Do Aliens Exist?

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited April 2015
    Yes, and they have visited Earth
    I really would like to know if any of the "proof" in the world is real, that's for sure. I wonder if stuff that really is proof has just been dismissed outright?? Or ignored, like a form of denial. No way of knowing, really....
    The information that I always found most compelling are accounts/sightings/experiences from astronauts and military pilots. And there are plenty of accounts like that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,091

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

The only proof for all you people is if Alien knock your door someday or CNN's breaking news..you talk about military..in these days we living, ok, maybe..but 100 or 200 or 1000 years ago???..and none of you still answer my questions..

That is quite simply not true, not for all of us, anyway. I would be more inclined to believe something if I hear a first person account from someone, as pjsoul did. All of your "proof" or "evidence" is really nothing of the kind, so far. Saying the pyramids are proof to me is the same as a christian telling me the mere existence of the universe is proof of a god. Can I prove aliens didn't build them? Nope. But that doesn't mean they did. There are many mysteries of the world around us...all it proves is our inability to understand them.

And what questions of your are we not answering? All I see is someone making a lot of fantastical claims bit is unwilling to explain where this "knowledge" comes from. You claimed to know that some alien societies commit acts of war. Please explain to me how you came to this conclusion. And don't tell me that the proof is in videos on youtube.
    So, you believe what Pjsoul said, but the thousand of people who claims the same thing, you don't..ok..I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT PROOFS..i am always say the same thing..we have no idea how our ancestors do all this great things..thats it..one thing is for sure..they have technology uknown for us..where did they get it??..from who??..and why we lost it??..
    what is the fantastial claims??..the Nuremberg fight at 1561??..the Battle of L.A.??..the Tehran UFO incident..the Greifswald Lights in Germany??..i made specific questions for specific events and i didn't get any specific answer..in the Phoenix case there was a thousands witness..they are all mad??..in the video i posted, is this Armstrong or not??..
    and i'm tottaly agree with you..we live in a mysterious planet..
    you have used the words proof and evidence interchangably several times in this thread. go back and check.

I believe pjsoul saw what she said she saw. I also explained why I give her story credence over the other accounts I've seen on the news and on websites, etc, as I would if someone I knew and respected offline told me the same story. I'm not going to continue to explain myself over and over again.

i've used the word ''proofs'' only 2 times..on my first post when i said ''the proofs are out there''..and the second was, when i was talking about ancient civilizations..those cultures had hundrends of years distance and thousands of miles..and they all said the same story..for me that is proof..for me i say again..when someone in 14th century paint a portrait of a woman and in the corner paid a ''cloud'' with a man, this is also a proof for me..
    no answers yet..no one gonna say anything about the Armstrong video??

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/chile-ufo-government-confirm-mysterious-5529498
    very confusing

"I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT PROOFS"
    "I've used the word proofs two times"
    "for me that is proof"
    "this also is proof for me"

a 14th century painting is proof to you?

to me that is ZERO.

watched the video once. hard to understand what it going on. I'll give it a second watch.

Yes, its proof..with the right connections..about the other facts??..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    Yes
    23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

The only proof for all you people is if Alien knock your door someday or CNN's breaking news..you talk about military..in these days we living, ok, maybe..but 100 or 200 or 1000 years ago???..and none of you still answer my questions..

That is quite simply not true, not for all of us, anyway. I would be more inclined to believe something if I hear a first person account from someone, as pjsoul did. All of your "proof" or "evidence" is really nothing of the kind, so far. Saying the pyramids are proof to me is the same as a christian telling me the mere existence of the universe is proof of a god. Can I prove aliens didn't build them? Nope. But that doesn't mean they did. There are many mysteries of the world around us...all it proves is our inability to understand them.

And what questions of your are we not answering? All I see is someone making a lot of fantastical claims bit is unwilling to explain where this "knowledge" comes from. You claimed to know that some alien societies commit acts of war. Please explain to me how you came to this conclusion. And don't tell me that the proof is in videos on youtube.
    So, you believe what Pjsoul said, but the thousand of people who claims the same thing, you don't..ok..I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT PROOFS..i am always say the same thing..we have no idea how our ancestors do all this great things..thats it..one thing is for sure..they have technology uknown for us..where did they get it??..from who??..and why we lost it??..
    what is the fantastial claims??..the Nuremberg fight at 1561??..the Battle of L.A.??..the Tehran UFO incident..the Greifswald Lights in Germany??..i made specific questions for specific events and i didn't get any specific answer..in the Phoenix case there was a thousands witness..they are all mad??..in the video i posted, is this Armstrong or not??..
    you have used the words proof and evidence interchangably several times in this thread. go back and check.

