Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• no anouncement yet.

BUGGER!

more time to wait

lalalala

well ATLEAST my internets fixed finally, its been crap for a month so if something good is announced I would actually be able to get tickets!
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    DO we really think it is Australian tour of some description?

I mean, they were here last year, it would almost be inconceivable that Pj/ Ed would tour here 12 months later....

I will put a few pros here as to why they might though

Obviously summer here, Ed loves it here and wouldnt tour in the winter elsewhere right?

And didn't they say at Auckland or Christchurch that they would be back really soon....

i'm just not all that confident. It is too good to be true, but I really really hope we do get a tour.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • pjfan31 wrote:

I mean, they were here last year, it would almost be inconceivable that Pj/ Ed would tour here 12 months later....

Obviously summer here, Ed loves it here and wouldnt tour in the winter elsewhere right?

And didn't they say at Auckland or Christchurch that they would be back really soon....

i'm just not all that confident. It is too good to be true, but I really really hope we do get a tour.

I dont know to be honest. I'm new so I dont really know how things work I'm just hoping what most people are guessing is true. And i'm desperate for a concert to go to

Yes, It is summer and we have some great surf beaches in NZ! One of them is near where I live hehe.

They did say that if I remember rightly! I hoped it would be true!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    they didn't say it in auckland. may have done in chch but that has no meaning anyway. ed said to us in wellington in 1998 "see you soon, i guess". if by soon he means 11.5 years. or in wellington's case, 12.5 and counting...
  • yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    In light of this apparent tour, I am going to make more of an effort to post in this thread...

Not just because I'm biased with the OP ;) :oops: but also because we havent got LW back (YET!), I think it would be cool to get the old gang back together in a "bullshit" thread :)

And because we have "bullshit" to talk about, hopefully we can crank this baby up to a million pages once more :D

So, hello again!
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    pjfan31 wrote:

Ill bet my balls on it hows that!!

In fact Ill go one step further and give up beer

Its an Oz tour
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Been that long I forgot me friggin password
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    doompony wrote:
    they didn't say it in auckland. may have done in chch but that has no meaning anyway. ed said to us in wellington in 1998 "see you soon, i guess". if by soon he means 11.5 years. or in wellington's case, 12.5 and counting...

paraphrase
    'see you next time. one year, two years not eleven'
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    DonJon wrote:
    Ill bet my balls on it hows that!!

:shock:

How much?

:lol:
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

pjfan31 wrote:
    doompony wrote:

paraphrase
    'see you next time. one year, two years not eleven'

musta been chch.

i take that as a victory

EDDIIIIE!!!!! we love into the wild down here you know. would LOVE to hear it live. gosh. that'd be just fabulous.
  • EDDIE

CAN YOU HEAR US???

:?:

Come back to New Zealand

I even put on my Pearl Jam shirt, just to put out the vibe

tomorrow we will know?

maybeeeee

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    pjfan31 wrote:

Someone I know knows someone who knows EV.....trust me.....it's an Australian EV tour.....without a doubt. Not sure on NZ. Definitely Australia though. And I know that sounds like the usual shit that is said, but I have 100% confidence in this person.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Someone I know knows someone who knows EV.....trust me.....it's an Australian EV tour.....without a doubt. Not sure on NZ. Definitely Australia though. And I know that sounds like the usual shit that is said, but I have 100% confidence in this person.

Me too.

:)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

DonJon wrote:
    Been that long I forgot me friggin password

Ohhhh it's DonJon!!! :clap: Will I get to meet your lovely lady?? 8-)
    fucking oath. can you imagine how happy i would be? a wellington show? i'd be so happy.

happy.

ed. my happiness is your hands.
  • i heard balls and i came a-runnin-eeeh... said in Caleb voice

and what Ziggy said DonJon!!!
    wah
    doompony wrote:
    ed. my happiness is your hands.

Ed's hands?

Where?

:P :)

fah-reudian slip.
  • topaztopaz Posts: 301
    i'll just throw in my two cents by agreeing (based on non-factual feelings-in-my-bones) with Ziggy and everyone that Aus must be a shoe in, and the more I think about that bluesfest the more sense it makes (I'm a regular fucking sherlock holmes when it comes to Ed/PJ/tour/festivals at the moment) so many legends in one place, plus I think ben harper is the red herring hmmmm 8-) (see i even got the sherlock jargon goin on)

and that is my official 11pm 2cents.

here's hoping tomorrow unfolds full of announcements. kiwi announcements (the aussie ones just go without sayin now)

fingers crossed!!
    nz shows would go a long way in healing those wounds caused by an 11.5 years absence.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    pjfan31 wrote:

On a score out from 1 to 10, how silly will you feel if this is proved untrue?

I so hope you are right. My credit card sure as fuck doesn't but I do
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    pjfan31 wrote:

On a score out from 1 to 10, how silly will you feel if this is proved untrue?

I so hope you are right. My credit card sure as fuck doesn't but I do

I won't need to feel silly.
  • doompony wrote:
    nz shows would go a long way in healing those wounds caused by an 11.5 years absence.

yes. It may heal the pain.

I cant truthfully say those 11.5 years were painful though, seeing as I've only been into Pearl Jam for a year :roll: so I'm speaking on behalf of fellow Kiwis

But, being only a fan for a year, I have heaps of catching up to do! Solo Ed would help me on my way!!

• zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    quick drop in before work - and yea, i hear you all about remembering passwords!

geez louise .... its no wonder americans have so many self help therapy annalysis shows/centres/do-it-yourself mailout kits

see you all at the shows ;)
    impatience is a gift ........
    maybe the solo show will be mr snuggleton, a tiny guitar, a pair of bongos and mike mccready?
  • NossieNossie Posts: 1,039
    it's flipping wednesday night... these people know how strung out we're all getting over this right?!

Just give us the details and we'll back away, nice and slowly... (but then the countdown begins & that's a whole different set of rules...)

:D8-)
    When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do...

Pearl Jam - Adelaide: 1995, 1998, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo - Adelaide: 27th & 28th March 2011, Melbourne 16th 2014
    So sad about the NZ miners. :(

yeah. everything seems really really quiet outside. i think the whole country was silently watching the news unfolding. heartbreaking. all the journalists covering it were in tears. the prime minister gave an address. very very sad day for nz and especially the west coast.
  • I'm watching the music channel and 'The Fixer' came on. I got up and danced, touching the Tv and going 'EDDDDIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE You are god! come back to New Zealand' hehehe
    my dad was laughing at me :lol:

And yeah, it is really sad about the NZ miners :cry: such a tragedy

doompony wrote:
    yeah. everything seems really really quiet outside. i think the whole country was silently watching the news unfolding. heartbreaking. all the journalists covering it were in tears. the prime minister gave an address. very very sad day for nz and especially the west coast.

:( So sad.