Options

Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• Options
    Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    It was so great, I just wanted it to keep going. So much stuff I haven't seen, even learned a few things.
    Just went to order the DVD with extras and saw its $60 +shipping :shock:
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    Red_Dot wrote:
    It was so great, I just wanted it to keep going. So much stuff I haven't seen, even learned a few things.
    Thanks for the heads up, didn't know it was for sale yet. It'll be about NZD$100 including shipping in the end, pretty steep, but what else could I do?

...and I bought the backpack! :lol:
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    Red_Dot wrote:
    Thanks for the heads up, didn't know it was for sale yet. It'll be about NZD$100 including shipping in the end, pretty steep, but what else could I do?

How's selling it for that price?? Tenclub? What extras does it come with? It was like $13 on amazon for the DVD. Don't know what that includes.

Nevermind, just looked in goods. $69 for a three disc Blu ray is a bit steep. I'll wait see if it gets a local release or look around else where.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    How's selling it for that price?? Tenclub? What extras does it come with? It was like $13 on amazon for the DVD. Don't know what that includes.

Nevermind, just looked in goods. $69 for a three disc Blu ray is a bit steep. I'll wait see if it gets a local release or look around else where.
    Apparently it's 10C only, but there will be a single disc Blu-ray eventually. Probably that is released on the same day at other retailers (I see it on cdwow) but mayeb 10C aren't selling the single disc version. I sure hope the deluxe remains 10C exclusive, otherwise I will no doubt have been ripped off. They seem to have been pretty careful about the exclusivity thing since the Ten box set.
  • Options
    Careful or greedy???
  • Options
    Careful or greedy???
    Depends on your perspective, if they want to keep things exclusive that's up to them. I just meant that lately if it's exclusive and they say it's exclusive then it hasn't really been available elsewhere. I could be wrong.
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    Careful or greedy???
    Depends on your perspective, if they want to keep things exclusive that's up to them. I just meant that lately if it's exclusive and they say it's exclusive then it hasn't really been available elsewhere. I could be wrong.

But when they want to way over charge you for the "exclusive" I see it as greedy.

Good example is the ten box. They were charging way more then everyone else so the majority would have got it somewhere else. So they make the vs/vit box ten club only giving people no choice but to get it from them at their higher price. Same with this. A 3 disc DVD for $60 that's nuts.
  • Options
    But when they want to way over charge you for the "exclusive" I see it as greedy.

Good example is the ten box. They were charging way more then everyone else so the majority would have got it somewhere else. So they make the vs/vit box ten club only giving people no choice but to get it from them at their higher price. Same with this. A 3 disc DVD for $60 that's nuts.
    That's your opinion and that's fine. I didn't want to get into a discussion about that. I was just pointing out that they said the deluxe sets are exclusive to 10C, so I didn't think it would be widely available elsewhere. Therefore, if you think you want the deluxe sets better buy from 10C. If you can live with one disc (DVD/Blu-ray) then you'll probably be able to get it everywhere.
  • Options
    topaztopaz Posts: 301
    OK I don't know if any of you were at the Whangarei screening - if you were then yea it was me who was dancing/yelling/cheering/laughing/crying - and I do not apologise, duno how anyone could stay still - what a rollercoaster ride that film was huh. So much I didn't know, I love it when my excpectations are exceeded.

I loved it. So glad I went. So glad that I have had this music in my life! okay, cheesy rambling is DONE.

thank you, all you's, everyone's.
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    my foot was tapping but no one in wellington was really making much noise.
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    That's your opinion and that's fine. I didn't want to get into a discussion about that. I was just pointing out that they said the deluxe sets are exclusive to 10C, so I didn't think it would be widely available elsewhere. Therefore, if you think you want the deluxe sets better buy from 10C. If you can live with one disc (DVD/Blu-ray) then you'll probably be able to get it everywhere.

fair enough, but you honestly don't think $60 for a 3 disc dvd is a bit much?