I believe pjsoul saw what she said she saw. I also explained why I give her story credence over the other accounts I've seen on the news and on websites, etc, as I would if someone I knew and respected offline told me the same story. I'm not going to continue to explain myself over and over again.

i've used the word ''proofs'' only 2 times..on my first post when i said ''the proofs are out there''..and the second was, when i was talking about ancient civilizations..those cultures had hundrends of years distance and thousands of miles..and they all said the same story..for me that is proof..for me i say again..when someone in 14th century paint a portrait of a woman and in the corner paid a ''cloud'' with a man, this is also a proof for me..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/chile-ufo-government-confirm-mysterious-5529498
    very confusing

"for me that is proof"

to me that is ZERO.

watched the video once. hard to understand what it going on. I'll give it a second watch.

then you need to look up the true definition of proof. if I drew a painting of god, does that prove god's existence? no, it proves I like to paint. nothing more.

why do people seem to give more credence to things said long ago, for seemingly no other reason than the amount of time that has passed since it was said? that has always baffled me.

i didn't really undestand the other "facts" you mentioned. something about civilizations and years and miles away from each other. didn't make any sense to me.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    No
    Do you speak Spanish? I don't. The Armstrong video is really useless.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited April 2015

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

very confusing

"for me that is proof"

to me that is ZERO.

if I drew a painting of god, does that prove god's existence? no, it proves I like to paint. nothing more.

If I drew a painting of a football field sized object that I say I saw floating above my head does that prove it's existence? no, it proves I like to paint. nothing more.

it would probably be a shitty painting by the way, I can't even draw a stickman.
    Yes

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

very confusing

"for me that is proof"

to me that is ZERO.

if I drew a painting of god, does that prove god's existence? no, it proves I like to paint. nothing more.

If I drew a painting of a football field sized object that I say I saw floating above my head does that prove it's existence? no, it proves I like to paint. nothing more.

it would probably be a shitty painting by the way, I can't even draw a stickman.
    I really wish I didn't have to keep repeating myself, but here we go again:

I never said that the object floating above was alien. I said I believed pjsoul saw what she saw. nothing more.

I have bolded it in hopes I don't have to say it again.

not to mention, I believe a first person account from someone I know from today 1,000 times more than a painting by someone 700 years ago with no context.

www.headstonesband.com

• Yes, and they have visited Earth

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

very confusing

"for me that is proof"

to me that is ZERO.

I never said that the object floating above was alien. I said I believed pjsoul saw what she saw. nothing more.

not to mention, I believe a first person account from someone I know from today 1,000 times more than a painting by someone 700 years ago with no context.

I don't know why you think you are repeating yourself. I never said either that you or anyone else called the floating object alien.

I know you said you believe what she saw. A floating object the size of a football field floating above her head, nothing more.

Am I right that you too believe that there was a football field sized object flying around Earth at one point?

The source should always be considered for any story. Billions of people believe in the bible. That does not make it true. I don't believe the story.

I would like to go as far to say that I find it incredibly hard to believe that every single person that was ever told this floating object story, either in person or via cyberland believes it.

Am I wrong or has this story never been questioned by anyone.?

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Look, I don't actually expect everyone or even anyone to believe me On the contrary. I expect most people not to believe me.

But i will mention that I do hope that PJfanwillneverleave1 is also an Atheist, or else your attitude about my story would be pretty hypocritical.

I am one of those that don't believe you.

I prefer the term "Without Religion" to describe me. Just like people who believe in God I don't believe them either. That doesn't make religious people liars but the story they tell I don't believe.
    Clearly! :lol: But you also seem to be saying that you don't believe I saw a huge thing go right over my head.
    I saw the texture of the surface of that thing - I can describe exactly what it looked like and sounded like and how it moved and the route it took in detail. I'm not making up what I saw. I understand you not believing that what I saw was an alien craft, but I'm not sure I get how you aren't believing that I saw something.
    There is no way in gods great earth :wink: that something the size of a football field flew around the sky with no other witnesses (save the one you were with) reporting it.
    No news article, no other mention of this anywhere?

