Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    aus_suz wrote:
    he's not removing wallpaper from Tassie is he Suz? ;) and that is not a euphemism

F*CK! i've had gonna see my friend in my head all day.. that low voice weird part.. ugh... UGH.

:o :shock: :o

what :lol:

Thats
    OMG :EEK: OMG
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    :P :lol:
    wah
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Hey I e-mailed the radio station here that said Ed's coming here for a fundraising concert for Christchurch & they replied to say:

This is only a possibility at this stage.
    Everyone is keen so the logistics are being looked into.

I've e-mailed back to say isn't Ed back in the US now & please keep me posted so we'll see. I still really doubt it butttt..... ya never know!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • missislesmissisles Posts: 539
    morello wrote:
    Hey I e-mailed the radio station here that said Ed's coming here for a fundraising concert for Christchurch & they replied to say:

I've e-mailed back to say isn't Ed back in the US now & please keep me posted so we'll see. I still really doubt it butttt..... ya never know!

ill keep my fingers crossed for ya

would be awsome
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    missisles wrote:
    morello wrote:

would be awsome

I always thought he would hang around for Bells...Perhaps his family might join him in Aus for Easter then the Benefit would make more sense....I would be surprised if he didnt doing something for the Victims of the Aus and NZ tragedies
    i was kinda shocked at no ed hang around after...
    but
    recording and stuff

im pretty keen for recording :D :twisted:
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    aus_suz wrote:
    missisles wrote:
    morello wrote:

would be awsome

I always thought he would hang around for Bells...Perhaps his family might join him in Aus for Easter then the Benefit would make more sense....I would be surprised if he didnt doing something for the Victims of the Aus and NZ tragedies

Ooh... so does everyone think Ed might still be in Australia then? As I said before Eddie's good friends Ben Harper and Tim Robbins are both playing at Byron Bay Bluesfest this year which is over the Easter break. Hmmm. :)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

i think hes gone :(
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    if finn is organizing something, a lot of people automatically assume he'll have all his big name muso friends come along for the ride.
  • I really dont want to get excited about this rumour because we know where that got us last time.

BUT, BUT, BUT, if it does happen, then I can forgive Eddie for his past mistake and let him out of the naughty chair.

I think he must have been stalking us on FB again. :lol:
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
    Soooo, I've still been e-mailing with the guy at the radio station & today he said:

"Well no promoter was willing to pick up Ed's tour out of Aus at the time not enough venues available at the right price.
    The gig is Neil's idea & not ours, I think the best way to do it is like the Foo Fighters gig, get everyone to do the promotion on it.
    Fingers crossed."

So, we'll see but yep, fingers crossed!! Totally stink-arse about the "no promoter was willing to pick up Ed's tour out of Aus at the time not enough venues available at the right price." bit too. :x
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    morello wrote:
    Soooo, I've still been e-mailing with the guy at the radio station & today he said:

"Well no promoter was willing to pick up Ed's tour out of Aus at the time not enough venues available at the right price.
    The gig is Neil's idea & not ours, I think the best way to do it is like the Foo Fighters gig, get everyone to do the promotion on it.
    Fingers crossed."

So, we'll see but yep, fingers crossed!! Totally stink-arse about the "no promoter was willing to pick up Ed's tour out of Aus at the time not enough venues available at the right price." bit too. :x

Good bit of investigating there... :)
    aus_suz wrote:
    Good bit of investigating there... :)
    :)
    <hr>
  • morello wrote:

Fingers crossed."

I was saying the other day that he should do it like the Foos did. It worked really well, EVERYONE worked for no pay and everyone working was really really happy and glad to be there helping out. Good work emailing them, keep us posted, anything I can do to help? More emails?

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
    No promoter? Didn't Eddie himself tell Joe that he didn't do NZ because he didn't want to be away from his family for more than 3 weeks?
    by the way, ha. ha. i am so awesome.

mike mccready retweeted a photo of my dog finn with a pj20 sticker on her.. heheh.
    I asked him to keep me posted, not sure if he will of course though. I'll definitely keep people here posted if I hear anything more. :) All we can do really is keep fingers crossed I expect. I wasn't sure what he meant about the Foos concert "get everyone to do the promotion on it.", but whatever they have to do if it happens will be great!
    doompony wrote:
    No promoter? Didn't Eddie himself tell Joe that he didn't do NZ because he didn't want to be away from his family for more than 3 weeks?
    That's what the guy told me, I know no more. I thought it would be more the not wanting to be away thing.
    <hr>
    doompony wrote:
    by the way, ha. ha. i am so awesome.

mike mccready retweeted a photo of my dog finn with a pj20 sticker on her.. heheh.

awwwwwsome

:D
    morello wrote:
    I asked him to keep me posted, not sure if he will of course though. I'll definitely keep people here posted if I hear anything more. :) All we can do really is keep fingers crossed I expect. I wasn't sure what he meant about the Foos concert "get everyone to do the promotion on it.", but whatever they have to do if it happens will be great!
    doompony wrote:
    That's what the guy told me, I know no more. I thought it would be more the not wanting to be away thing.

