Do Aliens Exist?

Comments

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    No
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

At some point you have to use your common sense and realize that invisible people in the skies aren't communicating with anyone. Either in ancient times or now. This thread has turned from extra terrestrial to super natural. Plus, not o e person has provided any evidence of anything that was extra terrestrial. Not once.

Common sense would tell you with 100's of BILLIONS of galaxies, there's life somewhere out there.
    Ok, show me. I've said many times that I am open to the possibility nart, of microbes, ameobas, and bacterial life forms out there. Yes, common sense would dictate that.

But until the day comes that one of our satellites proves it, I won't believe it. Some of you have voted yes, and they've visited here. Surely there must be some proof of that somewhere. You're so confidentß. Common sense does NOT dictate them having traveled here. All we know is it takes light years for a human made satellite to get to a place that could hold some life. So 1) if there has been ET visitors here who are they and where did they come from? And 2) where's the proof?
    Do you believe in God?
    No
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Yes, and they have visited Earth

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

At some point you have to use your common sense and realize that invisible people in the skies aren't communicating with anyone. Either in ancient times or now. This thread has turned from extra terrestrial to super natural. Plus, not o e person has provided any evidence of anything that was extra terrestrial. Not once.

Common sense would tell you with 100's of BILLIONS of galaxies, there's life somewhere out there.
    Ok, show me. I've said many times that I am open to the possibility nart, of microbes, ameobas, and bacterial life forms out there. Yes, common sense would dictate that.

But until the day comes that one of our satellites proves it, I won't believe it. Some of you have voted yes, and they've visited here. Surely there must be some proof of that somewhere. You're so confidentß. Common sense does NOT dictate them having traveled here. All we know is it takes light years for a human made satellite to get to a place that could hold some life. So 1) if there has been ET visitors here who are they and where did they come from? And 2) where's the proof?
    Do you believe in God?
    No
    But didn't you say in the police thread you believe in Jesus?
    No
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Do you believe in God?
    No
    I said I believe a man named Jesus that claimed he was the son of God existed. But I can assure you that I've never said I believed in God
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Do you believe in God?
    No
    I said I believe a man named Jesus that claimed he was the son of God existed. But I can assure you that I've never said I believed in God
    Do u believe he was resurrected?
    No
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Do you believe in God?
    No
    No.
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    No

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Do you believe in God?
    No
    No.
    "No one wants advice -- only corroboration." - John Steinbeck

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    Yes
    23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

the GODS who came from the skies and teach the people..

now you've REALLY lost me.

why??..its simple..if you read about the ancient cultures, you gonna find the same story again and again..with some variations ofcourse..
    what you need to understand is that you are throwing out little tidbits of "knowledge" with zero context, which makes it incredibly difficult to have any clue what it is you are talking about.

just throwing out "the gods who came from the skies" means nothing to me. and probably not to anyone else who hasn't read about ancient cultures.

maybe you should read about them..i can't teach to anyone..always friendly ofcourse..
    Well, generally, if someone wants to make a point, they provide some type of background to it. not just throwing out random comments and expecting others to research it based on that.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

No

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Do you believe in God?
    No
    No.

I don't know what this means in relation to me not believing a man rose from the dead?
    Yes

I gather the whole supernatural thing came from what 23 is saying the ancient folks thought the aliens were.

and as to your last statement, you are 100% correct.

your position is the same I have when it comes to god. I will believe it if it's in front of me. until then, it's not there.

but I personally believe that it is a near (if not total) impossibility that earth is the only place that life began and evolved, just with the infiniteness of the universe (as we understand it, anyway). again, I don't know if there are CURRENTLY other intelligent life forms, but I think there may have, or may be in the future.

but if we are only talking about life in technical terms (microbial), not intelligent, I would think it's a near certainty (which I think you also believe if I'm not mistaken). especially since they just found evidence pointing to the existence of underground streams on a planet in our very solar system.

www.headstonesband.com

Yes
    BS44325 said:
    "He says he has never met an alien"

he sounds like a quack who just wants attention. seriously, aliens on venus and mars and saturn's moons. seriously? our telescopes just happened to miss these colonies?