pearl jam aside, that is crazy for any 3 disc dvd set to me. i can see the value in the ten and Vs/Vitalogy box sets and can understand the price of those. but for just a 3 disc dvd at $60 plus shipping is crazy. i buy alot of dvds and blu rays and i've got like 5 and 7 disc tv series that i haven't and will not pay more the $50 for. hell even the new blu ray edition star wars 3 disc set is only $50, and that is 3 blu rays(or the 9 disc blu ray at $110). but any way, maybe i'm just a tight arse.

oh and that backpack is pretty cool if you are into hiking or use a backpack a fair bit, but they sold out quick.
  • Options
    doompony wrote:

We really needed a 10C screening. In whangarei there was NO posters (none anywhere, I asked), the theatre was silent when we went in 15 minutes early (shoulda been blasting PJ!!) and then they played trailors! trailors! for rubbish films!

BUT at least they played it at all - grateful for that - and it was loud, coulda been louder but I didn't have to go and ask them to turn it up - grateful. I tried not to sing too loud (don't wana be that annoying girl) but failed quite a few times. God bless the people around me that didn't ask for us to be kicked out, my chair dancing got borderline outta control many times. It was fuckin epic. And long too, even though it didn't feel it.

I love this band. Also love this film. But then I'm a super-8mm, David Lynch lover who's favourite band is Pearl Jam.... I'm looking forward to hearing what my non-PJ (obsessed, ahem) friends think of it when it comes out on dvd
  • Options
    i wish it was playing RIGHT NOW.
  • Options
    topaz wrote:
    OK I don't know if any of you were at the Whangarei screening - if you were then yea it was me who was dancing/yelling/cheering/laughing/crying - and I do not apologise, duno how anyone could stay still - what a rollercoaster ride that film was huh. So much I didn't know, I love it when my excpectations are exceeded.

I loved it. So glad I went. So glad that I have had this music in my life! okay, cheesy rambling is DONE.

thank you, all you's, everyone's.

I wanted to go to the Whangarei one, couldnt make it though. Too far, too busy right now. :cry:
    Kaitaia dosent get stuff like this
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • Options
    I wanted to go to the Whangarei one, couldnt make it though. Too far, too busy right now. :cry:
    Kaitaia dosent get stuff like this

yea I did wonder if you were one of the other 12 or so people there! typical Whangas ;)
  • Options
    can i get a WHOO WHOOOO for eddie taking his pants off in the even flow video extra footage?
  • Options
    doompony wrote:
    can i get a WHOO WHOOOO for eddie taking his pants off in the even flow video extra footage?
    WHOO WHOOOO
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    fair enough, but you honestly don't think $60 for a 3 disc dvd is a bit much?

pearl jam aside, that is crazy for any 3 disc dvd set to me. i can see the value in the ten and Vs/Vitalogy box sets and can understand the price of those. but for just a 3 disc dvd at $60 plus shipping is crazy. i buy alot of dvds and blu rays and i've got like 5 and 7 disc tv series that i haven't and will not pay more the $50 for. hell even the new blu ray edition star wars 3 disc set is only $50, and that is 3 blu rays(or the 9 disc blu ray at $110). but any way, maybe i'm just a tight arse.

oh and that backpack is pretty cool if you are into hiking or use a backpack a fair bit, but they sold out quick.
    Yeah, it's a lot. More than I thought it would be. I just don't apportion the blame to greed. Maybe I'm naive, but I like to think they charge what they need to. They have to make a profit, and the demand for a 3 Blu-ray deluxe set is not great, I'd have thought.
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    Yeah, it's a lot. More than I thought it would be. I just don't apportion the blame to greed. Maybe I'm naive, but I like to think they charge what they need to. They have to make a profit, and the demand for a 3 Blu-ray deluxe set is not great, I'd have thought.

yeah, guess you are right, it's not like it is as mass produced as the star wars blu rays are that i used as a price example. but none the less, i think alot of the time lately they have used the "ten club exclusive" to be able to get away with charging more cause they know we will eat it up. if it wasn't exclusive and was available in every store they could and would be producing more, making the production costs as a whole lot cheaper, there for making the product cheaper. but like i said, i just get the feeling they keep doing these exclusives to limit the competition to maximise their own revenue cause they know they can't beat the big chains(like amazon and physical stores) on price.