So I wonder why Ed didn't bring his family with him for EV 11. They were here for PJ 09.
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    E.K wrote:
    So I wonder why Ed didn't bring his family with him for EV 11. They were here for PJ 09.

Could be a shit ton of reasons. How old is the oldest now? She might be in school. Maybe jill was hosting mothers group that week and had already baked muffins. It's a long arse flight to have two young kids on, maybe Ed wouldn't spring for them to be in first class and Jill won't be seen dead in economy. All our natural disasters of late might have scared them and right now Jill and the kids are living in the underground bunker till the end of 2012(cause it was a really bad movie and I don't know how that John cusack keeps getting in movies). Maybe the wife and kids cramp eds style when he just wanted to come to Aus and hang with his surf buddies. Maybe inspired by the shithouse film "hall pass" jill gave Ed a hall pass thinking much like the 2 losers from the film he would have no chance of scoring cause he has been out of the game for so long. Should I go on? I have more.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
    if you have more i would like you to go on.
    E.K wrote:

Could be a shit ton of reasons. How old is the oldest now? She might be in school. Maybe jill was hosting mothers group that week and had already baked muffins. It's a long arse flight to have two young kids on, maybe Ed wouldn't spring for them to be in first class and Jill won't be seen dead in economy. All our natural disasters of late might have scared them and right now Jill and the kids are living in the underground bunker till the end of 2012(cause it was a really bad movie and I don't know how that John cusack keeps getting in movies). Maybe the wife and kids cramp eds style when he just wanted to come to Aus and hang with his surf buddies. Maybe inspired by the shithouse film "hall pass" jill gave Ed a hall pass thinking much like the 2 losers from the film he would have no chance of scoring cause he has been out of the game for so long. Should I go on? I have more.

Thanks Fishy, I feel better now. It has been killing me not knowing. :lol:

• morello wrote:
    I wasn't sure what he meant about the Foos concert "get everyone to do the promotion on it.", but whatever they have to do if it happens will be great!

Well usually when a concert is announced only one radio station promotes or sponsers it so I think what he means is do it how the Foos did and have ALL the radio stations promoting it. At the show this dude came out before the Foos and read out a list of sponsers which had heaps of radio stations on it and TV channels and stuff

morello wrote:
    I wasn't sure what he meant about the Foos concert "get everyone to do the promotion on it.", but whatever they have to do if it happens will be great!

Well usually when a concert is announced only one radio station promotes or sponsers it so I think what he means is do it how the Foos did and have ALL the radio stations promoting it. At the show this dude came out before the Foos and read out a list of sponsers which had heaps of radio stations on it and TV channels and stuff

Ah, ok. We'll see then eh? Cross fingers! :)
    <hr>
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    doompony wrote:
    if you have more i would like you to go on.

:lol::lol::lol:

i second this!
    wah
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    [quote="threefish10Maybe inspired by the shithouse film "hall pass" jill gave Ed a hall pass thinking much like the 2 losers from the film he would have no chance of scoring cause he has been out of the game for so long. Should I go on? I have more.[/quote]

I doubt Ed is out of the Game..........
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    morello wrote:

Fingers crossed."

I can't believe that. I wonder what the "right price" is? Considering Lady Antebellum can play at the Civic for $89 and there's three (?) of them, I wonder how much Ed would need to charge to play there. It'd still sell out if he charged $150 I guess?
    Jo wrote:
    I doubt Ed is out of the Game..........

Married people usually are, aren't they?

• vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    E.K wrote:

I thought, Kevin... errr, I mean Jill and co. were mistakenly left behind after over-sleeping in the attic the night before Eddie and the crew departed for Australia on the solo tour (A poor attempt at a head count in the tour bus before leaving was the cause).
    While they initially relished the time by themselves, they were later greeted by two would-be burglars. Jill and co. eventually managed to outwit them with a series of booby traps...
    vital5 wrote:
    E.K wrote:

I thought, Kevin... errr, I mean Jill and co. were mistakenly left behind after over-sleeping in the attic the night before Eddie and the crew departed for Australia on the solo tour (A poor attempt at a head count in the tour bus before leaving was the cause).
    While they initially relished the time by themselves, they were later greeted by two would-be burglars. Jill and co. eventually managed to outwit them with a series of booby traps...

Keep going .. :lol: