Options

I need to Vent.....

Comments

• Options
    The CDC is defiantly doing a bang up job here. However, the nurse is to blame for her own irresponsibility. If she thought it wise to contact the CDC, she obviously knew that there was cause for concern. I think that she went against her instinct and better judgement because they told her what she wanted to hear. I don't wish her ill will, and I hope that she does have a speedy recovery. However, I am extremely aggravated at her for the hundreds or thousands of people that she has potentially put in harms way, including her own family. Just to put this into perspective, my family has had just the average cough that most of us get this time of year. I started to visit my ninety-one year old grandmother after work today, but thought better of it in order to protect her just on the off chance that we have a small cold. The nurse flew home to "plan her wedding." Urgh, I am going to stop typing now, because I get more pissed off the more I think about it.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    Who am I kidding?

Please play "Sleeping by myself"
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403

My take-home message from this thread is we should be making more, not fewer, song requests, but they should be for celebratory reasons (okay, maybe I didn't read to the end of all the posts). How about:

"Just escaped from the zombie horde - Please play Rearviewmirror"
    "Decided to become a dominatrix - Please play Whipping"
    "Have taken up scuba diving, would like to hear Deep"
    "Gave up smoking (or, alternately, Didn't give up smoking and now regretting it)...Would like to hear Breath"
    "Never got around to moving out of my parents' basement, please play Life Wasted"

"Purchased a sticker at a show I attended - Please play I Believe in Miracles"
    =))
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Who am I kidding?

Please play "Sleeping by myself"

I won't be in Detroit so please play insignificance for me!
  • Options
    In honor of my 11 years posting on this board.

Please play " Life Wasted"
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    badbrains said:

Fucken speedy! Guy fucken cracks me up, play breaker fall

=))
  • Options

In honor of my 11 years posting on this board.

Please play " Life Wasted"

wow 11 years at least you get great seats
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    I may be getting dementia - Please play Soon Forget. Or wait, maybe you already did?
    Damn these LEDs! Please play Low Light.
    Got a new sewing machine....Please play Corduroy
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

I may be getting dementia - Please play Soon Forget. Or wait, maybe you already did?
    Damn these LEDs! Please play Low Light.
    Got a new sewing machine....Please play Corduroy

Or if you're a man, off he goes??? =))
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Buncha creative motherfuckers here.

Please play Arc?

I suck at this :D
  • Options
    I am waiting for the pathetic loser thread so please play Sleeping By Myself
  • Options

I am waiting for the pathetic loser thread so please play Sleeping By Myself

Not sure how this is conducive.
  • Options
    Play man of the hour for the gentleman who's hooking me up with the Detroit jersey!
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Please play Arc?

"Just got my welding ticket - please play Arc"
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

hedonist said:

Please play Arc?

Well done, fellow Pastafarian.
  • Options
    I just realized that my pet and a member of my family died today - Please Play Mind Your Manners
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754
    No complaints here today. :-D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,686
    edited October 2014
    Did u read kats fanview of Detroit? Ed played a song for the keyboardist for Jack whites band as a positive way to remember him. Was ed referring to my original post? Please confirm
    Post edited by THEBIBLEISTEN on
  • Options
    hedonist said:

hedonist said:

Please play Arc?

Well done, fellow Pastafarian.
    "Wow, ate too much spaghetti....please play Swallowed Whole"
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    So much for limiting the request threads. Jesus Xmas I think there was 7 added while the fucken band was on stage in Detroit. This is how you lose posters on the threads. I just don't understand how people will read about how these threads are getting out of hand and say fuck it, one more thread for a song! Why not? Jesus

Edit-33% of the threads on the porch are for fucken requests! 13 out of 39. Fuck me, sorry but that's fucken ridiculous.
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited October 2014
    badbrains said:

So much for limiting the request threads. Jesus Xmas I think there was 7 added while the fucken band was on stage in Detroit. This is how you lose posters on the threads. I just don't understand how people will read about how these threads are getting out of hand and say fuck it, one more thread for a song! Why not? Jesus

Edit-33% of the threads on the porch are for fucken requests! 13 out of 39. Fuck me, sorry but that's fucken ridiculous.

Oh that's a good one. Please play Save you.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

badbrains said:

Save me? From what? People ripping me apart for this? I'm not the only one who feels like this. Seems to be #1 on the list right now. But plz, play save you for me. I like that song.

Edit-I think I get it now lol, cuz I said Jesus Xmas! Hahaha took me a second but hey, I have t burned my last bowl of the night hahaha
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Save me? From what? People ripping me apart for this? I'm not the only one who feels like this. Seems to be #1 on the list right now. But plz, play save you for me. I like that song.

