Options

I need to Vent.....

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I'm gonna have DS and 81 start up the pit in milwakee so plz play Push Me Pull Me! Or STBC. Thanks =))
  • Options
    ham_on_ryeham_on_rye Indiana Dunes Posts: 205
    hedonist said:

JH6056 said:

Do you guys read or listen to the news AT ALL, or do you only listen long enough to hear what you want to hear? Do any of you understand that the hospital both nurses were working in basically screwed up their protocol? Do you understand that the timeline of what she felt when is being reported in a million different ways and you're passing judgement on what she felt/knew and when, without any actual basis for being sure that the one story you heard is the one that is "right"?

These nurses are putting their lives on the line to treat these patients and being told (especially at this particular Dallas hospital) all these different things about the safety protocols they're supposed to be using. Not one single person has accused either nurse of actually not following protocol - the question is whether the hospital was reporting the right protocols and whether the equipment they gave the nurses matched the protocols they were requiring. If she believed (which she had no reason not to) that she'd followed protocol, she would not be assuming she was putting "hudnreds of thousands of people" in harms way.

I'm sure we'll find out more about what she did and didn't know and feel as time goes on. But none of you have concrete info (because it's still being gathered) on whether she knowingly put others at risk. And you should keep your judgement, aggravation, and fury to yourselves until you are sure you're judging fairly. I have too many family members in the medical field and can't believe how the public expects them to care for everyone, follow orders, but then jumps to judgement when at least on it's face this nurse at least sought information and advice on what to do. But no, you're still mad at her because you're sure she knew better and "heard what she wanted to hear from the CDC". Really? Wow. Just wow. Must be good to have such clear cut, no-grey-area lives where you are always always always clear on what should be done and above any kind of negative judgement. Guessing none of you are nurses or doctors in any county hospitals or emergency rooms where you truly see and encounter every single sort of "condition" and have to handle it as best you can.

Talk about judgmental! Top of the morning to you too.

(potentially-amusing sidenote: your persistent "do you understand" reminded me of Francis Dolarhyde. DO YOU SEE?)
    Ride with me, for my pleasure.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,762
    I'm getting my first Colonoscopy later this year. Please play... "Inside Job"? X_X
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,836

Good thing there is only a few days left for song requests. Next up will be the "please play in the nearest city because I only care about myself" threads.

In the mean time, please play GO because I have to drop a major deuce!

"Worried my toilet may get plugged....Please play Around the Bend"
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    brianlux said:

I'm getting my first Colonoscopy later this year. Please play... "Inside Job"? X_X

Hahahahahaha =)) This "shit" gets better by the minute! =))
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited October 2014
    I was just driving and got cut off. *****Please play the yield album in its entirety******

Ps- how fucking cool would that be?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,631
    brianlux said:

X_X :))
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Shit (no pun intended), how long before I can erase this visual of brianlux getting a colonoscopy when I hear Inside Job now?

A great song now tarnished....
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited October 2014

I was just driving and got cut off. *****Please play the yield album in its entirety******

Ps- how fucking cool would that be?

Never know. They are playing no code in order right fucking now.
  • Options

brianlux said:

Shit (no pun intended), how long before I can erase this visual of brianlux getting a colonoscopy when I hear Inside Job now?

A great song now tarnished....
    Doh! I massively apologize! Here's a little something to clean the auditory palate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHheU9q9DMY

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    i swear it seems like this post was made the amount of request threads has doubled...i guess nobody has shame on an internet forum
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options

i swear it seems like this post was made the amount of request threads has doubled...i guess nobody has shame on an internet forum

I have to agree with you there. They're popping up like no tomorrow. I saw someone say it's time for them to bring their kid to the show cuz of the bed girl request thread. Unreal
  • Options

Although I just counted it's down to ONLY 11 on page 1 porch. Lol, unreal. A new one just popped up for a Ramones song in Denver, why? Because it's their 24 fucken anniversary, 24!?!?! So now we're celebrating 24 not 25, 30, or 50, but 24 hahahaha. Wow
  • Options
    Other than certain scenarios, like the Breath campaign in 1998, which was a communal request of one song, I think the song request thing has gotten a little silly. Everyone has shit they deal with and a song that helps them cope, but that should mean you hope that the band plays it, not attempt to dictate that they play it. And in the event they don't play it, keep going to shows until they do; next thing you know, your show count goes through the roof. It's a win-win!
    "You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."- Abraham Lincoln
  • Options

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this but need to get some stuff out. Please dont rip me a new one too hard..

First, can we stop asking for songs on here for a dead relative or a stroke victim or cause some horribly tragic happened to you or someone you know. Its friggin morbid and depressing. Cant someone here request a song cause they just got a new job or their mother BEAT cancer? How about you just had the best sex of your life, can i request "Animal"? I feel bad for people who have suffered on here with tragedies and loss and i understand how music can help but can we stop trying to one up people on here with who has had the worst stuff happened to them. Request a song cause something good has happened, something positive.

Second, why the hell would that nurse in Dallas get on a god damn plane if she was supposed to be monitored daily for Ebola? i dont understand how stupid some of these people are being. Now she has put a whole plane and numerous people in danger. i hope we are all over reacting but cant people use their god damn heads? Hey CDC, what the hell are you doing? I give great thanks to these health care workers but use your god damn heads. You signed up to be a nurse or dr or whatever. Stupidity is what will ruin this country and cause a deadly virus to spread. (too much?)

Third and last, does it seem Eddie is sick alot when they are touring? Ed, wash your hands more. Maybe PJ should stick to touring in the summer during non cold , flu season? It doesnt seem like the other guys are ever sick but then again they arent singing. Eddie, take a vitamin.

Ok, thats all i got. Let the rude comments start. Sorry about the spelling. Im drunk.

Serenity Now!
  • Options
    I just broke a two week alcohol free spell to speed up my flu bug recovery by having a glass of red wine. Pearl Jam, can you please play" Red, Red Wine"?

Oh, and during that time I also had no coffee. I recently read something on the internet that said, "Bronson Arroyo's conversation with Steve Berthiaume turns to Bronson's interest in music, and specificially Pearl Jam, in this preview of FOX Sports Arizona latest Cup of Coffee show, which premiers on Sunday, June 15." Pearl Jam, would you make up a song about Bronson Arroyo, Fox news and coffee and play it? Please?

:P

• Options
    edited October 2014
    ANOTHER fucken "request" thread popped up AGAIN! What a FUCKEN surprise! Jesus Christ. Do these people read anything other then the request threads? And I'm gonna say cuz I know A LOT of YOU are thinking and have said it to me, it's a bunch of new members. Just look at the amount of posts these request posters have. It's like a new thing. Def NOT something a lot of people here are used to. It's getting OLD. I know I know, "we're" the ones getting old. Save it. Shits old and enough already. People follow the set list thread and hear a request playing, get a boner, and come make ANOTHER fucken request thread. 2 more shows and finally, NO MORE REQUESTS. Maybe vedder should write a song called NO MORE REQUESTS.
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    Old? Fuck that. I'm 63. That's young. Hahaha!

No, I get it bb. It's like Stone reads these request and goes, "Yeah, man, I'd better talk to Ed and make sure we play that song for that guy." It's almost funny- but not really because so much of the porch is wasted space with these requests. This is not AM radio. The D.J. is not on the phone kids. Jeez- it's enough to make you want to yodel or something!

• Options
    brianlux said:

No, I get it bb. It's like Stone reads these request and goes, "Yeah, man, I'd better talk to Ed and make sure we play that song for that guy." It's almost funny- but not really because so much of the porch is wasted space with these requests. This is not AM radio. The D.J. is not on the phone kids. Jeez- it's enough to make you want to yodel or something!

Dude, I saw someone post that it was time for "him to bring his kid" because that lady got bee girl for her kid. Really?
  • Options
    badbrains said:

brianlux said:

Dude, I saw someone post that it was time for "him to bring his kid" because that lady got bee girl for her kid. Really?
    Ya, like, lets all throw a party for the kid, huh? image

• Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    I don't know if it's new members who are starting the request threads, but I've received PM's from people asking for me to please read their story and bump their thread. Being a member for about 6-7 months, I didn't know what was the appropriate thing to do. If you ignore the person then you feel like a douche. Most times I'd never 'spoken' to the person before and wasn't going to the show but saw they were getting support so if I didn't bump I felt like a douche. But after getting PM'ed numerous times, I just stopped feeling obligated to people and causes that I didn't know (unlike being directed to the Hannah Strong effort which was suggested in my first week and I'm grateful for getting to 'meet people' and show support for fellow fans who weren't asking for anything on their own.)

Sometimes us new people just don't know how things work and it's a learning experience.Once the requests got out of hand, I stopped feeling obligated and avoided them, esp. due to PM's which made me feel like I was dealing with high school peer pressure.

I think that this is one of the best threads I've read on here. Just know that all of us who weren't able to or lucky enough to join 10C when it started aren't all one uniform type person and if I'm here it's because I share a love for the band, their music and their activism. Like or dislike or be indifferent to each member (new or old or in between) on their own merits (or their number of colds since September :-\") instead of lumping 'new members' together and dismissing us or assigning all annoying forum actions to us. We're feeling our way around and are just like you when you first joined. Doesn't make all of us 'bad' fans or 'bad' forum members; everyone was new once.

