Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    I hope so, but need to figure out costs and what not.
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    ha. i couldn't even afford to go to aussie for eddie's shows. no way.
  • Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    I wish I could go so much, but I can’t fork out that type of cash at the moment.
    It sounds like it’s going to be awesome. I hope some Aussies and New Zealanders get over there and represent
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    I'm seriously hoping to go over. Finding it hard to believe but I'm checking out flights to start with.... AAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! :D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Red_Dot wrote:
    Any Aussie or NZers going to make the trip over for PJ20?

I wish... the EV show broke the bank account haha

Time to start buying lotto tickets again....
    You only live once, right? Still, can't help feeling like it's not a good use of my money. Kinda hoping I get shut out of tickets on Tuesday, then I won't have to make the decision myself. I reckon flights might be doable for under $2,000 each. I'd still be looking at $10k all up though. +/-$10k makes a big difference to the mortgage in the long run!
    well think of us here. in nz. who can't afford to leave nz.

nz.
    bazzer wrote:
    You only live once, right? Still, can't help feeling like it's not a good use of my money. Kinda hoping I get shut out of tickets on Tuesday, then I won't have to make the decision myself. I reckon flights might be doable for under $2,000 each. I'd still be looking at $10k all up though. +/-$10k makes a big difference to the mortgage in the long run!

Yeah thats true u do only live once,.... and u dont know whats around the corner..hey??
    Would only think of doing the tour if I had money to spare.. so no thinking here really...

Look forward tho to hearing about it all and listening to the boots perhaps..
    and drooling over the merch... :)

Hopefully we will get something here in Aus... not this yr I hope tho.. late 2012 or 2013 :)
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    Congrats to Vedder Soup (Michael) for getting tickets to PJ20. :)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    aus_suz wrote:
    bazzer wrote:

Yeah thats true u do only live once,.... and u dont know whats around the corner..hey??

Yeah I know what's around the corner... PJ21!! Then they will be legally allowed to drink... Now THAT will be a bigger party!!
    vital5 wrote:
    Yeah I know what's around the corner... PJ21!! Then they will be legally allowed to drink... Now THAT will be a bigger party!!

:lol:

Goose
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

Congrats too to Morello (Jenny from NZ). :)

• threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    E.K wrote:
    vital5 wrote:

:lol:

isn't this year already PJ21? the 10th anniversary show was in vegas in 2000, but the 20th is in 2011????
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    just been reading the 30 page apology thread, that's some funny shit.

i can't believe ones saying shit like "oh who could expect anything like that to happen, apology excepted" ha ha, umm, anyone with half a brain knew demand for this was gonna be huge, and everytime tix or even highly sort after posters go onsale the site melts down. what a joke.

they really should do something to fix the situation or lt someone else handle ten club ticket sales.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
    well i'm going to see jon toogood, julia deans and shayne carter's super band "the adults" in july.

so.

i win.

well, it'll be awesome and cost like 40 bucks. and accommodation is free since i live here.

so.

win.

:?
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    E.K wrote:
    Thnx EK. I'm still in absolute shock! :o Jeez & wait til the shock of the visa bill! :o:o Absolutely can't believe I'm doing this but it sure looks like I am.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    just been reading the 30 page apology thread, that's some funny shit.

i can't believe ones saying shit like "oh who could expect anything like that to happen, apology excepted" ha ha, umm, anyone with half a brain knew demand for this was gonna be huge, and everytime tix or even highly sort after posters go onsale the site melts down. what a joke.

they really should do something to fix the situation or lt someone else handle ten club ticket sales.

Ha that thread is locked now... they should stagger the tickets over several days.. and it should be seniority based.. lower numbers get 1st offer on tickets .. so if your number is under 100,000 u get try on 1st day then 2nd day if your number is between 200,000 and 250,000 u get to try and so on.. then there would be less traffic...
    sounds a good idea to me.. :);)
    morello wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    Thnx EK. I'm still in absolute shock! :o Jeez & wait til the shock of the visa bill! :o:o Absolutely can't believe I'm doing this but it sure looks like I am.

jealous..... much...

well done.. stoked for u
    aus_suz wrote:
    morello wrote:
    E.K wrote:

jealous..... much...

well done.. stoked for u

Hinn, Michael and Leigh are going too.

I wonder if Rob, Ryan and Wozza are going?

