Options

I need to Vent.....

Comments

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    Everyone knows that the CDC got blown up in Walking Dead Season 1.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    And you'll never get a sub-forum for the requests because then there'd be an admittance the requests are being given a second thought. Suck it up and skip the threads or hope they stop being started.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    JH6056 said:

Do you guys read or listen to the news AT ALL, or do you only listen long enough to hear what you want to hear? Do any of you understand that the hospital both nurses were working in basically screwed up their protocol? Do you understand that the timeline of what she felt when is being reported in a million different ways and you're passing judgement on what she felt/knew and when, without any actual basis for being sure that the one story you heard is the one that is "right"?

These nurses are putting their lives on the line to treat these patients and being told (especially at this particular Dallas hospital) all these different things about the safety protocols they're supposed to be using. Not one single person has accused either nurse of actually not following protocol - the question is whether the hospital was reporting the right protocols and whether the equipment they gave the nurses matched the protocols they were requiring. If she believed (which she had no reason not to) that she'd followed protocol, she would not be assuming she was putting "hudnreds of thousands of people" in harms way.

I'm sure we'll find out more about what she did and didn't know and feel as time goes on. But none of you have concrete info (because it's still being gathered) on whether she knowingly put others at risk. And you should keep your judgement, aggravation, and fury to yourselves until you are sure you're judging fairly. I have too many family members in the medical field and can't believe how the public expects them to care for everyone, follow orders, but then jumps to judgement when at least on it's face this nurse at least sought information and advice on what to do. But no, you're still mad at her because you're sure she knew better and "heard what she wanted to hear from the CDC". Really? Wow. Just wow. Must be good to have such clear cut, no-grey-area lives where you are always always always clear on what should be done and above any kind of negative judgement. Guessing none of you are nurses or doctors in any county hospitals or emergency rooms where you truly see and encounter every single sort of "condition" and have to handle it as best you can.

Talk about judgmental! Top of the morning to you too.

(potentially-amusing sidenote: your persistent "do you understand" reminded me of Francis Dolarhyde. DO YOU SEE?)
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    JH6056 said:

That nurse is to blame. She knew she was in contact and she knew the symptoms. Good for her for calling the cdc, but as soon as that fever hit, she should have walked off that plane.

The CDC is defiantly doing a bang up job here. However, the nurse is to blame for her own irresponsibility. If she thought it wise to contact the CDC, she obviously knew that there was cause for concern. I think that she went against her instinct and better judgement because they told her what she wanted to hear. I don't wish her ill will, and I hope that she does have a speedy recovery. However, I am extremely aggravated at her for the hundreds or thousands of people that she has potentially put in harms way, including her own family. Just to put this into perspective, my family has had just the average cough that most of us get this time of year. I started to visit my ninety-one year old grandmother after work today, but thought better of it in order to protect her just on the off chance that we have a small cold. The nurse flew home to "plan her wedding." Urgh, I am going to stop typing now, because I get more pissed off the more I think about it.

Do you guys read or listen to the news AT ALL, or do you only listen long enough to hear what you want to hear? Do any of you understand that the hospital both nurses were working in basically screwed up their protocol? Do you understand that the timeline of what she felt when is being reported in a million different ways and you're passing judgement on what she felt/knew and when, without any actual basis for being sure that the one story you heard is the one that is "right"?

These nurses are putting their lives on the line to treat these patients and being told (especially at this particular Dallas hospital) all these different things about the safety protocols they're supposed to be using. Not one single person has accused either nurse of actually not following protocol - the question is whether the hospital was reporting the right protocols and whether the equipment they gave the nurses matched the protocols they were requiring. If she believed (which she had no reason not to) that she'd followed protocol, she would not be assuming she was putting "hudnreds of thousands of people" in harms way.

I'm sure we'll find out more about what she did and didn't know and feel as time goes on. But none of you have concrete info (because it's still being gathered) on whether she knowingly put others at risk. And you should keep your judgement, aggravation, and fury to yourselves until you are sure you're judging fairly. I have too many family members in the medical field and can't believe how the public expects them to care for everyone, follow orders, but then jumps to judgement when at least on it's face this nurse at least sought information and advice on what to do. But no, you're still mad at her because you're sure she knew better and "heard what she wanted to hear from the CDC". Really? Wow. Just wow. Must be good to have such clear cut, no-grey-area lives where you are always always always clear on what should be done and above any kind of negative judgement. Guessing none of you are nurses or doctors in any county hospitals or emergency rooms where you truly see and encounter every single sort of "condition" and have to handle it as best you can.
    Do you actually read what other people post? I didn't say she broke protocol. I said as soon as she felt that fever she should have walked off that plane. I'm a first responder, I know that if I come in contact with someone that has an infectious disease, there are things I have to do to protect myself and other people. Things like washing my hands to changing clothes before I walk back in my house. And if by chance I get sick 2-3 days after my contact with that particular patient, my ass goes straight to the doctor. I've had to do it 4 or 5 times in 11 years. It's common sense. There's no grey area in that. It's how I live. And since she's a nurse, she is in contact with infectious people way more than me so I'd expect the same courtesy and safety.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    The nurse and the CDC were both wrong. Period. Both lack common sense. WTF would you even consider getting on a plane full of people if you've recently been diagnosed with Ebola. Did she use any bathrooms in the airport or on the plane. Did she inform all the persons on the plane about her condition. fucking idiot!!! Oh, wait. Forgot about being PC and her entitlement. Hell she deserved first class seat!!
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,686
    edited October 2014
    Good point last 12 exit. These health care workers in Texas are not using common sense. Oh lets take a flight or go on a cruise. Morons. Selfish morons. This is a serious disease but some people think they are above it all. Doesn't anyone use their heads anymore? No your wedding and your vacation were more important than the safety of the american people. I hope we are all over reacting but i doubt it. Important lesson here, one that i have believed for a long time, DONT trust anybody! That nurse in Dallas has caused alot of problems and disruptions. its unbelievable.
  • Options
    I wanna vent for a moment. So I run a live PJ blog (WeGotShit.blogspot.com) and among the hundreds of recordings I host there are all 72 of the 2000 tour boots. Well....someone on the PJ Facebook page just posted a link to his blog....where he had stolen my 2000 tour links and are passing them off as his own. What a dick. I mean, take all the links ya want but gimme a little credit ya know? I upload 72 shows and he copies and pastes the links without giving credit? Weak. Okay my venting is over
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191

I wanna vent for a moment. So I run a live PJ blog (WeGotShit.blogspot.com) and among the hundreds of recordings I host there are all 72 of the 2000 tour boots. Well....someone on the PJ Facebook page just posted a link to his blog....where he had stolen my 2000 tour links and are passing them off as his own. What a dick. I mean, take all the links ya want but gimme a little credit ya know? I upload 72 shows and he copies and pastes the links without giving credit? Weak. Okay my venting is over

fuck that guy, man.
    that is pretty low
    you got the Cinci show up yet?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

fuck that guy, man.
    that is pretty low
    you got the Cinci show up yet?
    And he's pimping his blog on Facebook like he's not a link thief. Again, all I want is some credit. Don't just steal the links for your starter blog.

And no I don't have Cinci yet. Just have St. Louis and ACL 2 so far
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011

That's fucked up.

Can we please hear Fuckin' Up now?

No, seriously Ledbetterman10, that is very wrong and your hard work is very much appreciated. Sorry that guy is such a dick

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    edited October 2014
    jamburger said:

And you'll never get a sub-forum for the requests because then there'd be an admittance the requests are being given a second thought. Suck it up and skip the threads or hope they stop being started.

But they admit on stage that the requests are given a second thought. When they respond to the requests by playing the songs and doing the dedications.... :-/ It's obvious to all that 10C and/or the band do read these requests and sometimes decide to honor them (not most of them, but some). Just get them off the Porch, and hopefully people will also give the band a break from all the sadness.... as we talked about earlier, maybe more happy requests would be nice to see in a requests forum too!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    edited October 2014

what a douche, especially since you did all the work
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • Options

That's fucked up.

No, seriously Ledbetterman10, that is very wrong and your hard work is very much appreciated. Sorry that guy is such a dick

Thanks dude. And again, it's not like I own these recordings. But to copy and paste 72 links is bullshit. Ive taken links from other PJ sites before. But I always give credit or post their site's URL on the "links" section of my blog. This guy is on facebook going "download the 2000 tour here" like he spent days ripping songs from discs, downloading, and then reuploading. What a douche.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    edited October 2014

That's fucked up.

Thanks dude. And again, it's not like I own these recordings. But to copy and paste 72 links is bullshit. Ive taken links from other PJ sites before. But I always give credit or post their site's URL on the "links" section of my blog. This guy is on facebook going "download the 2000 tour here" like he spent days ripping songs from discs, downloading, and then reuploading. What a douche.
    I'm a dudette btw. If I had mad skills as a hacker, I'd have some fun adding in credits to you on his FB
    Post edited by RunIntoTheRain on
  • Options

what a douche, especially since you did all the work
    And the thing is, I wouldn't even mind if he just gave some credit. There's another site that boasts that it has all the boots, but then links to my site for them. That's totally fine. But this guy is just unapologetically stealing. Weak.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    edited October 2014

That's fucked up.

I'm a dudette btw. If I had mad skills as a hacker, I'd have some fun adding in credits to you on his FB
    I just want a reply and apology from him and I'll be fine with that.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Dude ignored my facebook message and blocked me! I wasn't even a dick in the message. I was just like "hey....a little credit?" And he blocked me. I'm gonna delete all the links. Don't worry. They're all hosted elsewhere

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    My vote for thread of the year! :)
    I love the song request suggestions. Brilliant! Some of them had me laughing out loud. Those requests should each have their own threads. Hell, I'd bump them just to keep the ticket requests and real song reqeusts off the first page so I wouldn't have to see them. Filling up the Porch with those requests would be much more interesting than the Porch in its current state.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    edited October 2014

Have you asked him to give you the credit?
    EDIT: Ah, you answered this..... What an asshole.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

He didn't take it like a man. He blocked me on Facebook messager and deleted his original post that put me on his scent to begin with. All the 2000 boots are also hosted here http://www.pearljambootlegarchive.com/index.html so that's where people can grab them from now on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    do you have all 2003 shows too?
  • Options

Yeah I did. Just go to that link on the post above if you want them. That guy (Dan Patch) has them all up for download too

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

...a bathroom doorknob that had uncleaned nads runned on it.

uncleaned nads runned on a doorknob? how, why, what?

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options

Yeah I did. Just go to that link on the post above if you want them. That guy (Dan Patch) has them all up for download too
    sweet I love the 2003 shows, the band kicked ass that whole year
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

PJ_Soul said:

He didn't take it like a man. He blocked me on Facebook messager and deleted his original post that put me on his scent to begin with. All the 2000 boots are also hosted here http://www.pearljambootlegarchive.com/index.html so that's where people can grab them from now on
    Wow. Shitty. Dude has to be on here. Why would it be so hard to just give credit to you?
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited October 2014
    Got to be the *ETA* (most hilarious) thread of the year.

Mixing disdain for song requests, particularly the ones for those who have had tragic circumstances, the latest media craze and health issue (the media is overdoing it here big time and people really lick it up), and Eddie's own health.

This is what the boards have come to be. Besides the numerous threads asking for requests and the begging for GA tickets. God do I miss the forums of yesteryear...
    Post edited by backseatLover12 on
  • Options
    It's a good thread. And it's mine!
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited October 2014

I never click on the 'request ____ for my ____' threads. The Porch is inundated with them and I'm really not sure where I stand with them.

It seems some people pray to God in hard times, while some pray to Pearl Jam.

You know... how about going to the concert and, instead of waiting with baited breath for your very own and personal 'shout out' and the song you requested (disappointed when you don't receive it) just losing yourself in the show and enjoying every song that's played- pumping your fist or clenching your fists by your heart when the song you really wanted to hear serendipitously gets played?

Great advice for the newbies, for sure!! I wonder if because a show doesn't have some personal message from the band, that life is not worth living. Pretty sad for any supposed "fan".
    Post edited by backseatLover12 on
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Wow. Shitty. Dude has to be on here. Why would it be so hard to just give credit to you?
    To some extent, you can say I'm making a mountain out of a molehill. But I was bummed to click his link (hey I'm all for supporting fellow PJ bootleg uploaders/bloggers) and scroll down to see all my links copied and pasted. This was his FIRST blog post. I've had stuff nicked from other sites too (and nicked some things myself) but a show here or a show there is nothing. We're all just spreading free music. But this is 72 links that I uploaded myself. Which again, would be fine with a little credit or thanks.

I wasn't a dick to him in my facebook message. I just said I didn't appreciate that and just own up to and it'd be water under the bridge. He promplty blocked me on facebook messanger and deleted his original post in the PJ facebook group. So I deleted all 72 links. Now...there was more reasoning to this rather than "Steal my links!! I'll show you!!" I do want him to have 72 dead links on his blog (mission accomplished) but I wouldn't' have deleted them all if they weren't readily available elsewhere because I wouldn't want to screw everybody who might be looking for these shows. Dan Patch, another PJ blogger (and one who is happy to give and receive credit for shared posts) actually began hosting all the 2000-2006 shows like I was. So knowing that Dan has them, knowing that I didn't want this other dude using my stolen links, and having the opportunity to free up 20GB of space on my MEGA account, I decided to delete them. My blog post that used to link to all the 2000-2006 bootlegs now just links to Dan's page. So that's more storage space for me, more web traffic for Dan, and no links for that guy in the facebook group. A win, win, win.

http://wegotshit.blogspot.com/2014/01/official-bootlegs-2000-2006.html

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    MelmothMelmoth Posts: 65

First, can we stop asking for songs on here for a dead relative or a stroke victim or cause some horribly tragic happened to you or someone you know. .

When they played Come Back in Austin for the little boy who died, that was one of the most touching moments at a concert ever. Everyone around me was crying. It was a beautiful moment. I'll never hear that song again without thinking about that little guy. So, yeah, I hope they don't stop doing stuff like that.

'we were but stones, your light made us stars"
    Little Rock - 1993 + Dallas - 1998 + Memphis - 2000 + Nashville -2003 + Little Rock - 2003 + EV Memphis - 2012 + Austin ACL1 - 2014 +Memphis - 2014 +Lexington -2016 +Wrigley 1 - 2016
This discussion has been closed.