy.
    FoxyRedLa said:

Rumor has it Bruce now regrets becoming a woman.

Supposedly he told Hussler he loves p*ssy.

Ummmmmmmm what? She wasn't a gay man. Why would she suddenly be into men just because she transitioned to a woman? That simply makes her a lesbian or bi.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    I thought he was bi-sexual and transgendered, which means he gender identifies as a woman, but is sexually attracted to both women and men.
    www.cluthelee.com

I thought he was bi-sexual and transgendered, which means he gender identifies as a woman, but is sexually attracted to both women and men.

I didn't catch if he's attracted to men as well as women, but I'll take your word for it. I don't see what difference it makes either way. Foxy, I don't understand why you posted that.
    I was a little suprised by the vulgarity - like he's now trying to act like a man.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,896
    oy.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Caitlyn Jenner: The Emperor has been expecting you.
    Kim Kardashian: I know, mother.
    Caitlyn Jenner: So, you have accepted the truth?
    Kim Kardashian: I've accepted the truth that you were once Bruce Jenner, my father.
    Caitlyn Jenner: [firmly] That name no longer has any meaning for me!
    Kim Kardashian: It is the name of your true self. You've only forgotten. I know there is male in you. The Emperor hasn't driven it from you fully. [steps off to the side of the passageway, away from Jenner] That was why you couldn't destroy me. That's why you won't bring me to your Emperor now.

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    FoxyRedLa said:

I was a little suprised by the vulgarity - like he's now trying to act like a man.

What in the fuck are you talking about? :confused: I have never seen you post anything so strange before.
    edited November 2015
    I'm sorry. :frowning: I apparently offended or something. I honestly read it in the rag mags and was just blown away that he all of a sudden changed his mind and then for him to use such choice words was mind boggling.

I honestly was just posting what he said and I thought it was jacked up.

What he supposedly said.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,896
    OP, here.....still a publicity stunt, if you ask me.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Was wondering what the women on here think about Bruce being named woman of the year when he hasn't been a "woman" for a year yet. Isn't that a bit of a slap in the face of women?
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

Was wondering what the women on here think about Bruce being named woman of the year when he hasn't been a "woman" for a year yet. Isn't that a bit of a slap in the face of women?

Women get far more significant slaps in the face all the time. This is meaningless. I don't know who would take an award like this seriously.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237

Was wondering what the women on here think about Bruce being named woman of the year when he hasn't been a "woman" for a year yet. Isn't that a bit of a slap in the face of women?

He's been an 'out' woman for a year. Says he's been female for as long as he can remember.
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited November 2015

Nope. I think she's doing actual, tangible good in the world for the LGBT community and for society in general now. And to be able to do that after crawling out of the Kardashian shit pile just makes it that much more impressive.
    And yeah, he's been a woman inside all his life. He only started to LOOK like one in the past year. Makes no difference to me. It's very brave to make that kind of change so late in life.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    PJ_Soul said:

Nope. I think she's doing actual, tangible good in the world for the LGBT community and for society in general now. And to be able to do that after crawling out of the Kardashian shit pile just makes it that much more impressive.
    And yeah, he's been a woman inside all his life. He only started to LOOK like one in the past year. Makes no difference to me. It's very brave to make that kind of change so late in life.
    Crawling out of the pile??? Jenner has gone full Kardashian. Can't avoid Jenner if I wanted to, just like the goddamn Kardashians.
    Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Crawling out of the pile??? Jenner has gone full Kardashian. Can't avoid Jenner if I wanted to, just like the goddamn Kardashians.
    Well she does have two kids who are Kardashians.... But anyway, I don't give a flying fuck about that family. I think of Jenner's work for the LGBT community completely separate from that. It is a real shame that that aspect of her is getting in the way of the good and valuable work she's doing. I am personally capable of seeing it as something completely departed from the stupid Kardashians, who I don't care about either way. I neither hate them nor like them. I just don't care.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    edited November 2015
    Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

I haven't seen a thing on her since all the major news. I mean it is certainly all over the place but not in the website I visit, things I read or watch on TV