Options

Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Spencer wrote:
    I'm still debating about Cornell. I'd really love to go but the only tickets left are WAAAAAY in the back.

He's here in Perth on the 10th and 11th October!
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    oh i just would have bought one if they'd been on sale. i don't want to scab a free one, just find it odd that's all.
  • Options
    topaztopaz Posts: 301
    Oh I will!! Yeah, see you there!! At the VIP party? You wont miss me, I'm just about to put a big pink streak in my hair haha :mrgreen:

Just seen this now - although we arrived typically late and only just managed to pick up my poster before going in... and being blown away...what a fucking legend! How was that accoustic of Outshined? and that turntable. I wanted to go again tonight ha ha

AND the poster is fucking AWESOME i LOVE IT and i really wasn't expecting to love it. So that's a bonus too. Signed, numbered Munkone definitely helps recover the shock of the VIP prices IMHO. Will all the poster geeks kill me if I drawing pin it up on my lounge wall though? ;)
  • Options
    man, it's a good thing NZ has fully functioning and awesome musicians or i'd almost never get to see any fucking bands!

i mean, god love ya chris for coming here! but pj harvey! CMON MAN!
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,211
    doompony wrote:
    man, it's a good thing NZ has fully functioning and awesome musicians or i'd almost never get to see any fucking bands!

i mean, god love ya chris for coming here! but pj harvey! CMON MAN!
    Is she definitely not coming to NZ? Has there been an answer on facebook?
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    edited October 2011
    doompony wrote:
    oh i just would have bought one if they'd been on sale. i don't want to scab a free one, just find it odd that's all.
    The problem is that they have to justify the $110 price differential somehow. If they had posters for $50 they wouldn't sell very many, but then that means the wristband and VIP pre-party still need to be "worth" $60, which they probably aren't (although I ate heaps of nibbles!) so it wouldn't work.

P.S. Hopefully Ashlee will remind Sarah how cool it was for her to be able to stay at your house. I wouldn't call it scabbing a free poster! ;)

P.P.S. Can I stay at your place next time I'm in Wellington especially when accommodation is in short supply (e.g. the sevens?)?
    Post edited by bazzer on
  • Options
    topaz wrote:
    Oh I will!! Yeah, see you there!! At the VIP party? You wont miss me, I'm just about to put a big pink streak in my hair haha :mrgreen:

Just seen this now - although we arrived typically late and only just managed to pick up my poster before going in... and being blown away...what a fucking legend! How was that accoustic of Outshined? and that turntable. I wanted to go again tonight ha ha

AND the poster is fucking AWESOME i LOVE IT and i really wasn't expecting to love it. So that's a bonus too. Signed, numbered Munkone definitely helps recover the shock of the VIP prices IMHO. Will all the poster geeks kill me if I drawing pin it up on my lounge wall though? ;)
    A friend and work siad that her friend got to meet CC through the VIP thing on Tuesday. I certainly didn't see him out there and I doubt he would've come out during the support act. I think she may have been talking it up! Did anyone else see Chris?
  • Options
    Is it time to start rallying for another NZ show yet? :P
    If it doesn't get dirt, grease or blood under your nails, it's not a hobby.
  • Options
    PKNZPKNZ Posts: 76
    Is it time to start rallying for another NZ show yet? :P

Make it so.
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    P.P.S. Can I stay at your place next time I'm in Wellington especially when accommodation is in short supply (e.g. the sevens?)?

course ya can!
  • Options
    TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    On Max Music on Foxtel tonight at 9.30 there is a show called Rock Soldiers. Last night they had a story about Ed's tour manager for the Australian solo shows and showed him and the road crew setting up for the Newcastle show. Tonight they're continuing the story so there might be some footage of Ed.
  • Options
    jodiemjodiem Posts: 133
    As an aside.. Qantas have an international sale on at the moment with flights to Dallas for $1300 return... damn I wish that they would announce their tour dates so I could get over to the US to see them... :(
    1995: Perth
    2006: Sydney x 2
    2009: Philly, Sydney
    2013: San Diego, LA1 & 2, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Vancouver, Seattle

EV Solo - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney x 2
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    I was going to take the PJ20 poster from the cinema walls, but somebody else was more clever and took it before I did.
    THEY left BEFORE the final credits, so they got to the poster before me. :evil:
    So"SUCKED IN!!" to them!!
    They missed out on the final Credits. :ugeek:

I should have expected it.......there was only 1 poster.
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    The Oracle wrote:
    Oh, when will I be cured of this addiction :lol:

When the next album is just as bad as backspacer.
    I hope the next album is released in white vinyl :D
  • Options
    so.

where's my tour then? eh?

let's play wellington this time shall we kids?

hey, i'll come pick you up from auckland. you can do your little arena thing there.. i'll bring a horse float so we can keep the vegetarians out of the car (gassY) and we'll drive down and you guys could play at the town hall. small venue but make it a ten club only show.

ok, it's settled!
  • Options
    well my deep and single turned up today. single is in decent condition (bent edge but meh) but the deep is damaged. oh well.

plus i didn't win the competition. i already knew that, but it just hurts ya know?
  • Options
    doompony wrote:
    ?
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    ?

She's fantasizing again. :)
  • Options
    a girl can dream can't she?
  • Options
    i wanna see the cornell poster. i have no idea what it looks like. someone take a picture.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,211
    RitFW Akl 27/11/9 on PJradio atm. Just thought I'd share that. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    I prefer 29/11/2009. I play the youtube videos to everybody who comes to my house! ;)
  • Options
    doompony wrote:
    i wanna see the cornell poster. i have no idea what it looks like. someone take a picture.
    Mine's still rolled up, I'll take a pic when I put it in my file.
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    morello wrote:
    I prefer 29/11/2009. I play the youtube videos to everybody who comes to my house! ;)
    One of 2 times this grown man cried on that tour!! Maybe I was just tired :lol:
  • Options
    Chris Cornell the other night in Brisbane ... hubba fucking hubba. :P

Oh and the show was great too. :)
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Anyone that didnt get a copy of the blue ray or the dvd of PJ20 and wanted one
    make sure u go and sign the petition. :)
    Cheers ..

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=173490
  • Options
    I havent been on here for a while! Recovering from Chris Cornell..
    yaaah

I saw PJ20 when I was there for Chris, and it was amazing. Best doco I've ever seen.
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • Options
    Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    Has everyone got there vinyl and Deep?
    My sister lives around the corner and hers was delivered over a week ago. Mine is yet to be seen :?
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • Options
    got mine about 3 weeks ago... but nz ones tend to get here quicker than stuff that's destined for america.... BECAUSE WE RULE!

heh

finally broke down and bought the vs/vitalogy set. my 10 box set has been looking so lonely and now that it's half price on the shipping... well!