Have you told anyone else personally about this? and I mean personally not via message board or text.

A person making a post who is not known to hundreds of thousands of people on this forum claiming this flying object thing happened to them and not get questioned once is a little odd.

If I went out right now and told one of my friends your tale and that I believe it because everyone else on the thread believes it they would tell me to lay off the sauce.

If someone I knew started making claims about a football field sized object that once flew above their head I would question them, and that is to someone I know.

A person who I don't know claiming such things on a message board in absolute anonymity deserves even more scrutiny.

Me not believing that you saw this should not be so unbelievable to you. It is an extraordinary factual claim on your part.
    so you answered the poll with "yes, and they have visited earth", but you are vehemetly denying that someone who says they saw something, not even claiming that it was of alien origin, but that they just saw something, and experienced something, is 100% lying?

so how can you recocnile one belief with another?

Because I saw a green alien last week. It was scary. I was alone though because the other person I was with was passed out at the time.
    pjsoul's friend saw the same thing. not sure why you keep harping on this "blacked out" nonsense.

I am not harping it was an attempt at humour but in her account she states "It's kind of a long story because it involves kind of a quasi temporary blackout period for the witnesses, which I don't want to go into".

I believe that meant the period after the fact where neither of them spoke about it or really remembered it. I could be wrong, though.

Try as I might.
    I just can't grasp what that part of her statement means.
    I don't want to guess or make assumptions and would rather that be explained by her.
    I actually corrected myself and specifically said that I'd chosen the wrong words to explain that part, and went into further detail about what it was actually like. Not a blackout at all. If you've forgotten what I posted, maybe go back and read it all again instead of saying stuff that isn't applicable or true.
    Ok, this is your account explained better
    "That's the long story part. I don't want to go into it again (I did post the whole story somewhere on these boards a long time ago, but can't remember where). But I really stated that wrong. It wasn't our memory really. It was more like a shared effect on our psychology with regard to the sighting. The end of the story is that 4 years later almost to the day (maybe to the exact day - we didn't really know, but it was the same month at least), we suddenly realized that we'd never spoken of the incident to anyone. Ever. Not even each other. Even though we were both fully aware that it had happened. When we realized that we were both shocked. It's like our emotions or reactions or whatever had been dulled to the point of indifferent acceptance. Even while it was happening. Then years later that bubble popped. It was fucked up (and probably the part that makes people most inclined not to believe the story and think I'm crazy). "

So when did start to tell people this story?
    Has everyone you told (in person or in cyberland) believed you with no questioning whatsoever?
    Your above explanation tells what you felt at a certain time. It doesn't make the football field sized floating object real.

Your first explanation involved quasi blackouts of the witnesses. Then your corrected explanation above does not really paint a clear picture of what happened. It paints a feeling you had.

Was it one or two people with you that day?

Yes

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

very confusing

"for me that is proof"

to me that is ZERO.

I don't know why you think you are repeating yourself. I never said either that you or anyone else called the floating object alien.

I know you said you believe what she saw. A floating object the size of a football field floating above her head, nothing more.

Am I right that you too believe that there was a football field sized object flying around Earth at one point?

The source should always be considered for any story. Billions of people believe in the bible. That does not make it true. I don't believe the story.

I would like to go as far to say that I find it incredibly hard to believe that every single person that was ever told this floating object story, either in person or via cyberland believes it.

Yes, i have considered the source. That is why i believe it, as stated before.

I also do not believe in the bible/god.

I cannot comment on if an object was floating around earth for a while. I have no idea. I wasnt there.

And i am not certain as to the significance as to how many/if any people have believed the story previously. What difference does that make?

www.headstonesband.com

No
    :anguished:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

very confusing

"for me that is proof"

to me that is ZERO.

Yes, i have considered the source. That is why i believe it, as stated before.

I also do not believe in the bible/god.

I cannot comment on if an object was floating around earth for a while. I have no idea. I wasnt there.

