Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    they sent them snail mail because we didn't even have the internet back then! so this was when we heard about the concerts in the newspaper or on the radio.

crikey dick the internet eh? i really think it's gonna take off.
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    well even for the 2003 tour we had to write a check or money order and send it off to coppel to get fan club tix.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • lostrocker815lostrocker815 Posts: 354
    doompony wrote:
    I remember lining up hours before the box office opened to get my first pj show tickets in my hand.

ANYWAYS, Liam Finn and Chris Cornell are both touring NZ so that's fucking choice.

See Eddie? Chris can do it.

And since Chris is coming to Wellington AND playing in an outstanding seated venue, I'm gonna go. I haven't enjoyed much of his output since the first Audioslave, but I'm hoping he sticks to Soundgarden and Euphoria Morning (one of the most perfect albums in the history of albums).

AND Liam Finn is just fucking awesome all the time, so can't wait to see him live again... hopefully his album comes out before.

YEAH ED, CHRIS CAN, YOU COULD HAVE TOO!

I think Chris does mainly older stuff, a little bit of Audioslave with some soundgarden, temple of the dog and solo stuff. It will be fricken awesome.

And it will be my first time going to two concerts of the same artist in a row, gotta make the trip to Wellington to see Chris!! It will be a big weekend of travelling, drive 5 hrs to auckland, fly from auckland to Wellington, see Chris on Sunday, fly back to auckland on monday, see Chris again on Tuesday.
    CANT WAIT :mrgreen:
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    edited June 2011
    Yeah Vital the shipping is rather expensive I cant believe u cant order it elsewhere other than
    sony that charge the same rate as the 10c... the shipping conditions didnt sound good either ..
    And Im not sure if that ships from within australia or from overseas..
    Post edited by aus_suz on
  • topaztopaz Posts: 301
    doompony wrote:
    I remember lining up hours before the box office opened to get my first pj show tickets in my hand.

ANYWAYS, Liam Finn and Chris Cornell are both touring NZ so that's fucking choice.

See Eddie? Chris can do it.

And since Chris is coming to Wellington AND playing in an outstanding seated venue, I'm gonna go. I haven't enjoyed much of his output since the first Audioslave, but I'm hoping he sticks to Soundgarden and Euphoria Morning (one of the most perfect albums in the history of albums).

AND Liam Finn is just fucking awesome all the time, so can't wait to see him live again... hopefully his album comes out before.

YEAH ED, CHRIS CAN, YOU COULD HAVE TOO!

I think Chris does mainly older stuff, a little bit of Audioslave with some soundgarden, temple of the dog and solo stuff. It will be fricken awesome.

And it will be my first time going to two concerts of the same artist in a row, gotta make the trip to Wellington to see Chris!! It will be a big weekend of travelling, drive 5 hrs to auckland, fly from auckland to Wellington, see Chris on Sunday, fly back to auckland on monday, see Chris again on Tuesday.
    CANT WAIT :mrgreen:

Hells yea, this actually has eased the pain slightly, just having a couple of live gigs on the horizon....actually I have become practically addicted to 'I'll Be Lightning' over the past month

still ain't no PJ tour but: grateful!
  • -Emma--Emma- Posts: 2,864
    bazzer wrote:
    You say a lot of things, dude. Did you end up boycotting the solo Ed shows like you said you would?

i never said i was boycotting. i originally tried for tickets and missed out. so decided i wasn't gonna go. got offered a few tix along the way and declined them. and literally at 3.30pm of the day of the show got a call from Ozjammer who had some spares so decided to go. it was ok. not the life changing experience everyone round here bangs on about, but totally a case of once is enough. if Ed announced another solo tour here soon, i would skip it.

:shock: I'm pretty gobsmacked that anybody would describe Eddie's solo show as "ok". Seeing Eddie's show in Sydney was a really incredible experience for me. I loved every minute of it and since the show 99% of the music that I have listened to has been by Eddie or PJ. If Eddie was to announce another solo tour in Oz then I would happily go to more than one show here in Sydney.

