Bruce Jenner - WTF?????????????????

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    *Maury Chungstein :pensive:
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    I support his decision just not the fact that he's part of a family that is what's wrong with American culture today.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I support his decision. Totally. But... please don't go crying about how the publicity is making you crazy and you need your privacy and then you choose to be on the fucking cover of Vanity Fair. And you do Diane Sawyer interviews. And isn't there going to be a reality series?

The whole family - they're publicity whores. Loathsome.
    ^^^ I agree. If you need to do something to be at peace with yourself, you are doing it for *you*...not everybody else.

I only see the benefit of doing a TV show for those curious about the trans community-it helps answer questions and makes it easier to understand, though it should be in more of a documentary format and not on E! or whatever.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

^^^ I agree. If you need to do something to be at peace with yourself, you are doing it for *you*...not everybody else.

I only see the benefit of doing a TV show for those curious about the trans community-it helps answer questions and makes it easier to understand, though it should be in more of a documentary format and not on E! or whatever.

I agree - I would love a real show about the trans community. But the Jenner/Kardashian clan- maybe I'm just too cynical, but I think they're bullshit. Why can't they go away?

Give me Transparent. Or, like you said, a good documentary.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    someone had posted the cover on social media captioned 'bruce jenner is a better looking woman than i am' which made me laugh, because I wonder how long it'll be before the pre-editing shots are released to show how much they were altered for the cover. lol
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    I am jelly that some trans guys can apply their make-up better then I can apply my own make-up. I've spent hours in the mirror, I go to Sephora and the girls will do half my face perfect, then tell me to do it on the other side myself, but I don't get it right, and they make me leave looking like I'm quasimodo...I really hate make-up. Nail polish is fine, people don't usually notice that.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    Dude is pathetic and a fucking joke. Attention WHORE!!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,898
    ^^^^^^

two things: I'm cracking up, picturing RKCNDY's half and half face

and......bruce jenner is hot!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Bruce's pics this morning....were to say the least....surprising, I was kinda shocked at how pretty of a woman he makes....explains all the plastic surgery over the last few years too....

I kinda think he looks like he could be Brook Shield's mother....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Bruce Jenner is not a pretty woman. Good for him that he is courageous enough to do what he's doing. But that was not pretty.
    PJSiren said:

Bruce's pics this morning....were to say the least....surprising, I was kinda shocked at how pretty of a woman he makes....explains all the plastic surgery over the last few years too....

I kinda think he looks like he could be Brook Shield's mother....

I'd like to see Bruce/Caitlyn minus the airbrushing and photoshop - I bet she doesn't look quite so good.

My husband pointed out Bruce/Caitlyn is 65 years old.
    His arms looked like he was burned very badly
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,768

someone posted on facebook that he kinda looks like eddie vedder :wink:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    edited June 2015
    I agree with some of the earlier comments, and it's interestingly ironic that we're talking the cover of Vanity Fair.

The choices s/he's making have zero effect on my life; however, if others who're struggling on their own paths encounter help, compassion or comfort through all of this, great.

That said - and no offense to any Caitlyn's out there, but...Caitlyn?

The name makes me envision a nubile teen prancing slo-mo through a field of sunflowers.
    ^^^ and that same teen works at Hooters...wonder why he didn't spell it with a 'K'...

- Christopher McCandless

gotta quit calling her "he."

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

also, gotta get off faceturd.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

I wonder which asshole did that!
    imalive said:

my bad

also I'm not really buying what she looks like now. Come on in how ever many months in between the interview and the photo shoot she went from that to this?

Lot of photoshopping and make-up i'm sure, especially up top. I highly doubt she got a boob job in that amount of time. The paparazzi would have been all over that shit! More power to her though if that's what makes her happy, cool.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited June 2015
    Enkidu said:

I support his decision. Totally. But... please don't go crying about how the publicity is making you crazy and you need your privacy and then you choose to be on the fucking cover of Vanity Fair. And you do Diane Sawyer interviews. And isn't there going to be a reality series?

The whole family - they're publicity whores. Loathsome.

But he's specifically doing it for other people as well. He's made a lot of comments about how he wants to do this publicly so that he can hopefully help others going through the same things he's gone through, and he's probably going to do a speaking tour and shit like that all toward acceptance of and help for the transgendered community. So that he's doing it so publicly is actually a good thing, and purposeful. If he's complaining at all (I haven't heard him doing so), it's probably about the tabloids making shit up.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited June 2015

imalive said:

my bad

also I'm not really buying what she looks like now. Come on in how ever many months in between the interview and the photo shoot she went from that to this?

Lot of photoshopping and make-up i'm sure, especially up top. I highly doubt she got a boob job in that amount of time. The paparazzi would have been all over that shit! More power to her though if that's what makes her happy, cool.
    No need for a boob job. He's been taking hormones and has grown his own! :)
    But yeah, tons of photoshop at any rate! But fwiw, that top photo is him without make-up or anything. That is him as a man, not a woman. And yes, she's had some plastic surgery on her face since then.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Just heard that Jenner is accepting the arther (sp) Ashe courage award at the espys. That ought to be an interesting response. Not all athletes are liberals.
    PJ_Soul said:

imalive said:

my bad

No need for a boob job. He's been taking hormones and has grown his own! :)
    But yeah, tons of photoshop at any rate! But fwiw, that top photo is him without make-up or anything. That is him as a man, not a woman. And yes, she's had some plastic surgery on her face since then.
    i guess, kinda hard to tell i guess since he was wearing long "baggy" clothing as a guy.

I know the top photo was him as a "guy". Although she was still going through the process/transition at that time. She could have given the interview as a woman if she wanted to i think, Guess i misworded my words.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

Just heard that Jenner is accepting the arther (sp) Ashe courage award at the espys. That ought to be an interesting response. Not all athletes are liberals.

Jenner is a republican.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    edited June 2015
    HE is pathetic. The social acceptance of this is atrocious. Whatever HE chooses to do is fine, and HIS choice. Same as I have the same choice, to approve or disapprove. I really do not care what HE does, but I should be able to say i disagree with it and not be ridiculed as well.

And awareness for transgender people? That's a joke. If I decide to wear men's clothes, does that make me a man? It doesn't. Same thing goes for transgender people. Your a woman or a man. If you want to be addressed differently, then make the commitment and go all the way.

I don't care, if I see a man in the woman's restroom I'm pepper spraying his ass and calling the cops.
    Supposedly Caitlin will go through with surgery.

...and transgender is different from cross-dressing.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

Jenner is a republican.
    Ok. Not all athletes are liberals
    edited June 2015

I don't care, if I see a man in the woman's restroom I'm pepper spraying his ass and calling the cops.

that is if you can tell they are a man. There are some that look real good.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC