Options

*** E. Rutherford II Fanviews 6/2 Here ***

Comments

• Options
    peachykeenpeachykeen NY Posts: 108
    ed's mike went out so did jeff's bass and i think pretty much the rest of the band's equipment you could slightly hear matt's drums but they werent that loud im sure people in the back couldnt hear anything...
    <3 dee
    *If I had known then what I know now*

199xxx
  • Options
    vtchillervtchiller Posts: 6
    only gripe I have/had was opening both shows in NJ with the same 2 songs in a row. That was a little weak...other than that, night 2 rocked very hard. SOLAT was my highlight when I snuck into the 5th row for it real quick...
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    PSAfinder wrote:
    Just curious but why would you wear a Red Sox cap to a concert in NJ? I think its goofy to wear any sports team hat to a concert as well. There was a guy wearing a Red Sox Varitek jersey as well. Just struck me as odd.

it was raining out... i wear a hat when tailgating in the rain

and actually i had another hat in the car and switched to that one to avoid the idiots

jerseys i will agree with you can be odd... but the hat is just a hat... you probably wear some beanie type thing from banana republic don't you?
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    joseducajoseduca Posts: 1,272
    i listened to the boot and what i perceived at the continental arena holds throughout the boot, definitely the loudest crowd of the first leg

the constant clapping, the voices over eddie, the energy is totally there in the soundtracks

it helps that is not an open venue, tho
    Make records, not war...
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    joseduca wrote:
    i listened to the boot and what i perceived at the continental arena holds throughout the boot, definitely the loudest crowd of the first leg

the constant clapping, the voices over eddie, the energy is totally there in the soundtracks

it helps that is not an open venue, tho

this is one of the reasons i prefer an indoor venue - all that energy squashed into that small place - makes for more intensity.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    LBC1076LBC1076 Posts: 224
    I'm not going to bother reviewing the whole experience song by song, so I'll keep it short and sweet.

First, Joe, Matt, Sarah and Tim, it was good seeing you all again, apologies for the disappearing act. Let's not be strangers.

Second, I got pwned by that show, plain and simple. Toledo was at the top of my list for straight up rocking out, but it has been replaced easily by NJ 2. I have never been so exhausted after a show like I was Saturday night.

Third, please, please, please come to the South after Europe/Australia. Please.
  • Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453
    On top of a great show, tailgating in Lot 22, section D next to this Victoria Secret model made for pleasant viewing:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=30507826
  • Options
    jrzmacjrzmac Posts: 3
    i was there saturday night. place was insane. was wierd because the lot we were in plus the way in, the crown was sort of mellow. even in the halls. by the time pj took the stand, the crowd was going bananas. had the fortune to be at randalls island 96'. also camden saturday night 03'. all 3 were equally wild
  • Options
    I don't understand some of the fanviews in this thread... People either LOVED the show or they HATED/Were Disappointed in the show for 2nd night NJ.

I was on the Floor, Center Front Section, row R.

WE ROCKED OUT! I look around the Venue at some points during PJ concerts, and despite it being not as loud/busy sometimes during this show, it still rocked.

I'd have to say it was one of my top 3 fav shows outta the ones i've been to on the first leg of the 06 tour (see sig).

~inquis
    "Now when people ask me, where's my favorite place to play, I'll reply, Newark NJ!" -EV (solo '08)
  • Options
    jrzmacjrzmac Posts: 3
    i don't see how anyone can say the crowd "sucked". i was in 115 right behind the stage, standing the whole night. from what i saw, i didn't see one person sitting down. the crowd looked to me like they were into it the whole night.
  • Options
    Laura in NJLaura in NJ Posts: 176
    Yes, the arena isn't the best for concerts (MSG blows it away), but unfortunatly we aren't the ones who choose the venues.. Going to be even worse getting in and out of there when that Xanadu bs is finished.

Yeah but by then, hopefully one of two things will have happened:

1) the arena will have moved to Newark so you can take the train, or
    2) NJ Transit might actually schedule some bus service over to the Secaucus Transfer Station, or--here's a novel idea--how about building a friggin' two-mile light rail line from the Arena to Secaucus?

GRRRRRRRRRR New Jersey!!!!!

Laura in NJ
    Laura in NJ
    4-17-1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
    6-20-1995 Red Rocks (Sponsored By No One tour)
    6-23-1998 Fiddler’s Green, CO
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
    9-28-2004 Fleet Center, Boston (Vote For Change warmup)
    6-01-2006 & 6-03-2006 E. Rutherford, NJ
    6-25-2008 MSG NYC * 7-07-2008 EV NJPAC
  • Options
    so where in NY does have good sound?

MSG has great sound, and the Beacon is also top notch. The Nokia Theatre in Times Square, and of course, Irving Plaza.

Laura in NJ
    Laura in NJ
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
  • Options
    Still..... CONTINENTAL VENUE SUX.... the venue itself, the people that work there, the location...

BRING BACK PNC ARTS CENTER SHOWS !!!

UGH NOOOOOOOOOOOO the Arts Center sucks too! However, I will say it's closer to home for me by about 50 miles, but if you're not up front, you're out of luck in terms of both sound and the scene. PJ isn't really an Arts Center kind of band. Much prefer to see them inside (as another person said before).

Laura in NJ
    Laura in NJ
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
  • Options
    peachykeenpeachykeen NY Posts: 108
    October22 wrote:
    HA! yeah dude, that was me. I hurt my foot and missed the show on thursday because of it. i was so pissed. nothing was going to stop me on saturday so i had to bring some crutches. they were actually a lot of fun because i was banging the shit out of anything in reach with them like a mental patient. i think some people thought i was crazy but i just go nuts at shows. and i don't sit down or stop doing anything between sets. between sets i fucking stomp the ground and scream louder because i hate the attutude that we are entitled to encores. the band saw me with the mask towards the end when the lights were on and stone started laughing and pointed me out to ed which was pretty cool.

so yeah, that was me. i went fucking mental. and the mask is an authentic mexican wrestling mask that i bought in the city (and there is only one "the city", and, sorry south jersey, it aint goddamn philly).

peace!

HAHA i saw your crutch from across the building towards the end of the night going up and down...
    *If I had known then what I know now*

199xxx
  • Options
    The show blew me away. I was in 119 with a more than lively bunch!! The arena was on fire, so loud. We had so much energy, even with the sound snafu during Animal. Hail Hail, Love Boat Captain, and I Am Mine were awesome to hear. I was really hoping for Crown of Thorns, since we were the last show of the 1st leg. Oh well. I guess I'll have to see them again and again until I hear it!!!
    I was bitten, must have been the devil.....

06 Leg I~ Continental II
    07 Lollapalooza
    08 Tampa
    08 EV DC I
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,680
    It said "Let Us Prey"

See this art for yourself on THE ART WALL - under illustrated PJ lyrics.
  • Options
    October22 wrote:
    HA! yeah dude, that was me. I hurt my foot and missed the show on thursday because of it. i was so pissed. nothing was going to stop me on saturday so i had to bring some crutches. they were actually a lot of fun because i was banging the shit out of anything in reach with them like a mental patient. i think some people thought i was crazy but i just go nuts at shows. and i don't sit down or stop doing anything between sets. between sets i fucking stomp the ground and scream louder because i hate the attutude that we are entitled to encores. the band saw me with the mask towards the end when the lights were on and stone started laughing and pointed me out to ed which was pretty cool.

so yeah, that was me. i went fucking mental. and the mask is an authentic mexican wrestling mask that i bought in the city (and there is only one "the city", and, sorry south jersey, it aint goddamn philly).

peace!

Nice, I saw you there, good showing.
  • Options
    PSAfinder wrote:
    I think its goofy to wear any sports team hat to a concert as well.

Eh? I wear a hat everyday...have been for like 15 years...it's just part of who I am. Whether it's one of my millions of Mets hats, an Islanders hat or a Dolphins hat, it's very rare that you'll catch me without a hat. So umm...I've worn a Mets hat to every Pearl Jam show I've been to. I guess I'm the goofiest Pearl Jam fan out there!
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • Options
    PSAfinderPSAfinder Posts: 6
    bostonlou wrote:
    it was raining out... i wear a hat when tailgating in the rain

and actually i had another hat in the car and switched to that one to avoid the idiots

jerseys i will agree with you can be odd... but the hat is just a hat... you probably wear some beanie type thing from banana republic don't you?

I find your beanie comment to be offensive to our Jewish friends on the board.
  • Options
    PSAfinderPSAfinder Posts: 6
    pjny wrote:
    Eh? I wear a hat everyday...have been for like 15 years...it's just part of who I am. Whether it's one of my millions of Mets hats, an Islanders hat or a Dolphins hat, it's very rare that you'll catch me without a hat. So umm...I've worn a Mets hat to every Pearl Jam show I've been to. I guess I'm the goofiest Pearl Jam fan out there!

I could see if you had on a Pearl jam hat, representing and all. To each their own I suppose.

just wondering but do you wear a Pearl jam or Islanders hat to a Mets game?
  • Options
    rp12367rp12367 Posts: 1
    I was at both shows. Thought 6/1 was a better show overall.
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    This was my 4th show of the tour and 19th total.
    I drove alone to this show from Massachusetts. Took about 4 hours.
    I bought a single on the last floor section from Ticketmaster.

I didn't get a poster. That was crappy. I was in the building at 6:40 and they
    were gone. I really liked that poster also. Oh well.

Hearing 'No Surrender' was amazing. This has always been one of my favorites
    from Bruce. I had never heard the song 'It Makes No Difference' before. Sounded cool.

4th show and 3rd time with Severed hand as the opener. Kind of depressing.
    I love the song, just want more variation with the openers. The first set had some great songs in it. Rats, Gone and Porch were hightlights for me.

I was lucky enough to hear 'Hard To Imagine' at the Wachovia Center last year. This didn't change my excitement in hearing this song a 2nd time. When the song was done, I came to the conclusion that the 4 hour trip was worth it just for that song.

Got to hear 'Leash' and 'Don't Gimme No Lip' for the 2nd time. Very loud crowd. One of my favorite shows overall. Still not sure if I liked this show, Boston 1 or Boston 2 as my favorite that I attended this tour. All very close.

I was hoping to hear 'Comeback' and 'Satan's Bed'. Hopefully I will hear them on my trip to San Francisco.
  • Options
    vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 473
    This was my 4th show of the tour and 19th total.
    I drove alone to this show from Massachusetts. Took about 4 hours.
    I bought a single on the last floor section from Ticketmaster.

I didn't get a poster. That was crappy. I was in the building at 6:40 and they
    were gone. I really liked that poster also. Oh well.

Hearing 'No Surrender' was amazing. This has always been one of my favorites
    from Bruce. I had never heard the song 'It Makes No Difference' before. Sounded cool.

4th show and 3rd time with Severed hand as the opener. Kind of depressing.
    I love the song, just want more variation with the openers. The first set had some great songs in it. Rats, Gone and Porch were hightlights for me.

I was lucky enough to hear 'Hard To Imagine' at the Wachovia Center last year. This didn't change my excitement in hearing this song a 2nd time. When the song was done, I came to the conclusion that the 4 hour trip was worth it just for that song.

Got to hear 'Leash' and 'Don't Gimme No Lip' for the 2nd time. Very loud crowd. One of my favorite shows overall. Still not sure if I liked this show, Boston 1 or Boston 2 as my favorite that I attended this tour. All very close.

I was hoping to hear 'Comeback' and 'Satan's Bed'. Hopefully I will hear them on my trip to San Francisco.

Gregkitefan- what a great name !!!

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    vitodacat wrote:
    Gregkitefan- what a great name !!!

Thank you!

I figured Pearl Jam with the whole Mookie Blaylock thing, that it kind of fit.

I took my own somewhat obscure basketball player and made my name.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    October22 wrote:
    i bought in the city (and there is only one "the city", and, sorry south jersey, it aint goddamn philly).

you're damn right about that. and unfortunately i didn't have time to go to the city on sunday because we had to get home upstate.

i believe i saw you too - outside gate A before the show. that mask was hard to miss.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    you're damn right about that. and unfortunately i didn't have time to go to the city on sunday because we had to get home upstate.

i believe i saw you too - outside gate A before the show. that mask was hard to miss.

AMEN to that!
    9/26/96 Randall's Island, 8/29/98 Camden NJ, 8/25/00 Jones Beach, 9/2/00 Camden NJ, 4/28/03 Spectrum, 7/8/03 MSG, 10/1/05 Atlantic City, 6/1/06 Meadowlands, 6/3/06 Meadowlands, 6/24/08 MSG, 6/25/08 MSG, 10/30/09 Spectrum, 10/18/10 Newark, 10/21/10 MSG

'Pussies No More!' - ev 6/1/06
  • Options
    satansdicksatansdick Posts: 45
    You my friend...are a genius...very well put. I agree with all you've said.

To those who hate the banners, etc. Jealousy's a motherfucker...you weak jealous motherfucker!
    Oh yeah I hate banners where teams win by using the WHOLE TEAM and not just one or two superstars to win games. That really sucks.

I've always said the Pearl Jam is to music what the Devils are to hockey, it seems VERY relational to me.

And to our 6/3 poster maker too! I was F'N THRILLED to get a poster with devils horns and in red and black.

I'm very proud of those banners.

Oh BTW, I think a lot of the CAA staff are great. When they take your tickets, they're "enjoy the show" and when they check them at the section it's "have a good evening" and said nicely not in a throwaway or snide manner. I appreciate that.

Yeah, it's not the best arena in the world with all the amenities. But I still love it and I loved both CAA shows, the band is just en fuego!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Let's go! Fuck this fuckin' chocolate factory," EV 7/12/03, Hershey Park, PA
  • Options
    PSAfinder wrote:
    I find your beanie comment to be offensive to our Jewish friends on the board.

Um what are you talking about? Jews don't wear "beanies from Banana Republic." They wear yarmulkes.

Laura in NJ
    Laura in NJ
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
  • Options
    I didn't get a poster. That was crappy. I was in the building at 6:40 and they were gone. I really liked that poster also. Oh well.

Amen, brother...I am totally with you on that. I got there early on purpose so I could get a poster, was in the house the same time you were, and was promptly informed they were sold out. WTF is that? What is the problem? Why can't the band arrange to print enough for EVERYONE, and inform the arena staff of the strict ONE per person limits? I haven't even seen the damn thing, but now that there are such issues, I'll probably never buy a PJ poster again. I'm lucky I have my uber-cool 1995 tour poster from the aborted Rocky Mountain tour...I caught the Red Rocks show with Bad Religion before the tour was kiboshed.

Anyone got any suggestions re: how to handle the poster problem? I thought maybe I'd write a letter to Kat or someone at TC, for starters. They seem pretty responsive to the people and I'm SURE the band is aware there's a problem, no? This eBay profiteering nonsense seems like something the band would most definitely NOT support.

Laura in NJ
    Laura in NJ
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
  • Options
    ctvedhead wrote:
    Got to the door about 630 and was headed in to see about a poster when the guy frisked me and let me through. I was holding my binocular case in my hand, they are the small kind perfect for concerts. I had shitty seats tonight, sec 210 row 6 (I missed out on the 10C onsale so I went for gen onsale) so the binoculars would have been nice. I took 3 steps passed the security guard and began pulling the door open when he grabbed my from behind and asked me if it was binoculars or a camera I was holding. I said binoculars, he said I can't bring them in. I had to walk all the way back to my car, which was on the opposite side of the complex across the footbridge near Giants Stadium. I took nearly 20 minutes each way so I didn't get a poster. The thing that gets me is that when he thought it was a camera, it was OK, but binoculars are banned?

I had the same problem with my binocs, but I had read the reviews of the prior shows so I was ready. I asked my security guy why they were an issue, and he said because people have the phony ones that are actually liquor flasks. So I asked him to inspect them thoroughly and once he was satisfied they were real binoculars, he let me in with them. And the beauty of that was, he was so distracted with the binocular issue, he completely missed my little half-pint of rum that I smuggled in for the post-9:30 witching hour :-)

And by the way, don't feel too bad, cuz you wouldn't have gotten a poster anyway, as they were sold out at 6:29 or some shit.

Laura in NJ
    Laura in NJ
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC