legalized marijuana thread

here is my first legal weed purchase from a dispensary, don't have a medical card
10359396_756040117813654_9008924024922747330_n.jpg?oh=91a97f3599866676c7dcd09b7cbed410&oe=55672D85&__gda__=1432944948_366b701c4a22569c68f2c2cbbd477b58

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    When in Denver a few months back I stopped in and got some goods for the first time. Was soooooo weird but awesome at the same time. Very knowledgable staff, very friendly. Got exactly what I wanted, and got happy later that night.
    Per your picture... 27% THC to 0% CBD? That'll mess you up real good! Ha!
  • mca47 wrote: »
    Per your picture... 27% THC to 0% CBD? That'll mess you up real good! Ha!

yeah very good stuff, once California, Nevada and Arizona legalize it in 2016 the whole west coast will be legal :)
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Girl scout cookies?
  • Girl scout cookies?
    lol, yeah it is a hybrid Girl Scout Cookies II is 60% Indica and 40% Sativa, I have also have the first Girl Scout Cookies and Girl Scout Cookies Thin Mint, both really good too
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I much prefer smoking it vs eating - easier to gauge plus I love the ritual of it all, the sensuality of packing a bowl, its scent, sticky fingers, flame to fuel.

So how's it work where you are? No card/medical OK needed to procure, right?

Been pretty nice out here - no hassle at all.
  • hedonist wrote: »
    I much prefer smoking it vs eating - easier to gauge plus I love the ritual of it all, the sensuality of packing a bowl, its scent, sticky fingers, flame to fuel.

you can get it with a card or without, but the medical isn't taxed and the over the counter is being taxed 44% so it is creating a big black market
    Isn't sativa the stuff people wig out on in the you tube videos?
  • Isn't sativa the stuff people wig out on in the you tube videos?

if you have done LSD and mushrooms and enjoyed it, you will really enjoy sativas, whereas Indicas are more of a body high and usually used for aches and pains, because it is much more mellow, with Sativas being like an upper, Sativa before the show and Indica afterwards
    Shrooms were the best high I'd ever had. But that was in 98. I haven't smoked weed since 99. I'd probably be in a coma if I smoked the shit that's out today!
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    How much did that bud cost?
  • It's kinda cool huh? Quite the experience. Never thought I'd see the day.. But now I can get really good shit anytime I want.. It's just a ten minute drive!
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    Lodo wellness in Denver while I was there back in October...stocked up as soon as I landed. The Granola I liked too....It was actually tasty. The cookies fucked me up during the Broncos/Chargers game.

good times
  • CROJAM95 wrote: »
    Lodo wellness in Denver while I was there back in October...stocked up as soon as I landed. The Granola I liked too....It was actually tasty. The cookies fucked me up during the Broncos/Chargers game.

good times

Yeah YA gotta be careful with the edibles! Lol
    hedonist wrote: »

you can get it with a card or without, but the medical isn't taxed and the over the counter is being taxed 44% so it is creating a big black market
    Holy hell, 44%? I guess that'll happen here as well when it becomes fully legal. Right now we're charged the standard state sales tax.

Looking forward to visiting my favorite dispensary this evening!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    Isn't sativa the stuff people wig out on in the you tube videos?

if you have done LSD and mushrooms and enjoyed it, you will really enjoy sativas, whereas Indicas are more of a body high and usually used for aches and pains, because it is much more mellow, with Sativas being like an upper, Sativa before the show and Indica afterwards