but yeah, that's just the feeling i keep getting. i could be totally wrong though.
  • Options
    HailHailOZ wrote:
    While there's discussion of music documentaries (and hope I'm not repeating news) I saw "Malfunkshun: The Andrew Wood Story" was out here. 2CD/1DVD I think, 1 disc of Malfunkshun stuff 1 of demos and bits n bobs and then the doco on DVD.

Have fun at the Movies everyone :D:D:D:D:clap::clap:

where did you see it and how much?

To be honest I work in a record store and saw it as I unpacked the box :lol: Normal retail was $35 I think and I doubt Target would actually have it in stock... never mind having it cheaper!

While I'm here PJ20 WOW! Knew this would be fucking fantastic/trip down memory lane/be too short for the die-hards like us but for a film about "our" band made ultimately for a large audience a great job done by Cameron and his team. Too many moments that have been talked about already.. but I liked how during the footage of Ed's transformation while singing at the bouncers' head how he looks away as the guy flinches... not yet sure of his own on stage powers!!

Bring on the extras :D
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:

so cut it's out of stock, good work!
    wah
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    WHOO WHOOOO

knew i could rely on you chris
  • Options
    PKNZPKNZ Posts: 76
    doompony wrote:

Another foot-tapper here. Was very quiet at Sylvia Park, no signage, no advertising, no PJ blasting out.

CInema was almost full.
  • Options
    PKNZ wrote:
    doompony wrote:

Another foot-tapper here. Was very quiet at Sylvia Park, no signage, no advertising, no PJ blasting out.

CInema was almost full.

hell I tried to be quiet and still. epic. fail. it really took me away on some kind of wild ride! next time we gotta do a 10C screening where it's so fucking loud no one's gonna hear me singing away...
  • Options
    topaz wrote:
    PKNZ wrote:
    doompony wrote:

CInema was almost full.

hell I tried to be quiet and still. epic. fail. it really took me away on some kind of wild ride! next time we gotta do a 10C screening where it's so fucking loud no one's gonna hear me singing away...

I was wondering what that noise was from across the ditch :lol: .

Noticed a few comments elsewhere that said the sound wasn't loud enough in the movie. Agreed, same here, should've been much louder. Wait 'til I get the DVD - might have to ask the neighbours in my unit block when they're going out, as it will be cranked. Lucky we got good soundproofing already, as this will test it!!!
  • Options
    doompony wrote:

:shock:
    topaz wrote:

yea I did wonder if you were one of the other 12 or so people there! typical Whangas ;)

only 12? Jeez. Typical NORTHLAND!! haha
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    There were only about 100 in a 400 seat cinema in Townsville.

Townsville got mentioned by a fan in the movie too. Ahhhh good old Townsville! :lol:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    the sound was loud enough at the embassy, but i'd expect nothing less from them.

i reckon the embassy would have been about 3/4 full. there were hundreds of people in the lobby. getting INTO the movie theatre itself was reminiscent of getting into a pearl jam concert. orderly enough queue, but people JUST WANTED THE FUCK IN ALREADY
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    doompony wrote:
    the sound was loud enough at the embassy, but i'd expect nothing less from them.

i reckon the embassy would have been about 3/4 full. there were hundreds of people in the lobby. getting INTO the movie theatre itself was reminiscent of getting into a pearl jam concert. orderly enough queue, but people JUST WANTED THE FUCK IN ALREADY

I walked in very casually with my large popcorn and coke, looked around, saw the perfect seats 2/3 of the way back and in the middle....and sat down.

Did people clap at the end? No one did here....
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    nope.

we had allocated seating. pretty good seats if i do say so myself.

given that half my high school was there and all those people are huge PJ nerds, i was surprised the place wasn't more noisy... but i guess SOMEONE had to start it and no one did.