Do Aliens Exist?

Comments

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,243
    Yes, and they have visited Earth
    PJ_Soul said:

shared effect on your memory? sorry, can you explain that? I'm not sure what that means.

That's the long story part. I don't want to go into it again (I did post the whole story somewhere on these boards a long time ago, but can't remember where). But I really stated that wrong. It wasn't our memory really. It was more like a shared effect on our psychology with regard to the sighting. The end of the story is that 4 years later almost to the day (maybe to the exact day - we didn't really know, but it was the same month at least), we suddenly realized that we'd never spoken of the incident to anyone. Ever. Not even each other. Even though we were both fully aware that it had happened. When we realized that we were both shocked. It's like our emotions or reactions or whatever had been dulled to the point of indifferent acceptance. Even while it was happening. Then years later that bubble popped. It was fucked up (and probably the part that makes people most inclined not to believe the story and think I'm crazy).
    I believe you too. Although I have never experienced anything like this I have heard eerily similar stories. Both from people I am close to and people (such as yourself) that I have never met. And the similarities in stories is what fucks me up. Especially when its from the ones I am close to and know are not liars, attention seeking, crazy people.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

shared effect on your memory? sorry, can you explain that? I'm not sure what that means.

That's the long story part. I don't want to go into it again (I did post the whole story somewhere on these boards a long time ago, but can't remember where). But I really stated that wrong. It wasn't our memory really. It was more like a shared effect on our psychology with regard to the sighting. The end of the story is that 4 years later almost to the day (maybe to the exact day - we didn't really know, but it was the same month at least), we suddenly realized that we'd never spoken of the incident to anyone. Ever. Not even each other. Even though we were both fully aware that it had happened. When we realized that we were both shocked. It's like our emotions or reactions or whatever had been dulled to the point of indifferent acceptance. Even while it was happening. Then years later that bubble popped. It was fucked up (and probably the part that makes people most inclined not to believe the story and think I'm crazy).
    so even while, or right after, it happened, you didn't turn to each other and say "what the fuck was that????"? that is crazy. Maybe because everything we know of life on earth couldn't explain what happened to you, and so you couldn't process it properly to verbalize it? that's just my pathetic armchair psychological attempt.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited April 2015

PJ_Soul said:

so even while, or right after, it happened, you didn't turn to each other and say "what the fuck was that????"? that is crazy. Maybe because everything we know of life on earth couldn't explain what happened to you, and so you couldn't process it properly to verbalize it? that's just my pathetic armchair psychological attempt.

Yeah, while it was happening we were just like, "What's that coming towards us?" and sat and watched. Then when it was gone, we looked at each other, said something like, "Wow," shrugged, and walked home. We never mentioned it again for those 4 years. I mean, we knew what we'd just seen. We weren't freaked, we weren't in denial. We both remember the exact texture and appearance of the material it was made of, every detail. We just didn't experience any strong emotion about it. Very unnatural, really. I find that part most fucked up too. Like, wtf, did that things (or those things) do to our brains?!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    No
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, while it was happening we were just like, "What's that?" and sat and watched. Then when it was gone, we looked at each other, said something like, "Wow," shrugged, and walked home. Never mentioned it again for 4 years. I find that part most fucked up too. Like, wtf, did that things (or those things) do to our brains?!
    You think whatever it was did something to you?
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, while it was happening we were just like, "What's that coming towards us?" and sat and watched. Then when it was gone, we looked at each other, said something like, "Wow," shrugged, and walked home. We never mentioned it again for those 4 years. I mean, we knew what we'd just seen. We just didn't experience any emotion about it. Very unnatural, really. I find that part most fucked up too. Like, wtf, did that things (or those things) do to our brains?!
    crazy shit.

www.headstonesband.com

edited April 2015

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, while it was happening we were just like, "What's that?" and sat and watched. Then when it was gone, we looked at each other, said something like, "Wow," shrugged, and walked home. Never mentioned it again for 4 years. I find that part most fucked up too. Like, wtf, did that things (or those things) do to our brains?!
    Well I don't know for sure, but it seems that way, since our reactions and feelings about it were unnaturally muted at the time, we both never even thought to tell anyone even though we knew the gravity of what we'd seen, we both had the exact SAME reaction.... and exact same feelings about it when we later experienced some kind of opening of that door emotionally, at the same time, and in retrospect know that this wasn't some kind of strange case of mutual denial. That's pretty fucked up and unexplainable, so we assume there must be something behind that....... image
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Well I don't know for sure, but it seems that way, since our reactions and feelings about it were unnaturally muted at the time, we both never even thought to tell anyone even though we knew the gravity of what we'd seen, we both had the exact SAME reaction.... and exact same feelings about it when we later experienced some kind of opening of that door emotionally, at the same time, and in retrospect know that this wasn't some kind of strange case of mutual denial. That's pretty fucked up and unexplainable, so we assume there must be something behind that....... image
    I would have to agree.