www.headstonesband.com

No

I gather the whole supernatural thing came from what 23 is saying the ancient folks thought the aliens were.

your position is the same I have when it comes to god. I will believe it if it's in front of me. until then, it's not there.

but I personally believe that it is a near (if not total) impossibility that earth is the only place that life began and evolved, just with the infiniteness of the universe (as we understand it, anyway). again, I don't know if there are CURRENTLY other intelligent life forms, but I think there may have, or may be in the future.

but if we are only talking about life in technical terms (microbial), not intelligent, I would think it's a near certainty (which I think you also believe if I'm not mistaken). especially since they just found evidence pointing to the existence of underground streams on a planet in our very solar system.

As I've stated before, I'm wide open to the idea of microbiological life forms else where in the universe. I hope they can prove it one day before I die.

I'm just not going to believe there is ET life that has visited this planet. For that, I HAVE to have proof.
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    No

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Do you believe in God?
    No
    No.

I don't know what this means in relation to me not believing a man rose from the dead?

it's just life in general no matter the topic at hand.

Godfather.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited April 2015

As I've stated before, I'm wide open to the idea of microbiological life forms else where in the universe. I hope they can prove it one day before I die.

I'm just not going to believe there is ET life that has visited this planet. For that, I HAVE to have proof.
    Well then here's hoping that you have a close encounter, and not the probing kind. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

Well then here's hoping that you have a close encounter, and not the probing kind. ;)
    here's hoping my wife joins me in playing "alien" later. it's pretty difficult as a solo venture.

www.headstonesband.com

No

PJ_Soul said:

here's hoping my wife joins me in playing "alien" later. it's pretty difficult as a solo venture.

:rofl:
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

:rofl:

Same reaction!

• 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,091

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

why??..its simple..if you read about the ancient cultures, you gonna find the same story again and again..with some variations ofcourse..
    what you need to understand is that you are throwing out little tidbits of "knowledge" with zero context, which makes it incredibly difficult to have any clue what it is you are talking about.

just throwing out "the gods who came from the skies" means nothing to me. and probably not to anyone else who hasn't read about ancient cultures.

maybe you should read about them..i can't teach to anyone..always friendly ofcourse..
    Well, generally, if someone wants to make a point, they provide some type of background to it. not just throwing out random comments and expecting others to research it based on that.

i think i provide enough here..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,091
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    23scidoo said:
    Sounds a bit kooky even to me. I wish I knew exactly what that guy's state of mind is... If he hasn't lost his marbles, then wow. If he has, then sad. I'm not saying I don't believe it.... I wouldn't be overly surprised if governments were hiding something. I just would have thought that more people from said government would have leaked it. It's not like this guy is getting into trouble for talking about it. So what would be stopping anyone else after retirement? Pay-offs? Threats?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:
    Sounds a bit kooky even to me. I wish I knew exactly what that guy's state of mind is... If he hasn't lost his marbles, then wow. If he has, then sad. I'm not saying I don't believe it.... I wouldn't be overly surprised if governments were hiding something. I just would have thought that more people from said government would have leaked it. It's not like this guy is getting into trouble for talking about it. So what would be stopping anyone else after retirement? Pay-offs? Threats?
    that's the thing I mentioned before. It would take hundreds, if not thousands, of people on research teams, military, police, from all over the globe, etc, to all keep quiet and say nothing. that is just simply not possible and against the human condition.

www.headstonesband.com

edited April 2015

PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:
    that's the thing I mentioned before. It would take hundreds, if not thousands, of people on research teams, military, police, from all over the globe, etc, to all keep quiet and say nothing. that is just simply not possible and against the human condition.

