How do you feel about LEFTOVERS??

Comments

• ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    Not sure if this counts as a leftover, but.... today we found a long-forgotten, previously unopened bottle of lime juice with a best before date of December 15, 2012. It smelled okay so in it went to the stir fry (we were out of real limes or we would have used that).

I'm still alive. Yeah yeah yeah.

(can you beat that, imalive?)

oh come on, it's an acid plus you cooked it.....so safe, are you even trying??????

You're complaining because it's cooked? Of course it's cooked - it was stir fry. Stir fry, the operative word being "fry" (and stir. That's an operative word, too). You have to keep up with these nuances. I know someone said you were smart and all (although I think that someone was trying to hit on you at the time), but I'm just not seeing it today.

I was just saying if your going to challenge the consumer of way over expired yogurts you may have wanted a wee bit of a stronger stance, than a sealed acid that you then cooked for extra safety. See still smart :-D

Oh, come on. We all know that yogurt is safe for weeks after expiry date because it is, yes, acidic (hey, your argument, not mine). Plus also full of good bacteria anyway, which will do mortal combat with the bad bacteria. According to a reputable source (i.e. google), as long as there is no mold evident it's safe, and apparently "if you do consume yogurt with this sour taste/smell or even yogurt with a bluish-tinge (indicating mold formation), the worst that will happen is a slight tummy-ache and perhaps some diarrhea, and these are self-limiting, and resolve harmlessly without any sequelae, usually within 12 to 24 hours". See, northerndragon, still not quite up to our standards today.

And imalive shouldn't feel we need to get all the details if, in fact, moldy yogurt is consumed.

Touche, m'lady.....I'm gonna blame it on the sleep deprivation and the hangover....although I did make you work for the win so not a total loss..

I'm with you on the sleep deprivation bit but not the hangover. Was working (on call) yesterday 08:00 Saturday to 08:00 this morning, so no alcohol for me.

Had a great dinner of chicken smoked in our smoker, roast potatoes, sauted lemon carrots and fresh buns. Lots for ....leftovers tomorrow!

Drooooooool

Sidebar: how do we not have a drool-y smiley?

Your dinner sounds delicious!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    food is best the next day unless its steak or roast..
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    love leftovers

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    One of the favorite breakfasts in our house is meatloaf sandwiches made from last night's meatloaf.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    ldent42 wrote: »
    Not sure if this counts as a leftover, but.... today we found a long-forgotten, previously unopened bottle of lime juice with a best before date of December 15, 2012. It smelled okay so in it went to the stir fry (we were out of real limes or we would have used that).

oh come on, it's an acid plus you cooked it.....so safe, are you even trying??????

You're complaining because it's cooked? Of course it's cooked - it was stir fry. Stir fry, the operative word being "fry" (and stir. That's an operative word, too). You have to keep up with these nuances. I know someone said you were smart and all (although I think that someone was trying to hit on you at the time), but I'm just not seeing it today.

I was just saying if your going to challenge the consumer of way over expired yogurts you may have wanted a wee bit of a stronger stance, than a sealed acid that you then cooked for extra safety. See still smart :-D

Oh, come on. We all know that yogurt is safe for weeks after expiry date because it is, yes, acidic (hey, your argument, not mine). Plus also full of good bacteria anyway, which will do mortal combat with the bad bacteria. According to a reputable source (i.e. google), as long as there is no mold evident it's safe, and apparently "if you do consume yogurt with this sour taste/smell or even yogurt with a bluish-tinge (indicating mold formation), the worst that will happen is a slight tummy-ache and perhaps some diarrhea, and these are self-limiting, and resolve harmlessly without any sequelae, usually within 12 to 24 hours". See, northerndragon, still not quite up to our standards today.

And imalive shouldn't feel we need to get all the details if, in fact, moldy yogurt is consumed.

Touche, m'lady.....I'm gonna blame it on the sleep deprivation and the hangover....although I did make you work for the win so not a total loss..

I'm with you on the sleep deprivation bit but not the hangover. Was working (on call) yesterday 08:00 Saturday to 08:00 this morning, so no alcohol for me.

