Options

I need to Vent.....

Comments

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    JH6056 said:

Yeah, everyone jumping on the nurse (including the original poster), check yourselves and all your over-the-top judgements of her. She contacted the CDC and it appears they were even present as she boarded her plane! She did her part by contacting them to find out if she could still fly, the protocol, etc. If you are going to be mad at anyone, get mad at the CDC, but leave that poor woman alone and stop calling for her nursing license to be revoked. She risked her life caring for a patient with a deadly disease, she's now contracted it herself, and she did the right thing and reached out to the agency who was supposed to give her the right info about whether she could travel or not.

Some of you are so comfortable being judgemental without knowing even the publicly available details - would be very interesting to know how you'd feel if you tried to do the right thing and then the entire country heard only a sliver of what happened and passed mega judgement on you, called for you to be fired etc.

hey man,
    Check my post...
    I said I would request a song for her.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    lolobugg said:

JH6056 said:

Yeah, everyone jumping on the nurse (including the original poster), check yourselves and all your over-the-top judgements of her. She contacted the CDC and it appears they were even present as she boarded her plane! She did her part by contacting them to find out if she could still fly, the protocol, etc. If you are going to be mad at anyone, get mad at the CDC, but leave that poor woman alone and stop calling for her nursing license to be revoked. She risked her life caring for a patient with a deadly disease, she's now contracted it herself, and she did the right thing and reached out to the agency who was supposed to give her the right info about whether she could travel or not.

Some of you are so comfortable being judgemental without knowing even the publicly available details - would be very interesting to know how you'd feel if you tried to do the right thing and then the entire country heard only a sliver of what happened and passed mega judgement on you, called for you to be fired etc.

hey man,
    Check my post...
    Songs called HALTS MAUL and is #1 in Germany! =))
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Is that by PAPPANASE?
    ...just got a fresh bottle.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    edited October 2014

I think David Hasselhoff featuring the PAPPANazis

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    edited October 2014
    JH6056 said:

You're right. The CDC is wholly to blame.
    Now was she experiencing symptoms on that plane or not (so was she contagious at that time or not)?? I've seen reports saying yes and no.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hey read my post again..I did blame the CDC but that nurse is 100% to blame for what she is causing in Cleveland and Dallas. She didnt use her god damn head. She wasnt supposed to fly on a commercial flight. Also, if her temp was 99.5 before she got on the flight, she should have used her nursing degree from the two year community college she went to figure out that maybe she shouldnt have gotten on the plane in the first place. She cause two schools to be closed and planes to be taken out of the air. Quarantined lots of people because she had to go where (IMO) no one really wants to go and that is Cleveland, Ohio. Im 100% blaming her for her lack of any common sense. I hope she recovers so she can be put in jail. Im not joking. I agree with you that the CDC and the govt are to blame too. They need to step it up, train these health care workers better, protect the citizens of the US and stop the outbreak in Africa. Chew on that. Pearl jam can you please play "Evacuation"
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    That nurse is to blame. She knew she was in contact and she knew the symptoms. Good for her for calling the cdc, but as soon as that fever hit, she should have walked off that plane.
  • Options
    thank you last 12 exit
  • Options
    ham_on_ryeham_on_rye Indiana Dunes Posts: 205
    badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

JH6056 said:

hey man,
    Check my post...
    HALTS FUCKIN MAUL... It never gets old!
    =))
  • Options
    Dumb question, what is halts maul?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,555

badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

JH6056 said:

hey man,
    Check my post...
    HALTS FUCKIN MAUL... It never gets old!
    =))
    Can someone please buy and ship me a copy of the Halts Maul single please.
    Ill pay whatever the shipping cost is.

• Options

That nurse is to blame. She knew she was in contact and she knew the symptoms. Good for her for calling the cdc, but as soon as that fever hit, she should have walked off that plane.

That's true too. I still don't know what the real story is though. Fever or no fever on the plane? Not sure which reports to believe.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Surprisingly amusing thread
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    My take-home message from this thread is we should be making more, not fewer, song requests, but they should be for celebratory reasons (okay, maybe I didn't read to the end of all the posts). How about:

"Just escaped from the zombie horde - Please play Rearviewmirror"
    "Decided to become a dominatrix - Please play Whipping"
    "Have taken up scuba diving, would like to hear Deep"
    "Gave up smoking (or, alternately, Didn't give up smoking and now regretting it)...Would like to hear Breath"
    "Never got around to moving out of my parents' basement, please play Life Wasted"
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230

My take-home message from this thread is we should be making more, not fewer, song requests, but they should be for celebratory reasons (okay, maybe I didn't read to the end of all the posts). How about:

"Gave up smoking (or, alternately, Didn't give up smoking and now regretting it)...Would like to hear Breath"
    "Never got around to moving out of my parents' basement, please play Life Wasted"

=))
  • Options

"Purchased a sticker at a show I attended - Please play I Believe in Miracles"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    the only word i liked from your post was Sex
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    "I think I'm finally getting over this cold. Please play Cold Confession."
    "I just got a raise! Please play Unemployable in a smug tone."
    "I'm getting my own office! Please play Alone."
    "The landlord finally fixed the bathroom fan! Please play The Fixer!.... Actually.... please don't."
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

"The landlord finally fixed the bathroom fan! Please play The Fixer!.... Actually.... please don't."

HALTS MAUL how dare you =)) (psst, I agree about the "fixer")
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Looking forward to retirement...please play Garden
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    My wife finally shaved her privates, please play "Bushleaguer"
    My kid dropped and lost his crayolas at the beach, please play "Marker in the sand"
    I need a halloween idea, please play "Ghost"
    My cat is lost and i cant find it for days, please play "in my tree"
    I live in denver and get altitude sickness when i hike 14 teeners, please play "Thin air"....actually, that one i do want to hear in Denver.
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    PJ_Soul said:

=))
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    ^:)^ This thread is hilarious!
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639

My kid dropped and lost his crayolas at the beach, please play "Marker in the sand"
    I live in denver and get altitude sickness when i hike 14 teeners, please play "Thin air"....actually, that one i do want to hear in Denver.

laughing so hard I am crying
  • Options
    Your welcome. Ill be here all night
  • Options
    edited October 2014

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Edit-I love the "actually, that one I do want to hear in Denver."
  • Options
    xhausted1xhausted1 Posts: 126
    Great thread! I love the new positive requests!
  • Options
    I just had sex with my wife.

Please play " Speed of Sound"
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    I just had sex with YOUR WIFE...

Please play " All Night"
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Fucken speedy! Guy fucken cracks me up, play breaker fall
This discussion has been closed.