Options

Do Aliens Exist?

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Yes, and they have visited Earth
    PJ_Soul said:

DaVinci sketched a helicopter, and Jules Vern wrote about flying to the moon in 1865. West Coast Natives have stories about talking ravens thst make no sense, and the Bible has shit like burning talking bushes and giant voices in the sky and people rising from the dead. I don't think that drawings or stories about flying objects means much of anything by themselves. Oftenreading said it - there is no shortage of imagination when it comes to humans. All a person has to do is see a bird, and the imagination takes flying from there. Not that i am completely ruling out the possibility that some of these drawings, etc depict reality... but I don't see it as evidence by itself.

You're talking about a time when nobody has ever seen flying objects. Think about it. They didn't have TV or anything like that. Nobody just sits there bored and says this is what a flying machine will look like in the future and draw it 1000's of years before. Come on, let's be real here.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    edited May 2015
    badbrains said:

PJ_Soul said:

DaVinci sketched a helicopter, and Jules Vern wrote about flying to the moon in 1865. West Coast Natives have stories about talking ravens thst make no sense, and the Bible has shit like burning talking bushes and giant voices in the sky and people rising from the dead. I don't think that drawings or stories about flying objects means much of anything by themselves. Oftenreading said it - there is no shortage of imagination when it comes to humans. All a person has to do is see a bird, and the imagination takes flying from there. Not that i am completely ruling out the possibility that some of these drawings, etc depict reality... but I don't see it as evidence by itself.

You're talking about a time when nobody has ever seen flying objects. Think about it. They didn't have TV or anything like that. Nobody just sits there bored and says this is what a flying machine will look like in the future and draw it 1000's of years before. Come on, let's be real here.
    So what flying machines had Da Vinci already seen when he sketched his plans around 1485? Unless I'm misunderstanding your point; it seems like you are arguing against people having the imagination to visualize this.
    Post edited by oftenreading on
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited May 2015
    badbrains said:

PJ_Soul said:

Birds fly. Balls that you throw fly. The sun, the moon, the stars, the clouds, the northern lights, atmospheric phenomenon... all.up.in the sky for them to see. I don't think it's at all far fetched to think that they invented flying objects through story-telling/imagination combined with actually seeing all these kinds of natural things in the sky that they couldn't explain. They didn't even know Wtf the sun was back then.
    I am a believer obviously... but I'm a bit of a skeptic, or at least a questioner, when it comes to a lot of "evidence" as well.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

exactly.

and when it's pictured next to someone who I believe to be fictitious, then it not only adds no credence, it takes away from it.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Yes

badbrains said:

PJ_Soul said:

So what flying machines had Da Vinci already seen when he sketched his plans around 1485? Unless I'm misunderstanding your point; it seems like you are arguing against people having the imagination to visualize this.
    I get the feeling that some people believe that just because people back then didn't fully understand their environment, that they were somehow less intelligent or less creative. they weren't simple-brained folks. they just came earlier than we did.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Ya metal flying objects 1000's of years ago. Got it. I'm wrong and you guys are right as usual. No problem. Funny, u guys are arguing against aliens and yet you guys have said you believe in them. Odd
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yes
    Does this "evidence" mean that the aliens were humanoid with Earth animal heads? That's what the Egyptians drew on their walls, and since they couldn't have imagined it on their own, the aliens who build the pyramids must have been jackal and bird-headed humans.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Yes
    badbrains said:

Ya metal flying objects 1000's of years ago. Got it. I'm wrong and you guys are right as usual. No problem. Funny, u guys are arguing against aliens and yet you guys have said you believe in them. Odd

so you are right and we are wrong as usual?

not odd at all. yes, I believe in alien life. But I have stated time and again (and it states explicitly on each post) that I don't think they've been here.

and you don't find it odd that flying saucers were just milling about 2000 years ago with nary a care in the world, especially during some of the biggest historical moments in christian history?

it's interesting to me the parallels this draws. God was talking to people all over the place that long ago. apparently, aliens were hanging around during the same time period. coincidence? sounds like a whole lotta magic mushrooms being eaten.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited May 2015
    badbrains said:

I'm not arguing against aliens. I'm arguing against the theory that people couldn't dream up flying objects 1000 years ago. I agree with Hugh here - you seem to be underestimating the mental abilities and imagination of people back then. Think about all the things we have dreamed up long before it existed in more modern times. It's the only reason most things humans develop exist. Generally, first comes the imagination, and then comes the attempt to make it a reality. Also think about all the totally fantastical things people dream up all the time. It was no different for people 2000 years ago. In fact, without TV, media, etc, people back then probably had much richer imaginations than we do now, just as a form of entertainment.

I have no idea of any of those drawings or stories are connected to aliens. I admit it's one possibility.... but i have no reason to assume it just because the drawings and stories exist. Could be the case! Or not.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited May 2015

badbrains said:

not odd at all. yes, I believe in alien life. But I have stated time and again (and it states explicitly on each post) that I don't think they've been here.

and you don't find it odd that flying saucers were just milling about 2000 years ago with nary a care in the world, especially during some of the biggest historical moments in christian history?

it's interesting to me the parallels this draws. God was talking to people all over the place that long ago. apparently, aliens were hanging around during the same time period. coincidence? sounds like a whole lotta magic mushrooms being eaten.

Ah, how many times has the earth been "reset" with disasters. Species ending disasters. Look, you guys can believe in whatever the fuck u guys want, just as I and everyone else will. How about this hugh, we're ALL wrong. Only living things are found on earth and no matter what type of "evidence" people show us, they're wrong.

