Options

Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    doompony wrote:
    nope.

we had allocated seating. pretty good seats if i do say so myself.

given that half my high school was there and all those people are huge PJ nerds, i was surprised the place wasn't more noisy... but i guess SOMEONE had to start it and no one did.

We didn't have allocated seating thank goodness....normally you do in that cinema but they didn't put it on for some reason.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Did people clap at the end? No one did here....

One person clapped, and then quite a few people laughed at the clapper because nobody else joined in.
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    -Emma- wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Did people clap at the end? No one did here....

One person clapped, and then quite a few people laughed at the clapper because nobody else joined in.

Who claps at a fucking movie? Who the fuck are they clapping? The little kid who started the projector?
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    bazzer wrote:
    ...and I bought the backpack! :lol:
    so cut it's out of stock, good work!
    When my wife got home I had to tell her that I'd spent nearly $100 on the Blu-ray set (no worries) and that I'd also bought a backpack!

"How much was it, $50?"
    "More."
    "$60?"
    "More."
    "$70?"
    "More, pretty much the same as the Blu-ray!"
    "$100 on a backpack?!"
    "I'll put all my PJ stuff in it."
    "No you won't, for that price, you'd better use it everytime we go on holiday!"
    "Actually, love, it's sold out now so I can probably flip it for a profit!" :lol:
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    nope.

we had allocated seating. pretty good seats if i do say so myself.

given that half my high school was there and all those people are huge PJ nerds, i was surprised the place wasn't more noisy... but i guess SOMEONE had to start it and no one did.

We didn't have allocated seating thank goodness....normally you do in that cinema but they didn't put it on for some reason.

We sat six rows back, centre stage.

Oh and there was a woman sitting near us all on her own, who looked around 60 years old. I thought that was kind of cool.

Dallas and I clapped a bit at the end but no-one else did. :oops: :)
  • Options
    My pearl jam twent book arrived today from amazon. Can't wait to flick through and look atvthe pictures and get someone to help me with the words bu I'm dirty as fuck from work so it'll have to wait a bit.
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    PJ 20 book just landed on my doorstep (from the 10C). AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW JEAH.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    Cool to hear they're arriving Down Under, hopefully mine won't be long away. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    My pearl jam twent book arrived today from amazon. Can't wait to flick through and look atvthe pictures and get someone to help me with the words bu I'm dirty as fuck from work so it'll have to wait a bit.

What kind of postage did u use fishy?
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:

What kind of postage did u use fishy?

just the normal basic shipping.
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    A phsycic freind of mine said today I will be at another Pearl Jam concert around Febuary 2012.......
    "WTF??" I said.........
    I don't have a passport so obviously the tourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr is here.

8-)
    and that's all I know in regards to rumours..................
  • Options
    Jo wrote:
    A phsycic freind of mine said today I will be at another Pearl Jam concert around Febuary 2012.......
    "WTF??" I said.........
    I don't have a passport so obviously the tourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr is here.

8-)
    and that's all I know in regards to rumours..................

Tease................................................. :?
  • Options
    PJ20 movie again Monday night! YAY!
    http://www.eventcinemas.co.nz/movie/HO0 ... 2011-10-04
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    morello wrote:

Cant wait!!
    See you there!!

I was soo excited to see that it is screening again the day we get to Auckland for Chris Cornell. I'v been told he is in the movie so it will be a good way to start off the week!! SO EXCITED!!!
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    So Soundgarden are one of the headliners at the Big Day Out 2012. :o
  • Options
    topaztopaz Posts: 301
    Cant wait!!
    See you there!!

I was soo excited to see that it is screening again the day we get to Auckland for Chris Cornell. I'v been told he is in the movie so it will be a good way to start off the week!! SO EXCITED!!!

Glad you can check it out! Make heapsa noise I say. And see ya at CC! We're going Tuesday, really looking forward to it, I need some live music. And I have a feeling we're not going to be disappointed.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    morello wrote:

Cant wait!!
    See you there!!

:) SEE YOU THERE!! :) I'm so glad I get to see the movie again! The blu-ray will be great(when I buy a player ;) ) but so good to see if on big screen again!!
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    Now we've had our Pearl Jam scare I'll be saving like a demon for late 2012 arrival ;)
  • Options
    HailHailOZ wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    Now we've had our Pearl Jam scare I'll be saving like a demon for late 2012 arrival ;)

Here, here - well said. SO glad they aren't at BDO, gives me the chance to square off the credit card, and work overtime to get more cash for next year. Oh, when will I be cured of this addiction :lol:
  • Options
    The Oracle wrote:
    Oh, when will I be cured of this addiction :lol:

When the next album is just as bad as backspacer.
  • Options
    topaz wrote:
    Glad you can check it out! Make heapsa noise I say. And see ya at CC! We're going Tuesday, really looking forward to it, I need some live music. And I have a feeling we're not going to be disappointed.

Oh I will!! Yeah, see you there!! At the VIP party? You wont miss me, I'm just about to put a big pink streak in my hair haha :mrgreen:
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • Options
    The Oracle wrote:
    Oh, when will I be cured of this addiction :lol:

When the next album is just as bad as backspacer.

:shock: - Thanks, you just encouraged me to put it on as I haven't played it in a while. I love it, even though it's too damn short ;)
    Only bad track I can't get into though is Johnny Guitar, never have liked it.
    The rest is beaut!!!! Each to their own though. :)
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    I've already seen the movie, and spent $100 (!) on the blu-ray set, so I'll be giving this one a miss!
  • Options
    Dear Antipodeans.

You are in for a treat if you've got Cornell tickets. Almost makes up for Ed not coming here (almost... not quite... ok not really close but it went some way to heal the pain).
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    I'm still debating about Cornell. I'd really love to go but the only tickets left are WAAAAAY in the back.
  • Options
    This was our setlist - made up probably 70% of requests from the audience

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/chris-cor ... 07c7f.html
  • Options
    doompony wrote:
    Dear Antipodeans.

You are in for a treat if you've got Cornell tickets. Almost makes up for Ed not coming here (almost... not quite... ok not really close but it went some way to heal the pain).
    Front row tonight. REALLY looking forward to it. I'll let you know how it compares to Ed! ;)
  • Options
    well if it blows your mind, just know that we warmed him up for ya.
  • Options
    dya know what sucks?

you can't even buy the concert poster unless you pay that ridiculously high VIP price.

lame!

sarah thought it was a munk one.
  • Options
    doompony wrote:
    dya know what sucks?

you can't even buy the concert poster unless you pay that ridiculously high VIP price.

lame!

sarah thought it was a munk one.
    Sarah was right. Although I haven't opened mine yet, they did have one on display. The guy thought it was funny that I bought a poster tube, he said he felt like he was back in the States. Turns out I didn't need it because all the posters came prerolled anyway.

The poster is the only reason I bought the VIP package really. I guess it would be possible that the artist might sell copies later? Anyway, maybe Sarah will send you one of hers since you let her stay with you! :lol: I was a bit disappointed in the merch, I'm not really into beer coolers. I'm really interested to see what the wristband we were meant to get is like, I should've asked the VIP guy but forgot.

I met a couple of nice girls in the VIP area that didn't pay for their VIP packages and didn't want the posters so I managed to score one for my friend who came with me but didn't go VIP! Thanks, Karly! :)

As for the concert? It was pretty cool. ;) Contrary to my earlier comment, I'm actually not going to compare it with the Eddie Vedder shows because that wouldn't be fair on anyone.

Let me know if you don't have any luck getting a poster and I'll keep my eye out! :D