I saw PJ back in 03' and have enjoyed their music since I first heard them growing up. Before seeing Eddie's solo show I was not obsessed with the band, and I still don't even own all of their albums. With Eddie's show I was very excited and lucky enough to get fantastic 2nd row seats, so that certainly added to the experience. I brought my dad along to see Eddie and even though my dad was/is very unfamiliar with Eddie & PJ's music, he thought Eddie's performance was fantastic too. My dad can be pretty critical when it comes to things like music, but he was genuinely very impressed and didn't have a negative thing to say about Eddie's performance.
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
    -Emma- wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    You say a lot of things, dude. Did you end up boycotting the solo Ed shows like you said you would?

i never said i was boycotting. i originally tried for tickets and missed out. so decided i wasn't gonna go. got offered a few tix along the way and declined them. and literally at 3.30pm of the day of the show got a call from Ozjammer who had some spares so decided to go. it was ok. not the life changing experience everyone round here bangs on about, but totally a case of once is enough. if Ed announced another solo tour here soon, i would skip it.

:shock: I'm pretty gobsmacked that anybody would describe Eddie's solo show as "ok". Seeing Eddie's show in Sydney was a really incredible experience for me. I loved every minute of it and since the show 99% of the music that I have listened to has been by Eddie or PJ. If Eddie was to announce another solo tour in Oz then I would happily go to more than one show here in Sydney.

I saw PJ back in 03' and have enjoyed their music since I first heard them growing up. Before seeing Eddie's solo show I was not obsessed with the band, and I still don't even own all of their albums. With Eddie's show I was very excited and lucky enough to get fantastic 2nd row seats, so that certainly added to the experience. I brought my dad along to see Eddie and even though my dad was/is very unfamiliar with Eddie & PJ's music, he thought Eddie's performance was fantastic too. My dad can be pretty critical when it comes to things like music, but he was genuinely very impressed and didn't have a negative thing to say about Eddie's performance.

Yeah, glad you enjoyed it. I did enjoyed it, just not as much as everyone on this forum seems too. Its funny to me that there is and was a massive shit fight for Ed solo show tickets yet something like the tres mts shows have tickets sitting round for ages and don't even sell out. Like it's mike and Jeff. And in my opinion everything on that tres mts album is better then anything on eds two solo releases. The only 2 into the wild songs I came out of that solo show with a new found respect for was rise and hard sun. And there is maybe 3 off the new album I enjoy.

But yeah, it's all a matter of taste I guess. I'm gobsmacked you don't own all of pearl jams albums, unless it's backspacer that you don't own, that I can understand. I only own it on vinyl.
    -Emma- wrote:
    bazzer wrote:

Yeah would've been more enjoyable for me in 2nd row too :)
    aus_suz wrote:
    -Emma- wrote:
    With Eddie's show I was very excited and lucky enough to get fantastic 2nd row seats, so that certainly added to the experience.

Well I was only 4th row, maybe that's why I didn't enjoy it as much.
  • -Emma--Emma- Posts: 2,864
    Yeah, glad you enjoyed it. I did enjoyed it, just not as much as everyone on this forum seems too. Its funny to me that there is and was a massive shit fight for Ed solo show tickets yet something like the tres mts shows have tickets sitting round for ages and don't even sell out. Like it's mike and Jeff. And in my opinion everything on that tres mts album is better then anything on eds two solo releases. The only 2 into the wild songs I came out of that solo show with a new found respect for was rise and hard sun. And there is maybe 3 off the new album I enjoy.

But yeah, it's all a matter of taste I guess. I'm gobsmacked you don't own all of pearl jams albums, unless it's backspacer that you don't own, that I can understand. I only own it on vinyl.

I think Eddie's solo shows could really be enjoyed by a wide range of people though...even people who aren't familiar with Eddie or PJ.

There are quite a few of their albums that I don't have yet. After finding out about the site gremmie on the forum i've been listening to a lot of live recordings and B-sides, etc.

Just a tip for future reference :) , I intentionally bought tickets for the 3rd Sydney show with the thinking that most people would try to buy tickets for the first show (from ticketmaster, I wasn't in the Ten Club at the time). My theory worked that time, the seats were amazing! Eddie really gives you eye contact when he sings, and i'm still rather jealous that my dad got a raise of the eyebrows and a smile from Ed (I guess Ed liked seeing an old guy there!). :mrgreen:
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    doompony wrote:
    Album in June, tour in August! :)
    bazzer wrote:
    doompony wrote:

just announced aussie dates.

