legalized marijuana thread

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Anyone catch The Layover (Anthony Bourdain) in Amsterdam? Holy shit I laughed so hard at a few scenes in this show....the karaoke ambush was too funny.
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xo2kqz_the-layover-s01e07-amterdam_travel
    Haven't seen this one, but I love the dude and will search it out.

cdy, the prices here are pretty consistent (with sales tax added on - OK by me), and both places I frequent offer special deals - wax, plant, pre-roll, free eighth, etc.

Offers I can't refuse! Though have yet to try my hand at a plant or attempt to wax.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Vaping is awful it raises your resistance so much it is hard to get the same high smoking pot afterwards

Isn't that why people vape? To stop smoking it?

some people vape to quit tobacco.

If one vapes THC oil in public, the oil looks exactly like tobacco oil...so, nobody is the wiser. .

I prefer oil over flowers.

Just got reminded i need to make rice krispie treats...sorry, I've been sick the last few weeks. I didn't forget ;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • I vaped to quit tobacco and it was the best thing I did the last few years. My general health is much better now. No more hawking loogies into the sink after brushing teeth. No more bronchitis. No more sinus infections.

I bought my wife the attachment for my ecig mod with hopes she (and me of course, buying it for her is an excuse) will be able to smoke out in public. Although it vapes dry herb and concentrates which of course have an odor it shouldn't be too bad if vaped right and not burned. I would love to try the oils as I already have all the equipment to do it but I'm a big time strain snob. I have about 20-25 strains I prefer and I can't find it in those strains. Only stupid blue dream is available here by me that isnt a Indica or Hybrid.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Does anyone here grow their own?
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    I believe the stuff has medicinal properties as it wasn't meant to be created for nothing, but I don't believe smoking anything is healthy for you, think cake, biscuits, tea or straight oil is better method, if it's legalised I would take it if it was proven to help me with something or just pleasure
    Science proves smoking pot isn't that bad:

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2015/01/22/3614459/new-pot-research/

*notice the '.org' in the website
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    RKCNDY wrote: »

Is the notice the .org part sarcastic? Having .org in the website doesn't make it legitimate or factual.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    "While researchers found that marijuana users who smoked joints reported coughing and a sore throat, symptoms of bronchitis, they attributed them to the use of rolling papers, especially since those who used vaporizers reported similar problems less often."

Did it really take a study to figure out that if you put smoke into your lungs, tobacco or weed, that it would cause bronchitis like symptoms more frequently that those who don't put smoke into their lungs?

I'm not bashing your ideology rckcndy, I agree with you. I just found that line to be stating the obvious.
  • I got the Yokan Mak a couple of days ago but havent been able to test it. Apparently you need these small glass discs to put in between the herb and the coil. It doesnt come standard and the site I bought it from didn't mention it. As soon as I got it I could tell something was wrong as the heating coil is exposed and touches the herb so it will just light it on fire instead of vaporizing it. The glass discs have small holes for air but adds a buffer between the two. Will update later this week once the discs get to my house on how it worked vaping dry herb. I will try and add a photo of the unit so you can see the size of it. It looks perfect to take to shows or out in public.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • cdysinge wrote: »
    I got the Yokan Mak a couple of days ago but havent been able to test it. Apparently you need these small glass discs to put in between the herb and the coil. It doesnt come standard and the site I bought it from didn't mention it. As soon as I got it I could tell something was wrong as the heating coil is exposed and touches the herb so it will just light it on fire instead of vaporizing it. The glass discs have small holes for air but adds a buffer between the two. Will update later this week once the discs get to my house on how it worked vaping dry herb. I will try and add a photo of the unit so you can see the size of it. It looks perfect to take to shows or out in public.

Cool. What did that run you? Including having to order the discs?
  • I got the Yokan for $11. I'm using an expensive batter that runs about $70 for it plus the rechargeable batteries inside but that level is not needed at all. It was one I wasnt using as an ecig anymore and had it sitting idle. You can get a good battery with all the parts that will run it for $20 to $30. You will want to make sure it is variable voltage or wattage as it needs a lot more heat to vape dry bud.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Thanks!
  • Yokan is a no go for dry herb as of this moment. Without the glass disc it wasnt getting enough air for a full hit. With the disc it makes it really hard to get one. I think concentrates may work better as there will be more space for the air to flow. I will also try with just a little bit of bud but so far not impressed.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

Is the notice the .org part sarcastic? Having .org in the website doesn't make it legitimate or factual.

some people tend to trust .org websites more than .com sites, being that .org are typically for non-profit, non-commercial purposes.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote: »
    Vaping is awful it raises your resistance so much it is hard to get the same high smoking pot afterwards

Isn't that why people vape? To stop smoking it?

some people vape to quit tobacco.

If one vapes THC oil in public, the oil looks exactly like tobacco oil...so, nobody is the wiser. .

I prefer oil over flowers.

