Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Yeah, DonJon arrived at the very end....maybe after 6pm or so? He said hello to everyone, got some food and then it was pretty much time for the show. His gf had to be back in Sydney that night because she had a very early start the next morning. I wish I got more time with him.

This must be my year for natural disasters....first cyclone....first earthquake....what's next? :? Fucking Townsville....deadly snakes, spiders, marine stingers, crocodiles, sharks, cyclones, earthquakes.... :x

Oh ok... didn't know he had a girlfriend. :) I miss the Life Wasted Board. We can't all chat properly like we used to and tell each other stuff about our lives etc. I just read about the earthquake. :shock:
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    E.K wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Yeah, DonJon arrived at the very end....maybe after 6pm or so? He said hello to everyone, got some food and then it was pretty much time for the show. His gf had to be back in Sydney that night because she had a very early start the next morning. I wish I got more time with him.

This must be my year for natural disasters....first cyclone....first earthquake....what's next? :? Fucking Townsville....deadly snakes, spiders, marine stingers, crocodiles, sharks, cyclones, earthquakes.... :x

Oh ok... didn't know he had a girlfriend. :) I miss the Life Wasted Board. We can't all chat properly like we used to and tell each other stuff about our lives etc. I just read about the earthquake. :shock:

Yeah....and she's hot too....seriously....very good looking! He's done very well for himself!! :mrgreen:

DonJon wasn't on LW.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    E.K wrote:
    Hey was just thinking that today is exactly one month since the Newcastle EV show, then remembered that I'd seen Donjon (Brendan) lining up for food at the Clarendon and said hello but then never saw him anywhere around after that, ie. he didn't hang around for the Fundraiser. I wonder what happened?
    Who is Donjon? :shock:
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    vital5 wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    Hey was just thinking that today is exactly one month since the Newcastle EV show, then remembered that I'd seen Donjon (Brendan) lining up for food at the Clarendon and said hello but then never saw him anywhere around after that, ie. he didn't hang around for the Fundraiser. I wonder what happened?
    ?

djdbutton.jpg
    vital5 wrote:
    E.K wrote:

Really?
    vital5 wrote:
    E.K wrote:

See above
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

ZiggyStar wrote:
    Yeah....and she's hot too....seriously....very good looking! He's done very well for himself!! :mrgreen:

DonJon wasn't on LW.

Oh yeah.. Well it must have been here then. He hardly posts here anymore.

• doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    so... are we going to be getting another issue of deep any time soon? perhaps a 2010 xmas single? no? it's only april, it's still early..
    doompony wrote:
    so... are we going to be getting another issue of deep any time soon? perhaps a 2010 xmas single? no? it's only april, it's still early..

Yet another reason why I won't be renewing my 10c membership in November .. 10c is just not worth being in anymore.

E.K wrote:
    doompony wrote:

Yet another reason why I won't be renewing my 10c membership in November .. 10c is just not worth being in anymore.
    Really? Because of an always late single? Wow!
    i can't remember when the single turned up last year, but the magazine turned up when i was in auckland at the pixies which was early march.

so.

it's been over a year.

just sayin.
    doompony wrote:
    i can't remember when the single turned up last year, but the magazine turned up when i was in auckland at the pixies which was early march.

so.

it's been over a year.

just sayin.
    I don't know what day or month my first ever xmas single turned up... All i Know is that it was raining that day :(

The thing was also left on my front doorstep/porch... boo!

<edit> come to think of it... the single was 'Happy when i'm crying' too... how fitting :)
    bazzer wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    doompony wrote:

Actually the late 10c Single is the least of my reasons for not wanting to renew as I don't even play them. In fact I donated most of my 10c Singles to the EV Newcastle Pre-show Fundraiser.

• morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    E.K wrote:
    bazzer wrote:

Actually the late 10c Single is the least of my reasons for not wanting to renew as I don't even play them. In fact I donated most of my 10c Singles to the EV Newcastle Pre-show Fundraiser.[/quote]
    You not gonna join again EK? :( But you love us all you know you do!!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    vital5 wrote:
    doompony wrote:

so.

it's been over a year.

just sayin.
    I don't know what day or month my first ever xmas single turned up... All i Know is that it was raining that day :(

The thing was also left on my front doorstep/porch... boo!