Well you never know.... that would depend on the circumstances, how contact was being made, etc. Plus, maybe there are thousands of government officials and police, etc who have said something like this to someone, and they are just scoffed at like everyone else who makes claims about aliens visiting Earth. Given my own experience, I think that a LOT that is real has simply been dismissed out of hand by almost everyone. Or maybe there are a lot of people who assume this will be the case and just keep their mouths shut because of that. I was even hesitant to tell my story here on a message board. God knows I wouldn't be telling my story to a news reporter or someone like that.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Yes, and they have visited Earth
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:

Well you never know.... that would depend on the circumstances, how contact was being made, etc. Plus, maybe there are thousands of government officials and police, etc who have said something like this to someone, and they are just scoffed at like everyone else who makes claims about aliens visiting Earth. Given my own experience, I think that a LOT that is real has simply been dismissed out of hand by almost everyone. Or maybe there are a lot of people who assume this will be the case and just keep their mouths shut because of that. I was even hesitant to tell my story here on a message board. God knows I wouldn't be telling my story to a news reporter or someone like that.
    It's funny you mention that you would not tell your story to a news reporter. Why not?

Since you were already picked by a news paper and quoted from another thread I wonder if next time the headline might read "PJsoul from a ten club forum had a football field sized object float about her head"

You still haven't answered these questions

So when did start to tell people this story?
    Has everyone you told (in person or in cyberland) believed you with no questioning whatsoever?
    Your above explanation tells what you felt at a certain time. It doesn't make the football field sized floating object real.

Your first explanation involved quasi blackouts of the witnesses. Then your corrected explanation above does not really paint a clear picture of what happened. It paints a feeling you had.

Was it one or two people with you that day?

The news reporter and general public would have way more questions than these simple few I ask of you.
    Yes
    23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

i think i provide enough here..
    you have provided not one link or source to the random things you have mentioned, most of which I couldn't even understand. that amounts to zero.

www.headstonesband.com

• oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:

It's funny you mention that you would not tell your story to a news reporter. Why not?

Since you were already picked by a news paper and quoted from another thread I wonder if next time the headline might read "PJsoul from a ten club forum had a football field sized object float about her head"

Has everyone you told (in person or in cyberland) believed you with no questioning whatsoever?
    Your above explanation tells what you felt at a certain time. It doesn't make the football field sized floating object real.

Your first explanation involved quasi blackouts of the witnesses. Then your corrected explanation above does not really paint a clear picture of what happened. It paints a feeling you had.

The news reporter and general public would have way more questions than these simple few I ask of you.
    Why do you think PJ_Soul has to answer your questions? This is a fan club forum board, not a waterboard.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited April 2015

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:

Because I don't want to be mocked and called a lunatic, obviously. Most people don't believe stories like these, and I have no strong urge to convince people of it, even though I know it happened.

I started telling people the story after those 4 years that passed when me and my friend never thought to bring it up. Yes, I did mention that before.

That's right, everyone who I know that I've told believe that I saw something. I already mentioned that before more than once (seriously, I'm starting to feel like you're not even reading my posts). No, not without questioning. I answered any questions they may have had. Very few believe it was aliens, but they all believe I saw what I saw. The people I know trust me and know I wouldn't make it up or exaggerate like some kind of mental patient. .

I tell what I felt, and also what I saw (not sure why you didn't mentioned that part). Neither makes the thing real to you. That part's up to you.

As for my story not painting a clear picture, I really don't know what to say. What do the rest of you think? Was my picture clear enough? If there are any points you want more details on, why not just ask me specifics that you are wondering about? I will answer what I can. But again, I said what we saw, as well as how we felt. Not sure why you're focusing on the feeling alone. I do wish you'd drop the "blackout" part, since I already said that was simply a really poor and inaccurate choice of words. There was no blackout, nor anything close to a blackout.

One other person was with me that day (I know I was clear about that).

Yes, I'm sure a news reporter or the general public would have way more questions, and I'd be happy to answer any of them in private. But I'm not willing to be a target for doubters, and I have absolutely no desire to be in any kind of spotlight ever. And again, I have no urge to share my story with the wider world. I told it here because this conversation made it an appropriate story to tell, and because I consider the people here friends. Not because I want to turn non-believers into believers, which I certainly wouldn't expect to do just with my own eye witness account. I already said that most of my friends and family figure what I saw wasn't an alien spaceship - that there must be some other explanation (but a few do, along with a few here).