Just got reminded i need to make rice krispie treats...sorry, I've been sick the last few weeks. I didn't forget ;)

Hahahaha! Speaking of edibles. So let me explain. I'm
    Living with my Dad and Step Mom, who helped me get into rehab, etc. they're letting me rent the basement, while I go to school to re-establish my degree, and get back to REAL work, real life.. ( thank GOD for having ONE good set of parents!!) so my Step Mom is highly allergic to any smoke, but Pot smoke is the worst for her. So I can't smoke. But my Dad is really being awesome about the fact that, yes it's legal, so he can only ask me not to do so at his house. However we agreed to edibles. So the other day, I'm sitting in the media room, and my Dad calls me upstairs. ( my SM is still at work, as is the roomate.)so I get up there, and he's recorded a good UFC fight he knows I wanted to see. It was the fight I missed going to Dallas and OKC in 13'. So he asks me to make popcorn, and then gets in the fridge, and says, this is for you.. Use this. And swear to god it was pot-butter!!! Lmao! So my dad and I ate pot-corn and watch people best the shot out of each other!! Lmao! I LOVE COLORADO!!
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859

Unless you grow your own vegetables or raise your own livestock you ingest mass amounts of chemicals into your body. Weed doesn't even come close to the harmful effects of the American food industry.

• eddiec wrote: »

Unless you grow your own vegetables or raise your own livestock you ingest mass amounts of chemicals into your body. Weed doesn't even come close to the harmful effects of the American food industry.

+100000000000
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Anyone ever buy from an online seed bank?
    eddiec said:

And that's why I get my product straight from the farm and will be starting my own veggie garden.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Posts: 8,639
    edited February 2015
    Tahoe OG Kush, Seattle, WA
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813

Tahoe OG Kush, Seattle, WA

did denver, must do seattle !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Are vape pens with CBD easy to find in CO?
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,630
    Thank you, millennials!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/14/marijuana-legalization-polls_n_7063768.html

Foes Of Marijuana Legalization Can't Like These New Numbers

Opponents of legalizing marijuana can't be happy about several new polls released Tuesday. Majority support for making cannabis legal is holding steady, while young adults are legalization's biggest fans. And that's true both nationally and in several swing states.

Nationally, 53 percent of Americans support legalization, according to a new Pew Research Center survey. Pew found essentially the same result, 54 percent in favor, in a similar poll last year.

Millennials are far more supportive than other voter demographic groups, according to Pew. Sixty-eight percent of those aged 18-34 support legalization, a full 16 points higher than the next most supportive demographic, those aged 35-50. An earlier Pew survey showed that the millennial demographic is significantly more supportive across party lines.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

I hope those folks are active in their support beyond a poll.

(and why, with these multitudes of polls on every and anything, have I never been approached? I'm approachable.)
  • hedonist said:

I hope those folks are active in their support beyond a poll.

(and why, with these multitudes of polls on every and anything, have I never been approached? I'm approachable.)

It's those degenerate associations we keep!!
  • I hope more states get this going. We need another 7-10 before the feds will take it seriously. Cali and AZ should go in the next couple of years as the next batch. AZ was close in the earlier 2000's to legalizing it. Next time it will pass.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • I sure hope so! It used to be before 1930, that hemp
    And hemp products were considered forms of tender. Really don't understand how it became such an 'evil'. ???
  • There is a great documentary on how it became illegal. I will try and find it and will post a link when I do. Essentially in the 1930's people got scared of the illegal population coming up from Mexico with their weed they were smoking. The government started a ploy where they claimed Mexicans were raping white women because of said weed and started a whole campaign around it to get the 'white' people to buy into making it illegal. Same type thing happened in the 1960's when usage was going way up and they started all the PSA's claiming parents were letting their small kids drown in bathtubs to get tougher laws enacted. That PSA is horrible. Its on Netflix if you can find it. As always it just goes to show our government is the biggest set of liars on the planet.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • cdysinge said:

There is a great documentary on how it became illegal. I will try and find it and will post a link when I do. Essentially in the 1930's people got scared of the illegal population coming up from Mexico with their weed they were smoking. The government started a ploy where they claimed Mexicans were raping white women because of said weed and started a whole campaign around it to get the 'white' people to buy into making it illegal. Same type thing happened in the 1960's when usage was going way up and they started all the PSA's claiming parents were letting their small kids drown in bathtubs to get tougher laws enacted. That PSA is horrible. Its on Netflix if you can find it. As always it just goes to show our government is the biggest set of liars on the planet.

Wow! Yeah please post that link when you find it!!
    cdysinge said:

There is a great documentary on how it became illegal. I will try and find it and will post a link when I do. Essentially in the 1930's people got scared of the illegal population coming up from Mexico with their weed they were smoking. The government started a ploy where they claimed Mexicans were raping white women because of said weed and started a whole campaign around it to get the 'white' people to buy into making it illegal. Same type thing happened in the 1960's when usage was going way up and they started all the PSA's claiming parents were letting their small kids drown in bathtubs to get tougher laws enacted. That PSA is horrible. Its on Netflix if you can find it. As always it just goes to show our government is the biggest set of liars on the planet.

There was a cheesy but hilarious episode of Dragnet about that very thing.