Edit-I think I get it now lol, cuz I said Jesus Xmas! Hahaha took me a second but hey, I have t burned my last bowl of the night hahaha
    I was actually referring to the fuck me part but had trouble with the bold on my phone. Haha
  • Options
    edited October 2014

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

I was actually referring to the fuck me part but had trouble with the bold on my phone. Haha
    "Fuck me" part? I'm confused? But that's nothing new lol

Edit-holyshit, I read it twice and BOTH times DIDNT see the "fuck me" part. Wow, I'm shot.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

"Fuck me" part? I'm confused? But that's nothing new lol

Edit-holyshit, I read it twice and BOTH times DIDNT see the "fuck me" part. Wow, I'm shot.
    You ever watch Entourage? "Smoke more weed turtle"
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    ^:)^
    just caught up on this thread.
    you guys are all genius
    man, I love this thread

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754
    All the re
    badbrains said:

Ya, bb, that relatively high percentage of "request" threads is a major reason I haven't hung out on the Porch as much these days. I doubt anyone is relaying these requests and don't get read by the band management. It's all self-indulgence and not interesting reading.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

All the re

badbrains said:

Ya, bb, that relatively high percentage of "request" threads is a major reason I haven't hung out on the Porch as much these days. I doubt anyone is relaying these requests and don't get read by the band management. It's all self-indulgence and not interesting reading.

Bingo! Exactly brian. It's like taking your 10 year old or whatever age the "kid" is to the show, supposedly for the "kid" cuz the kid just loves pearl jam. Not the parents but the kid. Ya right! Total self-indulgence. Look, that guy in Wrigley, (adam), his was special and sort of one of a kind. Now it's a cheap request. 2 of my cats died and I didn't come and request "GO". Watch how more and more stop coming to the community. I see it all the time, more and more leaving and more and more new posters. I have nothing against the new posters. I'm just saying this place has gone 180 real fast.
  • Options
    I agree.
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427

That nurse is to blame. She knew she was in contact and she knew the symptoms. Good for her for calling the cdc, but as soon as that fever hit, she should have walked off that plane.

The CDC is defiantly doing a bang up job here. However, the nurse is to blame for her own irresponsibility. If she thought it wise to contact the CDC, she obviously knew that there was cause for concern. I think that she went against her instinct and better judgement because they told her what she wanted to hear. I don't wish her ill will, and I hope that she does have a speedy recovery. However, I am extremely aggravated at her for the hundreds or thousands of people that she has potentially put in harms way, including her own family. Just to put this into perspective, my family has had just the average cough that most of us get this time of year. I started to visit my ninety-one year old grandmother after work today, but thought better of it in order to protect her just on the off chance that we have a small cold. The nurse flew home to "plan her wedding." Urgh, I am going to stop typing now, because I get more pissed off the more I think about it.

Do you guys read or listen to the news AT ALL, or do you only listen long enough to hear what you want to hear? Do any of you understand that the hospital both nurses were working in basically screwed up their protocol? Do you understand that the timeline of what she felt when is being reported in a million different ways and you're passing judgement on what she felt/knew and when, without any actual basis for being sure that the one story you heard is the one that is "right"?

These nurses are putting their lives on the line to treat these patients and being told (especially at this particular Dallas hospital) all these different things about the safety protocols they're supposed to be using. Not one single person has accused either nurse of actually not following protocol - the question is whether the hospital was reporting the right protocols and whether the equipment they gave the nurses matched the protocols they were requiring. If she believed (which she had no reason not to) that she'd followed protocol, she would not be assuming she was putting "hudnreds of thousands of people" in harms way.

I'm sure we'll find out more about what she did and didn't know and feel as time goes on. But none of you have concrete info (because it's still being gathered) on whether she knowingly put others at risk. And you should keep your judgement, aggravation, and fury to yourselves until you are sure you're judging fairly. I have too many family members in the medical field and can't believe how the public expects them to care for everyone, follow orders, but then jumps to judgement when at least on it's face this nurse at least sought information and advice on what to do. But no, you're still mad at her because you're sure she knew better and "heard what she wanted to hear from the CDC". Really? Wow. Just wow. Must be good to have such clear cut, no-grey-area lives where you are always always always clear on what should be done and above any kind of negative judgement. Guessing none of you are nurses or doctors in any county hospitals or emergency rooms where you truly see and encounter every single sort of "condition" and have to handle it as best you can.
This discussion has been closed.