Options

Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• Options
    jodiemjodiem Posts: 133
    I'm thinking of giving up! I can't get through for the life of me...

Emma - I've tried the speed dial thing and everything.. no help and no love :( :cry:
    1995: Perth
    2006: Sydney x 2
    2009: Philly, Sydney
    2013: San Diego, LA1 & 2, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Vancouver, Seattle

EV Solo - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney x 2
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    Really jodiem?

I got through on my first go, must have been beginner's luck! I listened online on the triple m site so I could pause it on songs I didn't want to listen to as well.

I put the number on speed dial in my mobile but I had the number dialed on my mobile, ready to call, then I hit dial as soon as I heard "Jeremy" start playing. Then I got to embarrass myself by talking on the radio! The guy wanted me to rattle off some line about wanting to be picked, but I stuffed it up a bit and he didn't sound too impressed. I certainly don't have a voice for radio! :oops: A winning phone call would certainly get a reaction though ;) .

I hope you can get through too, keep trying :) . Have you tried at different times in the day too? The competition runs between 6am-6pm, so would you have more luck in the morning? :?:
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Every time I hear pearl jam on triple m I ring up and I get through but they tell me it was a creed song, not pearl jam.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    Every time I hear pearl jam on triple m I ring up and I get through but they tell me it was a creed song, not pearl jam.

:lol:

The other day a caller had rung up when the INXS song "what you need" was played...gosh darn-it, INXS and pearl jam just sound too alike :lol:;) .
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

• Options
    -Emma- wrote:
    Really jodiem?

I got through on my first go, must have been beginner's luck! I listened online on the triple m site so I could pause it on songs I didn't want to listen to as well.

I put the number on speed dial in my mobile but I had the number dialed on my mobile, ready to call, then I hit dial as soon as I heard "Jeremy" start playing. Then I got to embarrass myself by talking on the radio! The guy wanted me to rattle off some line about wanting to be picked, but I stuffed it up a bit and he didn't sound too impressed. I certainly don't have a voice for radio! :oops: A winning phone call would certainly get a reaction though ;) .

I hope you can get through too, keep trying :) . Have you tried at different times in the day too? The competition runs between 6am-6pm, so would you have more luck in the morning? :?:

Oh that just makes me sadder :( But yay for you for getting through!

I have been trying the online listening thing too and the radio on my desk but no love. I have noticed that on the online thing they usually have the next song coming up but even when I try ringing as soon as the name comes up on that bit it (before the song is even played) it is already engaged :o I have it on speed dial on my mobile and on my work phone..

Trying my above strategy I then rang through the other day and got through, but the player was wrong. I was also recorded and played back later on and I can agree with you about not having a voice for radio.. talk about nasal!!! :oops:

I tried on the weekend, but maybe I should try getting up earlier.. it is hard though with working during the day and having to rush off for meetings.. I'm not at my desk sometimes.. doesn't work realised this :roll:

• Options
    jodiem wrote:

I have been trying the online listening thing too and the radio on my desk but no love. I have noticed that on the online thing they usually have the next song coming up but even when I try ringing as soon as the name comes up on that bit it (before the song is even played) it is already engaged :o I have it on speed dial on my mobile and on my work phone..

Trying my above strategy I then rang through the other day and got through, but the player was wrong. I was also recorded and played back later on and I can agree with you about not having a voice for radio.. talk about nasal!!! :oops:

I tried on the weekend, but maybe I should try getting up earlier.. it is hard though with working during the day and having to rush off for meetings.. I'm not at my desk sometimes.. doesn't work realised this :roll:

Awww that must be so annoying jodiem, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you! They did seem to be promoting the competition on the radio a whole lot when I tried on the weekend, so there must be a lot of people trying to enter at once. The competition ends on Thursday at 6pm. Your work should give you tomorrow off! ;)

With the online triple m player, when I was listening on the day I entered, it didn't say if the pearl jam song was next (like it does with other songs), it just said "next: more of Sydney's best rock". They played a promo for the competition and then Jeremy played straight after.

Were they actually listing the PJ song on the online player before it was played online? Doesn't seem fair if they were!

I wonder how many entrants there will be by the time the competition closes too...

I just hope a genuine fan of the band wins the competition :) .

• Options
    -Emma- wrote:
    jodiem wrote:

Awww that must be so annoying jodiem, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you! They did seem to be promoting the competition on the radio a whole lot when I tried on the weekend, so there must be a lot of people trying to enter at once. The competition ends on Thursday at 6pm. Your work should give you tomorrow off! ;)

With the online triple m player, when I was listening on the day I entered, it didn't say if the pearl jam song was next (like it does with other songs), it just said "next: more of Sydney's best rock". They played a promo for the competition and then Jeremy played straight after.

Were they actually listing the PJ song on the online player before it was played online? Doesn't seem fair if they were!

I wonder how many entrants there will be by the time the competition closes too...

I just hope a genuine fan of the band wins the competition :) .

Thanks for the good wishes! I hope something incredible happens tomorrow... My phone is going to be attached to me with headphones... (even in meetings!!!)

• Options
    jodiem wrote:

Thanks for the good wishes! I hope something incredible happens tomorrow... My phone is going to be attached to me with headphones... (even in meetings!!!)

:thumbup: Sounds like a good plan, good luck :) .

• Options
    -Emma- wrote:
    jodiem wrote:

:thumbup: Sounds like a good plan, good luck :) .

I will actually be happy when this competition is over! Sad I am not on the waiting list and just getting really angry when I am not getting through.. I will be a lot calmer when it is over!

