Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    yes it's true that kiwis don't tweet. they kick. can we have a kick kick kick announcement perhaps??
    Nossie wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    i'm guessing we won't get shows here since they leave us out all the time. i can't afford to go to aussie so this makes me a little sad in the eyes

Mortgage the house - priorities woman!! :D

my house is already mortgaged up as high as i can afford!
    bazzer wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    hardout. i can think of half a dozen perfect venues for him in wellington alone.

st james
    michael fowler centre
    town hall
    paramount
    embassy
    the opera house
    san fran bath house

my backyard.

auckland would have more.. powerstation just off the top of my head.
    Powerstation? As if! He should play the civic, much grander! All seated, which sounds like what he's done for his other tours. Man, I'm talking as if it's a done deal. I can't imagine what else it is...

p.s. can I crash at your mortgage house if he plays Wellington? I'll be bringing a sleeping bag, an inflatable mattress and my wife :)

powerstation aint that bad. i saw cat power there and, while it's no great beauty, it's a reasonable enough venue. though i'm guessing he likes seating.

pretty sure the st james aint there anymore eh? didn't it crumble? which is a shame because that was a bloody gorgeous building.

never been to the civic myself, but i hear that's being renovated too.

and aint no way ed would play vector.
  • I dont really mind where he plays, If he comes here I will be so happy!

If he plays auckland that is
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
    i'll be happier if he played wellington, but if it means he'll play in nz, i'll take an auckland show.

but wellington would be better....
  • doompony wrote:
    i'll be happier if he played wellington, but if it means he'll play in nz, i'll take an auckland show.

but wellington would be better....

Both would be good!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • topaztopaz Posts: 301
    Is it monday yet?! AND who's monday am i waiting for...don't tell me it'll be more like our tuesday....

how bout now? now? or...now. what about now? :|

here's my prediction of our reaction to a NZ tour, 3 stops: :P :P :P :P :P :P

there is no smilie for our reaction if the tweet is aus only

i can think of some pretty good adjectives tho....

ok, is it monday now??

sigh
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    topaz wrote:
    Is it monday yet?! AND who's monday am i waiting for...don't tell me it'll be more like our tuesday....

how bout now? now? or...now. what about now? :|

here's my prediction of our reaction to a NZ tour, 3 stops: :P :P :P :P :P :P

there is no smilie for our reaction if the tweet is aus only

i can think of some pretty good adjectives tho....

ok, is it monday now??

sigh

I know you said not to tell you but it will be more like Tuesday Aus/NZ time. Three more days. :)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• Three days!! Thats too long!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF, its true and theres a new zealand show, It will make my birthday (next friday) alot better.

threeeeee days maybe longer....
  • When it is announced, will we get an email or something? I'm new so I dont know how it all works

depends... sometimes i don't get the 10C emails at all.

just keep checkin' the site. as soon as anything is announced they'll be talkin about it on the pit
  • NossieNossie Posts: 1,039
    doompony wrote:
    depends... sometimes i don't get the 10C emails at all.

just keep checkin' the site. as soon as anything is announced they'll be talkin about it on the pit

Yeah same here DP... BUT, i figure with all the buzz around at the moment, as soon as something else is released, we'll know about it within a matter of hours of it getting out there! haha
    When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do...

Pearl Jam - Adelaide: 1995, 1998, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo - Adelaide: 27th & 28th March 2011, Melbourne 16th 2014
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Nossie wrote:
    we'll know about it within a matter of minutes of it getting out there! haha

Fixed.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Well I'm checking here every few hours so I'm sure I'll see it
    Whenever it is announced I will probably cry from either happiness OR sadness

Nossie wrote:
    we'll know about it within a matter of minutes of it getting out there! haha

Fixed.

ah ha! Too true... thanks Fishy... 8-)

• where have the rumours been coming from?
    "Too weird to live, too rare to die" Hunter S. Thompson
    Vogstar90 wrote:
    where have the rumours been coming from?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=144006

• two days...

hurry up

damn.. just realized I will be out the day its announced. I wont be able to focus all day

two days...

hurry up

damn.. just realized I will be out the day its announced. I wont be able to focus all day

Got a cellphone? If you want, PM me your number, and I'll text ya as soon as anything happens
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    doompony wrote:
    powerstation aint that bad. i saw cat power there and, while it's no great beauty, it's a reasonable enough venue. though i'm guessing he likes seating.

pretty sure the st james aint there anymore eh? didn't it crumble? which is a shame because that was a bloody gorgeous building.