Had a great dinner of chicken smoked in our smoker, roast potatoes, sauted lemon carrots and fresh buns. Lots for ....leftovers tomorrow!

Drooooooool

Ident42, there is a drooling smiley: =P~ He is third row down, eighth block over on the smiley grid.
    ELITIST FUK
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    One of the favorite breakfasts in our house is meatloaf sandwiches made from last night's meatloaf.

I'll make sure I'm not at your House then haha :p
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    Obviously you have never tried my meatloaf. :)
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Leftover pizza for lunch
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Obviously you have never tried my meatloaf.
    Cold leftover meatloaf sandwiches with Miracle Whip, please. No yucky Mayo. (I eat fairly healthy, but hate real Mayo.)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,893
    deadendp wrote: »
    Cold leftover meatloaf sandwiches with Miracle Whip, please. No yucky Mayo. (I eat fairly healthy, but hate real Mayo.)

no, to mayo.....hell yes to ketchup!

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    SD48277 wrote: »

Drooooooool

Ident42, there is a drooling smiley: =P~ He is third row down, eighth block over on the smiley grid.

Wow THAT's what that's supposed to be? IDK I'm blind.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15

Drooooooool

terrible.....just terrible.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    This thread should rot in the trash, like most of imalives refrigerator contents.
    imalive wrote: »

Drooooooool

terrible.....just terrible.

Hey, I didn't design it.
    ELITIST FUK
  • This thread should rot in the trash, like most of imalives refrigerator contents.

Are you trying to bury your evidence?

no, to mayo.....hell yes to ketchup!
    As long as it is 10 years past date? ;-)
    So what do you do when you have got too little to save but you're tooooooo full to eat another bite?

I still save it.
  • Leftovers are the food of the gods....most things taste better the next day and as an added bonus I do not have to cook....sometimes for a couple of days in a row. Not only does it taste good it makes my day better :)

Had delicious veggie pasta leftovers for dinner tonight,
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    Had leftover baked chicken tonight for dinner. I purposely made enough last night for two nights. Yum!
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Absolutely love leftover meatloaf sandwiches. With plenty of Mayo, not Miracle Whip. Shit's disgusting. And save the ketchup for the hotdogs (oops, that's a different thread).

Lunch today will be leftover curry from last night. Yum!
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007

That must be some Meatloaf ;)
  • Meatloaf is awesome, if it's not then you're not doing it right.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    edited January 2015
    i_lov_it wrote: »

Meatloaf is awesome, if it's not then you're not doing it right.

The food not the Singer, right?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

Hobbes wrote: »
    Absolutely love leftover meatloaf sandwiches. With plenty of Mayo, not Miracle Whip. Shit's disgusting. And save the ketchup for the hotdogs (oops, that's a different thread).

you are sooooooo fucked up (no offense!)

ketchup on meatloaf, mustard on hotdogs, both on burgers, mayo-type things on cold cuts. period. end of discussion.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    lolobugg wrote: »

both are awesome.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

both are awesome.

I would eat anything for leftovers,
    but I won't eat that (expired yogurt)

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

I would eat anything for leftovers,
    but I won't eat that (expired yogurt)

Looks like Halifaxxxxx has some competition.
    ELITIST FUK

ketchup on meatloaf, mustard on hotdogs, both on burgers, mayo-type things on cold cuts. period. end of discussion.
    Says the man who will eat yogurt that basically has hair and teeth. If you'll eat that stuff, you should try a Mayo type product (whatever your choice is) on cold meatloaf just once. I promise that it won't kill you or give you food poisoning at all! ;-)
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

RKCNDY wrote: »

I refuse to eat cold pizza, gross.

damn.....that makes you an elitist.

:neutral face:

I will eat leftover pizza, it just has to be re-heated...in the oven.

cold pizza just reminds me of all the people I've known who leave it out on the counter for a few days and still eat it.

mayo and miracle whip are both gross
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless

Says the man who will eat yogurt that basically has hair and teeth. If you'll eat that stuff, you should try a Mayo type product (whatever your choice is) on cold meatloaf just once. I promise that it won't kill you or give you food poisoning at all! ;-)

well.......mayo is what makes the whopper the whopper (and gives it 730 cal and 44g of fat)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16