www.headstonesband.com

edited April 2015
    Seems kind of annoyingly convenient for the deniers though, lol. I am not oblivious to that. I mean, we couldn't have been the ONLY ones to see this thing. It was only around 9:30 or 10:00 at night.... That weird failure to talk about it would explain why it wasn't all over the news or something, right?? ...... I think this theory actually helps the deniers because it just seems so on the nose, haha. Nevertheless, it happened. I can't help that it specifically doesn't lend itself to allowing for proof, unfortunately.
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

Seems kind of annoyingly convenient for the deniers though, lol. I am not oblivious that. I mean, we couldn't have been the ONLY ones to see this thing. It was only around 9:30 or 10:00 at night.... That weird failure to talk about it would explain why it wasn't all over the news or something, right?? ...... I think this theory actually helps the deniers because it just seems so on the nose, haha. Nevertheless, it happened. I can't help that it specifically doesn't lend itself to allowing for proof, unfortunately.

thing is, I have always heard accounts from yokels and backwood types, people you might expect to think they experienced something extraterrestrial when in fact it just might be technology they aren't aware of. but having "known" you, it makes me rethink my stance. no, you didn't see a "being", but that psychological effect it had, whatever it was, gives it a compelling, I'll say, "texture".

www.headstonesband.com

Well thanks for not thinking I'm loony HFD, lol! I am pretty self-conscious about telling the story because of people's reactions... I tried to avoid even telling the story again, but that proved difficult while still participating in this thread.
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

Well thanks for not thinking I'm loony HFD, lol! I am pretty self-conscious about telling the story because of people's reactions... I tried to avoid even telling the story again, but that proved difficult while still participating in this thread.

totally understandable.

www.headstonesband.com

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

PJ_Soul said:

Seems kind of annoyingly convenient for the deniers though, lol. I am not oblivious that. I mean, we couldn't have been the ONLY ones to see this thing. It was only around 9:30 or 10:00 at night.... That weird failure to talk about it would explain why it wasn't all over the news or something, right?? ...... I think this theory actually helps the deniers because it just seems so on the nose, haha. Nevertheless, it happened. I can't help that it specifically doesn't lend itself to allowing for proof, unfortunately.

thing is, I have always heard accounts from yokels and backwood types, people you might expect to think they experienced something extraterrestrial when in fact it just might be technology they aren't aware of. but having "known" you, it makes me rethink my stance. no, you didn't see a "being", but that psychological effect it had, whatever it was, gives it a compelling, I'll say, "texture".

I was thinking the same thing, Hugh.

Chick's got credence in my book!
    Aww, thanks! ;)
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    May we should change that last option to "Yes, and they have visited PJ_Soul"
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,091

I'd love to believe there is more out there. I just want to see some proof. In this day and age of camera phones, somebody should have been able to record something. That is why if there is something out there, I am 100% convinced they haven't been here. It's just too coincidental that everyone that has "seen something" in the past 5 years forgot their phone in the car.

if a saw you some hundrents of videos, you gonna say its fake..or any other explenation you like..

but videos of flying objects is, in my mind anyway, not proof of anything. that could be experimental military shit for all I know. if I see a BEING, then I'd be convinced.

I'm not saying they HAVEN'T been here, I'm just saying that if I saw real proof of alien life visiting earth, then yeah, I'd believe it.

The only proof for all you people is if Alien knock your door someday or CNN's breaking news..you talk about military..in these days we living, ok, maybe..but 100 or 200 or 1000 years ago???..and none of you still answer my questions..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..

23scidoo said:

PJ_Soul said:

Just found this thread. Haven't been over in these parts much lately. Not gonna read through 17 pages so I'm sure everything I would say has been covered but to me there is no doubt they exist and have been here.

Same here (some of us have a real reason to believe they've been here of course... for those who don't have such a reason, I fully appreciate why they'd think that's ridiculous. I would too).
    ok, I'm open minded. if someone were to give me some details on why they believe/know aliens have been here, do tell. but to just come out with random factoids like 23 did, that just fuels the "cukoo" perspective.

are you saying you've seen a craft? if so, how do you know it's not of this earth?
    or are you saying you've had an interpersonal experience with an extraterrestrial being?

I'd love to believe there is more out there. I just want to see some proof. In this day and age of camera phones, somebody should have been able to record something. That is why if there is something out there, I am 100% convinced they haven't been here. It's just too coincidental that everyone that has "seen something" in the past 5 years forgot their phone in the car.
    if a saw you some hundrents of videos, you gonna say its fake..or any other explenation you like..
    Yes, if you showed me a video of an unexplained light in the sky, I probably wouldn't give it much thought. Show me proof. Something real. You believing the pyramids are unexplained doesn't show proof of anything.
    the pyramids is the most simple example to show you something wrong is here..the first step out of ignorance, is realιse that the most things they tell you(school,govenments,media)are lies..or not the whole truth..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Just found this thread. Haven't been over in these parts much lately. Not gonna read through 17 pages so I'm sure everything I would say has been covered but to me there is no doubt they exist and have been here.

