Philly I & II, 16
Denver 22

Comments

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    edited February 2015
    Strange dude, no doubt

Edit-dude-et?
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Not gonna judge, some people are forced to live a straight life due to religious, family, or social reasons...it sucks, but if that is what makes him/her happy then so be it.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Whew. Kanye is fine with it. Thank Yeezus for that.

Actually, I don't give a fuck what Kanye thinks. (But that's for a yet-to-be-started thread)
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Who is to say I wouldn't do the same thing if I was perpetually stuck within that clan?

Although, I'd probably opt to live in a treehouse for a few months before going that far.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,896
    I'm thinking some other D-lister....maybe David Hasslehoff.....will hook up with the new Bruce.

I'm sorry....I see pathetic publicity stunt.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    RKCNDY wrote: »
    Not gonna judge, some people are forced to live a straight life due to religious, family, or social reasons...it sucks, but if that is what makes him/her happy then so be it.
    I'm leaning this way as well.

But, I don't understand the hype associated with it. If you really want to go through this and share it with others beyond your family, your close circle...why not just make a statement or something? I anticipate being bombarded with promos for the interview with Sawyer that's to take place THREE MONTHS from now.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Well, the no-publicity thing was never going to fly. There has been speculation and salacious magazine covers for quite some time. Better to put it out there yourself and control the message than let others control it.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Oh, I totally agree. That's why I thought it odd to do some big to-do with all of the pre-publicity, vs. just saying it in his own words.
  • If this is who he wants to be than more power to him. I'm assuming he's going all the way with this. I don't think even the Kardashian clan would go so far as to have his manhood reverse sausaged and pushed inside him inside out as a publicity stunt. Out wait, they actually might.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Who is Bruce Jenner?

bfff
    kce8 wrote: »
    Who is Bruce Jenner?

bfff

greatest US decathlete in Olympic history....soon to be competing in the heptathlon.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited February 2015
    He is obviously transgendered and is finally coming out. Good for him. Too bad he didn't do it earlier. He probably would have enjoyed more happiness in life.
    I don't think that anything negative should be said about this, since it crosses into the zone of intolerance.
    And I definitely don't think it has anything to do with him wanting to stay in the news. He is already a celebrity, and so is family, so obviously he has to speak out about it, and even if he didn't, the fact that he's into being a celebrity has nothing to do with his sexual orientation ... and honestly, it's good for all. It will hopefully further people's understanding of transgendered people, how they arrive to their decisions, etc. I actually find the teasing about it offensive.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Jimmy Kimmel was funny last night. They had a "reporter" go out on the street and ask people what they thought and when they would say something like, "he should do what makes him happy," the reporter would correct them and say "she." And is they said "she" the reporter would correct them with "he." lol
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    hedonist wrote: »
    RKCNDY wrote: »
    I'm leaning this way as well.

But, I don't understand the hype associated with it. If you really want to go through this and share it with others beyond your family, your close circle...why not just make a statement or something? I anticipate being bombarded with promos for the interview with Sawyer that's to take place THREE MONTHS from now.

I dunno, maybe so as to not 'shock' the general public? Maybe this is the advice of his manager?

When Chastity Bono changed to Chaz, what happened there? I cannot remember, interview with Babs? Book? She's the only other celebrity transformation I can recall.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    I think - not sure though - that she'd been living openly as a man (and I'm not sure of the correct term for this) before going through the surgery.

In the end, he's gotta do whatever will bring him peace of mind. Just so strange to me how this, among other things, are spun.
    PJ_Soul wrote: »
    He is obviously transgendered and is finally coming out. Good for him. Too bad he didn't do it earlier. He probably would have enjoyed more happiness in life.
    I don't think that anything negative should be said about this, since it crosses into the zone of intolerance.
    And I definitely don't think it has anything to do with him wanting to stay in the news. He is already a celebrity, and so is family, so obviously he has to speak out about it, and even if he didn't, the fact that he's into being a celebrity has nothing to do with his sexual orientation ... and honestly, it's good for all. It will hopefully further people's understanding of transgendered people, how they arrive to their decisions, etc. I actually find the teasing about it offensive.