And i am not certain as to the significance as to how many/if any people have believed the story previously. What difference does that make?
    It is clear you believe the source. So is it also clear for me to think that you believe a football field sized floating object that appeared above someones head is real?

There is no significance as to how many people believed the story previously. The difference it makes is negligible.

To say you believe what someone is telling you makes you believe in all the details no?

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

very confusing

"for me that is proof"

to me that is ZERO.

Unfortunately, I couldn't see through a windshield into the cockpit and spy an alien in the captain's seat. I wish.
    I believe that it was an alien craft because I absolutely do not believe that humans could make that thing, nor that the strange calm response we had while it was there was natural. But I obviously have no proof of aliens, no matter how much I believe it. I only know I saw the craft very clearly. I had a good 10 minutes to stare at it while came over one horizon, passed directly over my head, and disappeared over the other horizon. Whether it was alien or not is completely left to conjecture.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

very confusing

"for me that is proof"

to me that is ZERO.

I only know I saw the craft very clearly. I had a good 10 minutes to stare at it while came over one horizon, passed directly over my head, and disappeared over the other horizon.
    Which two horizons?

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

very confusing

"for me that is proof"

to me that is ZERO.

then you need to look up the true definition of proof. if I drew a painting of god, does that prove god's existence? no, it proves I like to paint. nothing more.

why do people seem to give more credence to things said long ago, for seemingly no other reason than the amount of time that has passed since it was said? that has always baffled me.

i didn't really undestand the other "facts" you mentioned. something about civilizations and years and miles away from each other. didn't make any sense to me.

Maya civilization..about 750 DC
    Egypt civilization..about 3000 DC
    Hopi civilization..about 1100 AD
    Mesopotamian civilization..about 5000 DC
    Chinese civilization..about 2000 DC
    Greek civilization..about 7000 DC
    maybe the numbers are not very right, but you get the point..
    THEY ALL SAY THE SAME STORY..HOW???
    700 years ago they didn't have the definition for the word ''UFO'', and someone paint it???..that could happen only if that someone had see something..and not to mention the rock paintings in Australia 2000 years ago..for me its common sense..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Do you speak Spanish? I don't. The Armstrong video is really useless.

You didn't hear Armstrong and Huston speak english???
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Yes
    23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

very confusing

"for me that is proof"

to me that is ZERO.

Maya civilization..about 750 DC
    Egypt civilization..about 3000 DC
    Hopi civilization..about 1100 AD
    Mesopotamian civilization..about 5000 DC
    Chinese civilization..about 2000 DC
    Greek civilization..about 7000 DC
    maybe the numbers are not very right, but you get the point..
    THEY ALL SAY THE SAME STORY..HOW???
    700 years ago they didn't have the definition for the word ''UFO'', and someone paint it???..that could happen only if that someone had see something..and not to mention the rock paintings in Australia 2000 years ago..for me its common sense..
    no, that's not common sense. common sense is "if you throw something in the air, it will come down". stories and news got passed around through nomadic communities even way back then. there might be a logical explanation to it. you just seem a little too eager to believe.

I'm not sure what "stories" you are referring to anyway.

www.headstonesband.com

edited April 2015
    the GODS who came from the skies and teach the people..
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Yes
    23scidoo said:

now you've REALLY lost me.

www.headstonesband.com

23scidoo said:

why??..its simple..if you read about the ancient cultures, you gonna find the same story again and again..with some variations ofcourse..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Yes
    23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

why??..its simple..if you read about the ancient cultures, you gonna find the same story again and again..with some variations ofcourse..
    what you need to understand is that you are throwing out little tidbits of "knowledge" with zero context, which makes it incredibly difficult to have any clue what it is you are talking about.

just throwing out "the gods who came from the skies" means nothing to me. and probably not to anyone else who hasn't read about ancient cultures.

www.headstonesband.com

Yes
    23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

there are also the same story again and again with regards to the resurrection of a god....jesus.....same story (with some variations) throughout ancient history......just means the story was co opted by others as their own. not proof or evidence.

www.headstonesband.com

edited April 2015

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

what you need to understand is that you are throwing out little tidbits of "knowledge" with zero context, which makes it incredibly difficult to have any clue what it is you are talking about.

just throwing out "the gods who came from the skies" means nothing to me. and probably not to anyone else who hasn't read about ancient cultures.

My issue about the idea that ancient cultures' gods are somehow evidence of aliens is that there are all kinds of gods in human history, and there is a ridiculous story link to each and every one of them. Just because some of those stories happen to be that the god came out of the sky (as opposed to up from the groud, the sea, or whatever) means nothing without more information. I mean, some ancient cultures worshipped the moon, the sun, and the stars, not to mention birds. Those "out of the sky" stories could stem from any one of those things too. Unless there is a corresponding picture in a cave drawn by the people from that culture of an actual spaceship landing or something, that a god came out of the sky to impart wisdom is basically meaningless in the context of evidence of aliens (outside of the imagination, that is.... and 233scidoo, and admire your imagination and openmindedness when it comes to this topic for sure). However, those kinds of stories can certainly be looked at and one could say that one possibility might be alien visits.... but it would be pure speculation without any good foundation.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    edited April 2015
    I'd post some pics of ancient artifacts found to be over 5000 years old with odd creatures and a spacecraft attached to it, if I knew how. There are things people have found all over the world that point to the skys
    No
    At some point you have to use your common sense and realize that invisible people in the skies aren't communicating with anyone. Either in ancient times or now. This thread has turned from extra terrestrial to super natural. Plus, not o e person has provided any evidence of anything that was extra terrestrial. Not once.

At some point you have to use your common sense and realize that invisible people in the skies aren't communicating with anyone. Either in ancient times or now. This thread has turned from extra terrestrial to super natural. Plus, not o e person has provided any evidence of anything that was extra terrestrial. Not once.

Common sense would tell you with 100's of BILLIONS of galaxies, there's life somewhere out there.
    badbrains said:

I'd post some pics of ancient artifacts found to be over 5000 years old with odd creatures and a spacecraft attached to it, if I knew how. There are things people have found all over the world that point to the skys

Yeah, I'd like to see them!
    edited April 2015
    No
    badbrains said:

Common sense would tell you with 100's of BILLIONS of galaxies, there's life somewhere out there.
    Ok, show me. I've said many times that I am open to the possibility nart, of microbes, ameobas, and bacterial life forms out there. Yes, common sense would dictate that.

But until the day comes that one of our satellites proves it, I won't believe it. Some of you have voted yes, and they've visited here. Surely there must be some proof of that somewhere. You're so confidentß. Common sense does NOT dictate them having traveled here. All we know is it takes light years for a human made satellite to get to a place that could hold some life. So 1) if there has been ET visitors here who are they and where did they come from? And 2) where's the proof?
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on

badbrains said:

Ok, show me. I've said many times that I am open to the possibility nart, of microbes, ameobas, and bacterial life forms out there. Yes, common sense would dictate that.

But until the day comes that one of our satellites proves it, I won't believe it. Some of you have voted yes, and they've visited here. Surely there must be some proof of that somewhere. You're so confidentß. Common sense does NOT dictate them having traveled here. All we know is it takes light years for a human made satellite to get to a place that could hold some life. So 1) if there has been ET visitors here who are they and where did they come from? And 2) where's the proof?
    Do you believe in God?

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

maybe you should read about them..i can't teach to anyone..always friendly ofcourse..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

My issue about the idea that ancient cultures' gods are somehow evidence of aliens is that there are all kinds of gods in human history, and there is a ridiculous story link to each and every one of them. Just because some of those stories happen to be that the god came out of the sky (as opposed to up from the groud, the sea, or whatever) means nothing without more information. I mean, some ancient cultures worshipped the moon, the sun, and the stars, not to mention birds. Those "out of the sky" stories could stem from any one of those things too. Unless there is a corresponding picture in a cave drawn by the people from that culture of an actual spaceship landing or something, that a god came out of the sky to impart wisdom is basically meaningless in the context of evidence of aliens (outside of the imagination, that is.... and 233scidoo, and admire your imagination and openmindedness when it comes to this topic for sure). However, those kinds of stories can certainly be looked at and one could say that one possibility might be alien visits.... but it would be pure speculation without any good foundation.
    ''We all be thinking with our different brains'', as our common friend said..thats why we are here and talk about aliens and ufos..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.