Options

I need to Vent.....

Comments

• Options
    Dude, once or twice is fine but the requests are getting absurd and depressing.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Melmoth said:

First, can we stop asking for songs on here for a dead relative or a stroke victim or cause some horribly tragic happened to you or someone you know. .

When they played Come Back in Austin for the little boy who died, that was one of the most touching moments at a concert ever. Everyone around me was crying. It was a beautiful moment. I'll never hear that song again without thinking about that little guy. So, yeah, I hope they don't stop doing stuff like that.

That was a very beautiful gesture, and the whole board was thrilled. Unfortunately that probably wouldn't have happened if the board at that time looked like the board today. It is impossible to separate the wheat from the chaff around here. And many of us are done reading those request threads because of that.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    edited October 2014
    just give them their own section between here and GTF so Eddie doesn't have to keep seeing me rant about not playing Insignificance enough :)
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191

just give them their own section between here and GTF so Eddie doesn't have to keep seeing me rant about not playing Insignificance enough :)

I just started a new thread ****Please Play Unthought Known for Big Bank Hank******

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Melmoth said:

First, can we stop asking for songs on here for a dead relative or a stroke victim or cause some horribly tragic happened to you or someone you know. .

When they played Come Back in Austin for the little boy who died, that was one of the most touching moments at a concert ever. Everyone around me was crying. It was a beautiful moment. I'll never hear that song again without thinking about that little guy. So, yeah, I hope they don't stop doing stuff like that.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with that request because it was one of the first. It's now I'm talking about. It's like everyone wants to have that moment and we all get it. But I have to agree with another poster who said they can't wait for this tour to end. Maybe the 10C will sort of reboot itself again.
  • Options
    Can I request them to play "the end" to END ALL SONG REQUESTS? HALTS MAUL to ALL! =))
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    lolobugg said:

I just started a new thread ****Please Play Unthought Known for Big Bank Hank******
    =))
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    lolobugg said:

fuck no, lol, that is funny shit, at least the last 2 shows are UK free, I am proud of our man Ed for showing a little restraint, the last 2 shows were great without it and no one saying "I am really disappointed they didn't play Unthought Known"
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

lolobugg said:

fuck no, lol, that is funny shit, at least the last 2 shows are UK free, I am proud of our man Ed for showing a little restraint, the last 2 shows were great without it and no one saying "I am really disappointed they didn't play Unthought Known"
    Aww, cmon Hank! I think I read somewhere once, the band Europe used to open and close with The Final Countdown. Maybe we could start a thread asking the band to do that with Unthought Known for Hank.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191

lolobugg said:

Aww, cmon Hank! I think I read somewhere once, the band Europe used to open and close with The Final Countdown. Maybe we could start a thread asking the band to do that with Unthought Known for Hank.
    Piss break for Hank at the beginning of the show??
    and then he could leave early and beat the traffic.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I think hank secretly has started to like UK but has mounted such a campaign against it, it's impossible to back down!!
  • Options
    I do read and watch the news. I have not ever had one negative thought about the first nurse that was diagnosed. I think that lady did exactly what she should have done. However, the second nurse clearly used poor judgment. I stand by my original statement. No one will ever convince me that her actions and poor judgement are anything but inexcusable. I respect that she came into harms way while doing her job, but her bad decisions that she made following being exposed is on her. Her poor decisions have affected so many people across the county, right down to the lady who owns the dress shop where she went with her bridesmaids to help them choose their dresses. The business owner has had to closer her business. People could die because of her decisions.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i wish there was an air "vent" in section 109 last night. jesus.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    Did it smell?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570

I think hank secretly has started to like UK but has mounted such a campaign against it, it's impossible to back down!!

:)) I keep having the same fear about Backspacer! If I ever start liking that album I will have egg all over my face! :P

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    Here's my prediction for the day: By the time the next tour starts up, along with the "please play_________", we'll see a whole slew of:

"please don't play______" because it reminds me of the time I ________."

Those might at least be a bit more entertaining... for a while... until the porch boards crack and rot out and we all fall through land on the lost dogs sitting under the porch.

Which reminds me of something I wanted to request: Pearl Jam, please all of Lost Dogs only next time you play___________!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Please play alive. I'm still alive. So please play alive.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Here's my prediction for the day: By the time the next tour starts up, along with the "please play_________", we'll see a whole slew of:

"please don't play______" because it reminds me of the time I ________."

Those might at least be a bit more entertaining... for a while... until the porch boards crack and rot out and we all fall through land on the lost dogs sitting under the porch.

Which reminds me of something I wanted to request: Pearl Jam, please all of Lost Dogs only next time you play___________!

woof
  • Options

Good choice, Last Exit!
    Anyone not alive might want to request "Ghost".
    I think my request would be "Bugs" because I was metamorphosed a number of years ago.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:

Good choice, Last Exit!
    I think my request would be "Bugs" because I was metamorphosed a number of years ago.

Please don't play Bugs. It reminds me of the time I got crabs.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

brianlux said:

Good choice, Last Exit!

Ding-ding-ding! Thank you for playing! :))

• Options

brianlux said:

Good choice, Last Exit!

HALTS MAUL!
    This has to be played! And Ed has to tell the story of why! Hahaha
  • Options
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Good choice, Last Exit!

Ding-ding-ding! Thank you for playing! :))

"Tickle my nausea, I let it happen again!"
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Thank you all for the laughs. I just read through all the posts. hi-LAR-ious! =))
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Good thing there is only a few days left for song requests. Next up will be the "please play in the nearest city because I only care about myself" threads.

In the mean time, please play GO because I have to drop a major deuce!
    ...just got a fresh bottle.
  • Options

Good thing there is only a few days left for song requests. Next up will be the "please play in the nearest city because I only care about myself" threads.

In the mean time, please play GO because I have to drop a major deuce!

Don't forget to "mind your manners" and "wash" afterwards.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

Did it smell?

god-awful. used my sweater sleeve as a gas mask.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    My cousin just got thrown in jail. ******Please cover Creeds My Own Prison******
  • Options
    ham_on_ryeham_on_rye Indiana Dunes Posts: 205
    lolobugg said:

Everyone knows that the CDC got blown up in Walking Dead Season 1.

=))
    Please play Alive for the season premier of The Walking Dead
  • Options

My cousin just got thrown in jail. ******Please cover Creeds My Own Prison******

Oh no, you took it too far! =))
This discussion has been closed.