Same here (some of us have a real reason to believe they've been here of course... for those who don't have such a reason, I fully appreciate why they'd think that's ridiculous. I would too).
    ok, I'm open minded. if someone were to give me some details on why they believe/know aliens have been here, do tell. but to just come out with random factoids like 23 did, that just fuels the "cukoo" perspective.

are you saying you've seen a craft? if so, how do you know it's not of this earth?
    or are you saying you've had an interpersonal experience with an extraterrestrial being?

I have seen a craft.... I hate telling the story because people think I'm nuts (and I can't blame them - I don't think I'd believe it either if someone told me the same thing). It's kind of a long story because it involves kind of a quasi temporary blackout period for the witnesses, which I don't want to go into, but in a nutshell (pun intended), it was the size of a football field and only maybe 500 meters up, moving at about 15 miles an hour right over my head. And I wasn't alone. My friend was there too. I feel comfortable saying it wasn't of this Earth - humans can't do what that was yet. This was no light zipping through the sky. This was more like a close encounter.
    But no, I didn't see any actual alien beings.
    Brave man..and what a surprise..you are not silly!!!!..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

edited April 2015
    At 1'50 until 2'26 is this Armstrong and Aldrin talking with Houston or not??..

https://youtu.be/lS9FsfwpbeY

Post edited by 23scidoo on
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    23scidoo said:

Ya I read somewhere in one of my books that the astronauts even tell Houston "we have some visitors watching us"
    badbrains said:

23scidoo said:

Ya I read somewhere in one of my books that the astronauts even tell Houston "we have some visitors watching us"
    They refer to them as ''Santa Claus''..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Yes
    23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yes, if you showed me a video of an unexplained light in the sky, I probably wouldn't give it much thought. Show me proof. Something real. You believing the pyramids are unexplained doesn't show proof of anything.
    the pyramids is the most simple example to show you something wrong is here..the first step out of ignorance, is realιse that the most things they tell you(school,govenments,media)are lies..or not the whole truth..
    How is the pyramids an example of something wrong? And please try to be specific. Not just vague hyperbole.

www.headstonesband.com

edited April 2015
    23scidoo said:

but videos of flying objects is, in my mind anyway, not proof of anything. that could be experimental military shit for all I know. if I see a BEING, then I'd be convinced.

I'm not saying they HAVEN'T been here, I'm just saying that if I saw real proof of alien life visiting earth, then yeah, I'd believe it.

The only proof for all you people is if Alien knock your door someday or CNN's breaking news..you talk about military..in these days we living, ok, maybe..but 100 or 200 or 1000 years ago???..and none of you still answer my questions..

Unfortunately I saw mine in 1993, when no one had a camera in their pocket.
    (Btw, i just realized I said it was maybe 500 meters up. I meant feet. And that is still too high (not good with visualizing measurements, lol) It was very low - not far above the tree tops, however high that is...
    Yes
    23scidoo said:

That is quite simply not true, not for all of us, anyway. I would be more inclined to believe something if I hear a first person account from someone, as pjsoul did. All of your "proof" or "evidence" is really nothing of the kind, so far. Saying the pyramids are proof to me is the same as a christian telling me the mere existence of the universe is proof of a god. Can I prove aliens didn't build them? Nope. But that doesn't mean they did. There are many mysteries of the world around us...all it proves is our inability to understand them.

And what questions of your are we not answering? All I see is someone making a lot of fantastical claims bit is unwilling to explain where this "knowledge" comes from. You claimed to know that some alien societies commit acts of war. Please explain to me how you came to this conclusion. And don't tell me that the proof is in videos on youtube.

www.headstonesband.com

• Yes, and they have visited Earth

23scidoo said:

That is quite simply not true, not for all of us, anyway. I would be more inclined to believe something if I hear a first person account from someone, as pjsoul did. All of your "proof" or "evidence" is really nothing of the kind, so far. Saying the pyramids are proof to me is the same as a christian telling me the mere existence of the universe is proof of a god. Can I prove aliens didn't build them? Nope. But that doesn't mean they did. There are many mysteries of the world around us...all it proves is our inability to understand them.

And what questions of your are we not answering? All I see is someone making a lot of fantastical claims bit is unwilling to explain where this "knowledge" comes from. You claimed to know that some alien societies commit acts of war. Please explain to me how you came to this conclusion. And don't tell me that the proof is in videos on youtube.
    Hugh, I find it hard to believe that a first person account telling you a story that they saw something unexplainable would incline you to believe.