Good luck to you!

• Options
    Did you end up getting through Jodiem?

If you did and you get a winning phone call can I go in your suitcase? ;););)

• Options
    The OracleThe Oracle Posts: 526
    -Emma- wrote:

I'll carry the suitcase for you!!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    The Oracle wrote:
    -Emma- wrote:

I'll carry the suitcase for you!!! :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: Thank you The Oracle

No winning phone call here... :cry:

I listened from about 5pm onwards and didn't hear a PJ song or any mention of the comp in the last hour of it running. After the competition closed there was no mention of a winner.

From the terms & conditions...

The major prize draw will take place at 06:05pm on Thursday 25th August 2011

8.1 All prize winner(s) will be notified either:
    (a) on air at the time of winning;
    (b) by telephone;
    (c) by post.

Details of major prize winner will be published online on the website on Friday 26th August 2011.

I just hope the winner is at least a PJ fan...not some Nickleback lover who wants a free trip to Vancouver.

• Options
    -Emma- wrote:

No I didn't get through... :(

The competition is being announced in the morning show tomorrow I heard them say during the day..

Likewise with the suitcase carrying or stowaways if anyone wins it on this thread??? :D

If the person says on the radio in the morning that they have never seen them before... I might punch someone (and I am a lover not a fighter)

• Options
    jodiem wrote:
    -Emma- wrote:

No I didn't get through... :(

The competition is being announced in the morning show tomorrow I heard them say during the day..

Likewise with the suitcase carrying or stowaways if anyone wins it on this thread??? :D

If the person says on the radio in the morning that they have never seen them before... I might punch someone (and I am a lover not a fighter)

Thanks for mentioning that jodiem, I thought they would have announced the winner tonight after it ended. I sat here with both phones next to me after 6pm, sad but true! :oops: I even dreamt last night that I heard the winner's name on the radio (not my name).

That completely sux that you didn't get through though. You certainly deserved to!

• Options
    -Emma- wrote:

I even dreamt last night that I heard the winner's name on the radio (not my name).

That completely sux that you didn't get through though. You certainly deserved to!

I have dreamt about it for the last two nights as well!!!

Thanks.. hopefully you are still within a chance! Fingers crossed for you!!!

• Options
    jodiem wrote:
    -Emma- wrote:

I even dreamt last night that I heard the winner's name on the radio (not my name).

I have dreamt about it for the last two nights as well!!!

Thanks.. hopefully you are still within a chance! Fingers crossed for you!!!

I know the chances of winning are extremely slim, but I can't help but be excited :oops: . Feels like the night before christmas when I was a kid or something!

• Options
    http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/win/pe ... er-tickets

:thumbdown: You chose the wrong person Triple M! :thumbdown:

*boooo hiss* :lol:

• Options
    -Emma- wrote:
    http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/win/pearl-jam-vancover-tickets

BBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Unless they are a big fan.. then I take it all back.. ;)

• Options
    jodiem wrote:
    -Emma- wrote:
    http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/win/pearl-jam-vancover-tickets

BBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Unless they are a big fan.. then I take it all back.. ;)

:thumbup: :lol: Thank you

• Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    So anyway my Eddie Vedder Ukulele Songs Songbook has arrived from Flea Market Music in Massachusetts. I ordered it on the 17th August and it's here already safe and sound. :)
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    i want one!
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    E.K wrote:
    So anyway my Eddie Vedder Ukulele Songs Songbook has arrived from Flea Market Music in Massachusetts. I ordered it on the 17th August and it's here already safe and sound. :)
    I got my little package from Tenclub the other day... maybe Tuesday. It had the Deluxe Uke book and CD in the package... but I've had the PDF version and printed it out before now :D, mainly because i've been using it haha.

Quite a nice book, i've never owned a music book for an album before. Well worth getting this, mainly due to my awesome birthday present :D

i also finally got Water on the road to watch... waiting for a viewing though :D
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:
    i also finally got Water on the road to watch... waiting for a viewing though :D

i still haven't watch that thing, got it the week it came out, watched Golden State and Watchtower and that's about it.
  • Options
    doompony wrote:
    i want one!

They only had 100 in stock and I was lucky they kept one for me. It smells nice and I like the photos. I also have another CD. :)
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    I got my little package from Tenclub the other day... maybe Tuesday. It had the Deluxe Uke book and CD in the package... but I've had the PDF version and printed it out before now :D, mainly because i've been using it haha.

Quite a nice book, i've never owned a music book for an album before. Well worth getting this, mainly due to my awesome birthday present :D

The CD gets played heaps in the car, the DVD has been watched 3 times and now I have the photos in the Songbook to perve at and some lyrics to read. Shame I can't read the music. :oops: :)

ps: I bought the CD and DVD through Amazon. I don't buy stuff from 10c anymore.
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    It smells nice and I like the photos.

Eddie personally farted in 50 of them, you must have got one of the 50, lucky you.
  • Options
    E.K wrote:

Eddie personally farted in 50 of them, you must have got one of the 50, lucky you.

Well Ed's farts smell like roses and roses really smell like .... :lol:
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    E.K wrote:

My book has a big black stain inside the front AND the back cover... Am i doubley lucky?!
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:
    E.K wrote:

My book has a big black stain inside the front AND the back cover... Am i doubley lucky?!

Mine too! Kind of looks like a finger print. I wonder what Ed dipped his finger in? :? :shock:
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    who wants to give me one of their books?