Options

I need to Vent.....

Comments

• Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 571
    <
    so true, when he admitted earlier 2 or 3 posts out of the hundreds have in some way offended him in some way, so that means the other 99% are okay, but obviously can't see how nitpicky that is or comes across, no one in here is perfect, I know I am far from it, but really condemning everyone for so little when most of what you are saying is incoherent, maybe you should go over the entire thread and see where this conversation had evolved to before you came in, I think you will rethink your choice of words

I said none of that, but that should be expected.
    Continue your fuck Pearl Jam fans rant.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I named my daughter's hamster stone jam. *******PLEASE PLAY MANKIND IN HONOR*********
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    edited October 2014
    YAKIMATSU said:

your funny dude =)) a real pothead would not have that much hostility like you seem to, pretty judgemental, talk about killing a vibe dude
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • Options
    edited October 2014

YAKIMATSU said:

<
    so true, when he admitted earlier 2 or 3 posts out of the hundreds have in some way offended him in some way, so that means the other 99% are okay, but obviously can't see how nitpicky that is or comes across, no one in here is perfect, I know I am far from it, but really condemning everyone for so little when most of what you are saying is incoherent, maybe you should go over the entire thread and see where this conversation had evolved to before you came in, I think you will rethink your choice of words

your funny dude =)) a real pothead would not have that much hostility like you seem to, pretty judgemental, talk about killing a vibe dude

Mean people suck!
    I thought I was just trying to fully rationalize a very stoned thought.
    Maybe I need to ease back on the GSC.
    I had to skip Tulsa and Lincoln for it to fully ripen.
    Could be too intellectually stimulating trichomes.
    MY BAD. Peace, love and be happy.
    And if you see a guy with a cool pink bunny hat in Denver, just give him a hug. Apparently, I need some.
    Hugs make me happy!
    If your lucky, my gorgeous wife might give ya one too.
    Post edited by YAKIMATSU on
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited October 2014
    YAKIMATSU said:

YAKIMATSU said:

<

Mean people suck!
    I thought I was just trying to fully rationalize a very stoned thought.
    Maybe I need to ease back on the GSC.
    I had to skip Tulsa and Lincoln for it to fully ripen.
    Could be too intellectually stimulating trichomes.
    MY BAD. Peace, love and be happy.
    And if you see a guy with a cool pink bunny hat in Denver, just give him a hug. Apparently, I need some.
    Hugs make me happy!
    If your lucky, my gorgeous wife might give ya one too.

You need to add a real pothead sub topic to your earlier post! :))

I somehow screwed up the quotes.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    We need another forum for discussing illicit drug abuse
  • Options
    Does a "real pothead" skip the shows in Lincoln and Tulsa (he has tickets) to harvest when ripe or does a "real pothead" harvest two weeks early and get half the quantity and a reduction in quality but have just enough money for that trip? I had that one but, thankfully have Denver GA. Just trying to get by.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    I must be stoned but I had the hardest time understanding who those quotes were attributed to.............................

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

I must be stoned but I had the hardest time understanding who those quotes were attributed to.............................

Same here.
    And I did it.
  • Options
    YAKIMATSU said:

lolobugg said:

Same here.
    And I did it.
    :))
    yeah, man.
    it's cool. we are just pappanasing on this thread....
    everyone is cool around here....
    no malice intended to specific people....
    we just like to have a good time and sometimes it gets topical like requests, GA, and stickers.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    The anger towards the requests I just don't get. Our favorite band is taking requests off of this forum. Who knows how or why? Our band is fulfilling our requests. How could that ever be bad or ridiculed or made fun of or asked to move even? Our band is responding to us and some are finding fault with the best damn conduit the fans could have to do this. It is very sanitary and it is working. They found it here, do we really want to fuck with that?
    FYI not a newbie - original membership 1995 in Vitalogy Healthclub, had one lapse in 2002 and regret it.
  • Options
    YAKIMATSU said:

The anger towards the requests I just don't get. Our favorite band is taking requests off of this forum. Who knows how or why? Our band is fulfilling our requests. How could that ever be bad or ridiculed or made fun of or asked to move even? Our band is responding to us and some are finding fault with the best damn conduit the fans could have to do this. It is very sanitary and it is working. They found it here, do we really want to fuck with that?
    FYI not a newbie - original membership 1995 in Vitalogy Healthclub, had one lapse in 2002 and regret it.