I just might as well tell you that I saw an alien last week, he was green and tall and scary. Oh and you are the first person I told. Do you believe me?

A first person account telling a story is in no way proof of anything.
    It is confusing that you demand proof before believing and on the same token say you are more inclined to believe a first person account of something.

I too demand proof for anything, especially someone saying they saw and alien, ufo, bigfoot etc.

edited April 2015
    (For the record, this is far from the first time I have told my story in 18 years, lol. I think he just meant he's more inclined to believe someone he doesn't consider a big liar than to take some of the stuff that has been posted as proof of anything. No? Also, in didn't see something unexplainable. I thought i explained it pretty well. ;) )

I thought they'd already figured out how the pyramids were built?? I saw a documentary about it. They floated the blocks down rivers to move them long distances, and used simple extraordinary manpower (more slaves than we can really imagine) to lug the stones using the old logs under the rock and move one from the back to the front as you move trick, and built ramps spiraling up as they added each layer of stone.
    Yes

23scidoo said:

Hugh, I find it hard to believe that a first person account telling you a story that they saw something unexplainable would incline you to believe.

I just might as well tell you that I saw an alien last week, he was green and tall and scary. Oh and you are the first person I told. Do you believe me?

It is confusing that you demand proof before believing and on the same token say you are more inclined to believe a first person account of something.

I too demand proof for anything, especially someone saying they saw and alien, ufo, bigfoot etc.

Its called considering the source. Where did I say that a first person account is proof? All i said was I believe pjsoul when she said she saw a craft and had a strange experience. Nowhere did I say that I believe she saw aliens. To my recollection, she never made that claim either. Maybe she believes it was extraterrestrials, and that's fine. The jury is still out for me on what that was. I am not going to sit here and claim that she is lying, cause I dont believe that to be true.

www.headstonesband.com

Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

(For the record, this is far from the first time I have told my story in 18 years, lol. I think he just meant he's more inclined to believe someone he doesn't consider a big liar than to take some of the stuff that has been posted as proof of anything. No? Also, in didn't see something unexplainable. I thought i explained it pretty well. ;) )

I thought they'd already figured out how the pyramids were built?? I saw a documentary about it. They floated the blocks down rivers to move them long distances, and used simple extraordinary manpower (more slaves than we can really imagine) to lug the stones using the old logs under the rock and move one from the back to the front as you move trick, and built ramps spiraling up as they added each layer of stone.

Yes, this is what i was driving at as well. I think that most experts have theories on how they were built, and many of those theories vary, but except for pro-alien websites, everyone pretty much agrees that it was entirely possible for humans to have constructed them. Keep in mind, they weren't busy sitting around f5-ing for a mystery vinyl sale.

www.headstonesband.com

• Yes, and they have visited Earth

23scidoo said:

Its called considering the source. Where did I say that a first person account is proof? All i said was I believe pjsoul when she said she saw a craft and had a strange experience. Nowhere did I say that I believe she saw aliens. To my recollection, she never made that claim either. Maybe she believes it was extraterrestrials, and that's fine. The jury is still out for me on what that was. I am not going to sit here and claim that she is lying, cause I dont believe that to be true.

I understand what considering the source is. From anyone reading these forums they don't know you or pjsoul from adam. So to say you believe what was told to you by this random person on the internet makes a party of two that profess to believe that a craft was seen and a strange experience happened.

I never said that aliens were seen in this story, I used that as my example. I saw a green alien last week, it was scary. Do you believe me? If you don't why not? It certainly can't be the source. I am just a random guy telling you I saw an alien. No different than a random person telling you they saw a strange craft and felt a strange experience.

I am not saying this person is a liar but I most certainly do not believe what they are saying is true.

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

I understand what considering the source is. From anyone reading these forums they don't know you or pjsoul from adam. So to say you believe what was told to you by this random person on the internet makes a party of two that profess to believe that a craft was seen and a strange experience happened.

I never said that aliens were seen in this story, I used that as my example. I saw a green alien last week, it was scary. Do you believe me? If you don't why not? It certainly can't be the source. I am just a random guy telling you I saw an alien. No different than a random person telling you they saw a strange craft and felt a strange experience.

I am not saying this person is a liar but I most certainly do not believe what they are saying is true.

PJfan, I won't speak for anyone else, but as one who's forged friendships and more through this place, to consider the folks here random - it may be your view, and obviously that's fine; it's certainly valid and does apply at times - I think it overlooks, underrates? the connections made.

Even the ones I don't regularly "speak" with affect me in some pretty profound ways.

Maybe it's instinctive, but there are some here I just know are genuine and trustworthy.

(and if I may add...it fucking rocks)

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    PjSoul,I thought you we're going to keep it a secret?