Options

Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    Jo wrote:
    Just for fun :D

I challenge all of you to post photos on THIS thread on Wednesday showing YOU taking the PJ posters off the wall to take as you walk out of the cinima.....
    I won a numbered poster from the treasure hunt, so I don't need to steal one! :lol:

I'm pretty sure at our cinemas the posters will all be behind glass, otherwise I would probably take one too...
  • Options
    Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    So if the movie release date is the 20th everywhere in the world that mean we get to see it first :D
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • Options
    Red_Dot wrote:
    So if the movie release date is the 20th everywhere in the world that mean we get to see it first :D

technically, maybe not. there has been the Toronto screenings, and a few have said they saw it at a preview screening in ireland or the u.k. but i guess for the most part yes.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    Jo wrote:
    Just for fun :D

I challenge all of you to post photos on THIS thread on Wednesday showing YOU taking the PJ posters off the wall to take as you walk out of the cinima.....
    I won a numbered poster from the treasure hunt, so I don't need to steal one! :lol:

I'm pretty sure at our cinemas the posters will all be behind glass, otherwise I would probably take one too...

has anyone been to a cinema and seen posters?? i have not so i don't know, but i doubted there would be any.
  • Options
    i paid $50 for the book and $20 for the soundtrack yesterday.
    Did not have the time to look elsewhere for the book.
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    has anyone been to a cinema and seen posters?? i have not so i don't know, but i doubted there would be any.
    I've seen the big posters pasted up around the place here. If I see one, I'll juts break the glass (carefully) and take it... :lol:
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    I've seen the big posters pasted up around the place here. If I see one, I'll juts break the glass (carefully) and take it... :lol:

Just looking to see what kids movies are out to see what I can take the kid to I notice nirvana have a "one night only" movie out on the 23rd which I knew about but now also the red hot chili peppers have one on like the 5th of October. What the fuck is with all these band/concert movies?? Is this the new 3d??

Also the nirvana one is the same day you can buy it on DVD so I don't really get why it is at the movies as well. I guess if you prefer the big screen and better sound. But yeah, why pay $20 to see the movie at cinema when you can pay that price the same day and ave the DVD and watch it as many times as you like???
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:

Just looking to see what kids movies are out to see what I can take the kid to I notice nirvana have a "one night only" movie out on the 23rd which I knew about but now also the red hot chili peppers have one on like the 5th of October. What the fuck is with all these band/concert movies?? Is this the new 3d??

Also the nirvana one is the same day you can buy it on DVD so I don't really get why it is at the movies as well. I guess if you prefer the big screen and better sound. But yeah, why pay $20 to see the movie at cinema when you can pay that price the same day and ave the DVD and watch it as many times as you like???
    I almost felt that way about PJ20. I'm going to buy it on Blu-ray anyway, why pay 2 x $20 to take my wife to see it at the movies? Well, I'm not sure when it's coming out and the big screen, big sound thing is cool I guess.

The RHCP thing is cool, or it was when it screened the other week when the album actually came out. We're also getting the screening late over here. What's the point when it's a month late?

What's the Nirvana thing? Haven't seen that advertised here?
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    I almost felt that way about PJ20. I'm going to buy it on Blu-ray anyway, why pay 2 x $20 to take my wife to see it at the movies? Well, I'm not sure when it's coming out and the big screen, big sound thing is cool I guess.

The RHCP thing is cool, or it was when it screened the other week when the album actually came out. We're also getting the screening late over here. What's the point when it's a month late?

What's the Nirvana thing? Haven't seen that advertised here?

I'm not seeing pj20 at the cinema, I'll wait for blu ray(which comes out oct 20th or something) so only a month later.