I think it is cool if the band does occasionally read this forum....
    I think the problem most people have is that any and everyone are coming out of the cracks to request songs now. the same thing happened with all the GA threads. everyone out for themselves. they don't care about making a connection on sharing anything. just greed and getting a GA ticket for every show. this is a community and some people have been active on here a hell of a lot longer than me. I respect them for wanting to clean this up.
    I have said it before. I requested a song on here before it got crazy. I had it up for 4 days. it got bumped a few times, mostly on the day of the show. they played it. I will take some of the blame for this. I had no idea it would get this fucking out of hand.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    "anger" may be a strong word, in regards to fan requests. the annoying part of it, or reason to "vent" is that it has become so EXTREME recently, and now almost everyone has to one up the previous guy. there's also so many requests that its harder to find the "real" requests. by that i mean some people truly have had extraordinarily sincere and sad and inspiring stories to tell, and its nice to get recognition. but we all lose our grandparents ya know what i mean? all 20k people at the show have had some serious loss at some point. the great thing about pj is using their music to get through your own struggles. they have plenty of songs to relate to in any given show, we all dont need to get all "ME ME ME" and make 20k requests.
    YAKIMATSU said:

'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    I definitely don't like most of that shit either," I need 2 GA only". Give me a break, most of the requests and threads I have no interest in. I no longer read them.
    Whether you guys realize it or not the request you are making is for censorship and or segregation of people and ideas because they don't conform to your standards.
    Pretty sure all of recorded history has taught us that is not cool.
    Just let it play out or only look at the threads you agree with or
    Fuck it!!! Burn the site down - too many fans want things.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,630
    edited October 2014
    YAKIMATSU said:

I definitely don't like most of that shit either," I need 2 GA only". Give me a break, most of the requests and threads I have no interest in. I no longer read them.
    Whether you guys realize it or not the request you are making is for censorship and or segregation of people and ideas because they don't conform to your standards.

Well I wouldn't call creating a board for requests segregation, lol. There are a lot of different boards here to separate topics. This would just be another one. Threads that don't belong on the Porch get moved to the proper board all the time so that The Porch remains a place for people to discuss the band. This keeps things organized and flowing, that's all.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul said:

YAKIMATSU said:

Well I wouldn't call creating a board for requests segregation, lol. There are a lot of different boards here to separate topics. This would just be another one. Threads to don't belong on the Porch get moved to the proper board all the time so that The Porch remains a place for people to discuss the band. This keeps things organized and flowing, that's all.
    Took the words out of my fingers!

By the way, I (and others too) don't want to only see topics with which we agree. Not only is it boring but also unchallenging. Everyone can be questioned or applauded or anywhere in between on anything they choose to post. Criticized too - it's all in the way it's done, said.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Apparently offering up an opinion that PJ forum should be a happy place and allow everyone to do what they liked will be judged wrong by the seniority and you will be moved for fucking with our forum. I have been reading the forum off and on for many years and the way the seniority berates and ridicules behaviors that they don't deem appropriate is scary and the peer pressure over the requests was enough.
    Judging whether a crowd at a show your not at is rocking enough. Ridiculing people for all these little things. They didn't know the right words or they didn't rock hard enough to this song or that. Hammering people for selling all the merch online when we know 10c could fix that immediately.......if they wanted to. I'm not paying $50 for a sticker, but if a bum got a meal out that sticker by standing in line, I'm just happy for the bum not bitchin about people being creative. Remember 10c and our band support this otherwise after years of complaints they would have changed.
    They have no response to these threads yet they stay on here all the time.
    They respond to threads and ya'll say move em.

See ya'll in Denver, out.
    This is a venting thread.

Post edited by YAKIMATSU on
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I get your point, Yakimatsu - but you're painting a shitload of people by the actions of a few.

Go visit AMT, any other section of this place, and you'll see all kinds of people.