Friday 19th August - The Corner Hotel, Melbourne
    Saturday 20th August - Jive Bar, Adelaide
    Wednesday 25th August - Cambridge Hotel, Newcastle
    Thursday 26th August - ANU Bar, Canberra
    Friday 27th August - Oxford Art Factory, Sydney
    Saturday 28th August - The Zoo, Brisbane

awesome, can't wait to see him again. glad he is doing a date in brisbane besides splendour.
    bazzer wrote:
    doompony wrote:

don't tell eddie but i'm way more excited about a second liam album than a second vedder album... *shhhhh*
    bazzer wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    edited June 2011
    bazzer wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    I saw a poster for Liam's new album today & it said in stores June 3rd I think it was. Marbecks has got a pre-order thingee:
    http://www.marbecks.co.nz/detail/index. ... gID=623331

or from Real Groovy:
    http://www.realgroovy.co.nz/Product/4654928/FOMO
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    so uke is out tomorrow.. i finally get a hear :)

excited :)

haven't been here for awhile for my post whore standards, apparently tix have been on sale and people are bitching :?
    wah
    -Emma- wrote:

I think Eddie's solo shows could really be enjoyed by a wide range of people though...even people who aren't familiar with Eddie or PJ.

There are quite a few of their albums that I don't have yet. After finding out about the site gremmie on the forum i've been listening to a lot of live recordings and B-sides, etc.

Just a tip for future reference :) , I intentionally bought tickets for the 3rd Sydney show with the thinking that most people would try to buy tickets for the first show (from ticketmaster, I wasn't in the Ten Club at the time). My theory worked that time, the seats were amazing! Eddie really gives you eye contact when he sings, and i'm still rather jealous that my dad got a raise of the eyebrows and a smile from Ed (I guess Ed liked seeing an old guy there!). :mrgreen:

Thanks for the tip will keep it in mind for next time...
    Im in 10c and got 3 row.... upstairs that is....
    How old is your Dad??
    so uke is out tomorrow.. i finally get a hear :)

excited :)

haven't been here for awhile for my post whore standards, apparently tix have been on sale and people are bitching :?

Im ringing JB again today to see if its in store yet?... :|
    Wish it would hurry up..
    aus_suz wrote:
    -Emma- wrote:
    With Eddie's show I was very excited and lucky enough to get fantastic 2nd row seats, so that certainly added to the experience.

I reckon they should scrap seniority for 10c and allocate tickets by height and eyesight..hahaha
    Should put me front row for sure hahaha.. I wish :)
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    aus_suz wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:

I reckon they should scrap seniority for 10c and allocate tickets by height and eyesight..hahaha

Or age .. oldest in front ;)

HAPPY HALF CENTURY SUZ!! :)

WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

:clap::clap:

Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

E.K wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:

Or age .. oldest in front ;)

HAPPY HALF CENTURY SUZ!! :)

WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

:clap::clap:

Well theres another Jammer thats 52 today EK looking at the birthday list... :)

Thanks for the Birthday Wishes .. x
    well.

got my preorder vinyl download this morning before work. after my first listen on the bus i have to say i really like ed's album.

well blow me down with a feather!
    doompony wrote:
    well.

got my preorder vinyl download this morning before work. after my first listen on the bus i have to say i really like ed's album.

well blow me down with a feather!
    Im just going to check to see if I have this or not..didnt know it was included I should
    read more about what Im purchasing haaha
    should i take advantage of the exchange rate and snag vs/vitalogy? i have to pay insurance as well on the house.. aarrgghhhh. why don't i have a money treeeeee??
    ooh it's less than 300..
    doompony wrote:
    should i take advantage of the exchange rate and snag vs/vitalogy? i have to pay insurance as well on the house.. aarrgghhhh. why don't i have a money treeeeee??

i thought about it when the dollar was over $1.10, but if you get it from the sony international site it didn't make a difference as they charge $169 plus $73 shipping in aussie dollars anyway, and if you get it from ten club if it gets lost or damaged in the mail they won't replace it.
    doompony wrote:

i thought about it when the dollar was over $1.10, but if you get it from the sony international site it didn't make a difference as they charge $169 plus $73 shipping in aussie dollars anyway, and if you get it from ten club if it gets lost or damaged in the mail they won't replace it.
    Yeah thats weird how for that amount of money its not insured or tracked..
    Does Sony ship from within Aus or is that from the US too..
    I think I will be like u Fishy and probably not get it cos the shipping is far too high..
    doompony wrote:
    ooh it's less than 300..

I think it worked out to about $225.00
    should I be worried that my ukelele-playing Mum is equally as excited about the new album as I am????

she doesn't give a fig about PJ20 though

lucky thing... :|
    argh.. i just can't bring myself to do it... next time i have nothing big on my credit card.. maybe... ugh... stupid insurance.. and next month is my car's registration and warrant... and any repairs... but.. uh..

*cries*