Bruce Jenner - WTF?????????????????

14567810»

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Either way, I have no problem seeing someone all over the news for doing good work that betters society, which is now what Jenner is doing. Sure, some rags come up with other shit, but no one should blame her for that crap. Blame yourselves for looking at it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,524
    I just can't get on board with it. the most glowing example of how odd it is, is the woman who saved several people on 9/11 and died in the process and got that award. Sure, the award is from a stupid magazine. But at the time the husband and family of that women probably thought it was an honour. it could be argued that Jenner may be making strides for trans people, but even a good portion of THEM think what she's doing is disingenuous, being so out of touch with the REAL issues of trans people who aren't rich and famous.

I wouldn't call what she's doing brave. I think brave is doing something for good without possibility of personal gain. Jenner is capitalizing, monetarily as well as famously, on this situation.

I applaud anyone for being themselves, and doing this if this is who they are. But pretending like they are some hero to the community that they don't even really represent is a little ego-centric.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

edited November 2015
    I meant that it's brave to suddenly change genders when you're 65.

But I don't see why Jenner's financial situation or fame should prevent us from recognizing the good that's being done. I agree that Jenner doesn't necessarily represent everyone perfectly, but she does still represent them and helping society to be more accepting, and that positively affects all transgendered people, no matter the other differences.

I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen people slamming famous, rich black people who speak up for racial equality in America..... I'm thinking not. So why is that happening here? There is no difference.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

But I don't see why Jenner's financial situation or fame should prevent us from recognizing the good that's being done. I agree that Jenner doesn't necessarily represent everyone perfectly, but she does still represent them and helping society to be more accepting, and that positively affects all transgendered people, no matter the other differences.

I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen people slamming famous, rich black people who speak up for racial equality in America..... I'm thinking not. So why is that happening here? There is no difference.

because she is gaining from the situation. new reality show, magazine covers, awards, etc. if a black person who was rich but started a reality show about it, i'd say they were just as opportunistic as Jenner.

www.headstonesband.com

PJ_Soul said:

because she is gaining from the situation. new reality show, magazine covers, awards, etc. if a black person who was rich but started a reality show about it, i'd say they were just as opportunistic as Jenner.

I really don't give a flying fuck if someone is gaining from doing good. That doesn't erase the good it's doing.
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I really don't give a flying fuck if someone is gaining from doing good. That doesn't erase the good it's doing.
    you know what, you're right. in the other thread, you mentioned the others who have received the Glamour award. I read the one article about the woman's husband who returned her award, but I didn't properly vet the situation and realize who the award has gone to in the past, and consider why this guy might have an issue with it.

www.headstonesband.com

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,947

PJ_Soul said:

She's gaining from the situation, but the situation was present before Bruce decided to come out as Caitlin. The Kardashian's had been on for several years, and would still be going on as is if Bruce decided to not come out. I think the main factor for Caitlin to come out was a combo of her own age, and the age of his daughters. It didn't have anything to do with the show. I'm sure the producers saw a good opportunity, and then offered Caitlin a show deal. Why would someone turn down money by just being yourself?
    Read my post above yours.

www.headstonesband.com

• JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    its just an attention seeker
    no time for this unless she/he
    knows how to eradicate terrorism
    or something
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,432
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    wait it out, Caitlyn. I'm sure transitioning isn't easy for anyone, especially in the public eye.

www.headstonesband.com

edited May 2016

wait it out, Caitlyn. I'm sure transitioning isn't easy for anyone, especially in the public eye.

Not sure if you're being facetious, but in case you're not, she doesn't regret anything. That is a story about some gossip rag trash story being denied by her.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i'll say it again
    jenner's a pain in the ass
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,432
    PJ_Soul said:

Not sure if you're being facetious, but in case you're not, she doesn't regret anything. That is a story about some gossip rag trash story being denied by her.
    yeah I can't believe CBS ran with it....pretty careless
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    PJ_Soul said:

I wasn't being facetious at all.

Brutal.

www.headstonesband.com