Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    bazzer wrote:
    morello wrote:
    Soooo, I've still been e-mailing with the guy at the radio station & today he said:

"Well no promoter was willing to pick up Ed's tour out of Aus at the time not enough venues available at the right price.
    The gig is Neil's idea & not ours, I think the best way to do it is like the Foo Fighters gig, get everyone to do the promotion on it.
    Fingers crossed."

So, we'll see but yep, fingers crossed!! Totally stink-arse about the "no promoter was willing to pick up Ed's tour out of Aus at the time not enough venues available at the right price." bit too. :x
    I can't believe that. I wonder what the "right price" is? Considering Lady Antebellum can play at the Civic for $89 and there's three (?) of them, I wonder how much Ed would need to charge to play there. It'd still sell out if he charged $150 I guess?
    Ed at The Civic would be fabulous! I saw PJ Harvey there the last time she was in NZ which was cool. The St James a la 7 Worlds Collide would be great too when they finally work out WTF they're going to do with that place & that they can't ditch it!!!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    vital5 wrote:
    I thought, Kevin... errr, I mean Jill and co. were mistakenly left behind after over-sleeping in the attic the night before Eddie and the crew departed for Australia on the solo tour (A poor attempt at a head count in the tour bus before leaving was the cause).
    While they initially relished the time by themselves, they were later greeted by two would-be burglars. Jill and co. eventually managed to outwit them with a series of booby traps...

i just heard that while Ed was in Aus, Jill and the girls went on their own island holiday to a little place called Amity. but when they arrived a dismembered body washed up on the beach. at first it was believed it was a boating accident, but jill knew better and called in a shark expert, matt hooper. who confirmed to Jill it was a shark attack, and it was a big shark, bigger then he'd ever seen. Jill told the mayor they had to close the beaches but the mayor didn't want to cause a panic on the biggest holiday weekend of the year, so they stayed open. until more people where attacked by this monstrous shark. so a town meeting was had to decide what was to be done about the shark. this is where Jill first met Quint. who claimed he could catch the shark. so off went Jill, Hooper and Quint on the pursuit of this monster. sadly only Jill and hooper returned after Jill shot an oxygen tank that was lodged in the giant sharks mouth exploding the tank and the shark into a million fleshy pieces.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    good god brits and fishy

probably the top 2 posts in this thread

no bullshit part 2 was the better thread :lol:
    wah
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    vital5 wrote:
    I thought, Kevin... errr, I mean Jill and co. were mistakenly left behind after over-sleeping in the attic the night before Eddie and the crew departed for Australia on the solo tour (A poor attempt at a head count in the tour bus before leaving was the cause).
    While they initially relished the time by themselves, they were later greeted by two would-be burglars. Jill and co. eventually managed to outwit them with a series of booby traps...

i just heard that while Ed was in Aus, Jill and the girls went on their own island holiday to a little place called Amity. but when they arrived a dismembered body washed up on the beach. at first it was believed it was a boating accident, but jill knew better and called in a shark expert, matt hooper. who confirmed to Jill it was a shark attack, and it was a big shark, bigger then he'd ever seen. Jill told the mayor they had to close the beaches but the mayor didn't want to cause a panic on the biggest holiday weekend of the year, so they stayed open. until more people where attacked by this monstrous shark. so a town meeting was had to decide what was to be done about the shark. this is where Jill first met Quint. who claimed he could catch the shark. so off went Jill, Hooper and Quint on the pursuit of this monster. sadly only Jill and hooper returned after Jill shot an oxygen tank that was lodged in the giant sharks mouth exploding the tank and the shark into a million fleshy pieces.
    Jill and co. had to travel to Las Vegas for a bachelorette party before the tour... Tigers in hotels, Police cars, Yakuza and Mike Tyson ensued. They ended up waking up the next morning not remembering a thing and missing Eddie, whose gigs were scheduled to start the next day. They missed their flights out and couldn't afford another as they had to pay dental bills for a missing tooth.
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    vital5 wrote:
    vital5 wrote:

Jill and co. had to travel to Las Vegas for a bachelorette party during the tour... Tigers in hotels, Police cars, Yakuza and Mike Tyson ensued. They ended up waking up the next morning not remembering a thing and missing Eddie, whose gigs were scheduled to start the next day. They missed their flights out and couldn't afford another as they had to pay dental bills for a missing tooth.

At the last minute just before they were scheduled to leave, Jill decided to go hiking in blue John canyon in Utah, but forgot to leave a note as to where she was going. So while canyoning a boulder became dislodged, crushing her right arm and pinning it against the canyon wall. She was trapped with the little supplies she had, including very little water and food, some rigging and rope and an old multi tool. So she started to use the multi tool to try and chip away at the rock to try and dislodge her arm. Knowing ed had already left for australia and wouldn't be looking for her, she tried to lift and chip away the boulder. After 5 days Jill eventually ran out of water and started to drink her own urine. She also carved her name, date of birth and presumed date of death into the sandstone canyon wall, and videotaped her last goodbyes to Ed and her family. In a last ditch attempt to survive, she decided to amputate her arm with her blunt multi tool. After realising she would never be able to cut through her bone with the knife she used the boulder and the rock wall to break her arm and proceeded to cut through her arm. After freeing herself she was still miles from help and had no mobile phone. She rappelled down a cliff then hiked out of the canyon in the hot midday sun. While hiking out, she ran into a couple and their son, who gave her water and sent for help. Jill was ultimately rescued by a helicopter search team six hours after amputating her arm, therefore missing her flight to Australia.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
    Jill was ultimately rescued by a helicopter search team six hours after amputating her arm, therefore missing her flight to Australia.

r189122_708705.jpg
    wah
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    The real reason is that Jill had to travel to Dallas to try out for the Texas Cowgirls....and we all know what happened there.... 8-)
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    The real reason is that Jill had to travel to Dallas to try out for the Texas Cowgirls....and we all know what happened there.... 8-)

i thought it was because she boarded this new ocean liner that was apparently the biggest of its time, but sadly it hit something in the ocean. luckily her and the littlies made it safely back to land, unfortunately not in time for the flight to Australia though

whatever, Fishy's is best hahaha
    wah
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet due to all the posts about JVed. ;)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

edited April 2011
    vital5 wrote:
    "vital5"

"threefish"
    Jill and co. had to travel to Las Vegas for a bachelorette party during the tour... Tigers in hotels, Police cars, Yakuza and Mike Tyson ensued. They ended up waking up the next morning not remembering a thing and missing Eddie, whose gigs were scheduled to start the next day. They missed their flights out and couldn't afford another as they had to pay dental bills for a missing tooth.

At the last minute just before they were scheduled to leave, Jill decided to go hiking in blue John canyon in Utah, but forgot to leave a note as to where she was going. So while canyoning a boulder became dislodged, crushing her right arm and pinning it against the canyon wall. She was trapped with the little supplies she had, including very little water and food, some rigging and rope and an old multi tool. So she started to use the multi tool to try and chip away at the rock to try and dislodge her arm. Knowing ed had already left for australia and wouldn't be looking for her, she tried to lift and chip away the boulder. After 5 days Jill eventually ran out of water and started to drink her own urine. She also carved her name, date of birth and presumed date of death into the sandstone canyon wall, and videotaped her last goodbyes to Ed and her family. In a last ditch attempt to survive, she decided to amputate her arm with her blunt multi tool. After realising she would never be able to cut through her bone with the knife she used the boulder and the rock wall to break her arm and proceeded to cut through her arm. After freeing herself she was still miles from help and had no mobile phone. She rappelled down a cliff then hiked out of the canyon in the hot midday sun. While hiking out, she ran into a couple and their son, who gave her water and sent for help. Jill was ultimately rescued by a helicopter search team six hours after amputating her arm, therefore missing her flight to Australia.
    I actually read Jill and co. were busy in court, suing Steven Spielberg over copying a Screenplay she wrote quite a few years ago, "E.V.- the Extraordinary-Vocalist", commonly known as just "E.V."

The concept for E.V. was based on an imaginary friend Jill and co. created during Pearl Jam's 2009 Australian tour.
    Post edited by vital5 on
    E.K wrote:
    I'm surprised this thread hasn't been stickied yet due to all the posts about JVed. ;)

I know... it's surprising!
    vital5 wrote:
    I actually read Jill and co. were busy in court, suing Steven Spielberg over copying a Screenplay she wrote quite a few years ago, "E.V.- the Extraordinary-Vocalist", commonly known as just "E.V."

The concept for E.V. was based on an imaginary friend Jill and co. created after Pearl Jam's 2009 Australian tour.

I hope E.V remembered to "phone home"

:lol:
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

E.K wrote:
    vital5 wrote:

The concept for E.V. was based on an imaginary friend Jill and co. created after Pearl Jam's 2009 Australian tour.

I hope E.V remembered to "phone home"

:lol:
    in one scene he flew passed the moon, his silhouette could be seen against it.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnMGqho5JCq9M781xlKJMhuzUo4usx3s_0B8ouPOsDK4b4y_EvVg
    The above image is taken from Exhibit A: a sketch from the story board of Jill's screenplay E.V.

Clearly showing Spielberg's plagerism below...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_wUGJyxUmoV5MuAJ7dbNPDZxJqFY_75irGSCSvOwrhpOrJAdx
    My god ... you're right ... there is even a slight resemblance!

E.V.
    vedder_mohawk.jpg

E.T.
    et_1474485c.jpg

:(
    wah
    :yawn:
    8-)

May 10 girls....waves....glory....can't wait for a tour now! :mrgreen::lol:8-)
    i can just see you streaking naked through this thread Zig.. ha ha!
    wah
    i can just see you streaking naked through this thread Zig.. ha ha!

Just spreading the love, pants! :mrgreen:
  • TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,365
    i picked a bad time to re open this thread for the first time in months.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.

Really really REALLY bad time. Nothing going on here....at all.
    ZiggyStar wrote:

that's what you said under the labcoat
    wah
    ZiggyStar wrote:

that's what you said under the labcoat

I was just trying to make you stop drooling on me....unsuccessfully I might add! :lol:
    i'm a drool machine :oops:
    wah
    Hey was just thinking that today is exactly one month since the Newcastle EV show, then remembered that I'd seen Donjon (Brendan) lining up for food at the Clarendon and said hello but then never saw him anywhere around after that, ie. he didn't hang around for the Fundraiser. I wonder what happened?

not everyone 'hangs' with the 'gang' EK :)

sorry i missed him this tour, overdue for a hello
    wah
    not everyone 'hangs' with the 'gang' EK :)

sorry i missed him this tour, overdue for a hello

I know .. but I thought he was friends with Rob and Stu so was expecting to see him with them. Actually I think when I saw him it might have been just after the fundraiser had ended and people were getting food etc. or going to collect their 10c tickets from the theatre.

Can't believe it's been a month already. :(

• morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    E.K wrote:
    Can't believe it's been a month already. :(

I too can't believe it's been a month already. :cry::cry::cry:
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    Yeah, DonJon arrived at the very end....maybe after 6pm or so? He said hello to everyone, got some food and then it was pretty much time for the show. His gf had to be back in Sydney that night because she had a very early start the next morning. I wish I got more time with him.

This must be my year for natural disasters....first cyclone....first earthquake....what's next? :? Fucking Townsville....deadly snakes, spiders, marine stingers, crocodiles, sharks, cyclones, earthquakes.... :x