Thank fucking god.
  • Options
    I think it is cool that the band honors requests. I also like some of the innovative threads where fans point out a song that has never been played before in a particular city - subtle hint). As requests get honored, it only makes sense that the volume of requests would increase. Therefore, I think that it would be appropriate to have a category for requests (that way, the Porch will not be flooded with them at tour time). I think that this would help out the band and the 10C so that they can sort through these requests and decide which one's to fulfill. Now please play Dirty Frank at Fenway in 2015 for the Boston Puker...
  • Options

I think it is cool that the band honors requests. I also like some of the innovative threads where fans point out a song that has never been played before in a particular city - subtle hint). As requests get honored, it only makes sense that the volume of requests would increase. Therefore, I think that it would be appropriate to have a category for requests (that way, the Porch will not be flooded with them at tour time). I think that this would help out the band and the 10C so that they can sort through these requests and decide which one's to fulfill. Now please play Dirty Frank at Fenway in 2015 for the Boston Puker...

Or at least do a cover of Lynyrd Skynyrd's 'What's That Smell'.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    What the fuck happened to this thread? Pretty funny post by the OP I thought.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057

Was just wondering the same thing. Haven't popped back in since page 1 or so and the vibe has taken a pretty sharp turn. Thought this would be all shits and giggles.

The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

Was just wondering the same thing. Haven't popped back in since page 1 or so and the vibe has taken a pretty sharp turn. Thought this would be all shits and giggles.

Read the first 10 pages. They're pretty good. Then some dude took major offense.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181

PP193448 said:

Has anyone named their kid Boom??

no I thought I heard someone named their kind Stone Vedder with Vedder as the middle name
    Somebody made their daughters first and middle names be the names of Eddies two daughters

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    jervin007 said:

PP193448 said:

Has anyone named their kid Boom??

no I thought I heard someone named their kind Stone Vedder with Vedder as the middle name
    Somebody made their daughters first and middle names be the names of Eddies two daughters

That's fucked. 8-X
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    YAKIMATSU said:

brianlux said:

From the amount of requests that seem to have been honored, it got me thinking. I guess it's possible the band actually does have someone paying attention. Maybe they are really just trying to shake it up? How many times can you crank out the hits without getting bored as hell? What if they just want to play different stuff to appease people that support them? I guess we could start a new debate, is the band wrong for wanting to play what ten club members want to hear? I probably wouldn't start a request but I don't think they are going away anytime soon.

Would you agree that it makes sense to have either a separate forum segment called "Fane Requests" or at least just ONE thread called "Fan Requests"?

Why? Scrolling, scrolling, that's such a big problem? I wish I had your life.
    Category suggestions: 1. Fan Requests
    2. The true fans (for 1000 and up posts)

Dude, you need a Xanax BADLY. You're taking this way to personal. It's funny tho, you're ripping people for being judgmental yet you're doing the same thing.

FYI- I have no problem taking ALL the blame for saying it's a bunch of newbies, cuz you know what, IT IS. But it's all good, keep posting bro and you're almost at a century! Someone said it best. Everybody is trying to OUT DO the other. Shit, I'm trying to out do my request threads myself! As much as your butt hurt over this thread, there's about a shitload of us who are butt hurt seeing request after request after request. It gets old. You want us to scroll down till we find a thread we like to read? Fuck that, make a thread dedicated to requests so you who want to request know where to go and the porch doesn't get flooded with lame ass requests.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,761
    If I had an M-80 I would name it "Boom". :-D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,630
    YAKIMATSU said:

Apparently offering up an opinion that PJ forum should be a happy place and allow everyone to do what they liked will be judged wrong by the seniority and you will be moved for fucking with our forum. I have been reading the forum off and on for many years and the way the seniority berates and ridicules behaviors that they don't deem appropriate is scary and the peer pressure over the requests was enough.
    Judging whether a crowd at a show your not at is rocking enough. Ridiculing people for all these little things. They didn't know the right words or they didn't rock hard enough to this song or that. Hammering people for selling all the merch online when we know 10c could fix that immediately.......if they wanted to. I'm not paying $50 for a sticker, but if a bum got a meal out that sticker by standing in line, I'm just happy for the bum not bitchin about people being creative. Remember 10c and our band support this otherwise after years of complaints they would have changed.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    PJ_Soul said:

YAKIMATSU said:

Hahahahahahaha that's funny =))
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,761
    badbrains said:

PJ_Soul said:

YAKIMATSU said:

Hahahahahahaha that's funny =))
    Love it! Reminds me of the time this lady I worked with who happened to be black and she and I were talking about alcohol and pot and she made a comment that was slightly contradictory and I got my tongue twisted a bit and said, "Honey, that's like the black calling the kettle pot". We both totally cracked up. :))
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

This discussion has been closed.