Options

I need to Vent.....

Comments

• Options
    Dude, relax. I was joking. Read my original post, it's what I told eddie to do. Relax, I come in peace.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Dude! I'm relaxed (for each time you said it too).

It's all good. I liked the original post. You vent, I vent.

Honesty met with honesty; apologies if the spirit of my post didn't come through.

"every little thing is gonna be alright"
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    mcrok said:

Btw...the real concern is way beyond the cdc. The truth is most if these corporate for profit hospital systems cannot control the bugs in their own facilities. People get serious infections after procedures in these facilities and die all the time but u just dont hear about it. So now we expect these for profit centers to be good at helping to adequately control an outside virus that can be as dangerous as this?

The truth is, our healthcare model is only good at making a profit. When comes to real public health...well healthy is bad for business.

It's not about patient health and quality... It's about making money!! Smoke and mirrors. Tell everyone it's about patients satisfaction and quality, but really it's about pushing them thru to make more money... Which means more bonuses for the CEOs.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    so i request "wash" to be played because i think i just touched a bathroom doorknob that had uncleaned nads runned on it. i blame every nurse, the CDC, every for-profit CEO, the government and casey kasem.

also, ISO of GA seats to every show ever.

also, i NEED stickers, posters, coffee mugs and sticker buying limits (sort of).

i would now like to vent about the lack of international layaway regulations that should be provided by that big online marketplace bidding and selling web-site. i mean come on!
    ...just got a fresh bottle.
  • Options
    This is the most response I have ever received on any of my posts.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191

This is the most response I have ever received on any of my posts.

you hit on the trifecta-
    song request threads
    ebola
    and sick Eddie.

song request threads= the new "I need GA tickets thread"

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    I never click on the 'request ____ for my ____' threads. The Porch is inundated with them and I'm really not sure where I stand with them.

It seems some people pray to God in hard times, while some pray to Pearl Jam.

You know... how about going to the concert and, instead of waiting with baited breath for your very own and personal 'shout out' and the song you requested (disappointed when you don't receive it) just losing yourself in the show and enjoying every song that's played- pumping your fist or clenching your fists by your heart when the song you really wanted to hear serendipitously gets played?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783

I never click on the 'request ____ for my ____' threads. The Porch is inundated with them and I'm really not sure where I stand with them.

It seems some people pray to God in hard times, while some pray to Pearl Jam.

You know... how about going to the concert and, instead of waiting with baited breath for your very own and personal 'shout out' and the song you requested (disappointed when you don't receive it) just losing yourself in the show and enjoying every song that's played- pumping your fist or clenching your fists by your heart when the song you really wanted to hear serendipitously gets played?

Winner all around!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    BRAIN0FJAYBRAIN0FJAY Charleston, WV Posts: 989

You know... how about going to the concert and, instead of waiting with baited breath for your very own and personal 'shout out' and the song you requested (disappointed when you don't receive it) just losing yourself in the show and enjoying every song that's played?

Ex-fuckin'-actly.

I was working on a similar post. Just go to the damn show...then...if the song that you are so hellbent on hearing is played...count that as an added bonus.

I couldn't care less what they play at the shows I attend. I enjoy the hell out of each and every one of them, no matter how pedestrian the setlist. Period. If a song plays that I had recently thought "it would be nice to hear _____ at the show tonight"...well...I guess that is nice, but I would never be so damned and determined to hear one specific song that I get disappointed each time a different song is played and it is not "the one."

That said, please play Dirty Frank in Charleston, West Virginia, on the next mid-Atlantic/east coast tour. I can go ahead and work up the three 60-song setlists for that series of shows in Charleston. I say "series" because we in West Virginia are owed a three-night run (similar to that of Philly a few years back) since Pearl Jam has not played here before. God bless entitlement!

Enjoy the fucking shows and wash your damn hands, Ebola is a bitch.
    ...So much talk it makes no sense at all...
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178

That rant reminds me of Casey Casems rant.

Ba HA HA HA!!! "No more fast songs coming out of a God damn dead dog death dedication!!!"
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    edited October 2014
    I gotta agree with the OP's first point about the song requests. They are pretty depressing to read. And while we're at it, enough with the constant polls and "petitions" too
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    AndoAndo Denver Posts: 410

Now I will vent.

400 threads begging for GA seats.

I cant wait for this tour to end.

The GA thing is the most annoying thing I have ever seen on this forum. Every thread I see I think about posting what a moron you are for even asking people for a GA ticket. Who wins a ten club ga ticket and says fuck it ill just give it to some random person on the forum I don't want to go. Plus I will go to the venue pick them up and hand them over???
  • Options
    Yeah enough with people looking for GA tix. Nobody is looking to sell them. Nobody.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

That rant reminds me of Casey Casems rant.

Ba HA HA HA!!! "No more fast songs coming out of a God damn dead dog death dedication!!!"
    Bout time! I was beginning to think I was oldest person posting here!
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Totally Agree with #1.. Didn't read the rest..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,686
    edited October 2014
    Oh and Steve Nash sucks.the guy is hurt every year but still collects his checks. The guy hurt himself lifting his suitcase. Dude, ur old, give the money back, u didn't earn it. To make this pj related, Nash, this is not for u. You don't got some. Just go.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    Ando said:

Now I will vent.

400 threads begging for GA seats.

I cant wait for this tour to end.

The GA thing is the most annoying thing I have ever seen on this forum. Every thread I see I think about posting what a moron you are for even asking people for a GA ticket. Who wins a ten club ga ticket and says fuck it ill just give it to some random person on the forum I don't want to go. Plus I will go to the venue pick them up and hand them over???
    I've given my spare GA ticket to some random person on the forum before... I does happen. ;) But not a pair. Asking for pairs of GA tix is stupid.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I HAVE to get a GA ticket or 4...for all my friends to be with me cause I'm gonna die if I can't go to all of the shows. Omg. Did Ed happen to read this and notice me??? Can you please play every song I want to hear and dedicate it to everyone only I care about...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,311
    My kids pet hamster died can i request for the band to play Rats at bridge or is this asking for to much lol :-j
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

My kids pet hamster died can i request for the band to play Rats at bridge or is this asking for to much lol :-j

If it was from Ebola, then too soon to ask...
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

HALTS MAUL, for a second there I thought you were gonna bring a kid to get noticed! =))
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,311
    badbrains said:

HALTS MAUL, for a second there I thought you were gonna bring a kid to get noticed! =))
    No i'm saving that move for the next MSG shows hi'll be on my shoulders even though his 20yrs old and is 5' 11" lol
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

badbrains said:

No i'm saving that move for the next MSG shows hi'll be on my shoulders even though his 20yrs old and is 5' 11" lol
    I'll help you carry him on your shoulders! Hahahaha
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

badbrains said:

=))
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,912
    Gonna have to agree. I haven't seen this many requested threads for songs on the Porch in almost a decade here, for just these 12 shows. Sometimes I don't even open or view the thread cause it'll probably be a sad story of a loved one who passed away or someone's pet snake who was ran over by a semi. I get pretty emotional at times so it's best I don't get involved in their lives if I don't know the user.

I have no idea why they haven't had a total traveling ban to these affected Ebola countries. It's spreading & can't be controlled down there. So why the FUCK are folks visiting these countries for long periods of time then retuning to countries that haven't been affected? Airports should be on high alert EVERY WHERE'S!!!

I hope Ed is doing well & staying healthy. Dude does have the best doctors money can buy right? If not then he needs to fire his current ones. j/k
  • Options
    I wonder if this sticker shortage has anything to do with Ebola???
    Ed should keep some blood on hand backstage and then just pump in some new blood a la Keith Richards at the end of every show. He could sober up quicker. get rid of all the nicotine and germs. wouldn't even need to wash his nads.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    now we need a request for d's snake that got run over by a semi after it ate j's kid's hamster?

20 yr old 5'11" dudes are getting GA seats above people on the floor?

ed is injecting keith richards' blood to avoid nad washing?

serenity now!!
    ...just got a fresh bottle.
  • Options

now we need a request for d's snake that got run over by a semi after it ate j's kid's hamster?

serenity now!!

this thread is making a case to appear in the thread of the year poll.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    lolobugg said:

serenity now!!

this thread is making a case to appear in the thread of the year poll.
    There have been some gems....

=))
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, everyone jumping on the nurse (including the original poster), check yourselves and all your over-the-top judgements of her. She contacted the CDC and it appears they were even present as she boarded her plane! She did her part by contacting them to find out if she could still fly, the protocol, etc. If you are going to be mad at anyone, get mad at the CDC, but leave that poor woman alone and stop calling for her nursing license to be revoked. She risked her life caring for a patient with a deadly disease, she's now contracted it herself, and she did the right thing and reached out to the agency who was supposed to give her the right info about whether she could travel or not.

Some of you are so comfortable being judgemental without knowing even the publicly available details - would be very interesting to know how you'd feel if you tried to do the right thing and then the entire country heard only a sliver of what happened and passed mega judgement on you, called for you to be fired etc.
This discussion has been closed.