Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    I ordered the Live at the Showbox DVD on 26th November and when I got home yesterday it had already arrived in the mail.

:shock: :o:)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    I saw on one of our music channels.. a video for Got Some. It was from Philly (they were still wearing remnants of the Devo costumes) but.. am I missing something? Did they release a vid for Got Some? It looked like a pro-shot... but.. I don't recall seeing it ever before.
  • doompony wrote:
    I saw on one of our music channels.. a video for Got Some. It was from Philly (they were still wearing remnants of the Devo costumes) but.. am I missing something? Did they release a vid for Got Some? It looked like a pro-shot... but.. I don't recall seeing it ever before.

there was a thread about this in the main forum a few weeks ago. Someone else saw it on Juice TV twice and wondered the same thing. We never figured out what the footage is. But heres the thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=145952
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
    pointless observation of the night,

on live at the apollo, ed byrne was on and was wearing a yield tshirt. so. loving that.
  • doompony wrote:
    pointless observation of the night,

on live at the apollo, ed byrne was on and was wearing a yield tshirt. so. loving that.

I watched that and I didnt even notice :shock:
    Although I was still hyped up from seeing Them Crooked Vultures on SNL. John Paul grooving, Josh Homme and his gingery coolness and Dave, hair flying.. drumming like a madman.. good times
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • PKNZPKNZ Posts: 76
    Perth concert... nothing for NZ.
    PKNZ wrote:
    Perth concert... nothing for NZ.

Keep trying. You never know.
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn-tgahwHVo

Bahahaha!

Sorry Ed, but I'm still not buying it. :P

• Hahahah was that really him?? I just bought it. I need to get a real job so that I can free Pearl Jam records from their sleeves and the hands of dirty collectors, and then spin spin... :mrgreen:
    If it doesn't get dirt, grease or blood under your nails, it's not a hobby.
    I'm starting to wonder whether Eddie's Brisbane shows will be going ahead now. QPAC in Brisbane is looking like being underwater before the week is over and if it does happen I'm guessing it would take them months to fix the damage. :?

yeah, but i'd like to think he'd postpone those shows.. surely he wouldn't flat out cancel them. i'm sure he'd be more than happy to have to visit queensland again.
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    doompony wrote:
    yeah, but i'd like to think he'd postpone those shows.. surely he wouldn't flat out cancel them. i'm sure he'd be more than happy to have to visit queensland again.

venue change maybe?
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
    doompony wrote:

venue change maybe?

I hope so. I would hate to see Brisbane miss out. Maybe somewhere on the Gold Coast? Eddie thinks Brisbane and the Gold Coast are the same place anyway. :)

(Sorry for repeating myself in the other threads).

doompony wrote:

venue change maybe?

yeah that too.. but i was thinking more along the lines of what would happen if they couldn't rebook anywhere else suitable because there wasn't anywhere else available.

unless one of you guys opens up your home? pop ed on the lazyboy with a guitar and gather all the fans in the living room.
    doompony wrote:
    doompony wrote:

venue change maybe?

yeah that too.. but i was thinking more along the lines of what would happen if they couldn't rebook anywhere else suitable because there wasn't anywhere else available.

unless one of you guys opens up your home? pop ed on the lazyboy with a guitar and gather all the fans in the living room.

Hmmm.. I'm on an acre of land in Northern NSW (close to Qld) with a huuugee backyard. I could set up a marquee or something. There are great surfing beaches nearby too. ;)

I hope Aus_Suz is ok.

I heard there are floods down in Tassie and I haven't seen her here or on Facebook for a few days. :?

• aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    E.K wrote:
    doompony wrote:

venue change maybe?

I hope so. I would hate to see Brisbane miss out. Maybe somewhere on the Gold Coast? Eddie thinks Brisbane and the Gold Coast are the same place anyway. :)

(Sorry for repeating myself in the other threads).

They arent?
    aus_suz wrote:
    They arent?

Nope. Gold Coast is classed as a city on it's own. 8-)

Anyway it sounds like QPAC (the Brisbane venue) is going to be ok. Apparently they only had some minor flooding down in the lower areas. 52 days to go! :)

• vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    QPAC is closed till the end of the week. No damage to the concert hall.
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    QPAC is closed till the end of the week. No damage to the concert hall.

Yes I saw that on their FB page.. I was getting a bit worried for a while there.

Hello?

42 days until the EV Solo Tour starts :)

• morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    E.K wrote:
    Hello?

Hello. :)
    YAY! Almost 6 weeks until my 1st solo EV show!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just over 6 weeks till I see Eddie!!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    morello wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    Hello?

Hello. :)
    YAY! Almost 6 weeks until my 1st solo EV show!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just over 6 weeks till I see Eddie!!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

40 8-)

So, Tim Robbins & his Rogues Gallery Band playing in Akl on April 30th. Hmmmm.... Now he is Ed's bestie but guess I should check some of their stuff out 1st eh? Anyone know what they're like?

e.t.a. Hmmm, NZ$70! Maybe not. All my cash going to the Oz tour atm.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    morello wrote:
    So, Tim Robbins & his Rogues Gallery Band playing in Akl on April 30th. Hmmmm.... Now he is Ed's bestie but guess I should check some of their stuff out 1st eh? Anyone know what they're like?

e.t.a. Hmmm, NZ$70! Maybe not. All my cash going to the Oz tour atm.

Tim Robbins and his band are also playing at Byron Bay Bluesfest on the 23rd April. I have no idea what they're like.. have you tried YouTube?

Nah, I haven't looked for stuff at all yet. Gotta do that. Jeez, just the thought of seeing Ed's bestie..... Will have to check it out asap.
    <hr>
    i predict they would be shit. like every other celebrity band ever.

dogstar, phantom planet, 30 seconds to mars, 30 odd foot of shit, Scar Jo's tom waits cover album, the return of bruno..... and so on.

• vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486

dogstar, phantom planet, 30 seconds to mars, 30 odd foot of shit, Scar Jo's tom waits cover album, the return of bruno..... and so on.
    Bacon brothers... David Hasslehoff? wtf?
    vital5 wrote:

Bacon brothers... David Hasslehoff? wtf?

The bacon brothers are the one exception to the rule. And the hoff is a god in Germany.