I totally appreciate that viewpoint. I'm actually a pretty tolerant dude.

I've also been made skeptical by all my years (many, huh RKCNDY?) in this world. I'll try to remain open minded, but my very first thought when I heard this was.....publicity.

I don't know much about transgender.....are you born into it or can it develop? Because if Bruce has always been this way, he certainly gave no clues when he was an Olympian. I blame the kardashians.

Truly, pj_soul, I know you're cool....sorry to offend.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,178
    Who does this shit at 60 something yrs old ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144

I was going to write something similar to this, but I wouldn't do this post justice if I tried!
    Let's just let people make their own decisions and try to be happy with themselves. He probably did not do this long ago because he was scared to get the reaction he's currently getting.

severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    Who does this shit at 60 something yrs old ...

Bruce Jenner :)
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    imalive wrote: »

I totally appreciate that viewpoint. I'm actually a pretty tolerant dude.

I've also been made skeptical by all my years (many, huh RKCNDY?) in this world. I'll try to remain open minded, but my very first thought when I heard this was.....publicity.

I don't know much about transgender.....are you born into it or can it develop? Because if Bruce has always been this way, he certainly gave no clues when he was an Olympian. I blame the kardashians.

Truly, pj_soul, I know you're cool....sorry to offend.

You didn't offend me imalive! I only meant the teasing I've been hearing and reading in general. I didn't feel like your post was teasing really.
    As far as how transgenderism develops... I guess that's still up for debate! I personally believe that people are born with their sexual identity, and I've known people where that was clearly the case, but I'm no expert. I have also known people who came out with their real sexual identity late in life, and those who have come out of the closet when no one ever suspected they were gay or were struggling with that issue for years, so I don't think what it looked or seemed like when he was younger would be any reflection of anything. People can be very good at hiding things sometimes, and even really good at keeping themselves in denial. Seems to me that Jenner just finally found whatever strength he needed to be who he really is.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    imalive wrote: »
    I'm thinking some other D-lister....maybe David Hasslehoff.....will hook up with the new Bruce.

I'm sorry....I see pathetic publicity stunt.

Huh? You don't turn yourself into a woman for a publicity stunt. Hahaha

www.myspace.com
  • PJ_Soul wrote: »
    Very well said.
    And about him not getting this out earlier? Well, he is from a different generation. There were lots of gay movie stars in old Hollywood times too, who were opennly gay within their community but not allowed to be due to contracts with studios etc etc... I hope Bruce Jenner comes out as a happier person and wish him all the best.

The Diane Sawyer interview is tonight.
    I'm watching. I don't give a fuck about his family, but he was a really big deal in my family as a runner, since my dad was also a very competitive runner, so I was always pretty aware of the whole sport, attended a lot of track events, etc. Plus I am completely fascinated by any man who chooses to come out like this so late in life, especially a famous one who can really impact perceptions and rightly when it comes to Transgenders. I find this story relevant, not juicy.
  • I will not watch it. I support him if this makes him happy. We should all strive to find 'our true self'. If he was doing this for free and truly wanted to help the cause I could support all the publicity. Sadly I am sure he is getting paid well and his publicist or he himself has turned this into a cash grab which feels wrong.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    edited April 2015
    cdysinge said:

I will not watch it. I support him if this makes him happy. We should all strive to find 'our true self'. If he was doing this for free and truly wanted to help the cause I could support all the publicity. Sadly I am sure he is getting paid well and his publicist or he himself has turned this into a cash grab which feels wrong.

I have no idea of he's getting paid... He is very famous though, so that there would be an interview about it seems a given. If he is getting paid, it's not with my money, so don't care. But the interview will reach millions, and therefore might teach some people what it's all about, and perhaps generate some compassion and understanding where it's previously been lacking, which is a good thing IMO.
    (Btw, if I could earn $1M or something in 2 hours, I'd do it too).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    She's a big Astros fan
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • She's a big Astros fan

Used to be a Giants fan...then converted.
  • What's the girl name-version for Bruce?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329

She's a big Astros fan

Used to be a Giants fan...then converted.
    tehehehe
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015