Powerstation is a great venue, but I just don't think it would suit Ed's solo stuff (from what I saw of his earlier tours).

St James is still there, but it got burnt out and noone wants to pay to fix it up. They're talking about it though, fingers crossed.

The Civic has been renovated and it's beautiful!

Agree on Vector. He could play there, but he wouldn't.
    so it's settled. ed will come to wellington as we're better equipped :)

he can surf in lyall bay if he wants. there's always a smattering of surfers there.

you can all stay with me. ed can sleep on the couch.
    bazzer wrote:
    doompony wrote:

Powerstation is a great venue, but I just don't think it would suit Ed's solo stuff (from what I saw of his earlier tours).

St James is still there, but it got burnt out and noone wants to pay to fix it up. They're talking about it though, fingers crossed.

The Civic has been renovated and it's beautiful!

Agree on Vector. He could play there, but he wouldn't.

Are you guys talking to a different powerstation than me?? I think it's a bit of a rats venue actually, but perhaps that's due to the fact that I'm short and unless I'm up the top at the very front, I can't see anything except the backs of those in front of me. sound wise it's fine, but crap visibilty of stage plus it's resemblance to a deep dark black cave don't do it any favours in my books. I don't think it would be the best venue for ed. I stand by my call for the town hall, fully seated, for ed. a beautiful venue.
    or, bazzer yes, the civic is also beautiful and would be awesome
    oh god i wouldn't know. only been to the powerstation twice.. front row both times. so the visibility and sound was fine and dandy for me :) plus i was there seeing the pixies and cat power so it has good memories for me
    the powerstation isn't pretty enough though you're right. never been to the town hall in aucks. the town hall in wellington however........

zig and i have scoped out welli venues. pictures to come.
  • topaz wrote:
    two days...

hurry up

Got a cellphone? If you want, PM me your number, and I'll text ya as soon as anything happens

aw thanks but I'll just try to find out myself, I'm a volunteer at Riding For The Disabled and thats where I'll be probably when its announced, I dont think i'd be able to cope if i got a text in the middle of it saying that Eddie is coming here. I'd totally lose the plot, not good while leading kids on horses. Thanks though :D

doompony wrote:
    so it's settled. ed will come to wellington as we're better equipped :)

he can surf in lyall bay if he wants. there's always a smattering of surfers there.

you can all stay with me. ed can sleep on the couch.

hahaha, we could all just come to your house and he could play an show just for us. At your house.

i like the way you think. i like it lots.
    aw thanks but I'll just try to find out myself, I'm a volunteer at Riding For The Disabled and thats where I'll be probably when its announced, I dont think i'd be able to cope if i got a text in the middle of it saying that Eddie is coming here. I'd totally lose the plot, not good while leading kids on horses. Thanks though :D

ha ha yea i hear you. all good, let the waiting resume then....tick, tock.
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    topaz wrote:
    Are you guys talking to a different powerstation than me?? I think it's a bit of a rats venue actually, but perhaps that's due to the fact that I'm short and unless I'm up the top at the very front, I can't see anything except the backs of those in front of me. sound wise it's fine, but crap visibilty of stage plus it's resemblance to a deep dark black cave don't do it any favours in my books. I don't think it would be the best venue for ed. I stand by my call for the town hall, fully seated, for ed. a beautiful venue.
    Sounds like the right powerstation! :lol: Completely wrong for Ed, but great for plenty of others. For me I guess it's the memories of many great shows.

The problem with the town hall is all the seats up top face inwards rather than towards the stage. At the civic, all seats face the front. Perfect! And did I mention it's beautiful? And the big cats have glowing eyes!