The nirvana one is "live at the paramount" or something like that, so not a doco or anything I don't think, just a live concert.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    I'm really looking forward to seeing it at the theatre with the kick arse sound system! I'm going to check out if there's any possibility I can do both screenings tomorrow night(film length to 2nd screening start time + likelihood of bus home aftewards). PJ20 Mark II!! :D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    I'm going to check out if there's any possibility I can do both screenings tomorrow night(film length to 2nd screening start time + likelihood of bus home aftewards). PJ20 Mark II!! :D

i read in another thread it's 120 minutes long. so if the start times are 2 hours apart you'll be good. there is no way i could sit in a cinema for 4 hours, i start to get sore and fidget after about half hour.
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    I'm going to check out if there's any possibility I can do both screenings tomorrow night(film length to 2nd screening start time + likelihood of bus home aftewards). PJ20 Mark II!! :D

i read in another thread it's 120 minutes long. so if the start times are 2 hours apart you'll be good. there is no way i could sit in a cinema for 4 hours, i start to get sore and fidget after about half hour.
    Ah cool. The screening I'm booked in for at is at 6.30 & I think the 2nd screening is 8.30 so that might cut it fine unless there's no trailers before it & yeah 4 hours sitting on my arse might be a bit much. Mind you I went to a 6 hour movie once, there were breaks though.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    Ah cool. The screening I'm booked in for at is at 6.30 & I think the 2nd screening is 8.30 so that might cut it fine unless there's no trailers before it & yeah 4 hours sitting on my arse might be a bit much. Mind you I went to a 6 hour movie once, there were breaks though.

even with trailers before you'll be right, cause they will have the same amount of trailers before each session so the actually movie will probably start at about 6.45 and 8.45 so you'll still be able to make it. might miss the 1st few minutes on the second screening, but you would have seen it before anyway ;)
  • Options
    morello wrote:

even with trailers before you'll be right, cause they will have the same amount of trailers before each session so the actually movie will probably start at about 6.45 and 8.45 so you'll still be able to make it. might miss the 1st few minutes on the second screening, but you would have seen it before anyway ;)
    Hmmm, will have to give serious thought then. h, still gotta work out if that means I can make a bus home without having to wait for the last bus at some stupid time like 11.30. Hmmm, will look into it.... 8-)
    <hr>
  • Options
    Jeez, 2nd screening at cinema in town is at 8.50... Hmmmm... that's getting late! Last bus home it might be!
    <hr>
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    happy PJ20 day. i'm going to the movies tonight. BOOOOYAH!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Ooooooh yeaahhhhh!!!! Happy PJ20 day to all the fellow freaks out there.

7pm can't come quickly enough, not much work'll get done today folks!!!!
  • Options
    PKNZPKNZ Posts: 76
    Excite!
  • Options
    While there's discussion of music documentaries (and hope I'm not repeating news) I saw "Malfunkshun: The Andrew Wood Story" was out here. 2CD/1DVD I think, 1 disc of Malfunkshun stuff 1 of demos and bits n bobs and then the doco on DVD.

Have fun at the Movies everyone :D:D:D:D:clap::clap:
  • Options
    HailHailOZ wrote:
    While there's discussion of music documentaries (and hope I'm not repeating news) I saw "Malfunkshun: The Andrew Wood Story" was out here. 2CD/1DVD I think, 1 disc of Malfunkshun stuff 1 of demos and bits n bobs and then the doco on DVD.

Have fun at the Movies everyone :D:D:D:D:clap::clap:

where did you see it and how much?
  • Options
    That wasn't half bad now was it?

I was at Sylvia Park.
  • Options
    Embassy Wellington represent

2 good hours.

I laughed!

I cried! (well, my eyes welled up)

Man that footage of Ed on stage getting shitty with the security guard was awesome!
  • Options
    and the way they handled the drummer stuff

ed told us to ask you about the drummers... very spinal tap

funny
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I loved it! So much fucking cool shit in it.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    Everything about it was great - funny, poignant, thrillingly entertaining, even teared up several times during it. Not that I ever needed convincing, but this is exactly why I love this band - the honesty.

Can't wait for the DVD.

Fantastic.
  • Options
    doompony wrote:
    Man that footage of Ed on stage getting shitty with the security guard was awesome!

there's. much. more. than. THIS....

i lost it :lol: that change in stage presence was fascinating...
    wah
  • Options
    it was incredibly fascinating! it's like a black cloud appeared over his head.

I was really surprised at him tearing up when he was talking about how close he was to Jeff. That came out of nowhere.
  • Options
    when were those interviews done? they looked (band appearance wise) to be a year or two old...

loved all the stone stuff. so sarcastic. i love it. and trying to find a souvenir in his kitchen and basement. so funny.
  • Options
    ooh and the unedited footage from the singles party. i've only ever seen the "for tv version". that was hilarious and disturbing in equal parts.
  • Options
    doompony wrote:

That bit was great!