Edit-reason I asked about the earth being reset is for we don't truly know how advanced and civilized our earth could've been. We could've been hanging with aliens in the past. And with a population ending disaster, we'd never know it. Hope it makes sense
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    Yes
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Ah, how many times has the earth been "reset" with disasters. Species ending disasters. Look, you guys can believe in whatever the fuck u guys want, just as I and everyone else will. How about this hugh, we're ALL wrong. Only living things are found on earth and no matter what type of "evidence" people show us, they're wrong.
    I don't understand all the hostility. I have no proof. Just what I think. Just as you do. not sure what the big problem is with that. it's just a discussion.

And I don't quite understand your first statement. care to elaborate on that?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Sorry, I edited after I posted the first part.
  • Options
    Yes
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Edit-reason I asked about the earth being reset is for we don't truly know how advanced and civilized our earth could've been. We could've been hanging with aliens in the past. And with a population ending disaster, we'd never know it. Hope it makes sense
    well there'd probably be some physical evidence, don't you think?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Haven't they been slowly finding things. And in reality, what would they tell us if they were using all this "God" talk to keep the masses in check? Or maybe an asteroid the size of jersey hit the earth and pretty much would wipe out anything of any kind of evidence? Idk, it gets real complicated.
  • Options
    Yes
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Haven't they been slowly finding things. And in reality, what would they tell us if they were using all this "God" talk to keep the masses in check? Or maybe an asteroid the size of jersey hit the earth and pretty much would wipe out anything of any kind of evidence? Idk, it gets real complicated.
    finding things? like what?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,184
    Badbrains I agree with what you're saying here. I find it very strange soooooo many similarities in the painting/drawings from many years ago of UFOs. I also do see PJsoul and Hughs points though about the imagination and intelligence. Its a very interesting discussion. I do lean towards all the references to UFOs and aliens over time as being decent evidence that people have seen some similar things.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yes

Badbrains I agree with what you're saying here. I find it very strange soooooo many similarities in the painting/drawings from many years ago of UFOs. I also do see PJsoul and Hughs points though about the imagination and intelligence. Its a very interesting discussion. I do lean towards all the references to UFOs and aliens over time as being decent evidence that people have seen some similar things.

Are we then to believe that there is decent evidence of Angels and Demons? There are many many similarities in the art from many years ago.
    What about sea monsters? There is a preponderance of evidence for sea monsters, yettis, mermaids, Angels, demons, shapeshifters, you name it.
    Are future archeologists going to be correct in assuming that we had contact with King Kong, Terminators, and X-Men?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited May 2015
    No
    badbrains said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yea, people do that. It's a way better explanation than saying it's proof of ETs.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,184
    rgambs said:

Are we then to believe that there is decent evidence of Angels and Demons? There are many many similarities in the art from many years ago.
    What about sea monsters? There is a preponderance of evidence for sea monsters, yettis, mermaids, Angels, demons, shapeshifters, you name it.
    Are future archeologists going to be correct in assuming that we had contact with King Kong, Terminators, and X-Men?
    Oh i hear ya. Thats why I said I see those points too. I just tend to believe there is more to it than that. I understand people discrediting this evidence for sure. I don't understand people dismissing that there is a very good possibility that there could be a lot more out there than just us awesome humans :confused:
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,767
    https://youtu.be/8QKW6Gt3KKs
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    No
    I think someone was in space too long.
  • Options

Can you determined the term ''proof'', please??..what is mean for you??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    No
    23scidoo said:

I can assure you that my definition of proof is not a guy hearing second hand stories "near the end of their lives."
  • Options

23scidoo said:

I can assure you that my definition of proof is not a guy hearing second hand stories "near the end of their lives."
    and??..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    No
    23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

and??..
    Related to aliens, proof means I need to see it, hear it, and smell it. Anything less and I'm going to be skeptical. Stories just aren't going to make me believe.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

and??..
    Related to aliens, proof means I need to see it, hear it, and smell it. Anything less and I'm going to be skeptical. Stories just aren't going to make me believe.
    The irony is that if you did see it, hear it, smell it, and it became fact to you, hardly anyone would believe you anyway. ;) Even if you got video footage of it, probably the majority of people still wouldn't believe you.... That's what has happened to everyone who has had a sighting so far, anyway, including the ones who offer video of it. One man's fact is literally another man's fiction sometimes!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

and??..
    The irony is that if you did see it, hear it, smell it, and it became fact to you, hardly anyone would believe you anyway. ;) Even if you got video footage of it, probably the majority of people still wouldn't believe you.... That's what has happened to everyone who has had a sighting so far, anyway, including the ones who offer video of it. One man's fact is literally another man's fiction sometimes!
    hope he never be in that position..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    No
    PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

and??..
    The problem I have is that of the millions of "sightings" there isn't ONE good video of any of them. I've seen the lights in the sky videos. Sometimes unexplained is just that. And for the record PJsoul, I do believe your story. I have no doubt t you saw what you saw. I just doubt it was extra terrestrial.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    No
    rgambs said:

BADA BING ! well said.

with that I'll just watch and read. I truley believe man's imagination is very under rated when it come to this stuff about UFO's.......does anybody find it just a little crazy that as out technology improves so does the type of UFO craft that is sighted ?

Godfather.

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

and??..
    The problem I have is that of the millions of "sightings" there isn't ONE good video of any of them. I've seen the lights in the sky videos. Sometimes unexplained is just that. And for the record PJsoul, I do believe your story. I have no doubt t you saw what you saw. I just doubt it was extra terrestrial.
    I seriously doubt you're qualified to make that statement though. Chances are you haven't seen most of the videos of sightings, so can't say if there are any good videos out there. I know I've seen several that are incredibly "good" over the years (and others that aren't).