Bruce Jenner - WTF?????????????????

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,798
    PJ_Soul said:

He is obviously transgendered and is finally coming out. Good for him. Too bad he didn't do it earlier. He probably would have enjoyed more happiness in life.

I don't think that anything negative should be said about this, since it crosses into the zone of intolerance.

And I definitely don't think it has anything to do with him wanting to stay in the news. He is already a celebrity, and so is family, so obviously he has to speak out about it, and even if he didn't, the fact that he's into being a celebrity has nothing to do with his sexual orientation ... and honestly, it's good for all. It will hopefully further people's understanding of transgendered people, how they arrive to their decisions, etc. I actually find the teasing about it offensive.

It is not something I can relate to, but knowing a lot of people who hid their sexual orientation for years, it breaks my heart thinking of the pain they endured. Going through life feeling society's pressure to be what others expect of you, when in situations like this, or being gay, is so reviled, is sad. All i can say is,Iove who you love, do what you feel is right for you.

It's your life.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,627
    edited April 2015
    Just think, he/she could possibly have set both men's and women's Olympic records!

But seriously, I have no problem with this. The publicity thing is definitely a bit much and it seems a bit odd to me but if it makes him feel better, good for him/her.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• What's the girl name-version for Bruce?

She is now Belinda.

Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Well damn... same theory stands as... but after watching only 20 minutes, I will also say that Bruce Jenner has become a really unlikeable person, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    So he used to be a runner?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    edited April 2015
    ldent42 said:

So he used to be a runner?

Amonv other things. He was huge. Won the decathlon at the Olympics in 1976 and was an immediate sports superstar.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul said:

Well damn... same theory stands as... but after watching only 20 minutes, I will also say that Bruce Jenner has become a really unlikeable person, lol.

Why?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

Why?
    Well, it got better as the thing went on. A bit grating, but still...

The show did it's job I think.
    PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

Why?

I suppose he came off as a little 'haughty' or standoff-ish...but I'm glad his older kids were in the interview to support him. Kris is a bitch to have 'no comment', she knew, he told her.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

Why?

I suppose he came off as a little 'haughty' or standoff-ish...but I'm glad his older kids were in the interview to support him. Kris is a bitch to have 'no comment', she knew, he told her.
    good point conny
    www.myspace.com
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    I so don't care. I don't know why anyone else other than his family does either.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    What if he was feeling pressure because his Kardashian Clan was leaving him in the background (divorce) and he decided this was his only way to jump to the foreground?

Under normal circumstance, this would be nuts. But the Kardashians don't operate under normal circumstance.

Is this the public version of Randy Marsh turning himself into a dolphin?
    Jason P said:

What if he was feeling pressure because his Kardashian Clan was leaving him in the background (divorce) and he decided this was his only way to jump to the foreground?

Under normal circumstance, this would be nuts. But the Kardashians don't operate under normal circumstance.

Is this the public version of Randy Marsh turning himself into a dolphin?

I still don't understand why he's going public like this. Other than these people just love the attention. It looks to me like all of them just live being on camera.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I can't, in good conscience, poke fun at him for his choice. How is it ok to embrace kids who choose similarly, have separate school bathrooms provided while still transitioning, etc. - all wonderfully open-minded gestures...but it's not ok when it's a grown man? What if a grown woman?

Is it not strange how this man's business has seeped into our lives? ...maybe not.

And yeah, Last-12 - it's not unheard of or impossible to undertake such drastic life changes without a fucking television interview.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Maybe he just wanted to end the media speculation and make a clear cut to silence all the bullshit theories?
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    I agree with last 12. I don't care. It's none of my business.

Why is it such a big deal if someone doesn't agree with his life choices. They're automatically intolerant? An opinion isn't just an opinion anymore?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    I don't know, Leeze...all of the BS hype surrounding it and the build-up makes me doubt that. He could've written an open letter or something of the sort.

It doesn't affect me in the end but strikes me as strange. His path, though.
    Didn't Chaz do an interview as well?

- Christopher McCandless
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    He is the most well known person to ever do this and has been a household name for the better part of 40 years, of course it is going to be a big deal regardless of whether he did the interview or not.

And if it helps others, more power to him. If you don't want to pay attention to it don't but I am sure it is doing a lot more good for a ton of people than it is annoying some of you. I could never imagine that feeling.

He is the most well known person to ever do this and has been a household name for the better part of 40 years, of course it is going to be a big deal regardless of whether he did the interview or not.

And if it helps others, more power to him. If you don't want to pay attention to it don't but I am sure it is doing a lot more good for a ton of people than it is annoying some of you. I could never imagine that feeling.

It's not that it's annoying me that he did it. What's annoying is that it appears he was forced to do this interview because people have to know everyone elses business. Plus, that entire family seems to always want to be on tv.

I so don't care. I don't know why anyone else other than his family does either.

It matters a lot to transgendered people and acceptance of them in society. And i care about that a lot. Pretty simple. I don't care about Bruce Jenner personally. I care about what him doing this can mean to other people in struggle for equality.
    edited April 2015
    hedonist said:

I don't know, Leeze...all of the BS hype surrounding it and the build-up makes me doubt that. He could've written an open letter or something of the sort.

The interview was more a documentary on the struggle of transgendered people. It was a worthwhile program for sure.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    edited April 2015
    I support anyone to do whatever they want to make them happy as long as it's not harming anyone else.....good for you Bruce

What is disturbing is he clearly caused an accident killing an innocent woman....ok ok accident is the key word.

But then a few days later he is caught texting while driving? That's fucking dumb. Seriously shows that he is that stupid to think he isn't being watched, or that he don't care, I'm a celeb attitude.

I hope that investigation really gets to the bottom of what caused it I.E. texting.....and if so it doesn't just end in a civil settlement but some jail time

Again good for Bruce for helping others with his personnel struggles
    Shame on him with his Blaise attitude regarding probably causing a lose of life due to selfish stupidity
    Post edited by CROJAM95 on
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,768
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

The interview was more a documentary on the struggle of transgendered people. It was a worthwhile program for sure.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

Fair enough - I didn't watch the show (though forced to see the many promos!), so my view on how it was presented in itself was limited.

CROJAM, had no idea about the texting hooha, especially in light of that horrific accident.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    I didn't watch the show either. Sounds interesting. Well, I wish him all the best.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,896

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

Why?

good point conny

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ^^^^^^^^^^^Fail. Her name is spelled Connie. Try again Rin if you think a couple of letters means nothing :).
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Rin =)

She and Maury seem like an odd couple.

Would've been great if she'd taken his last name - it'd be the bizarro version of that Seinfeld with Donna Chang.
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    hedonist wrote: »
    Rin =)

She and Maury seem like an odd couple.

Would've been great if she'd taken his last name - it'd be the bizarro version of that Seinfeld with Donna Chang.

...or if he had taken her name. Maury Chung!! :smiley: