Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    doompony wrote:
    quote from the paper about prince william and kate not coming to nz for the world cup this year because they didn't want to be seen to have an influence over the election in november. because they're not coming to nz they canceled their australian visit too...

""You can't really go to Australia without going to New Zealand so it's all been put on hold," the source said."

Someone needs to tell that to EDDIE VEDDER right?

;):lol:
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    farking reckon!
    if it's not one thing it's the other.

the foo fighters are coming.

but only to auckland.

WHY DO BANDS ONLY EVER GO THERE? I can't afford to travel to Auckland, nor do I want to.

CMON!
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    doompony wrote:

but only to auckland.

WHY DO BANDS ONLY EVER GO THERE? I can't afford to travel to Auckland, nor do I want to.

CMON!
    The only reason is financial, I guess. It's the biggest city, it gets the most gigs. It's not fair, but I live in Auckland, so I don't care! :lol:
  • FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sorry. I'm extremely excited
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
    bazzer wrote:
    doompony wrote:

but only to auckland.

CMON!
    The only reason is financial, I guess. It's the biggest city, it gets the most gigs. It's not fair, but I live in Auckland, so I don't care! :lol:

:roll:

I guess you need some compensation for having to live there... :lol:
    whatever. i get to see the adults this month. i am super stoked about that due to the awesomeness of that line up. screw the americans man. kiwi bands are where it's at.
    think i can just about kiss the vs/vitalogy set goodbye for the foreseeable

car repairs... plus needed 2 new tyres

HEY TEN CLUB! can i have one for free for being extra good this year? :D
    doompony wrote:

I bought the CD Deluxe set and have only played it once.

:oops:
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    E.K wrote:
    doompony wrote:

How much was that EK... might be better than nothing..
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    5 months till we hit 2012.
    Surely PJ will announce thier once in a three year tour soon......

:D

TOUR!! 8-)
    E.K wrote:
    doompony wrote:

I bought the Super Deluxe set and haven't played it at all!

I did look at it, though!
    Jo wrote:

TOUR!! 8-)

Yes! I've been thinking the same thing lately. :)

• illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    what happened to Sir DonJon!
    wah
    what happened to Sir DonJon!

I saw him briefly in the food queue at the pub before the Newcastle EV show and said hello to him.

i meant here, but real life works too :lol:

who knew real life existed :?
    wah
    i meant here, but real life works too :lol:

who knew real life existed :?

Yeah I knew you meant that too. Maybe his girl is keeping him too busy and he's forgotten all about this place.

:twisted: :)

• morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    E.K wrote:
    Jo wrote:

TOUR!! 8-)

Yes! I've been thinking the same thing lately. :)
    Yeah I wouidn't be surprised if at least OZ get some shows next year ater the new album maybe? They goddamm better come to NZ as well although count me in either way!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • ZimzuMZimzuM Posts: 209
    For those who have gotten the VS/Vitalogy deluxe box set how much did it end up costing? Was there any extra customs charge that they warn about before you purchase it?
    2/3/98 Melbourne, 18/2/03 Melbourne, 19/2/03 Melbourne, 20/2/03 Melbourne, 4/9/06 Lisbon, 5/9/06 Lisbon, 7/9/06 Madrid, 9/9/06 Marsielle, 11/9/06 Paris, 7/11/06 Sydney, 8/11/06 Sydney, 10/11/06 Brisbane, 11/11/06 Brisbane, 13/11/06 Melbourne, 14/11/06 Melbourne, 16/11/06 Melbourne, 20/11/00 Melbourne
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    ZimzuM wrote:
    For those who have gotten the VS/Vitalogy deluxe box set how much did it end up costing? Was there any extra customs charge that they warn about before you purchase it?

For Australia there isnt I dont think..
    In the UK u would have the VAT tax
    Its $75 bucks for shipping ..
    I dont think many Aussies would've purchased this one which is a shame...
    And there was no responsibility taken for damaged or undelivered items which sucks
    for that amount of shipping imo..
  • pearl_manpearl_man Posts: 35
    Anyone heard of if/when/where we are getting the PJ20 movie on our cinema screens? I'm not holding out a lot of hope as its probably not going to be a huge money maker for the cinemas themselves.
    Adelaide 7/3/98, Adelaide 16/02/03, Melbourne 18-19/02/03, Brisbane 10-11/11/06, Adelaide 21-22/11/06, Adelaide 17/11/06, Sydney 22/11/06, Brisbane 25/11/06, EV- Adelaide 27-28/03/11...
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    i heard it's gonna be a double feature playing after the Glee 3D concert movie. i'm so looking forward to Glee/PJ20 on the big screen together, it's gonna be epic.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
    Anyone know about how we find out about PJ20 movie in NZ?
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • mj351mj351 Posts: 218
    Read this on a few sites

Pearl Jam Twenty will show in Australia for one night only in select Hoyts, Village, and Event Cinemas on Tuesday September 20.

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
    i heard it's gonna be a double feature playing after the Glee 3D concert movie. i'm so looking forward to Glee/PJ20 on the big screen together, it's gonna be epic.

how will you control yourself fishy?

i do look forward to September 20...

many birthdays in September...

:!:
    wah
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    I just want to say that I am in the belief that DOWN UNDER including NEW ZEALALND are in line for a
    Pearl Jam TOUR announcement.....

by my reckoning I'll be getting on a Domestic plane to lots of venues come 2012. :D:D
    Jo wrote:
    I just want to say that I am in the belief that DOWN UNDER including NEW ZEALALND are in line for a

by my reckoning I'll be getting on a Domestic plane to lots of venues come 2012. :D:D
    I totally wouldn't be surprised if at least Oz get a tour with the new album. They goddam better come to NZ as well. Either way I'll do what I can to be in for multiple shows! If my bank balance recovers from PJ2 ok. :?
    Meanwhile hanging out to know about the movie in NZ!!!!!!!!
    <hr>
    morello wrote:
    Jo wrote:

I totally wouldn't be surprised if at least Oz get a tour with the new album. They goddam better come to NZ as well. Either way I'll do what I can to be in for multiple shows! If my bank balance recovers from PJ2 ok. :?
    Meanwhile hanging out to know about the movie in NZ!!!!!!!!
    I'd say your best bet is to listen to The Rock. They put on the filming of the FF doco, I wouldn't be surprised if they did this one too. Other than that, no chance I reckon. Maybe they'd have it at Sylvia Park, I've seen something else funny on there before.
    i don't really care if it doesn't play here. no one would want to go and i can still buy it on dvd and watch it at home.

though they did play hype! in public here. that was cool, but that was also like.. 1996.
    doompony wrote:
    i don't really care if it doesn't play here. no one would want to go and i can still buy it on dvd and watch it at home.

though they did play hype! in public here. that was cool, but that was also like.. 1996.
    "no one", or "no one you know"?