<edit> come to think of it... the single was 'Happy when i'm crying' too... how fitting :)

mine was olympic platinum. i don't remember it turning up but i do remember playing the ever loving hell out of it.
    morello wrote:
    You not gonna join again EK? :( But you love us all you know you do!!

I can still talk to you all on Facebook.

• threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    yeah, i too am out.

don't know what the cut off to getting the single was but i joined in 99 but my 1st Xmas single was 2000.

but i swear i had the 99 driftin/strangest tribe single cause i remember reading the it was recorded in Seattle on the 31st of november 1999, one of the days i also happened to be in Seattle during the "Battle of Seattle" WTO riots. but i don't seem to have it now. but i did pick up a 95 and Olympic platinum along the way sometime.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
    yeah, i too am out.

don't know what the cut off to getting the single was but i joined in 99 but my 1st Xmas single was 2000.

but i swear i had the 99 driftin/strangest tribe single cause i remember reading the it was recorded in Seattle on the 31st of november 1999, one of the days i also happened to be in Seattle during the "Battle of Seattle" WTO riots. but i don't seem to have it now. but i did pick up a 95 and Olympic platinum along the way sometime.

So you're definitely not rejoining, Fishy?

*clears throat*
    ZiggyStar wrote:

*clears throat*

Ha ha.

Not unless something awesome happens between now and September when it's up like they announce an Aussie tour or something better.
    i rejoin out of habit. try not to think about the wasted money when you don't really reap the benefits..

HABIT! i finally understand that song.
    ZiggyStar wrote:

*clears throat*

Ha ha.

Not unless something awesome happens between now and September when it's up like they announce an Aussie tour or something better.
    Nice knowing you.. Yesssss one more person out of the way!!! Soon i'll be #1.. oh wait...
    vital5 wrote:
    Nice knowing you.. Yesssss one more person out of the way!!! Soon i'll be #1.. oh wait...

Ha ha

/end typical elitist ten club member response when someone says they aren't gonna renew.
    vital5 wrote:

Ha ha

/end typical elitist ten club member response when someone says they aren't gonna renew.
    You say a lot of things, dude. Did you end up boycotting the solo Ed shows like you said you would?
    bazzer wrote:
    You say a lot of things, dude. Did you end up boycotting the solo Ed shows like you said you would?

i never said i was boycotting. i originally tried for tickets and missed out. so decided i wasn't gonna go. got offered a few tix along the way and declined them. and literally at 3.30pm of the day of the show got a call from Ozjammer who had some spares so decided to go. it was ok. not the life changing experience everyone round here bangs on about, but totally a case of once is enough. if Ed announced another solo tour here soon, i would skip it.

but yeah, like i've been saying since about November last year i ain't renewing, unless they announce a seated pearl jam tour of aus sometime between now and then, other wise for me it's just not worth it anymore. my membership is due to expire in September, so you have a few more months of me yet. and then with the grace period i'll probably still be able to post til at least the end of the year.
    bazzer wrote:

i never said i was boycotting. i originally tried for tickets and missed out. so decided i wasn't gonna go. got offered a few tix along the way and declined them. and literally at 3.30pm of the day of the show got a call from Ozjammer who had some spares so decided to go. it was ok. not the life changing experience everyone round here bangs on about, but totally a case of once is enough. if Ed announced another solo tour here soon, i would skip it.

but yeah, like i've been saying since about November last year i ain't renewing, unless they announce a seated pearl jam tour of aus sometime between now and then, other wise for me it's just not worth it anymore. my membership is due to expire in September, so you have a few more months of me yet. and then with the grace period i'll probably still be able to post til at least the end of the year.
    Talk about a downer... I'm Analogue and I have a t-shirt to prove it! Until New Years Day 2012... not sure how that happened... must have been my letting it lapse a few years back... I guess I renewed when I felt it 'in me waters' that they were about to tour.
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Just loves how a fellower Jammer will do a favour for another...
    Thank-you :)

I love this band and jamily... :) xx
    aus_suz wrote:

:?:

• aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    E.K wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:

:?:

Just saying how I feel Ek.... we are lucky that theres this network where
    we are only to willing to help out another jammer.. :)
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUS!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STELLA!!

I hope you both have a great day.

:)

• Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    Any Aussie or NZers going to make the trip over for PJ20?
    Take me for a ride before we leave...