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but your tone is making me think that my story somehow irks you. Why would that be??
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:

Because I don't want to be mocked and called a lunatic, obviously. Most people don't believe stories like these, and I have no strong urge to convince people of it, even though I know it happened.

I started telling people the story after those 4 years that passed when me and my friend never gave it any thought.

That's right, everyone who I know that I've told believe that I saw something. No, not without questioning. I answered any questions they may have had. Very few believe it was aliens, but they all believe I saw what I saw. The people I know trust me and know I wouldn't make it up or exaggerate like some kind of mental patient. .

I tell what I felt, and also what I saw (not sure why you didn't mentioned that part). Neither makes the thing real to you. That part's up to you.

As for my story not painting a clear picture, I really don't know what to say. What do the rest of you think? Was my picture clear enough? If there are any points you want more details on, why not just ask me specifics? But again, I said what I saw, as well as how we felt. Not sure why you're focusing on the feeling alone. I do wish you'd drop the "blackout" part, since I already said that was simply a really poor and inaccurate choice of words. There was no blackout, nor anything close to a blackout.

Yes, I'm sure a news reporter or the general public would have way more questions, and I'd be happy to answer any of them in private. But I'm not willing to be a target for doubters, and I have absolutely no desire to be in any kind of spotlight ever. And again, I have no urge to share my story with the wider world. I told it here because this conversation made it an appropriate story to tell, and because I consider the people here friends. Not because I want to turn non-believers into believers, which I certainly wouldn't expect to do just with my own eye witness account. I already said that most of my friends and family figure what I saw wasn't an alien spaceship - that there must be some other explanation (but a few do, along with a few here).

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but your tone is making me think that my story somehow irks you. Why would that be??
    Thanks for putting up with me being so inquisitive about your story. Like I stated before I am always skeptical of anything that is unexplained and told by a person (especially someone I don't know).

I continue to repeat that I never said you or anyone else believed it to be aliens, so I'm not sure why you think I said/thought that.

The "blackout" term has been explained by you once already, I didn't bring it up again.

I am not irked. Perhaps overwhelmed as to why I can't pinpoint why I don't believe you.

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul said:

The people I know trust me and know I wouldn't make it up or exaggerate like some kind of mental patient. .

Not to mention those of us who "know" you through here =)

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:

I started telling people the story after those 4 years that passed when me and my friend never gave it any thought.

That's right, everyone who I know that I've told believe that I saw something. No, not without questioning. I answered any questions they may have had. Very few believe it was aliens, but they all believe I saw what I saw. The people I know trust me and know I wouldn't make it up or exaggerate like some kind of mental patient. .

As for my story not painting a clear picture, I really don't know what to say. What do the rest of you think? Was my picture clear enough? If there are any points you want more details on, why not just ask me specifics? But again, I said what I saw, as well as how we felt. Not sure why you're focusing on the feeling alone. I do wish you'd drop the "blackout" part, since I already said that was simply a really poor and inaccurate choice of words. There was no blackout, nor anything close to a blackout.

Thanks for putting up with me being so inquisitive about your story. Like I stated before I am always skeptical of anything that is unexplained and told by a person (especially someone I don't know).

I continue to repeat that I never said you or anyone else believed it to be aliens, so I'm not sure why you think I said/thought that.

The "blackout" term has been explained by you once already, I didn't bring it up again.

I am not irked. Perhaps overwhelmed as to why I can't pinpoint why I don't believe you.

Actually, I personally DO absolutely believe it was aliens. I feel 99.9% positive that it was, given what I saw, heard, and felt. But I don't expect anyone who didn't see it to feel the same.

?? You mentioned blackout in that post I just replied to. :confused:

I really don't know, but if I had to guess, you don't even believe I saw this thing because you don't trust me. Which is fine with me.
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:

You mentioned blackout in that post I just replied to. :confused:

I just brought it up for contrast. Your first account talked of blackout but you then provided a better explained second account without it.

So I am now only going by your second explanation.