Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Sell some artwork....paint some people....earn some tour funds!!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    doompony wrote:
    sigh

Oh DP. :( Yeah, 2nd what Zig says!!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Sell some artwork....paint some people....earn some tour funds!!

quoting zig - but this comment is aimed at you doom - sell some copies of your comic - its epic!!!! i'd pay for a copy
    impatience is a gift ........
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    the one time i tried to sell a painting i got 3 bidders. all people i know. the person who "won" admitted the painting scared them and it ended up selling for around about what the materials cost.

so... never again i do believe.
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    I think we should start a Bring Doompony to Eddie Solo Shows in Oz Fund.
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

doompony wrote:
    the one time i tried to sell a painting i got 3 bidders. all people i know. the person who "won" admitted the painting scared them and it ended up selling for around about what the materials cost.

You know what? I feel like headbutting you right now. Seriously.
  • doompony wrote:

That is a fucking incredible defeatist attitude Monkey! You are a fantastic artist and your body of work is amazing....don't make me call you from Melbourne and show you what you're missing...I'll do it! I swear!

Don't make me do it!
    New Zealand,95 Auckland 1 & 2, 98 Auckland & Wellington,
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
    Auckland & Christchurch 2009
    Melbourne 1&2 EV Solo 2011
    doompony wrote:

That is a fucking incredible defeatist attitude Monkey! You are a fantastic artist and your body of work is amazing....don't make me call you from Melbourne and show you what you're missing...I'll do it! I swear!

Don't make me do it!

I was just at her house looking at all her artwork in the flesh....it's stunning!!

I also feel like headbutting that fucking teacher at Whiterea or whatever it's called....you know the one i'm talking about, pony! :x
    what did a teacher there do? apart from waste our time and money?

if you guys meet vedder just tell him he destroyed the soul of a fan. guilt guilt guilt. DESTROYED.
    doompony wrote:

Don't make me do it!

it's not defeatist when no one fucking wanted the damn painting. i wish i'd never bothered and just kept the bloody thing.
  • doompony wrote:
    doompony wrote:

Don't make me do it!

it's not defeatist when no one fucking wanted the damn painting. i wish i'd never bothered and just kept the bloody thing.
    BAH!
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
    baaaaaaaaaaa
    One painting.......ONE painting.

Munky munky munky......

Let's all look at the beautiful Mike painting she just did for me hanging in my comfy bedroom at pony's house:

Fucking awesome....

5203397997_660fa87d14_m.jpg
    I love that painting....I spent many nights staring at it wishing I could bring it home....I'll have it in a few months though.
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    E.K wrote:
    I think we should start a Bring Doompony to Eddie Solo Shows in Oz Fund.

Might be an idea. hmmmmm, there may be something creative could be done here
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    One painting.......ONE painting.

Munky munky munky......

Let's all look at the beautiful Mike painting she just did for me hanging in my comfy bedroom at pony's house:

Fucking awesome....

5203397997_660fa87d14_m.jpg

wow!!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
    Hey does anyone remember that Brazilian guy .. I think his name was Dan and it was back in about 2003. Apparently he'd never been to a Pearl Jam show before and didn't have the funds and started a thread here begging people to help him get to a show. There was a Paypal account for him and people contributed enough for him to get to a show.
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

Nope
  • :?:
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
    ok - i dont know if its a recurrent thing for anyone createve to doubt the work they produce - it seems to be, from the people i know and from my own perspective too i guess. self doubt. its what keeps you from decideing you are better than average joe standing over there ..... keeps you honest, keeps you level ..... keeps you doubting ... its good not to get too full of yourself. keeps you pushing.

but - it also fucks you over ....

doom - why do you paint/draw/create hhmmm??? to use up time?? to splash a bit of colour around?? to put ideas from your head out into space?? and is it for just you?? do you like what you see .....
    well, im guessing yes - because, even tho you seem to think the piccas suck, you still keep doing them. so you must like them, right??