Wow I never knew the stuff had such technicality to it. All I know is it helps me sleep....the best is here in S Florida it's flat and I get on my bike and ride average speed 23 mpg with RUSH LIVE on my headphones GUP, ESL, ASOH or ATWAS for 40-60 miles. I get back soaking wet tempted to jump in my backyard lake but there's gators in there!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• the standard cost in Seattle for most strains is 15.00-25.00 a gram for over the counter, and 200.00 for an ounce of medical which works out to less than 7.00 a gram, so I usually get it from friends who have cards, then I smoke them out for free
  • Yeah we're 21.00 a gram for bottom shelf( 16-20%) and up to 35.00 a gram for top shelf ( 22-26%)
    And our taxes are roughly the same.
    Sorta related...
    I made some chocolate chip cookies a week back with infused butter (ABV and Kief). Holy crap they are too damn strong! I'm not really an edible guy and I don't partake too often. Ate half a cookie over the weekend and went into another semi-retarded world. Ok....had a quarter last night....same....holy hell what am I gonna do with 20 cookies? They are in the freezer now but these are going to last forever!!! Anyone around Phx/Scottsdale? You can come and have as many as you want! Lol.
    Sorta related...
    I made some chocolate chip cookies a week back with infused butter (ABV and Kief). Holy crap they are too damn strong! I'm not really an edible guy and I don't partake too often. Ate half a cookie over the weekend and went into another semi-retarded world. Ok....had a quarter last night....same....holy hell what am I gonna do with 20 cookies? They are in the freezer now but these are going to last forever!!! Anyone around Phx/Scottsdale? You can come and have as many as you want! Lol.

Hahahaha!! The edibles are crazy potent! That's why they say a sixth at a time..
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Ha, I still haven't been into a retail shop in Seattle. I keep thinking I'll do it for shits and giggles, but we're paying $25 for an eighth and no tax at the dispensary, so I don't know why I'd want to pay retail prices. Washington State basically took their archaic 3-tiered liquor system they put into place just after prohibition ended and tried to shoehorn marijuana into that system once they lost their stronghold on alcohol sales. So while I'm glad weed is legalized here, I certainly didn't support the initiative the way it was written. Oregon just passed one that I would have been more interested in. As it is here there's a 25% tax when the producer sells to the processor, a 25% tax when the processor sells to a retailer, and a 25% tax when the retailer sells to the consumer. That will make it impossible to compete with the black market or the dispensaries, which is why the legislature is going to go after dispensaries this year to try to regulate them. If you can't compete on price and product, get the government further involved. That will make the black market even stronger. So I don't anticipate buying weed from a retail outlet anytime in the near future unless it is just for the novelty.

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    While the taxes are outrageous and the overall cost higher, if I lived in Colorado or the other legal states, all my purchases would be from the dispensaries. While it's more expensive, at least my tax dollars would be going towards good things (schools, etc.). And unless you've got a killer hookup, the dispensaries would also provide more options.
    While the taxes are outrageous and the overall cost higher, if I lived in Colorado or the other legal states, all my purchases would be from the dispensaries. While it's more expensive, at least my tax dollars would be going towards good things (schools, etc.). And unless you've got a killer hookup, the dispensaries would also provide more options.

That's how I look at it too. I do edibles if any at all, but it is the best alternative to painkillers I can find.
    That's how I look at it too. I do edibles if any at all, but it is the best alternative to painkillers I can find.
    Amen to that. Fuck vicodin and the like with all of their side effects.

By the way, here an eighth (3.5 grams?) ranges from $40 - $65.

mca47 wrote: »
    Sorta related...

Can I send you a self addressed, stamped box of Tupperware?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,901
    I smoked more weed back in the day than all you youngsters put together.

I'm still a hippie liberal but, gotta tell you, I'm not in favor of legalized weed. this new shit is just TOO POTENT!

yeah, TOO POTENT! decriminalized, yes....legalized, no.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,179
    I deal with a friend who is a grower has been for 15 plus yrs gets me some really good cookies nothing stupid potent but very nice high ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    imalive wrote: »

I'm still a hippie liberal but, gotta tell you, I'm not in favor of legalized weed. this new shit is just TOO POTENT!

I agree with you on the potency. Back in the day, I remember being able to pass a J back and forth between 2 people and finishing the entire thing. Now, (for me - i'm a bit of a lightweight) it's a puff or two and that's it. Stuff is so damn strong.
    mca47 wrote: »
    Sorta related...

Can I send you a self addressed, stamped box of Tupperware?

Hahahaha!
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    edited January 2015
    imalive wrote: »

Too potent for YOU, so lets NOT legalize it.