• topaztopaz Posts: 301
    morello wrote:
    E.K wrote:

Yea Morello! REpresent for the kiwis! Ok, your mission is, you gotta get to one of the PJ boys and tell them, they gotta return here 2012, and don't take no for an answer! None of this another 11 year wait crap thank you very much. How bloody exciting for you, it will be the absolute trip of a lifetime, I am officially VERY jealous but stoked for ya 8-)
    you will have to report back to us when you are there!!
  • topaztopaz Posts: 301
    doompony wrote:
    well i'm going to see jon toogood, julia deans and shayne carter's super band "the adults" in july.

so.

i win.

well, it'll be awesome and cost like 40 bucks. and accommodation is free since i live here.

so.

win.

:?
    You actually do beat me, Ms Pony, if that's any consolation. There are ZERO live gigs coming up on my radar. Now that just BITES :x :x :x :x
    nawww.
    i just don't get how people have this endless pearl jam fund. fans are crazy. i have an endless line of bills that is making even the vs/vitalogy boxset impossible at the mo. sucks.
    doompony wrote:
    i just don't get how people have this endless pearl jam fund. fans are crazy. i have an endless line of bills that is making even the vs/vitalogy boxset impossible at the mo. sucks.

ditto..... I emailed 10c to see if u could get it elsewhere u can get it from Sony
    Im not sure if that is sony australia but the shipping is still 75 bucks..
    doompony wrote:
    If it makes you feel any better, I took the sensible approach and skipped this too. Well, after things were so messed up on Tuesday and then I wasn't able to try Wednesday, but I think even if I had the tickets in my cart I may not have clicked "submit".

<justification>There'll be other shows, these probably won't be that great anyway...</justification>
    doompony wrote:
    I gave the Vs/Vitalogy box set a miss even though Vitalogy is my fave album i've said over the years... the postage cost ruled me out of that one (half the price of the goods, fuck that!)
    some fans are crazier than others...
    bazzer wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    If it makes you feel any better, I took the sensible approach and skipped this too. Well, after things were so messed up on Tuesday and then I wasn't able to try Wednesday, but I think even if I had the tickets in my cart I may not have clicked "submit".
    haha even if you hit submit, who knows what might have happened.

I remember a tour where Oz tickets went on sale on the site on a saturday... i wasn't near a computer, so I had to ring my brother to buy tickets for me... Lucky the system was different back then and maybe lucky it was only Australian tickets. :D

Maybe that ,'Anonymous' hacker group, could get the army of pearl jam fans together that tried to buy tickets in these sales to bring websites down... ?
    I remember lining up hours before the box office opened to get my first pj show tickets in my hand.

ANYWAYS, Liam Finn and Chris Cornell are both touring NZ so that's fucking choice.

See Eddie? Chris can do it.

And since Chris is coming to Wellington AND playing in an outstanding seated venue, I'm gonna go. I haven't enjoyed much of his output since the first Audioslave, but I'm hoping he sticks to Soundgarden and Euphoria Morning (one of the most perfect albums in the history of albums).

AND Liam Finn is just fucking awesome all the time, so can't wait to see him live again... hopefully his album comes out before.
    i also remember for that same show, despite having tickets from the box office, the ten club wrote to me a month or so later to say i had 2 tickets on hold as a fanclub member if i wanted them and i just had to get in touch to claim and pay.

that was a good system.
    doompony wrote:
    i also remember for that same show, despite having tickets from the box office, the ten club wrote to me a month or so later to say i had 2 tickets on hold as a fanclub member if i wanted them and i just had to get in touch to claim and pay.

that was a good system.
    well the example i gave was for when they started doing Tenclub Online sales, back then there wasn't even a glimmer of any thought that they'd sell out, or you'd miss out if you bought tickets a day later, or lotteries...

and yes... i too lined up overnight for tickets to my first PJ show... now that was a flukey experience in itself... the first show having sold out, i could only get second show tickets... THEN as you say.. Tenclub a.k.a. Vitalogy Health Club wrote to me (can't remember how, snail mail?) and said I could buy a pair to the first show, at the time I had no idea whether I would be screwed when i turned up on the night... obviously I wasn't, THEN at the show the woman at the box office asked if I wanted seats OR the floor (I don't remember my reaction, but i'm sure i did a cartwheel or two?)
    Now you know why I don't complain :D (much?), except maybe about seniority disappearing somewhat...