Just some 'stuff and nonsense' from a newbie. Not expecting to have people 'throw their arms around me' nor put me 'down'; it may be 'hard to imagine' but 'all those yesterdays' are my 'present tense'. :)>-
  • Options
    Just got caught up - thanks to all of you funny F*K's for starting my Monday off with a bang!

- I am on board with a Category for request threads (and PMing strangers to bump your request thread is kind of weird)

- CDC has totally F*D this up (Plane's, Cruise Ships - Are you serious???). Thank goodness its not an airborne disease, or we would all be screwed.

- I will never look at a bathroom door handle the same way ever again...

Now if you will excuse me I have to go wash my nads, err, hands, because they were touching my keyboard.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,851
    Please play Green Disease in Milwaukee tonight - I've just caught Ebola.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    njnancy said:

I don't know if it's new members who are starting the request threads, but I've received PM's from people asking for me to please read their story and bump their thread. Being a member for about 6-7 months, I didn't know what was the appropriate thing to do. If you ignore the person then you feel like a douche. Most times I'd never 'spoken' to the person before and wasn't going to the show but saw they were getting support so if I didn't bump I felt like a douche. But after getting PM'ed numerous times, I just stopped feeling obligated to people and causes that I didn't know (unlike being directed to the Hannah Strong effort which was suggested in my first week and I'm grateful for getting to 'meet people' and show support for fellow fans who weren't asking for anything on their own.)

Sometimes us new people just don't know how things work and it's a learning experience.Once the requests got out of hand, I stopped feeling obligated and avoided them, esp. due to PM's which made me feel like I was dealing with high school peer pressure.

I think that this is one of the best threads I've read on here. Just know that all of us who weren't able to or lucky enough to join 10C when it started aren't all one uniform type person and if I'm here it's because I share a love for the band, their music and their activism. Like or dislike or be indifferent to each member (new or old or in between) on their own merits (or their number of colds since September :-\") instead of lumping 'new members' together and dismissing us or assigning all annoying forum actions to us. We're feeling our way around and are just like you when you first joined. Doesn't make all of us 'bad' fans or 'bad' forum members; everyone was new once.

Just some 'stuff and nonsense' from a newbie. Not expecting to have people 'throw their arms around me' nor put me 'down'; it may be 'hard to imagine' but 'all those yesterdays' are my 'present tense'. :)>-

I don't consider you a "newbie". I'm talking about the "newbies" who have less then 100 posts but seem to ONLY post for requests or whatever. Now this pm thing is a WHOLE OTHER thing I've just heard about now. Pming people to bump song requests, that's fucken LAME. Yes, LAME. That is def a NEWBIE thing no doubt. But Nancy, I'll be honest with you. you see thread after thread about song requests and then threads lambasting these threads, and then these people don't give a shit and start ANOTHER thread. Really? Do these people read ANY OTHER threads then the lame ass ones they're bumping every hr on the hr?

And wether you like it or not, this is a NEWBIE thing. And sorry, but it's hard not to lump all newbies in together when pretty much it's newbies starting these lame ass threads. I don't see ANYONE who's been here for a while starting these threads. How these people read that the forum is getting lame with all these threads and continue to make these lame ass requests blows my mind. No shame, no care, who the fuck cares right? Well have enough of us "old timers" leave this forum and watch how super LAME it gets. Well, pretty much is now. My 2 cents.

Edit-still CANT believe people are asking people to bump their threads. No fucken shame, yup, newbie problems.
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Can I also add to the list for people to stop naming their children after band members, or band members children for that matter? Jesus that is fucking creepy.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    jervin007 said:

Can I also add to the list for people to stop naming their children after band members, or band members children for that matter? Jesus that is fucking creepy.

100% creepy
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,851
    brianlux said:

Around the Bend?
    Deep?
    Last Exit?
    I'm Open?
    Push Me, Pull Me?
    Sleight of Hand?
    Parting Ways?
    Thumbing my Way?
    1/2 Full?
    Blood?

Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    edited October 2014

brianlux said:

Around the Bend?
    Deep?
    Last Exit?
    I'm Open?
    Push Me, Pull Me?
    Sleight of Hand?
    Parting Ways?
    Thumbing my Way?
    1/2 Full?
    Blood?

Oh shit! Hahahahaha that's a good one!

Edit-I know it's not vedders but how about Don't Be Shy? Hahaha
  • Options

brianlux said:

Around the Bend?
    Deep?
    Last Exit?
    I'm Open?
    Push Me, Pull Me?
    Sleight of Hand?
    Parting Ways?
    Thumbing my Way?
    1/2 Full?
    Blood?

=))
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    badbrains said:

jervin007 said:

100% creepy
    Agreed. 100% creepy. Equally creepy is the pm-ing other members to bump their thread. Hadn't heard of that before I read njnancy's post. That's just wrong.
    ELITIST FUK
This discussion has been closed.