so why else?? other people?? just for other people?? or to show people and get agreement?? well, those people arent being silent are they?? fuck me, no they are not! - look at the thread here in the pit. look at the following on facebook - look what happened when you said no more detective...

sweetie - if i seem harsh here, im not meaning to be. but zig is right, you need a clout in the head atm. you are talented - not ok, not ho hum - you create funny, inspiring and beautiful things. they make people laugh, and smile, and crave .... and ffs, when someone makes/draws/paints/writes anything, if they touch common ground with even a few people they have to feel good about it.

so pick yourself up - feel good - send out an email or two - scout for cheap printing - im betting more than a few people might be interested in owning something you've done at this point in time - this point .... not a while ago when something else happened ... now. because plenty of people like them. a bit more than a bit ;)
  • zenith wrote:
    ok - i dont know if its a recurrent thing for anyone createve to doubt the work they produce - it seems to be, from the people i know and from my own perspective too i guess. self doubt. its what keeps you from decideing you are better than average joe standing over there ..... keeps you honest, keeps you level ..... keeps you doubting ... its good not to get too full of yourself. keeps you pushing.

but - it also fucks you over ....

doom - why do you paint/draw/create hhmmm??? to use up time?? to splash a bit of colour around?? to put ideas from your head out into space?? and is it for just you?? do you like what you see .....
    well, im guessing yes - because, even tho you seem to think the piccas suck, you still keep doing them. so you must like them, right??

so why else?? other people?? just for other people?? or to show people and get agreement?? well, those people arent being silent are they?? fuck me, no they are not! - look at the thread here in the pit. look at the following on facebook - look what happened when you said no more detective...

sweetie - if i seem harsh here, im not meaning to be. but zig is right, you need a clout in the head atm. you are talented - not ok, not ho hum - you create funny, inspiring and beautiful things. they make people laugh, and smile, and crave .... and ffs, when someone makes/draws/paints/writes anything, if they touch common ground with even a few people they have to feel good about it.

so pick yourself up - feel good - send out an email or two - scout for cheap printing - im betting more than a few people might be interested in owning something you've done at this point in time - this point .... not a while ago when something else happened ... now. because plenty of people like them. a bit more than a bit ;)
    Couldn't have said it better myself......
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Nope

Ok .. well there must be some way we can get Lisa over here for a show.

Goodnight all.

I think doompony should do Newcastle if she comes over.....that's where all the Aussies will be....all the people she knows! Newcastle will ROCK!!!

And zenith, what you said is perfect....very fucking lovely indeed.
    well i hope so - i hope i put all my best mummsy wisdom into it ;)

but newie will be the place to be - full of 10clubbers, a fundraiser at the start of the afternoon - it will be like the unofficial 10c only show in this country, finally! ffs, newcastle last time round was simply amazing, and that was with, what .. 4000ish - this will be 1500 O_o

both the nz ferrals need to attend this show i think 8-)
  • zenith wrote:

but newie will be the place to be - full of 10clubbers, a fundraiser at the start of the afternoon - it will be like the unofficial 10c only show in this country, finally! ffs, newcastle last time round was simply amazing, and that was with, what .. 4000ish - this will be 1500 O_o

sorry..can't do working class towns....I'm a purely whit collar kind of guy....dated a girl from newcastle once....I've said too much already :silent:
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
    zenith wrote:

sorry..can't do working class towns....I'm a purely whit collar kind of guy....dated a girl from newcastle once....I've said too much already :silent:

AHA!! Canberra then!!!! :D
  • zenith wrote:
    zenith wrote:

AHA!! Canberra then!!!! :D
    Melbourne I'm afraid....Been to Canberra before....that will do for a lifetime....No...I never did bed a girl from Canberra....
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
    zenith wrote:

Oh really!! Tell us more! 8-)
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    zenith wrote:

Oh really!! Tell us more! 8-)
    Another time...another time :D
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
    Another time...another time :D

I'll get all the juicy details out of you on tour! 8-)